Mandarin Orchard Singapore

greedycat

hi all

I was there on 30 may to view the ballroom decorated up. saw that the seat covers are not the standard ones. They used those elastic ones and some of them have visible holes in them when stretched.

Was told that they will be changing them soon when new stocks arrived.

anyone aware of this ?

nanshee

You may used to add your info as below

Bbear - 29 Jan 05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

cmy - 12 Jun 04 - Belvedere - Henry - Julia Wedding News - Stefine - Whampoa

jitpong - 19 Feb 05 - Belvedere - Henry - Everbliss - SengKang

Carole - 25 Nov 04 (Likely to change to 18 Oct 04) Mandarin Court - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - Jurong/AMK/CCK (my home/PIL/our home)

Bineo - 13 July 04 - Grand Ballroom- Angie- Flamingo- The Edge- Pasir Ris

Zonkkie - 25 June 05 - Belvedere - Francis - The Bridal Wardrobe - Benny Ang

Sweet - 1 Oct 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - Milan - Bt Gombak

Okipoki - 28 Dec 04 - Belvedere - Doreen - TWD - Dover

Greedycat - 25 Jan 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - French - Tampines

nanshee - 06 Nov 05 - grand ballroom - Francis - Yvonne Creative - Pasir Ris

shinchan

judyl, what we did was decide on our preferred coordinator, give him a call to inform him that we have already signed up with MM and is currently under Mr XX and wld like to him to take over our case... And they will do their own internal transfer. Case closed
wink.gif

Maybe u can decide now, and give MM a call...

jitpong

Hi judyl

So far i am happy with their services and attitude although have heard of -ve feedback about them...but it all depends on what you expect...if you expect designer style gown then i wont encourage you to sign up with them...they do have nice gown but not fantastic like wedding present or silhouette.

But if you are on budget, they do offer one stop service and very comprehensive package at a very good price and also throw in alot of freebies...photographer and MUA so far are mostly of good comments...but there are also a lot of similar BS out there who offer similar package...it best that you look around before making any decision....

carole

blursotong: MC not available, only left GB. Handsome Malcolm is not talking to his boss on this matter.. i sincerely hope something will just turn out to be in our favour. i have no choice. My own brother reservist(Commando) refused to defer and my FH's eldest bro in Aust cant come back, and his 2nd brother oso reservist... kaoz... if i dun change, both my mum and my MIL will be after my neck manz. i am currently waiting in fear with the outceom from malcolm, but i trust he will sure do his part as he is the only person who i can rely on for my AD.

hi Lala: MM's weekdays package starts from $588+++ Free FLow Beer. Look for Malcolm or Henry. both recommended by MM's brides. Malcolm has just promoted to Asst. Director, i guess he will be glad to serve u.

Judyl: one of the MM's Bride oso staying in Pasir Ris soon... Trekkie (White Waters)

Sweet: Congrats!!! Welcome to the MM's Brides club

Greedycat: i have heard that they have new ones coming in.. as for when, no idea. if u have sign up with MM, u might wanna check with ur coordinator.

nanshee: how many tables u have for GB?

mtmtmt

Hi all (hi Fran and Sandy too!)
happy.gif

- the kah lui bang is expensive but classy looking. If u want, maybe order a few for selected VIP ;) Tastes like mooncake, but recipients found it unique and extremely traditional compared to modern day varieties. Helps that MM name on the box too haha.

- the rice vs noodle. In my time the noodle was better, the rice had alot of bad comments, even a relative who chose rice for their wedding changed to noodle.

- seat covers... we din notice holes but tiny stains so we checked roughly I think... of cos can't check every seat. Don't think it was a major problem, dunno abt now, maybe deteoriated wear and tear?

- coordinators, I vote mine, Henry.
happy.gif
Tells u when he's away so u won't kancheong, keeps u updated on when you next need to see him (so u don't wonder if he kept track or not).

carole, take grand ballroom lah!
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Hi MT
How are both U and baby? Do U have any MS? Must take good care and rest well.
happy.gif

Hi Carole
U must be feeling like a sandwich now.. Will pray for U that everything will go on smoothly for your big day. It is also a good idea to take Grand ballroom
happy.gif

Hi Blur Sotong & judy
After the 1st and last teleconv with Mr F, I immediately called up the former co-ordinator for his advice. And his advice was to speak Thomas (Dir of Catering) and request for a change.

When i called up to Thomas, he was on leave. So I spoke to their then Asst Dir Gilbert. He didn't allow me to choose Henry (cos at tat time, Henry is THE most wanted sales guy) cos Henry is overloaded with a lot of couples.

Later, Gilbert decided to take on our account personally. But again, we just cant clicked with him too.

