July 2017

phirahh

I'm having a church ceremony too, but will not be catering food at the church as I didn't secure the booking for the foyer space. Will be catering food at home though! I haven't made any bookings for the caterers, but shall look into that maybe next year in Jan/Feb? I think that's very much in advance, no? :p

That is quite cozy :) haha yea but I read somewhere we should secure the caterers 6-8 months before so I got a bit worried hahahahahah

akane81

Hi fellow July BTB! So far I've only booked the banquet venue, and I'm going for my overseas photoshoot in 10 days' time since they need about 6mths to send over the album and stuff. With that done, I just need to source for AD wedding gown and photographer I think.

Saw that butterflious already booked a JP? When do we start sourcing for one? Think some of them only take bookings 3 mths ahead?

To answer my own question, I pm Mr William Cheong (seems like a popular choice for JP in this forum) and he accepted my booking! So its not true that we can only source for JP 3 mths in advance (although some JPs dont take booking too early). Glad that its one thing off my mind! :)

egggshell

That is quite cozy :) haha yea but I read somewhere we should secure the caterers 6-8 months before so I got a bit worried hahahahahah
Oh really! 6-8 months!! Hahaha I don't think we've even secured caterers for CNY (which we do yearly for gatherings at my grands)! Ok as Aj.tan suggests, perhaps sometime in Jan we should get these done. It feels like there should be a lot of things to check off the list in the coming few months...

phirahh

Oh really! 6-8 months!! Hahaha I don't think we've even secured caterers for CNY (which we do yearly for gatherings at my grands)! Ok as Aj.tan suggests, perhaps sometime in Jan we should get these done. It feels like there should be a lot of things to check off the list in the coming few months...

Tell me about it!! Hahah yes indeed!! We can slowly check off the to-do lists ^^

Aj.tan

Tell me about it!! Hahah yes indeed!! We can slowly check off the to-do lists ^^
I wasn't sure about booking them so early too but I asked around my peers who had church weddings too, they all told me sometimes if your date is popular or you just suay the caterer you want has too many jobs on that day, they will not take your order... So better secure them before other people do :)

I'm using a checklist to see what I need to do! At this point of time, the recommended checklist says to start designing and wording your invites. I thought it was a little too early but since I'm buying from Taobao I might as well do it now. :p my church invites turned out nice so decided to print my banquet one from there too :)

egggshell

I wasn't sure about booking them so early too but I asked around my peers who had church weddings too, they all told me sometimes if your date is popular or you just suay the caterer you want has too many jobs on that day, they will not take your order... So better secure them before other people do :)

I'm using a checklist to see what I need to do! At this point of time, the recommended checklist says to start designing and wording your invites. I thought it was a little too early but since I'm buying from Taobao I might as well do it now. :p my church invites turned out nice so decided to print my banquet one from there too :)
Hello Aj.tan! :) Are you printing the cards from taobao, or the inserts? I'm thinking of sending out an e-invite to friends first and only giving the hardcopy invite when they indicate that they will be joining us.

Aj.tan

Hello Aj.tan! :) Are you printing the cards from taobao, or the inserts? I'm thinking of sending out an e-invite to friends first and only giving the hardcopy invite when they indicate that they will be joining us.
I printed the cards for church wedding. Should be the same for my banquet cause they are only providing v few copies.

phirahh

Ahhh now I feel like I need to chope my caterer too! Haha shall start sending emails.

For your church wedding invites, will you be writing the names of your invitees? Just asking around because I'm not sure what's the standard for church weddings.

Aj.tan

Ahhh now I feel like I need to chope my caterer too! Haha shall start sending emails.

