JP - Dr Phua Tan Tee

beltavios

Hi went to consult a master for selection of date, heard that next yr marriage is not gd year 4 Rooster. anyone who is rooster getting married nx yr?

tosamtan

Dr Phua has sent me the consent form. Can someone advise me when should I do the e-Registration on the ROM website? Thank you

confusenism

i managed to get dr phua for next november..

was very nervous when we emailed him as its considered a popular date. luckily he can make it!

shirl82

Samantha: you can do the e-filing within 3 months before ur rom date. If i'm not wrong, u need to e-file at least 21 days before ur rom date. U can check out the details on the rom website. Hope this info will help u.
happy.gif

shirl82

Ch Chua (beltavios): My bf also born in the year of rooster. I thought this year is not good for rooster only .. i getting rom in dec 2010, actual day should be next year too .. but not yet get the date.

shanney

hi ppl, anyone emailed Dr. Phua recently and got a reply?

i emailed him on Sunday but no reply and i email him again yesterday asking if he received my mail previously.

thought he reply emails quite promptly. hope he can make it for my ROM.

confusenism

YJZL

i emailed him on wednesday he replied on friday nite asking for more details den on monday to cmf and told me he send out consent form

crypaz

I email Dr Phua, thought it might be still too early as my solemnisation is end Oct and that i might be too Kiasu...wanted 11.00am but he could only make it 10.30am or 12.30am...guess he got another solemnisation to do...so i change my timing to 10.30am...seems like he's really popular....but glad that i managed to get him as my solemnizer.

pqpq

Hi Confused, when's ur ROM date? Mine is on 12 Nov 2011. Thought it'll be too early to start inviting JPs but after seeing your post, I immed emailed him! Hope he's free... *fingers crossed*

ppl_pay

Dear btb-s.. I've just had my solemnization last nite n I would say it really went very well. And of coz my JP is Dr Phua!

I emailed him exactly 3 mths beforehand n got his reply within the same day. But due to sch reopen, I had to delay the solemnization from 630 to 7pm. N he was agreeable to it taking into consideration tt it is our special day.

On the day itself, he reached 10-15min before 7 n was patiently waiting for others to arrive though he did specify that he is gg to start at 7 sharp. We started slightly after 7pm n he was all the while trying to calm us down as we were both very ganjiong..

As our parents prefers to hold the ceremony in mandarin, and we had non Chinese friends there.. He made a point to bring our non Chinese friends into the picture by explaining to them abt the whole ceremony.. And he really did a nice one with all the talking.. He's not like some JP who is those "get over n done with" kind.. He really made the effort to explain n talked to us abt marriage.

Mi n hubby r so glad that we managed to have Dr Phua as our JP and I'm sure he'll also do a great one in your solemnization. Hope u gals can get him in time!!! ;) rem to book him early as he's very popular!!!

pqpq

I've contacted Dr Phua but he's booked for 12th nov. haiz... need to find alternative now. Book early gals if you wish to invite him!

mysticfayyy

Dear all,
Is it true that Dr Phua only has contacts for his office and tel no.? I sent an email to him 3 days ago and no reply.. called his tel/office also no one ans.. I guess he very busy.
sad.gif

Anyone know if he can be contacted by hp? Thanks!

vennice

Serene> Yes, Dr Phua does his contacts by email and office tel. He replies promptly so no worries. He does not carry any hp/ either he do not give away his hp number. Did you send him a reminder email again? It is advisable to book him early as he is very very popular! He was my JP for Solemnisation on my ROM day, no regrets!

moshiihalo

i got him for mine as well. I booked him exactly 3 months before. As we are flexible on our timing, so i guessed it easier to book him for the day. Hope everything will go well for the day
happy.gif

hi.. my rom in dec, but i too kiasu la.. i emailed dr phua yesterday, he say dec is still too far away, can't ans yet.. asked me to contact him again in july if i can't find any other jp by then..

estella_23

hi all, i have also contact Dr Phua for my ROM on Nov. He mentioned to me that Nov is still too far and we can contact him again in Jul if we have yet to find a JP
sad.gif

dellise

Hi everyone

Just had my ROM on Sat in front of all my banquet guests..Dr Phua was really hilarious at the beginning as he was trying to set the mood right...he gave us the option to do either English, Mandarin or mixed. We chose mix and he did not only in English & Mandarin but also in Cantonese. However he's really kind of long-winded towards the middle (although I had informed him to keep it within 15 mins and he said ok since he had a meeting thereafter) but nevertheless a really nice man. The solemnisation went on smoothly and no regrets having him as our Solemniser
happy.gif

All the best to all in your wedding preparations!

blackcat

Dr Phua is also our JP! We're holding our ROM soon and looking forward to meeting him. He's always very prompt in replying emails and calls, and sounds very fatherly on the phone. Kept telling me don't be nervous :D

blurfaerie

Hi Ee (crypaz) & Min (bibao)
mine is also in Oct but he told my bf to wait till July
sad.gif

Now we're at a loss if we should wait till July and try our luck. would it be convenient to let me know when are your dates? =)
if it's a clash then at least we can straight away go look for other JPs. Much appreciated!

estella_23

Hi blurfaerie,

Dr. Phua told us to wait until July as well (but our is in Nov). wanted to invite him as he solemnizate our friends too, but we do not want to risk it as our date is popular as well, hence we have start lookin for other JP at this moment.

crypaz

Hi blurfaerie mine is different date from yours (as per what was shown on your profile)

We book him in during Dec 2010 for Oct 2011 and he was ok with the date....

dun frown...all btb...its all abt personal preference or he's able to oblige...Ee could be rite too...he could have plans on tht day? U wldnt want a solemnizer who last min call and said they cant make it rite? Moreover to them, it could be juz part time work. So if u cant find the most rave 1...move on n look for others in forums. I believe there r many out there who are gd too...cheers!

shirley85

He mentioned that due to his work commitment therefore unable to advice his availability at this moment
sad.gif

Any recommend of JP that is humorous?

angjanice

That's too bad, Shirley. I think you can try Mr Peter Lee Keok Boon. His contact number is 9 7 9 1 0 5 9 8. My cinematographer recommended him to me and he seems really nice from the videos I've watched.
happy.gif
I think he is still working for ministry of health at the moment.