JP - Dr Phua Tan Tee

marcia

Hi Michelle, you have to contact Dr Phua as soon as you can because your date is really nearing. He's very popular among brides. Pray that he's able to make it for your rom. Have fun ;)

otakukin

i had my ROM with him at botanical garden last Aug. i think Dr Tan is very humurous and very sincere. BTB who having him as JP will not get regret. in fact, my mother-in law topped up more for angbao to him after that the ceremony. thumbs up.

marcia

Azaleas: Dr Phua email is [email protected]
normally he will get back to you within 2 days ; )

oo Hi Michelle, just have to remind him few days in advance will do.. ; ) mine slightly earlier than you. 14 May hehee getting nervous when it's nearing..

marcia

Azaleas: haha yeahh abit too early to contact him now. He might ask u to get back to him maybe in July or so ; )

marcia

Ooo.. Hee normally I will just wait for a few days. Kidda nervous for that few little days.. I know how you feel.. Haha good luck ! ; )

edaza

LOL. Ive been waiting for a week already. i just called him but no answer, dunno if he's out of town or what. getting abit gan cheong as the other JPs Ive asked are all out of sg during my ROM date.
sad.gif

And its so hard to find one nice JP nowadays! Read so many threads and most of them are complaining abt the JPs!

marcia

Hahaa so had he got back to you?
I've been to wedding solemnize by Dr Phua.
He was really good.. Very humorous. All went well ! ; )

mokben

Hi, I'm new here. My rom is on 10 nov, have just emailed Dr Phua too. Still waiting for his reply. Hope he is available. Btw, anyone know a good & cheap florist..need 1 to decorate my venue.

michecwy

cys, just to double conirm, the consent form he mailed to us, we need to sign den bring along when collecting cert rite?

The witness need to go also? when collecting the cert

smilem

Hi Michelle

The consent form tat he sent to you, u ve to bring along to the ROM there to show the counter ger.

smilem

azaleas (edaza)
Rest assure of JP Dr Phua. He is nice and friendly and m very blessed tat i got him as my JP.

He humourous and he done all the talking.. to make us feel comfort and easy.. most impt he explained the meaning of MARRIAGE

marcia

Hi Michelle.. Yeahh bring along the document with you when u collect your cert.. You have to file for registration at rom website abt 2 months plus before your rom. The date will show at the website.. With that they will give you a date for collection of cert..

Think you just have to bring the witnesses IC and both of your IC and Both of you got to be present that's all ; )

smilem

HI chocolatebasket = dun mentioned.. so u decided to get him?

actuali during the solemization, his signature sentence very touching.. n i almost cry out especially when he uses words as hold hands tight tight till old...

and he mentioned about the parents.. we muz appreciate our parents.. also make me wana to cry out liao.

chocolatebasket

smilem - i dun really know the other JPs around. And i think he's rather popular such that i think my fren, cousin and colleague engaged him - but i didn't attend.

So i'm kind of looking for his solemnization video.

hee. nice to know that even though he's done prob a million solemnizations he's still so xixin to each and every one.
happy.gif

preciousgal

sorry i am new to here. May i know how much normally dr phua charge? or is a fixed rate? will be having rom at my hotel together with my actual day..

sereneyzy

Hi All,

I am new here and is looking for a good JP. From the threads, look like Dr Phua is very good.

Don't know if he will be available for my wedding..

Btw, does he speak both languages?

michecwy

Hi all, for photo of Dr Phua, you all can simply search online. Quite afew of his photo posted on google actually... I have searched and sent to my JM as she is to pass Dr Phua the docs for solemnnisation. =D

smilem

Hi Serene

I emailed u the pic of Dr Phua..

Yes, he speaks english, mandarin and even Hokkien. He even shout HUAT HAR.. during my solemization.. haaha..

smilem

Joanna (preciousgal)

There is no fix rate for JP.. But Market = $88 to $188 as their transportation and time.

I also ve my solemization together wif my dinner together :D

animelover

$28 is just a guide given in ROM website. You can give more and I think $28 is a little low for transport and time if you expect the solemniser to come all the way. Esp. if s/he has to travel from one end to another or drive into Sentosa.

michecwy

Had my wedding on e 22nd May, Dr Phua's present himself really good! He asked us wad languge we prefer, we mentioned mixed. He is so humourous in his speech. And i even teared after the solemnisation. It's so touching. Not because i am married that I teared, but because of what he said about our parents.
sad.gif

We gave him a token of $46. As he drives, i think it should be ok ba.. and ofcuz we gave him a complimentry car park tix. He is very puntual and fatherly too! I find some of his hand sign v cute! haha..

acorna26

hello all, do u think emailing dr phua now, requesting him to be my JP, for 2nd dec this yr... izzit too early?

for those who have had Dr phua as ur JP, may i know when did u start "booking" him? thanks in adv!

edaza

Hey nana, I tried to book him for my solemnization on 9 dec in march, but he said it was too early for him to confirm as he might have work commitments in dec. He suggested me to go find other jps, and if really can't then get back to him in July.

I think if u wanna get him, now shud be the best time ba. Good luck!
happy.gif

acorna26

hey azaleas, i have emailed him and he gave me the exact same reason too! "too early to confirm as he may have work commitments in dec, suggest i find other JPs, and if really cant, get back to him in jul/aug"
so are you gonna look for back up JPs? or just wait till Jul and ask him again>?

acorna26

hey eva thanks for ur reply. wow.. u book him one yr in advance! but i think these days many JPs would insist tt we only book them 3 mth in adv?

evanthlyn

nana: yah luckily he allowed. Now many of them only allow a few months in advance. Maybe you can email him when enaring your date then KIV a few others just in case

edaza

Hi nana, I went ahead to look for another JP, cause I dun want to be in a situation where I cant find a JP at the last min if he tells me he cant make it.

Are you going to wait for him?