At 1 point, we even lost hope with MM, almost wanted to forgo the deposit and look for alternate hotel.

Thank God, my hubby's cousin had a closed frenz -'Handsome & Helpful' Malcolm who works in MM. So we approached Thomas again to request for a change to Malcolm to handle our A/C. And after much fighting and argument, we finally got MALCOLM to make our wedding a memorable and wonderful one!

Don't be afraid to request for change. Remembered it is YOUR BIG DAY, so U don't want to live it with regret!

Hi okipoki
We took the digital package with Yew Kwang. We paid $920 (as ours was a 2 day events)and he chose 360+ photos to be displayed in an album. Overall, we had over 600+ photos taken.

If U r looking for someone cheaper than YK, I do have some alternate choices for U. Let me know if U need help, ok?
happy.gif

carole

MTMTMT: i oso wish lor.. but now like waiting for the Judge to decide on the pending jail term.. SB stress... i will have to wait till Monday before i know the outcome... the waiting process is long manz

Sandy: u bet lor... wait if i insist on 25 Nov, and brother n Brother-in-law cant come, i tell u... all will be very very buey song. stress stress. wah!!!!! HANDSOME & HELPFUL MALCOLM!!! wahahhaa... do u know he is oso reading this thread? if u dun.. let me tell u... he is reading. Oh yes.. i have to agree Malcolm has helped me alot so far.. to make my preparation a wonderful one. no fuss and no stress one... One VOTE for MALCOLM

carole

Hi Girls,
my AD is now 18 Oct... now start to stress liao...

You may used to add your info as below

Carole - 18 Oct 04 Grand Ballroom - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - AMK/CCK

BlurSotong - 2 Dec 04 Mandarin Court - Francis - xxx - xxx

Bbear - 29 Jan 05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

judyl

Hi Girls,
Added my infor too:

BlurSotong - 2 Dec 04 Mandarin Court - Francis - xxx - xxx

judyl - 09 Sep 05 - Mandarin Court - Francis - hvnt decided yet - Pasir Ris

judyl

Hi jitpong,
Thks for ur advice. Will definitely look arnd and compare b4 i made a decision. Now bz comparing quotes for renovations. Once datz settled, will concentrate on BS. BTW, how much did u pay for ur pkg?

Hi sandy & shinchan,
Thks for ur advice on co-ordinator. Had spoke to HB, and he dun c a need to change. Will c how.

Hi carole,
Dun stress. Let us noe if we can be of any help.

Hi Greedycat,
Your AD is my b'day leh. Must be a good date.
biggrin.gif

Hi Nanshee,
So wch part of Pasir Ris do u stay?

carole

judyl: u considering EverBliss too? its ok for the help part.. still able to managed... stress cos, there is an increase in the number of tables to fulfil so slightly stress.. but no worries.. kekeke... Malcolm says ask me to invite th SGbrides forum friends.. whahahaha...

cottoncandy

Hi greedycat

was oso informed that they will be changing the seat covers in batches, replacing the old and torn ones...

hey gals, i have oso confirmed Yew Kwang yesterday for my AD's photographer...hehe..=)

babybbsg

hi all,

can anyone pls tell me more about how do i get a 5% discount on normal rates using UOB card or...??Pls help!!thanks

sandgirl72

Hi Carole
Oh yes.. I knew all along that our HANDSOME and HELPFUL Malcolm has been faithfully reading up this thread! kekeke..
happy.gif

Don't hit the panic button as yet. We r all here to help U.. Seiko, MT and I have 'graduated' liao..

Since U r going to bring forward yr wedding date, have U arrange your PS with your bridal studio?

R u also using T Dragon to print your wedding invites? Today Connie of T Dragon appeared on Straits Times Life Section.

sandgirl72

Hi judyl
U r most welcome.

Hi Sweet
I m sure U and your hubby will have a wonderful time with YK on your AD.. Congrats!

Hi okipoki
YK is familiar with the chinese traditions and the way he does his work is fill with lots of passion and love.

He is ever on the move to snap shots from here and there.. And they are turned out to be very nicely taken and that is professional work.

Trust me, he is worth your dollars and cents invested!

If he is available on yr day, then U shall not hesitate any further but to confirm him liao lor.. kekekee

Nonetheless, I will try to email U the other's contacts by tmr..
happy.gif

carole

Sandy: orh....PS already took in May 04...awaiting the 2 albums etc, to be ready by Aug 04.

Haha. I know what Malcolm does apart from reading this thread. He prints out all the compliments and have them framed up and hung on his office wall...kekekekekeke

Yeah, getting from T Dragon soon. Will go and read about T Dragon in the Life Section. Thanks

toons77

Dear all,

Saw the "hype" about Mr F.

