Mandarin Orchard Singapore

wennie

hi

Actually if got 2 march in really not much time mingle with the guest, at first i also plan like that but in the end i choose remain 2 march in, i never regret coz meritus mandarin march in effect is super illusion, the dry ice all come out from the floor even staircase but dun worry the hotel staff will guide ur to the stage...and mixed with the bubble.. at first i scared too overstate but the effect juz nice...my frens and my family say they really touch for the march in moment...

after wedding dinner over, some of my frens join us to the bridal suite coz the room is huge and we having another celebration haha!....

i had attend some wedding at other 5* hotel ,u know how they provide dry ice during march in...?one hotel staff stand behind the couple and push handcart dry ice machine to construct the effect..i shock to saw this,how can they provide this kind of service somemore 5 * hotel..

pekochan81

Wennie> Gal, so the effects of the bubbles & dry ice is not too overwhelming? Will you be able to share some pictures on that? Coz am also using the Bubbles but have decided to drop the dry ice coz was afraid it will be too drama & yes, I also thought it's like other hotels, got a person squatting & following behind,carrying the pale of dry ice to create the effect!

csy

Had our food tasting last night.

Sucking pig combi - love the wasabi scallop and pi pa prawn. Sucking pig a bit disappointed - dry and just a slab of skin. not those juicy juicy type. Seaweed is is more savoury, not those sweet type. My in-laws say can accept for a change

Shark fin - okie, some comment too salty but for me, is okie coz i like salty food. Can see chunks of shark fin

Sauteed Prawn - The sauce they used is satay sauce. Serving quite okie, at least 2 prawn per pax.

Fish - we change it to steamed garoupa with superior soy sauce, cantonese style. Abit overcooked and i feel the serving is abit too little.

Abalone/veg - abalone is very tender. Spinach some comment there is an earthy taste. Personally, i feel is okie lah but i might feedback tis to the coordinator.

Duck with herb - this is very nice! I think they fry the duck than pour the herbal soup on it. The duck is not bitter at all, got the herbal 'xiang qi'.

Chicken with ginseng - I am changing this to Roasted chicken. At first my in law chose this because they dun want fried chicken but after eating, both side parents say guest will be too sick eating 2 dishes of herbal meat.

Ee-fu noodle - okie but abit too oily

desert - we change to Double-Boiled Snow Fungus and Longan with Gingko Nuts and Sea Coconut. It is just plainly 'chng teng'. I will change it back to either avocade pudding or the petite four.

Overall, we are quite pleased with the food but i feel that it can be improved better.

wennie

Hi, pekochan

the effect juz nice, no no no, dun drop the dry ice,that's is nice...sure i can share my photo with u,but bcoz of the lighting maybe cant see clear through photo during march in....
can i have ur email ..?

pekochan81

Hi Wennie,

Okok....thanks a lot for sharing. Kindly email to [email protected]

Thanks gal!
happy.gif

minnie_goh

Halo GAls !

Wennie can share with me your photos also? If you dun mind, my email is [email protected] thks ah

pekochan and SY, your turn coming soon huh. U gals planning to get extra favours for your guest?

btw side track abit, u gals will be having your own house? any ID u got?

pekochan81

Hi Minnie, I'll not be taking the wedding favours from MM & will be getting our own. As I mentioned in the earlier threads, they're flexible enuff to offset the estimated value of the wedding favour, based on their cost price. Hehe...

I've PM you on our ID that we find it good. Generally, 1 advice is that, must do your research properly & list down the items, reno or even carpentary works you want to do before you sign on the dotted line. Get a few quotes to compare as well. Otherwise, once you sign on the dotted line & confirm their services, their knife will be sharp sharp liao. Hahaha

minnie_goh

Pekochan, thks for your PM! Can tell me how much per favour is MM charging?

Regarding reno, i'm very lost lor! I know nuts about it...

Wennie hasn't emailed me...anxious to c her photos
happy.gif

pekochan81

Minnie> As MM buy the wedding favours in bulk, it's estimated to be about $1.50/pc. But if you've got something in mind that you wana replace the ones from MM, I wld suggest you get a quote from the external vendors first. From there, you might want to nego further so that you won't rugi mah. Hehehe....But of coz, it also depends on what you be getting lah.

If you need any help for reno, perhaps you might want to email me? Will try to help if possible. Like electical appliances, go to those neighbourhood shops and buy. What you can do is also create a list of items you want to buy. Base on that, send to ask a few shops to quote. You'll be amazed by the great diff in price they quote you base on an apple to apple comparison! What's more, if you get most of the items in 1 shop, there's usually much more discount.

Is yours a new or resale unit? Major or minor reno? Do go to renotalk. The peeps there will be able to assit you as well.
happy.gif

Wennie> Thanks for the photos! Hahaha...going to email my coordinator not to drop the dry ice effect liao! wahahahhaa....tks gal!

wennie

Hi pekochan,minnie, suimitao and strawberryger

just check with ur regard the slide show i post at my wedsite can see or not? coz some my fren say can see but some cannot...dono why..

i want to share with ur the slide show done by my photographer and play during the dinner,i like it very much, very satisfy with their job,and price reasonable they can go anywhere, any country..hehe!

for those still searching photographer or video can PM ur his contact..do let me know

cheers!!!

suimitao

Hi Wennie,

i also couldnt view the slide shows. It was directed to you tube site. Maybe the link is wrong?
I am looking for photographer, can you share with me the details?

csy

today went to choose the decoration.

think they had new favours. I chosen the shooter glass and coaster. Got note pads, highlighters.

i took MM's guest book and ang bao box too. I no time to do them myself. haha

pekochan81

SY Chen> Oh, I saw that. Quite cute wan I remember. Their guest book not bad, but the Ang Pow Box, I suggest you can go to this arts & craft shop @ Bugis Junction to buy the box (the slot to put ang pow already there), then you just buy ribbon to tie can liao. It's $18/box. That's what am gg to do. Hehehe...Otherwise hor, must seal up the MM box properly leh

wennie

Hi

omg...i login to youtube all my video also cant see ..i dono why..someone can help???or someone know other than youtube, where can upload the video...

csy

ya, the ang bao box quite flimsy. Not very secure.

