July 2017

Aj.tan

Not progressing after doing the following things much earlier:
- confirmed venue both solemnisation and banquet
- signed AD and pre-wed shoot
- completed my shoots (did one in Taiwan and one in HK :p)

Just going to slack until maybe April?
Not too sure what else there is to do now.

LuvBlonde

Not progressing after doing the following things much earlier:
- confirmed venue both solemnisation and banquet
- signed AD and pre-wed shoot
- completed my shoots (did one in Taiwan and one in HK :p)

Just going to slack until maybe April?
Not too sure what else there is to do now.

Nice!
How was the weather in Taiwan and Hong Kong?

Have u all booked JP yet?

Aj.tan

Nice!
How was the weather in Taiwan and Hong Kong?

Have u all booked JP yet?
Taiwan is quite cooling but HK was still pretty hot.

I will be engaging my pastor so no need to worry about securing a JP!
Isn't it a bit too early though? I thought the recommendation was to source for one around 4 months prior...

LuvBlonde

Icic, actually I have no idea and have not booked any jp yet, just curious and my friend was saying can slowly start looking

Aj.tan

Icic, actually I have no idea and have not booked any jp yet, just curious and my friend was saying can slowly start looking
Yeah cause some brides will start booking a year before hahaha. If yours is not a popular date it should be okay.

phirahh

I've more or less booked my vendors. Sourcing for suits now and dresses for my mother and future in law :)

maggies

I've more or less booked my vendors. Sourcing for suits now and dresses for my mother and future in law :)

May i know where are you sourcing for dresses for your mother? i am also looking, but so far no luck. either its nice but ranging $500-600 (in a shop along the underground walkway from 313 to centrepoint) or not so nice ones... sigh not easy

phirahh

May i know where are you sourcing for dresses for your mother? i am also looking, but so far no luck. either its nice but ranging $500-600 (in a shop along the underground walkway from 313 to centrepoint) or not so nice ones... sigh not easy
Yea I realized that's like the average price for nicer dresses? My friend's mum got hers from zalora and Asos, so I think there are cheaper ones but you just have to keep a lookout.

LuvBlonde

Hello! Yah I was also thinking our group is very quiet, but I paiseh to say... =p

Hope every one's planning is going well!
Have u all informed people about your wedding dates already?

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
Hi July BTBs, my wedding is on 1 jul. When do u all suggest that i should start printing the wedding invites?

if you have not send out the e-invites. Wld recommend u do it soon as 1 Jul is a super hot date :) physical invites as be sent later (ie a few months before the AD), but if you can have it ready sooner, that will help to relieve the stress too as there is a lot of manual work to be done when posting the invites out.

Aj.tan

Hello! Yah I was also thinking our group is very quiet, but I paiseh to say... =p

Hope every one's planning is going well!
Have u all informed people about your wedding dates already?
Hahaha
Still a long time for me since I'm the last weekend of July! But I have already informed my closer friends to save the date!
I printed my invites on Taobao on 11.11 cause of the sale :p kiasu

LuvBlonde

Yah, AJ I think our wedding is on the same date =p, but we've not designed or printed the invites.. Just casually asked sone friends to save the dates, and booked my bridesmaids.. Hahahh..

Hi @Winterie, some suggest sending out the invites 2 months before AD, so maybe u can work backwards and print by May?

butterflious

hahaha the banquet!!! I'm 99.99% closed by this particular hotel, cause its' ballroom and services all exceeded my expectations but my BF is more logical. He needs a few more days to decide which hotel he should go for. hahaha @LuvBlonde

Winterie

if you have not send out the e-invites. Wld recommend u do it soon as 1 Jul is a super hot date :) physical invites as be sent later (ie a few months before the AD), but if you can have it ready sooner, that will help to relieve the stress too as there is a lot of manual work to be done when posting the invites out.

Haven send e-invites cos the bf not for that idea. He say rather print the physical cards n hand them out. We going to the card print shop tis weekend to see designs n all. So i was wondering is it too early/late.

I did tell a handfully people of the date. Didn't knw that 1 jul is a hot date lol.

LuvBlonde

Okie, we wait for your confirmation to be a July Bride =p

No worries about being early I guess, good to settle things early. What else have you all settled?

Aj.tan

Haven send e-invites cos the bf not for that idea. He say rather print the physical cards n hand them out. We going to the card print shop tis weekend to see designs n all. So i was wondering is it too early/late.

