J&C Bridal Collections

apple

hi jelutong.. wat time is ur appt with J&C next mon, 17 mar? i'm going too! after my work! i hope to get a OTR EG.
happy.gif

hi wenn.. u seems to be getting ur shoes like a breeze & quite a catch. Lucky u!

yup. got used to the long distance oredi.
happy.gif

wenn

hi jelutong,,
heh heh, for me it is my guy who initially objected to me wearing bare-backed gowns
biggrin.gif

hi apple,,
i'm the type that sees something that i like, & it fits, i'll buy
happy.gif

u oso looking for OTR EG? u can ask cynthia about that
biggrin.gif

jelutong

Hi Apple,

I'll go over to J&C during lunch time.. Hee hee. a bit ambitous. Not sure if I can complete my mission within 2 hours. The first time I went, we stayed there from 7pm to 10pm..
happy.gif

Wah, wenn, it's your man who raise the red flag ah? ha ha ... my man doesn't mind in fact.. :p He said it's a once a life time opportunity. So in other words, his message is "you can only reveal on your wedding day!!"

apple

helo wenn.. yup. i hv the intention to get a OTR EG too.. provided i can find it, else hv to MTM. which is y i'm going down next mon.
happy.gif

Girls.. any suggestions of where we can get our wedding shoes? I was thinking of getting one pair that wld be suitable for both the WG & EG. I hv tried Tangs & Taka.

wenn

Apple, I bought my actual day pair from Studio Tangs. It is silver with 2 straps of crystals. Going to use it with WG & EG. The other pair will function as a spare. Heh heh, have to go for pedicure b4 wedding liao. The good thing is can still wear after wedding as silver shoes are easier to match as compared to white shoes.
biggrin.gif

Jelutong, I was there on monday. Only Cynthia & another lady was around. I assume that she is the seamstress as Cynthia got her to check on the areas to pin up b4 alterations. Cynthia was busy with phone calls. Heng heng no walk-in customers. I was there at 1.30pm & finished around 4.20pm. A gal came in with her mum and sis around 3.50pm. But they looked at the albums 1st lor.
happy.gif

apple

hmm wenn.. urs sounds dainty & elegant. Like u, i hope i still can wear it after the wedding. Yup. if its open toes, better get a pedicure.
biggrin.gif
heard tat pinc / daisy nail cottage is gd.

wenn

apple, me quite chor lor one...kekeke, the shoes are too dainty for me
biggrin.gif

i slouch too... now have to lose more weight cos most of the gowns I've tried, I can't zip up!!!
embarrassed.gif

where's pinc or daisy nail cottage? how much they charge?
wink.gif

apple

i think those gowns u hv selected to try must be veri slim fitted! keke.. anyway, the issue may not lie with u. i noted tat some of their EG cutting r so slim & they looked so gd on the model. i felt frumpy when i tried one.
sad.gif

Pinc & Daisy nail cottage r located at Orchard Emerald (basement is Burger King). Level 3 i think. My GF went there for her manicure & pedicure b4 her wedding. I'm not sure abt the one-time charges. But i do now they hv packages of 6 treatments. Can check bridal mag for the add.

Hollywood Secrets is rather popular too. They hv eyebrow shaping too!

wenn

thanks apple dear
happy.gif

will try them out one of these dayz...

i dun think that u r frumpy... i think both of us just need to tone up abit.. Cynthia said that her size ranges from S-M & M-L.. some of her gowns are for those tall & slim gals... which i'm not
embarrassed.gif

apple

hi hi wenn.. keke.. yesterday, i hv changed my gown to a bustier one.
happy.gif

did a comparison. according to my FH, the former one which i hv selected is nice but made me looked rather old. while the bustier make me looked younger.. hence bingo. another common bustier gown bride keke.. most imptly, my FH approves of it.
embarrassed.gif

I will only choose my EG next month, together with the first fitting. hey wenn, when is ur trial make up?

i was advised to get my shoes b4 the first fitting. *sign* gotta go & spend more munny tis wkend!!

wenn

hi apple!

how does ur bustier gown look like? from the new collection?

the previous 1 i chose had to tie up the back... there are beadings in the front & the skirt is big with 1.5m train...
happy.gif

bustier gowns suit us better... glad that ur FH likes it
biggrin.gif

my trial makeup will be on my 1st fitting on 22 may... PS is tentatively on 7 july
happy.gif
when is urs?

wat shoe designs are u looking for?
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi wenn,

was just reading your postings and read that cynthia has sold my EG?
personally, i love my EG alot too.
was contemplating whether to buy it or not when i return it the day after my wedding.
but decides against it as its of no use as can't really wear it to any dinners. :p

hi jelutong,

if i'm not wrong, the lace is french lace.
you can check with cynthia on that.
that is the design she proposed for me.
happy.gif

jelutong

Hi girls,

Went to J&C on Monday. Saw this beautiful bustier full laced WG. So sweet! Heard it's for the fashion show and someone spotted it over the weekend and already booked it. Sigh! one step too late.