$18 a bit expensive, for one that i am going to use once only. Maybe i get A4 box from office and wrap them with nice wrappers or what. Provided i got the time to do it lah..hahahha

the gurst book look very elegant. Better than the 1 my bridal is giving me. So i think i will use MM one instead

pekochan81

SY Chen> Oh, normally people will sell it online after their AD....so still ok...hehehe....Oh, your BS got provide you with guest book ah? So good! My BS no provide wor....but I'll be doing my own instead...intend to do like a scraping booking style type. So gota go grab papers tmr liao. And Sunday is my GDL liao. Looking forward to it! hehehe

strawberryger

Hi Winnie,

Sorry for my late reply & Thanks alot for ur pics...

Ya, me too cannot see ur slide show... izzt u have set to private coz I saw a note above saying 'This video is private'

csy

i see MM's schedule for the dinner,

after the 1st march in is cake cutting?
Is it normal to be like this?

I am thinking -
Montage
1st march in
Than, march in to our seat and first dish served

end of 2nd or 3rd course, will show another montage. Than cake cutting, toasting, yum seng and thank you speech

after that, than table photo.

is it too cramped?

pekochan81

SY Chen> From what you mention, is it that you won't have a 2nd March-in after changing to your EG? Or u won't be changing? Your's seems like the normal schdule just that the sequence different.

Basically I think the norm is Montage, 1st March-in, cut cake then 1st Dish Served. Then before 4th or 5th course, will show either express highlights or another wedding montage, follow by 2nd March-in (and both are changed into EG as well) & then champagn opening, toasting session, speech & table photo.

Wennie> I can view the other 2 videos except "Gift from Kool" wor...Is that set to pte as well?

csy

wennie = [email protected]

peko = i won't be doing a 2nd march in.
i checked with the coordinator. Have to go back to the bridal suite to change. To and fro, than still need my sisters to help out. I think they aleady had a long day. I would prefer them to sit and enjoy the dinner.

Probably i will do the cake-cutting first, than after the end of 2nd dish, than i proceedwith the montage, champagne and etc.

like this can spend more time at each table during the table photo.

csy

ya..i hope the dinner won't start too late

my mum cater for bus to bring her guest over..that's abt 3 tables.

i had suggested to my hubby for his side. As long 80% in, i think can start liao the dinner

btw, the ang bao for jie mei and brother, usually is when give 1?

pekochan81

SY Chen> Ya! I hoped mine will start on the dot too! Most likely will be giving them after the dinner, when they go up to our bridal suite. haha

csy

3 more weeks to go!

can't wait for it to over. I am actually more excited over the holiday trip after AD...hahaha

pekochan81

SY Chen> Hahaha...ya...hope so lah. We shall quickly get our things done so that we can rest & be a happy bride on that day! hehehe

csy

haha, i doubt i can rest..
on the bus also think, eat also think, watch tv also think.

seems like i got most of the things cover but as i think, like more and more come out.

the night after the dinner, i going to sleep all the way (after counting the ang bao of course)..hahahahaha

pekochan81

SY Chen> hahaha...ya, I totally understand. That's why I've taken leave from tmr onwards to prepare all my stuffs and at the same time have a good rest lor.

Wennie> Just to check with you. Can you recall how many banquet staffs are there at the dinner? Coz my parents say muz also give them angpow, so I need to have at least a rough estimate. Got like 10 of them?

csy

my leave only start next week...i can't afford more le..i had used up all my leave for this year. The 3 weeks leave i am taking are all unpaid..haiz..

still must give ang bao for banquet staff ah? if i never remember wrongly, mine is 1 staff to 2 table.

pekochan81

SY Chen> Haiz, coz my parents say it's a happy occassion, so muz give lor! That time my bro & sis wedding they also give. Partly also their services really very goood la...but of coz if u ask me, I feel not necessary since it's their job anyway mah. However in order to avoid any nagging from my mum, we'll give lor. My parents mention is Groom side parents muz give wan actually...but since my MIL oso duno such law, we gota do it

wennie

Hi pekochan

i cant recall how many staff there at the dinner..shld be more than 10 if not wrong..and i never give ang pao to them also coz nobody told me have to give before..

but we had left few bottle of wines and we told the captain serve to the staff who helping at our dinner.....

csy

oh..like this i must take note how much money to change le.

Total, i need ang bao for:
open door
MUA
PG
Gate crashing - this will be ang bao for the sisters right?
Brothers
Banquet staff

my mum say we have to prepare ang baos when return to bride's house to give to those 'wan bei'..kids or those not married.

pekochan81

Wennie> Tks gal! Guess we'll prepare a little more AP just in case.

SY Chen> Ya, I think add here and there, really A LOT of money to distribute lor! Haiz...We're bleeding liao! hahahaha....

Ya, the gate crash is also the AP for the sisters. Brothers hor, base on last time practice, we don't have to give. Only both side parents will give. But now a bit diff lah, we give to reimburse them whatever expenses they might incurr. But we be buying them a meal after the AD; and I also bght a little gift for my jie-meis.

I think what your mum say is right leh...aiya, I think we just prepare and put spare with us lor. Else not enuff to go ard oso quite pai sei wor