I did tell a handfully people of the date. Didn't knw that 1 jul is a hot date lol.
1/7/17 of course HOT! I had initially wanted to marry on 7/10/17 but it was a hot date too and many people already "chope" their guests so I decided against it. :p

I wouldn't want to give invites to people who are already confirmed not coming though so an e invite would help :)

phirahh

I just got proposed to, so basically other than the hotel we have confirmed I have nothing else done. LOL.
What else do you need to do? @phirahh

congratulations!

Hmm perhaps your gown/suits, photographers, videographers, solemnisation venue, justice of peace? These are the major pieces and the rest are less time sensitive (e.g theme, venue deco etc.)

July is pretty popular so you might want to check with vendors (if you have particular ones you're intending to get) if they are available asap :)

Aj.tan

congratulations!

Hmm perhaps your gown/suits, photographers, videographers, solemnisation venue, justice of peace? These are the major pieces and the rest are less time sensitive (e.g theme, venue deco etc.)

July is pretty popular so you might want to check with vendors (if you have particular ones you're intending to get) if they are available asap :)
Thought July was a down period for weddings!
Anyway I'm also wondering what there is to do cause I haven't been doing anything for a long while. :)

butterflious

@phirahh
@Aj.tan
I thought July is a down period too! haha. im sourcing for pre-wedding and AD Photography and videography, gowns, suits and pre-wedding photography now. it also seems like this is the trickest part!
My bff went for MTM before and was a disaster.

dorvino

@phirahh
@Aj.tan
I thought July is a down period too! haha. im sourcing for pre-wedding and AD Photography and videography, gowns, suits and pre-wedding photography now. it also seems like this is the trickest part!

Hey butterflious, i went for MTM too and also totally disastrous. Not only gowns look bad, the shop took our money and failed time after time to deliver after several commitment. Then also refused to return our money paid for Actual day items which are not used like makeup, bridal bouquet etc.

So now i will tell people go to see off the racks . U get what u see, no surprises. And go to a reputable bridal shop so its not so shady.

As for pre-wedding photography, u have to note how fast they can do edit and develop the photos, as well as make it into the album. if u intend to showcase the album during your wedding, the album has to be delivered to you before Jul. So i guess this is something you have to work back on now :)

Aj.tan

Hey butterflious, i went for MTM too and also totally disastrous. Not only gowns look bad, the shop took our money and failed time after time to deliver after several commitment. Then also refused to return our money paid for Actual day items which are not used like makeup, bridal bouquet etc.

So now i will tell people go to see off the racks . U get what u see, no surprises. And go to a reputable bridal shop so its not so shady.

As for pre-wedding photography, u have to note how fast they can do edit and develop the photos, as well as make it into the album. if u intend to showcase the album during your wedding, the album has to be delivered to you before Jul. So i guess this is something you have to work back on now :)

Seems like MTM isn't that good afterall... I considered that but was thinking what am I going to do with the gown after the wedding then decided against it :p

I did all my shoots in November so that I can have photos by February for Save the Date! Physical album will come closer to April though.

dorvino

Seems like MTM isn't that good afterall... I considered that but was thinking what am I going to do with the gown after the wedding then decided against it.

I did all my shoots in November so that I can have photos by February for Save the Date! Physical album will come closer to April though.

There is MTM rental where you return the gowns after use but MTM is still a huge risk. We thought we did our homework by googling for reviews. but there was hardly any review on the shop. after i posted my bad review then other brides came out with their disastrous stories geez.. so really juz bad luck.

Good that you have done your shoot! My actual day is in May 2017 and I've also done my shoot. So 1 item down now :)

butterflious

As for pre-wedding photography, u have to note how fast they can do edit and develop the photos, as well as make it into the album. if u intend to showcase the album during your
wedding, the album has to be delivered to you before Jul. So i guess this is something you have to work back on now :)

Oh my! sorry to hear about it. and thanks for advising on the other BTBs!
Ever since what I witnessed for my BFF on her MTM, I believe I'd most likely go for ready gowns. might be risky for MTM.

Usually how long will a BS take to deliver our pre-wedding shoot photographs and albums?
I wish to slim down much more before going for the shoot.

dorvino

Oh my! sorry to hear about it. and thanks for advising on the other BTBs!
Ever since what I witnessed for my BFF on her MTM, I believe I'd most likely go for ready gowns. might be risky for MTM.

Usually how long will a BS take to deliver our pre-wedding shoot photographs and albums?
I wish to slim down much more before going for the shoot.

Heh i dont know about bridal shops.. cuz i went to ala carte photographer. i came back in mid Sep, and now we have just finished with photoshopping the photos we have selected. so its been 2 months . next will be doing the layout and then finally printing . .

butterflious

Heh i dont know about bridal shops.. cuz i went to ala carte photographer. i came back in mid Sep, and now we have just finished with photoshopping the photos we have selected. so its been 2 months . next will be doing the layout and then finally printing . .