Wenn, your trial is on 22nd May? Mine will be 21st May, on my ROM day. :p Do you know if they trim your eyebrows?

Thanks Yi. I asked Cynthia about lace EG and she said they don't carry a lot of such OTR but only MTM..
sad.gif

wenn

Hi Yi!
Your EG looked really beautiful, so i wanted to see it with my own eyez
happy.gif
Oso haven't decided whether to buy my EG or not, although my guy said that it is ok... see how,,, whether i got $$ then or not
biggrin.gif

Hi Jelutong!
Bustier full-laced WG? Dun think I've seen it, maybe it had not arrived when i was there
uhoh.gif

My ROM will be on 10 june. Won't be using my trial makeup for ROM. Prefer to have it with my fittings
happy.gif
Not sure if they will trim the eyebrowz. May be can ask them? Will be getting my mum to trim for me cos my eyebrowz, one up one down... not even
sad.gif

u going for the fashion show?

wenn

Tok about gowns to choose, Cynthia 1st brought out a bustier off-white duchess satin WG with short train for me to try. There is shiny white embroidery along the bustline & the hems of the skirt. It is really beautiful & my mum & sis liked it very much.

Cynthia was quite keen for me to try it but I kept telling her NO, cos it resembled my fren's wife's WG. (Hope that i din offend her) If my fren's wife din wore this design during their dec 02 wedding, I would have chosen this gown as it is simple & elegant. I dun want my fren to say that i'm a copycat
lame.gif

Then she brought the other gowns for me to try cos I told her that I wanted something different lor...

apple

hi Wenn.. i tink my gown shld be fr the new collection. The gown is at the veri preliminary stage. It's not white. Ivory i tink. Does not hv a long train. When trying, there was minimal flower embroidery pinned alongside on the top bustline only. Tat's all. Cyn will put more flower embroidery on the bodice. Will tell u more after my first fitting.
happy.gif

hey jelutong.. saw that bustier full laced WG on the mannequin too. Yup! veri nice.
No wenn.. i din bump onto jelutong
sad.gif

dear ladies.. wat a coincidence.. my PS is on 21 May. jelutong, will the make-up artist go to ur hse to do ur trial make up or will be done at J&C? If at J&C, perhaps i'll get to meet u then!
happy.gif

I'm tinking of going to the show. How abt u girls?
biggrin.gif

hmm wenn.. cyn did not show me the bustier off-white duchess satin
sad.gif

i hv no idea wat shoes design i wan. Maybe those tat will cover the toes only (coz i hv ugly toes)
biggrin.gif
Was hoping to get one in either beige or silver. This lady at J&C said silver wld be the safest.
happy.gif

wenn

hi apple,
i think i'm very ji-zha 2day, posted a lot...
lame.gif

i just wanna go to the show to kpo,,, but have to pay leh
uhoh.gif

i saw a pair of normal closed-toe off-white sandles at Charles & Keith, can go with ur gown if u r interested.. i guess most gers are getting silver to match both WG & EG
biggrin.gif

so, when is ur fitting & trial makeup?? how come ur PS so early?? paiseh,,, thot that urs will be in june..
embarrassed.gif

hmm.. bustier full laced WG on the mannequin .... can't remember if i'd seen it b4
sad.gif

apple

hi wenn.. i dun tink r ju-zha. excited wld be a better description
happy.gif

Tks for the tip. u hv been a great help. will peep into C&K & Studio Tangs.

My first fitting & trial makeup is not fixed yet. Maybe will be on early may. Duno y my PS so early too. Maybe its gd to a lead time of abt 3 months b4 the wedding? In case for any changes? Urs too rite? PS in july & wedding in nov.
happy.gif

jelutong

Hi apple,

I'll be going to J&C for the trial make up since ROM office is not far from her place. Ha ha ha, maybe we will be having the same make up artist since it's your PS day that day.... :p

Wenn, apple and I didn't meet on Monday cos I went during lunch time. apple, you went after work right?

I bot my bridal shoes from OG. It's close toe white heels with silver embroidery. When I put it on during the fitting, I realised that my shoe is whiter than my WG... :p So cham.. maybe I should put the shoes under the sun to make it off-white..
sad.gif

apple

yup jelutong.. high chance tat our make-up artist will be the same.
happy.gif
wat time is ur make-up appt?

yes, was at J&C in the evening. so, did u manage to choose ur EG? Do u intend to get another pair of shoes for ur EG?

wenn

jelutong, i dun think the difference in colour between the WG & shoes will stand out in the photos. wat was cynthia's comments?

wenn

Hi Carey.
J&C currently offers mostly OTR wedding gowns. Her MTM package for both WG & EG starts at 4K but Cynthia will only recommend it to very large or very petite brides.