Have to agree with nanshee about Mr F as he is my coordinator. He is a very straightforward person who will tell you whether or not he is able to provide certain requests. I personally also prefer to deal with this type of person. He is also a very different from the person you speak to when you personally meet him

But have to mention that he will need to change a bit of his communication skills on the phone cos he gives you the cold feeling. Guess that "first impression" is also important.

Wonder whether Mr F also reads this thread???

Hi Francis if you are reading the thread....

carole

Morning Ladies.... muackzzzz... a Kiss for the Monday Blues.... Guess wat.. i am down with Flu and Headache today.. maybe getting stress up ... last nite i did a wedding Emcee at MM's Mandarin Ballroom, the lightings not too bad, but i find that the Flower Deco alittle too empty. but overall, not too bad.

Toons: Thats what i heard too...but i guess he should improve on his telephony skills. Like me, my first meeting with Malcolm, i find he was alittle proud, but on the second meeting, he was like a brother to us, very humble and down to earth and NO AIRs at all. So far my experience with MM still very good... esp. my gf's wedding at MM on 22 May, and last nite wedding Emcee at MM, i felt their service level is there. Last Nite, I was having small talks with 2 Banquet Service Staff (Eddie & Joseph) both very humble and having the attitude of "ready to serve u". Both of them looks into tiny little details like the Table's Cutlery Arrangements etc. Thumbs up for the both gentlemen!

Hi Malcolm, could i have these 2 gentlemen pls? both very handsome leh.. whahahhaa.. shhhh shhhh.. i will cover my hubby's eyes and not allow him to look at this thread.. whahahahahah...

dyeo

Carole,
Yah... don't be strezzz, You better take care man.. Let me know if you are going Tdragon. I mgt join u. Let me know if you need help...No doubt, I do not have experience,like those whom have GRADUATED...(We definitely,need all the advice from them), but I can help you if you need any handicraft...like ring pillow, corsages....
Thanks for adding my info.

Aside to all,(to many to reply)
Thanks for your info..... We will talk to Mr F near date & see how is his service and decide later.My Fh thinks that we need to give tt guy a chance....

Aside to Angeline, UOB couple pak is applicable till Sept03. You can check with UOB.

Hi Ladies, My added info.....

BlurSotong - 2 Dec 04 Mandarin Court - Much Talked abt "Francis" - Camellia - Hougang/ Pine Close

judyl - 09 Sep 05 - Mandarin Court - Francis - hvnt decided yet - Pasir Ris

carole

wondering how is CMY's wedding? and here comes Bineo's wedding soon.. kekeke....

Blursotong, u have a mail... keke i dun need ring pillow, cos i have done my ROM last mth.. kekeke... yes i might be gng to Tdragon in last Aug... How abt 28 Aug? sat?? u working? we shall keep that date available.

i thought Trekkie oso getting married next June... June 05... never see her logging in...

bineo

wondering how come no one seems to be using my co-ordinator, not sure if its good or bad news...

Carole, you really sounded stress. No worries, I am sure things will work its way out. You still have some time. You can negotiate on the min no. of tables to fulfill and use the Grand Ballroom.

carole

Bineo: all that has been done.. now waiting for the NEW agreement... stress cos .. 4mths left.. and i have yet to decide on who to invite and who not.. seems like satisfying my IL makes my life horrible... kekek cos some of my friends cant make it.. horrible manzzz... haiz... no worries... thigns will surely turn up well.. :p

bineo

Carole, its like this. I did not confirm on my own invitation list till 2 weeks ago, started calling people up only last week and aim to send the invitation out only by next week ( if I am lucky to reach all of them). My big day is 13 July ie. one month away.
The worst is I have not seen the guest list from my IL yet. You are right, satisfying IL is a big headache!

carole

Bineo: ya lor... i guess i will visit Tdragon on 28 Aug with my FH and Blursotong. hope to get it out by 2nd week of Sept. so i can start giving out my invitations by the 3rd week. it seems like very tight... better change plan.. whahaha... get the cards printed soon... My guest list is out long ago.. now started to call my friends up to see who can make it.. i dun like last min call.. sure lots of problems coming up.. kekke...

BlurSotong: when u free in Aug? 21 Aug??? if i wait till 28 Aug, like very very tight... cos i wan the cards to be out by 2nd week..

HEy, anyone knows how long is the printing of the cards with Tdragon? whats the payment mode like?

dyeo

Carole,
You got Mail..... I jus mail you on the dates to Tdragon.
Let's go earlier & avoid the lunar 7th month.... Anytime, before 15th Aug. Earlier better. Just in case name or details wrongly printed, you still got time.
Check with your IL if you can discuss wedding things during tt period....(Mine oredi WARNED me to get things done before QI YUE)

sandgirl72

Hi Carole
T Dragon takes approx 2 to 3 weeks to print and the payment is cash or cheque.