Oh wow. Seems like I really have to start real soon! 7 months suddenly don't seem to be enough :confused:

phirahh

There is MTM rental where you return the gowns after use but MTM is still a huge risk. We thought we did our homework by googling for reviews. but there was hardly any review on the shop. after i posted my bad review then other brides came out with their disastrous stories geez.. so really juz bad luck.

Good that you have done your shoot! My actual day is in May 2017 and I've also done my shoot. So 1 item down now :)

I'm only shooting in February and now I feel that it's too late haha

phirahh

@phirahh
@Aj.tan

I think as with all vendors, it depends on which one you choose? I've got girlfriends with extremely gorgeous MTM gowns and they do not regret one bit.

I just chose off the rack because it was cheaper :) weigh your options.

Aj.tan

My Taiwan shoot came back to me really soon. Edits within 1 month and they are printing now! ETA is early January. So it can be done in 2 months :)

divinity

Hello fellow July 2017 BTBs :) I think I'm pretty much done with majority of the wedding stuff (wedding banquet, bridal studio, AD PG and VG) . Just left with small things like booking a MUA for my mum, sister, and MIL and SIL. Oh, and finding a JP!

My mum was also thinking of where to get nice dresses for herself...... eurgh, that's like one of my headaches haha.. was reading some of the posts, and I think I'll ask my mum to go to Tangs. Actually i told her to go find something comfortable and something that she'll rewear again and again after the banquet!

Oh yes, is it normal that my wedding banquet coordinator hasn't contacted me yet :/ Dec's probably one of the busiest times for them, so I think from now to July, there should still be more than enough time right!

Carman

Hi all, my name is Carman and my AD is also Jul 2017,I just saw your post that you are looking for wedding gown, actually I just confirmed my gown at this new wedding boutique and I found their style , services & price is excellent so just want to share with you. Also they are now doing special promotion of 50% discount for all items. Please PM if you want, hope it would help!:)

Last edited:

phirahh

Hello fellow July 2017 BTBs :) I think I'm pretty much done with majority of the wedding stuff (wedding banquet, bridal studio, AD PG and VG) . Just left with small things like booking a MUA for my mum, sister, and MIL and SIL. Oh, and finding a JP!

My mum was also thinking of where to get nice dresses for herself...... eurgh, that's like one of my headaches haha.. was reading some of the posts, and I think I'll ask my mum to go to Tangs. Actually i told her to go find something comfortable and something that she'll rewear again and again after the banquet!

Oh yes, is it normal that my wedding banquet coordinator hasn't contacted me yet :/ Dec's probably one of the busiest times for them, so I think from now to July, there should still be more than enough time right!

Haha mine hasn't contacted me too. I think it's quite normal? Not sure when we need to settle everything by though. I haven't got my mum her dress too TT_TT

Aj.tan

Haha mine hasn't contacted me too. I think it's quite normal? Not sure when we need to settle everything by though. I haven't got my mum her dress too TT_TT

My coord said only 3 - 4 months before the wedding? Don't think they will contact us so early... Now it's about 7-8 months... Should be normal :)

butterflious

I've pretty much done the majority stuff too!

Banquet, pre-wedding BS, AD gowns. just waiting to finalise our AD videographer. we have also managed to secure a popular JP! ::)
Just shopping around the items for 过大礼 and 回礼。

My coordinator told us that 4 months before the wedding day he will contact us. if we do need customisation on top of what he will be doing for us, we can approach him to let him know we would like to start earlier. Else, 3-4 months shld be enough to plan.

Hths! :)

Winterie

I jus called to book an appt with my BS in Jan cos they advised when i sign the pkg mid tis yr to book a jan appt.

phirahh

Is anyone having a church ceremony? Would you guys be catering food? I'm not sure when to secure the caterers :/

egggshell

Is anyone having a church ceremony? Would you guys be catering food? I'm not sure when to secure the caterers :/
I'm having a church ceremony too, but will not be catering food at the church as I didn't secure the booking for the foyer space. Will be catering food at home though! I haven't made any bookings for the caterers, but shall look into that maybe next year in Jan/Feb? I think that's very much in advance, no? :p

akane81

Hi fellow July BTB! So far I've only booked the banquet venue, and I'm going for my overseas photoshoot in 10 days' time since they need about 6mths to send over the album and stuff. With that done, I just need to source for AD wedding gown and photographer I think.

Saw that butterflious already booked a JP? When do we start sourcing for one? Think some of them only take bookings 3 mths ahead?