Mandarin Orchard Singapore

wennie

hi all..

i set the 2nd video clip to public already coz need to get the permission first ..now can view all..thanks!!

csy

peko, yrs is this week right!

all the best and enjoy yr special day
happy.gif

pekochan81

Thanks SY Chen! Yeap, it's this Sun! But my hubs gota fall sick at this point of time! *faints*...gg to see doc with him now...

pekochan81

SY Chen & All> Am back! Our AD yest was a blast! Everything was perfect!! Rest assured that you'll be in extremely good hands with Meritus Mandarin. All our guest LOVE the Mandarin Court. We had so much compliments on the set-up & the food was definately great in terms of quantity & quality. I'm really missing our AD now...Indeed very memorable. Kuduos to all @ Meritus who made our wedding a wonderful one!

pekochan81

Thanks Wennie! Definately! Will share my pix & the express highlights, which was the "star" at the dinner as well. But that'll be like in 2-3 weeks time! hehehe

w3ngal

dear pekochan, how many tables did you have at mandarin court?

is there any foyer for guests to minger around before the dinner if we take mandarin court?

the layout of mandarin court is very unique and i pretty like it but worry that it looks messy and elderly have problems walking around. what is your advice?

awaiting for your pics! hee

pekochan81

w3n> As mine is a buffet dinner, I had 22 tables. But some tables consist of different configurations e.g. 3,5,6,8,10 or 12 pax to a table. Meaning that we had round as well as square tables. So it's not yr typical table configuration of 10 pax to a table. If you want, I can send u my floor layout plan if u're taking a buffet dinner as well.

Yes! There's a foyer area for the guest to mingle. For us, we had 150 pax, so just nice for us. The area is outside the Mandarin Court itself. They even have a plasma tv inside so that u can play yr foto-montage prior to the dinner.

Indeed the layout of Mandarin Court is VERY unique. Infact, we had so much praises from our guest. Coz the whole ambience is cosy, but unique. It looks messy initailly, but was okay with all the settings & layouts.

True that the downside are the steps due to the different tiers. So what we did was, we had all the relatives table on the 1st tier (which is the stage area) so that they do not have to climb up/down. But provided that you do not have many relatives. And also, despite it being a buffet, MM was very nice to actually plate the food for the Bridal Table as well as the cold cuts for the 3 VIP tables we had. So minimise much walking. You can speak to your coordinator & ask them to plate the food for your guest individually. I'm sure they'll be able to assist you on that.

Definately! Am also eagerly waiting for my pics! Can't wait! hehehe...will share with u peeps once I get it.

csy

btw...we can save our montage and play it from the laptop right?

also, is there a safe in the hotel suite? we can save the ang bao money in the safe right?

i assigned my brother to keep for me but not too sure whether i should put it in the safe first or get him to carry it all over.

haiz..just got to know my PG cannot come earlier for the meet up of the banquet manager. He need time to prepare the express highlight.

It should be okie right?

after the dinner, still must go and return all the gowns and etc..i think i can't rest properly until the next night...really must pamper myself after that..hahahha

pekochan81

SY Chen> Yes. Infact it's better to play it using the laptop. But note that it u're using MacBook, muz bring along the adapter.

Yes, there's a safe in the hotel suite. It's more unsafe to walk ard with it. My sis was assigned to look aft the AP box; while helpers look aft the album etc. As we do not wan them to miss our March-in, they brght all the stuffs in first, then aft the March-in, they went up to our room & unload the stuffs. But of coz, the safe not big enuff to contain the box, so yr bro gota unseal it & stuff inside the safe.

Hmm...for the PG wan, I'm not too sure on that. As long as he's able to come on time to do a test run, then it shld be fine.

Haha...for us, even after the next nite we oso can't rest properly, coz my hubs relatives came from overseas. We still had to entertain them. Worst still, they had some probs w their airtix. So had to settle for them as well. Then tot tat we could have a good rest on our mini honeymoon cruise trip, end up I had stomach flu! Juz back in sg & see doc only! haiz...

csy

okie..i think i would opt to play from the laptop easier..

Haha, my mum ask me put the ang bao in a plastic bag before put inside a bag to keep.

peko, did you end up giving ang bao to the staff?

also, will the banquet mgr actually keep portion of the dinner food for us after the dinner?..like very cheapo hoh but i really want to eat the dinner food once again...was so yummy..hahahah

pekochan81

SY Chen> U mean put inside a plastic bag before putting inside the safe? Yupz. My hubs gave 1 to the banquet manager, as well as 15 sets to the rest of the staff on duty for our dinner.

Actually, we did request for food to be kept & served to us after the dinner ends. But hor, ended up they kept only the deserts! We tot the food wasn't enuff! But maybe they forgotten lor *faints*...so tat was like the only hipcups to us la...nothing major, coz anyway we were not exactly very hungry either. Plus, we were super tired & tipsy frm the saboing la. hehehe...so better ask yr hubs to remind the banquet manager again during the briefing.

w3ngal

hi pekochan, thanks for advice. Oh buffet is chinese food ot western food? I hope you dont mind to share your floor plan, do u have any other pics at the moment, like the food? anxiously waiting for your pics =)

i think their food should be very tasty? i have quite good confidence in this hotel.

a pity i cannot attend the upcoming wedding show. Did u all have one bottle of wine per comfirmed table, is it enough?

[email protected]

csy

okie..like this i think during the rehearsal, i will check with the manager how many staff are there and prepare the ang bao. If okie, can share with me how much u give them?

