M Hotel Singapore

jamci

Hi kilo, right you should go into other hotels at least you can compare. I had went to grand hyatt, marriott, pan pacific, merchant court, amara hotel....etc. too much to list. Actually seeing too much hotels really made me headache leh. I was almost confirmed with marriott until one day i drove by M hotel.
Mmmmnn... i did not regret stopping by.

panic

Dear Kilo,

I have booked with M Hotel. But after attending two of my friends wedding in M hotel I PANIC. Seriously! GALS please make sure you have a technician at your wedding. One reason is my girl friend wedding first march in there was no music. Reason the person who was at the control was not a professional and he pressed the button wrongly. Secondly, he played the wrong music the second round.

We understand Murphy's Law but we can minimize it by allowing the professionals to do it so that situations can be rectify instantaneously.

Also try Pan Pacific Hotel cause their package starts at $620nett. Its worth the money.

K

kilo

Halo Panic

Wow...that sounds bad...
Yah...i understand M hotel's rate kinda expensive but they offer free flow of beer. That is quite important to me cos i know beer will gonna cost me a bomb! Most of my frens are drinkers.

As for pan pac...their package really starts at 620 net??? Guess its for weekdays only. But anyway thanx for your info. I'll call pan pac for their package tom. Thanx...
happy.gif

Hi jamci
Luckily you never regret...hehee...Did you got impress by their bridal suite or something else that made you choose them?

M

milliefoo

hi all

juz went for food tasting yesterday. food actually not as bad as i thought. some dishes were better than some of the food served at 5-star hotels. but of course that's food tasting so quality usually better than actual day.

was assured by anna that all fish dishes are prepared from live fish which is delivered to the hotel the morning itself. she can't understand why there are comments that fish is not fresh. she also mentioned that she has not rcvd any such feedback from her clients yet.

anyway, she did allow me to change to another dish other than scallops if i am not comfortable with the fish. btw, fish served during food tasting was fresh.

jamci

Hi Kilo,

I was impressed by their bridal suite and of course free flow of beer. (Don't need to worry abt extra cost)
happy.gif

lida

hi millefoo

i was also having my food tasting yesterday .. the food was really not as bad as what i thought ... hmm wat noodle did you order??? the crispy noodle was a bit soggy .. and the fish was fresh but abit tastless.. wat stlye of fish did you order??? hmm ... i love the thai crispy chix and the prawn it was really yummpy ... thinking of changing my shark's fin to fish maw soup what you think ??

rene

Hi lida n milliefoo,

ya i do agree with both of u that the food served during our food tasting was not as bad as what we thought right? hopefully, cross our fingers that they will maintain their standard.

lida, i chose crispy noodle and i think they served hongkong noodle instead cos it doesn't taste like crispy noodle at all but the noodle is not bad lah. ya same, i love the thai chix and the live prawns are really yummy right?

M

milliefoo

hi lida

i really liked the sharks fin soup with crab roe thot it was better than those served at 5-star hotels. i chose soon hock teochew style but fish was v.tastless. probably change to steamed soon hock/garoupa in superior soya sauce. as for the thai crispy chix, i personally like it v.much...something different but my dad said too sweet and spicy so not suitable for elderly or young children..will change to crispy roast chix instead
sad.gif

i did not choose noodle cos v.common...tried the rice in lotus leaf instead...nice but a bit too heavy, will stick with it anyway.

rene

Hi lida, i chose sharks fin with fish maw n crabmeat. what abt u?

hi milliefoo, maybe u shd try steamed garoupa in superior sauce, i had that and the fish is very sweet n tasty. at first i thought they add MSG but anna checked with the chef and apparently they dun use MSG in any of their dish.

lida

Hi milliefoo / rene

thanks for the advise ... i had the soon hock with soya sauce but the fish abit tastless and the sauce too ... i think i will get the sharkfin with fish maw ...

btw did you get the printer for your card.. i got quite a good deal from this printer .. going to check it out tom ... less than $100 for 300 copies .. normal paper!!!

M

milliefoo

hi lida

i will be using ISUCCESS at bras basah. they are charging me 60cents a piece of insert with photo printed on tracing paper.

rene

hi milliefoo n lida, i'll be using acepro at macpherson. they are charging me $80 (a fixed cost) for printing costs and 20 cts a pc for tracing paper inserts. they have alot of nice n cute pics for u to insert in the invitation cards.