For your church wedding invites, will you be writing the names of your invitees? Just asking around because I'm not sure what's the standard for church weddings.
What do you mean by writing the names?
I printed "Dear ________" for me to fill in the names :)
I took reference from other church members' wedding cards :)

butterflious

Hi ladies, have you all discussed decorations details with your venue coordinator yet?
I might want to get my decorations stuff on TaoBao so wondering is it too early to discuss now? ;)

divinity

Omgosh I was talking to my girlfriends earlier today on wedding planning! We're almost into 2017 already
Hi ladies, have you all discussed decorations details with your venue coordinator yet?
I might want to get my decorations stuff on TaoBao so wondering is it too early to discuss now? ;)

Heh, I've been looking at wedding flower inspiration photos already! I wonder if the hotel has their own in-house florists who will be able to help with what we want?

LuvBlonde

Hello, I think you can check with your hotel if they have recommended florists. I think they might be stricter if you want to engage in your own florist (at least that's what we were told).
Anyway so I contacted the hotel's recommended florist and she is like so chill she assures me the decorations can be done even in a week or two before the actual day.. She still ask me go settle the other wedding things first.. So I said OK lor, I contact her later..

phirahh

Haha I haven't at allllll. But I do intend to get from taobao too!!

I'm just settling the other items first, because I'm assuming the hotel coordinators are swamped during this peak wedding period.

Aj.tan

Maybe can start asking friends to save the date now :) start prep for wedding invites and generally take a look at what props you want to buy from Taobao!
I have just settled my wedding car and transport for helpers :)

phirahh

Hi phirahh.. Wedding coordinator can assist on wedding day. Thanks

Your hotel or venue should have a wedding coordinator assigned, unless you're looking to hire planners who double up as that too? A friend used wedrocks weddings, perhaps you can check them out.

akane81

To answer my own question, I pm Mr William Cheong (seems like a popular choice for JP in this forum) and he accepted my booking! So its not true that we can only source for JP 3 mths in advance (although some JPs dont take booking too early). Glad that its one thing off my mind! :)

Hi girls, greeting for Seoul! So happy that my pre wedding done yesterday! Even though we were busy the whole day (7am-8pm) was such a memorable experience and we enjoyed ourselves so much that we were sad when it ended lolz..

LuvBlonde

Hi @akane81, glad that u are having fun!
I think it's important that all of us enjoy this process (though it might be stressful for some)

Anyway, do you all do a site visit for the locations which you will take the PWS in Singapore?

Klam

I think it's important that all of us enjoy this process (though it might be stressful for some)

Anyway, do you all do a site visit for the locations which you will take the PWS in Singapore?

Hello! I am planning to do the PWS in Feb 2017 and will be doing site visit for potential places for the photoshoot. Was thinking that it's better to know where might have backgrounds with the kind of feel we're looking for... Also, if the photoshoot is for the whole day, probably the afternoon part has to be indoors (or we'll melt under the hot weather!!).

Any locations in mind yet?

Aj.tan

I didn't do a site visit for my local shoot. Maybe I should have ahahaha there was construction going on at the place I went.

LuvBlonde

We are thinking of MBS, marina barrage those places? More city view because we have another more "nature" one in JB.
Yah, so I was wondering if need to check out the site cuz I thought maybe some PG have more experience and they would know more than us.. Nonetheless I think no harm to go see see look look

sw_n

Hi, I'm July BTB too and also new too! Could I check which bridal studio you booked for pre wed shoot?
Mine at 2nd July

akane81

Oh anyone getting married on 29th July like me? According to Master Tong in the other thread, it is a leap month (repeat of the lunar 6th mth) starting from 23rd July 2017 so traditionally people do not get married during the leap month.

Hmm.. nevertheless I guess I'll still go ahead as my fiance is a non-Chinese and my parents plus myself not the pantang kind.

Klam

Hi, I'm July BTB too and also new too! Could I check which bridal studio you booked for pre wed shoot?
Mine at 2nd July

Hi! I am getting my gowns from BQueens. Decided to do ala carte instead of having an all-in package with one bridal studio so that we can pick and choose what we like for gowns, photography/video and make-up.

Bqueens have associated photographers and MUA too. So far their service has been v good and they got nice selection of gowns as well. Reasonable price too. Great experience so far!

leo_baby

hello! i'm a Jul bride too! 15 Jul to be exact..