The red wine they provide is okie?

i bought 5 bottles extra. 2 slightly better ones for my hubby's bosses table and 3 normal ones [less than $20] just in case not enough.

i thinking worse come to worse if still not enough, i will buy from the hotel. I don't think consumption will be high since it is a sunday night and some tables like relative tables don't drink much also.

i not expecting wine appreciator among my guests too. Mostly will drink are my mum's auntie auntie friends nia. hahahhaha

pekochan81

w3n> No prob! The buffet is international spread. So is a mixed variety. The food quality is excellent! We had so much praises especially for the Crepes with Ice Cream, Satay, the Chicken Rice, Sashimi etc. So u dun have to worry on that. None of our guest complained on the food. Quantity is also enuff. Am still trying to check ard with my frens if anyone took pix of the food spread!! Hopefully our PG did take pix of those. Hehe...I had 1 bottle of wine per confirmed table. It depends on the alcohol consumption of your guest. Coz my hubs side his kakis all drinks a lot, so we bght from NTUC a particular brand tat they normally drink. Fortunately, there was a promo gg on, thus we paid only $14.50/btl! U.P. was $25/btl! MM wine per btl is also $25++/btl. So we had a savings on that. I'll send you the floor plan & the buffet menu to your gmail later today ya

SY Chen> We gave the staff $10 each. But our coordinator we gave her $20 & our own wedding favours for her keepsake coz she really did a great job for us. Am not too sure abt the wine quality provided by the hotel, but I tink it shld be fine. But hor, try to get the same range one, coz wine cannot mix wan. Coz wat if the guest move ard, then the staff will top-up the normal ones into the more expensive one, it will not be so nice. Plus, your guest who noes abt wine, will noe the "discrimination" u see.

Ours also Sun nite. Our total consumption was 24 btls including the 15 btls provided by the hotel. So it really depends on yr guest. My hubs kakis they can really forgo gg to wrk the next day juz to drink wan lor. hahaha

For your info, we got the fouremus red wine. NTUC has quite a fair bit of inhouse wine imported frm Aussie. It's good. Do flip thru Thur newspaper for their promos & u can really save a lot from there. Hope that helps! ;)

w3ngal

dear pekochan, opsss i sent out my email and realised u already replied to my qns here for some. so please ignore the repeated qns

you have been a great help! thanks lots!

prinsessy

Hi, i'm new here. I'm a MM BTB. My AD will be at the end of yr 2010. Read alot of information posted in this thread, hope we can share our experiences.

csy

dinner finally over.

We are very very satisfied with MM. Except for the inconvenice for guests to go to the mandarin court, everyting went on perfect.

All had good comments on the food and especially on the service provided.

the banquet manager Wilson had helped us alot. Basically, we just let him know the schedule and leave everything to him.

Last minute we had some additions of seats and he took care of the extra servings, help us to guide our emcees and etc.

pekochan81

Princessy> Welcome to the MM family!
happy.gif

Hstars> Yes, most hotels do provide international buffet, but you'll have to email & specifically request from the hotels. Coz the norm is the sit-down 8 or 10 course dinner. No prob! I've emailed u the package ;)

SY Chen> Congrates! Yes, even till today, our friends are still telling us the food's really great! Really thumbs up to MM!

prinsessy

Hi Pekochan, nice to read all of ur information above
happy.gif

Hi SY Chen, congrats for u.
btw i agree with u, i'm actually concerned that it will be inconvenient for our guest to find e mandarin court since they have to take the lift to level 5 then change to another lift.
is there signage allocated at level 1 and 5 to show where is e mandarin court ?

csy

At the main lobby, they will put a display on the screen to show XX & XX's wedding.

I can't remember seeing whether there is directions sign but guests can always check with the ladies at the main lobby when they arrive.

i suppose it shd be okie coz i didn't hear any guests saying they can't find the place.

pekochan81

I only had 1 guest who commented that she can't find Mandarin Court. But actually, they do deploy quite a lot of ushers to show the guest the way. So no issues on that.

csy

i took the chinese banquet

my dishes are :
sucking pig combination
Shark fin - the one with the conpoy
abalone
sauteed prawn - this 1 got satay taste. It was a choice between the cabbage and prawn. Of course is choose prawn lah...haha
herbal duck - very nice!
roasted chicken marinated with garlic - i change to this 1 instead of the ginseng chicken because both parents comment too much herbal dishes.
Fish - i change to steamed Garupa with soy sauce (personal fav and i think is more suitable for wedding). This 1 is not in their menu but you can request..steam fish always better coz they must use fresher fish
EE fu noodle
Desert - change to Calamasi aloe vera something. If i not wrong, is from their weekday menu

will post picture link once i received
happy.gif

ellentg

*waves* Hi everyone, first time posting here! I'm a potential MM BTB ^_^

Princessy >> I'm going to the wedding show on 7 Nov. You going too?

ellentg

Hi Princessy, good to know that you are there too ^_^ I think Mandarin Court is really nice! Have you placed any deposit already?

prinsessy

Cheesebun, thks for the info.

Ellen, so u conformed ur packet during the wedding show ? what's the extra perks they offer on top of the standard package ?

ellentg

Princessy, I confirmed my package w my coordinator there...

Actually the perks are not very attractive~ For Mandarin Court, the perk is free flow of beer/wine for 4 hours. I will opt for free flow of wine.

ellentg

Hi Angie,

For Mandarin Ballroom, it's free flow wine or beer for 4 hours (same as Mandarin Court), and one extra night stay in the bridal suite.

carebears

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for ur info...

Ya, indeed tis round the perk was not attractive. The last wedding show in Jul had 6%-8% disc off