So at least U need not have to worry about PS since yours is already done.

I suppose now the most headache part is guest list management. It is THE most hectic one.

Just do your best and it is not easy to satisfy every single one involved esp PILs.
happy.gif

carole

Blursotong: how abt 14 Aug? i told my FH abt it liao.. he says ok... if u can.. we arrange that day and abt 10am? dunno wat time thy open leh...as for the discussion during 7th mth.. not sure.. but will hurry to do all before the mth. so will start issuing RED BOMBs after the 7th Mth.wahahaha... make sure u come to see my wedding.. kekeke.. too bad i cant invite u.. whahaha...

sandy: watw are their opening hours? ok.. noted the payment mode. oh yes.. less one PS to be headache abt. the really headache on the guest list. scare under attendance. i guess over attendance still able to cope. PIL so far ok.. but wasnt happy when both BIL cant make it... so now they are happier at least.. whahaha...

okipoki

Hi Sandy,
Oopss u have already indicate how much u spent on that. Btw how abt the additional 60 pics ?? U requested or he just add in ?? Also how abt videographer ?? Thanks

sandgirl72

Hi Carole
I'm sorry that I cant recall wat time does T Dragon open. It is best that U give Connie a call to make appointment with her before U go down. They are normally very very busy on Sat, so it is better to make an appt with her.

U can call her at Tel: 6292 8338 / 6294 6391 / 6294 8252. They are located at #03-13 Excelsoir Hotel Shopping Centre.

sandgirl72

Hi okipoki
He didn't charge us any extra other than $920 leh.. kekeke.. btw, he was a friend of my hubby's cousin.. so i suppose he gave us 'extra' photos based on their friendship.. kekeke

We did not have videographer, we had our cousin-in-law to stand in for us as amateur. I can recommend some contact for U if U r looking for videographer..

Oh yeah, I still owe U the contact for other photographers. pai say, will try to send U by tonight if possible..

okipoki

Sandy,
Thanks inadvance
happy.gif
& yes I am looking for a videographer too.

Sweet,
Did u ask Yew Kwang to do the photo montage for you ?

judyl

Hi BlurSotong,
Will need help on the ring pillow, corsages, and church decor (if possible) as we will be having a church wedding (HB is a Catholic). If u hv details, pls e-mail me at [email protected] Thks!
happy.gif

chillipadi

Bineo
Just checking if you are working in Levi? I am finding a friend who is getting married in Meritus Mandarin on 13July/ I am your ex-colleague

cottoncandy

Hi oki

morning express edit is done by videographer, not photographer...hehe..havent confirm my videographer yet...

check with u gals..any of u having an ice craving as part of the deco?

okipoki

Hi Sweet,

Okiee.. cos YK do provide express photo montage so assuming u will be doing a video montage instead right ?
happy.gif

No leh wont be having any ice craving as deco...

sandgirl72

Hi Blur Sotong
U can bring along your own lipstick,loose powder & blotter paper(in case U r going for outdoor PS and need touch up), water and some snacks (in case thirsty or hungry).

Hi Sweet
We didn't have ice carving for our dinner.

Hi okipoki
U r most welcome
happy.gif

carole

Hi girls...

a company email this price of wine... maybe it helps u in ur wine shopping.. if u need the contact.. email me [email protected]

The followings are the recommended wines for your banquet celebration:

Based on 3 dozens purchase:
BG Rouge Bordeaux NV $14.00
Carlo Rossi California NV $15.00
Crate No.31 Cabernet Merlot 2002/Chardonnay 2002 $18.00
Penfolds Rawson's Retreat Merlot 2002 $17.00
Rosemount Estate Cabernet Merlot 2002/Shiraz Cabernet 2002 $18.80
Miranda Somerton Shiraz Cabernet Merlot 2002/Unoaked Chardonnay 2002 $19.00
Brokenwood Harlequin Shiraz Blend 2001 $24.00 (Special promotion $22.00 until 15 May 2004)
Miranda Mirrool Creek Shiraz 2000 $23.00
Happs Marrimee Semillon Chardonnay 2000 $25.00
Happs Fuchsia Rose 2002 $28.00
Orlando Jacob's Creek Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 $30.00

And also:
Tiger Beer 330 ml x 24 cans $62.00
Heineken 330 ml x 24 cans $70.00
Remy Martin VSOP 70cl $66.00
Johnny Walker Black Label Whisky 75cl $66.00
Hennessy VSOP 70cl $78.00
Martell VSOP 70cl $84.00

Any enquiry please contact Alan at 6334 2320 or 9423 6833