How's prep so far? We'll be holding ours in Penang (Fiance's a Penangnite)

Last edited:

akane81

Hi! I am getting my gowns from BQueens. Decided to do ala carte instead of having an all-in package with one bridal studio so that we can pick and choose what we like for gowns, photography/video and make-up.

Bqueens have associated photographers and MUA too. So far their service has been v good and they got nice selection of gowns as well. Reasonable price too. Great experience so far!

I'm also doing ala carte as I already had my pre-wedding shoot overseas. Will check out BQueens, thanks!

eatzz7

Hi fellow July 2017 BTB how's the preparation coming along?

Is there any whatsapp group chat for July 2017 Brides? And does anyone has wedding checklist? im getting from chillax to nervous, not sure what else did i missed out so if anyone has wedding checklist, can you send me? Thank you

maobean

Oh anyone getting married on 29th July like me? According to Master Tong in the other thread, it is a leap month (repeat of the lunar 6th mth) starting from 23rd July 2017 so traditionally people do not get married during the leap month.

Hmm.. nevertheless I guess I'll still go ahead as my fiance is a non-Chinese and my parents plus myself not the pantang kind.

i'm getting married 22 july. its flat out inauspicious for weddings (just google it hahaha its 大暑hottest day of the year) but the bright side is that all the vendors i've ever asked a quote from is still available on that day :D only have venue, AD PG and VG fixed. i'm just taking my own sweet time with wedding prep and decision making, dont even have a final guest list yet *chillax

enrainz

@divinity
Hi everyone, hope you fellow July BTBs have booked your solemnisers! :)
I have just contacted my pre-wedding workshop to help source for a solemniser as they said they will be able to provide when we signed up for the workshop. Their response a little bit slow... So I am abit gan cheong now myself and wondered if I should email some references myself in case they are not able to get for me....

Aj.tan

@divinity

I have just contacted my pre-wedding workshop to help source for a solemniser as they said they will be able to provide when we signed up for the workshop. Their response a little bit slow... So I am abit gan cheong now myself and wondered if I should email some references myself in case they are not able to get for me....

First time hearing that someone else can help source for a JP... that's quite nice of them!

divinity

@enrainz
have they came back to you on helping you find a solemniser? and yes, so nice of them!

haha, hotels should have a list of "affiliated" solemnisers to help out brides to be!

Aj.tan

Hi fellow July 2017 BTB how's the preparation coming along?

Is there any whatsapp group chat for July 2017 Brides? And does anyone has wedding checklist? im getting from chillax to nervous, not sure what else did i missed out so if anyone has wedding checklist, can you send me? Thank you
Hello

Don't think there is a group chat :p but if you need checklist you can PM me your email!

sw_n

Dear all, 1 more month to go. How's everything? Just chose my pre-wed photos from Zwedding.

Kinda afraid they will hard sell their photos, luckily they didn't do so. Thumbs up for them.

Aj.tan

Dear all, 1 more month to go. How's everything? Just chose my pre-wed photos from Zwedding.

Kinda afraid they will hard sell their photos, luckily they didn't do so. Thumbs up for them.

Hi! I have about 2 months since I'm an end July bride~ just chilling and let things run on its own!

These days not many local bridal shops will hard sell any more I think~ I went to Taiwan for my shoot they also didn't hard sell.

Yue-En

Hello everyone! It's one month to our wedding! And I'm a 1st of July GTB hee hee! I can't believe that I've never thought of checking out this forum! But the stress of the final bit of prep is getting to me... :/ the guest list is never done!! :(( Jia you to everyone!

Aj.tan

Hello everyone! It's one month to our wedding! And I'm a 1st of July GTB hee hee! I can't believe that I've never thought of checking out this forum! But the stress of the final bit of prep is getting to me... :/ the guest list is never done!! :(( Jia you to everyone!

Thankfully my guest list is almost there! You're less than a month to the big day! Jiayou