K

kilo

Hi all
I would like to attend bridal show by M hotel too...
By the way, can anyone tell me more about the function room? Does it have pillars? Thank you.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Trixie,

I've already answered your posting in another thread but I'll post it here again anyway.
happy.gif

Currently, there isn't any wedding show by M Hotel but they may have one later.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kilo,

You may like to visit M Hotel's page at here.

There are virtual tours of the ballroom, function room and executive suite. It is available on the grey colour navigation bar near the top of the page.

If you are unable to view the virtual tour, you may need to download the Java plug-in here.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

sunnyday

Hi all,
I like to check somethings about the wedding card.
If we let M hotel appointed printing company to print our wedding cards, what is the different of sourcing the printing company ourself?
(Is it something to do will collection/delivery of cards? How does it go about it?)
Thank you.

rene

Hi sunnday, i dun think that's any difference. the hotel only give u their printer contacts if u request but i've noted that their printers charge more than the one that i'm using so in the end i didn't use the hotel's printers.

sunnyday

Hi Rene,
Thanks for your reply.
Do we have to collect the cards first then send to printing company or what...? I'm quite confuse.
Which printing did you go to? How much did you pay?

rene

Hi sunnday, no actually u do not need to collect ur cards first (unless you want to do hotstamping on the cards itself) but u do need to know how many inserts u want to print. my printer is Acepro at Macpherson, Winsor Hotel. i chose tracing paper as inserts so they charge a fix printing cost of $80 and 20cts per inserts (will be cheaper if u choose normal coloured paper, probably by half). let me know if u want their contacts.

M

milliefoo

hi sunnday, i will be using ISUCCESS at bras basah...they have quoted me 60cts for printing on tracing paper. they use computer to print so cheaper.

sunnyday

Hi Rene / Milliefoo,
If we don't bring the card to the printing company, how do they know the exact measurement? Unless you check with M Hotel first before printing right?
By the way, did hotel provide the service of doing all the printing for us, and we only have to collect the card after printing?
Sorry to ask these question which possible to get it from previous posting, however I don't have a computer at home and I can only come in during working hours (of course when boss not around)...

black_monster

Hi Sunnyday,
u dont have to use e hotel appointed printer & e price r not guranteed cheaper oso. The main advantages is that it's more convinent. Their appointed printer oledi have samples of the cards & details of the hotel w them. So it's easier i.e. u need not worry abt providing e wrong address.

They oso have several layout sample u can have on e card as they oledi have e measuremt of M hotel card.

U neednt collect e cards from e hotel & send to printer. The printer collects from M hotel directly & u jus have to collect fr e printer when done. However u still need to go down to discuss w e printer on ur requiremt b4 printing.

jedi

Hi Sunnyday,

i got TDragon(3th floor exclesior hotel) to do the printing. No need to collect cards from m hotel. TDragon collected cards from m hotel and when printing is completed, they send to my place (no delivery cost).

black_monster

Hi Sunnyday,

tot e questn was not posted to me... T-Dragon charged me $100 for 200pcs. Mine was e basic package w normal paper & normal gold ink. N they printed 100pcs each on pink & biedge papers cos 50% of card cards were e red one & e other 50% were e western one.

jedi

Hi Sunnyday,

$100 for 200pcs of beige paper inserts with normal gold printing plus $20plus (cannot remember) to tie silver strings. Final cost was not more than $130.

sunnyday

Sorry Black Monster, didn't know that yours was from T Dragon too.
Thanks to you & Jedi.
How long will the printing take from the day we confirm to print?
Hopefully this is the last question about the card from me.
happy.gif

black_monster

Hi sunnyday,

i think it took abt 1-2weeks to print.

I call my guests 1st b4 sendg e card. I start calling them 4 weeks b4(during that 1 week i cancel all appointmt really sit down to call all my guests) & sent out 3 weeks b4 e wedding. Those v close bubbies/helpers onli 1 or 2 weeks inadvance. Some pple will need to look at calender b4 sendg e card eg, avoid hungry ghost mth, ching min mth... U may wan to consult ur parent on tat.

BTW, calling frens will take a while u will do some cathcing up but it was real fun. I spent average on 15min on each guest jus to get e add... some 1-2hrs... hee hee

tlc24

hi every1

i am tinking of signing with m hotel
wanted to have more reviews heard b4 giving deposit...

i like the level 10 ballroom alot!
but i mit have around 32 tables...
wan a cosy and not a squeesy feel...

oso they dun have red carpets...
how did all of u walk in?
hope to hear all your experiences!

thanx