Lightens pigmentation

1jl

How can we lighten the dark spots or pigmentation as we age? Must we ‘resigned’ to it?

marythou

Definitely not! There are several things you can do to lighten or remove dark spots/hyperpigmentation:

1. Home remedies - If you search the Internet, you'll find lots and lots of home remedies that can help lighten skin, some ingredients you can find in your kitchen or refrigerator. But the results usually take too long to be noticeable and it also depends on the skin if the remedy will be effective or not.

2. Skincare products - You can find several skin lightening products in beauty stores, pharmacies, supermarkets, even online. Again, it will depend on your skin whether the product is effective or not. You may want to consult with your dermatologist first before using these to make sure they are good and safe for your skin.

3. Skin treatments - I think this is the most effective since the results are immediate. Chemical peels, lasers, microdermabrasion, etc can help remove dark spots and uneven skin tone.

Skin treatments are very common but if you want to get ideal results, you should look for a skilled and qualified doctor to do the procedure. I'd like to recommend my doctor Colin Tham. I go to him for my peels and even plastic surgery. Do check him out. You can also message me if you'd like his contact details. Hope this helps! :)

1jl

Thanks for sharing, marythou.

I had spoilt my own skin through the years with the skin treatments of chemical peels, lazers, microdermabrasion, etc. which has caused great damage to my innermost skin ovr the years.

Whatever facial treatments I went for, is only a temporarily solution on the surface of skin. The melasma (patches) start to form & I felt extremely helpless that no matter what facial treatment I went for or whatever expensive products I apply on my face, I can’t stop the formation of melasma becoming deeper in color as it surfaced to the outmost layer of my skin.

It’s costly to visit skin doctors and thus I will continue my quest to look for alternatives that can heal our innermost skin first (inside out)

Sharonhls

Hello, I think skincare products might help, the regime is customise to address your pigmentation and it has address quite alot of users skin issues. If you're interested let me know, I'm glad to share more.

stephaniekan

Fear not the signs of aging! At GynaeMD Women's and Rejuvenation Clinic in Singapore, Dr. Ng specializes in skin rejuvenation. His expertise can guide you on effective and non-invasive treatments to lighten dark spots and pigmentation. Embrace a radiant complexion with personalized care. Age gracefully with Dr. Ng's support!