Most of us here took the new OTR WG & MTM EG package. Why don't u fix an appointment with the designer, Cynthia, to find out more?
happy.gif

wenn

Hi apple,

yup, they are known to make wedding shoes.. in fact, BV offers a pair of custom-made shoes from them... but i dun like their designs.... I prefer riccino. some of the FBO gers custom-made theirs from riccino at orchard point. the other custom-make shoe shops are RAMS & Paradox. Heard that at Holland Village got a shop selling bridal shoes called Waverly Fin
happy.gif

jelutong

Hi Wenn,

Cynthia didn't mention anything about the shoes. She was busy fixing the WG.

I went to Riccino a couple of weeks back but couldn't find a suitable pair of shoes. Rather limited stocks. Or were they in the midst of clearing stock for the new season... not sure..

Yeah apple, I'll be getting another pair of shoes for my EG and ROM. Tinking of a silver one. Went to Lucky plaza the other day and saw quite many shops carry the evening shoes collection. Not sure about the price... If you like the high end one, Fairy's Inc carries a few selected designs of Paradox shoes.

OOpss... I can't remember my make-up appointment. THink it's around 12 noon..
happy.gif

Hi Carey, Cynthia has a few albums full with WG photos. You can ask to take a look and see if you like the designs. I saw one of her latest gowns, laced bustier gown, very pretty. But you need to see if the gowns/photo suit your taste .

wenn

Jel,
I saw Cynthia showing the gown photos to some gals the other day. But I'd never seen them before.... Cynthia only let me try gowns when I was there the 1st time...
happy.gif
I think Riccino custom-make bridal shoes too...

moon

Halo,

Can someone share with me the OTR package?? What it consist of??

Does the package came with any gown for ROM?? Will be having my ROM in Jun but Customary will only be in Year 2005. Do you think J&C will let me sign the package now??

Coz visited a bridal shop at Tanjong Pagar and the lady was like not very keen... but then after some dicussion, she is willing to let me sign and provide free Gown/Makeup/Hairdo/Bouquet of flower for the ROM...

Appreciate ur comments...

carey

Hi Moon,

If you sign up with J&C. They do provide free ROM package as Free.

Why don't u fix an appointment with the designer Cynthia, to find out more?

I have sign up with her last week. I've satisfied with their attitude (not pushy). Very happy with their services. The gown is beautiful and I simply love the photos.

Thanks Wenn.
You are rigth. My package was new OTR WG & MTM EG.

wenn

Hi Moon
happy.gif

Carey is right. Just make an appt with Cynthia to find out more
happy.gif

Hi Carey
happy.gif

Congrats on signing up with J&C. So when is ur ROM & customary? My ROM is in June & customary in Nov. But I'm not taking ROM package from Cynthia. Bought a simple dress last year.

apple

hi wenn & jelutong.. thx for the advise. popped into Leapin Lizard over the wkend. Dun find the shoes suitable for me. Saw one at Metro but no stock. Hv to wait till next month for new stock to come in.
sad.gif

girls.. those names u mention.. Riccino, RAMS & Paradox.. any idea wat is their price range? Izzit 150-300? If yes, then i will skip it. keke.. ThX!
happy.gif

hi carey.. congratulations.. Yeah, when is ur ROM & big day?

wenn

hi apple,
I think Riccino, Rams & Paradox will cost at least 150 onwards if u wanna custom-make. I din visit them as I've bought mine from Studio Tangs liao.. Cost me $120
sad.gif

apple

Thks wenn.. how abt the price range for off-the-shelves shoes? Any idea? Izzit ard 80-150?

I was hvg quite a tough time at Studio Tangs. There were 3 pairs i like. However, they were either not high enuff (onli 1 inch) or nice but not veri comfy.
sad.gif
Tough luck. Finally, at the last moment, saw the "one" at Metro. Now hv to wait for stock to come in. Its not veri high (onli 2 inch) but quite happy with the color & design. Gorna cost me $99. With so many sales ard, was hoping to get a better deal but *sign* no luck.

how high is urs, wenn? silver rite. tink u mention b4 but forgot.
biggrin.gif

wenn

Ehhh, no idea... but I did walk passed Riccino at Orchard Point.. the shoes are on 40% discount.. I think can wait around for another month or two lor,, cos SIN always got sales... Heard that there are silver shoes with crystals at OG. Cost $69 only.

Yup, mine is about 2"
happy.gif

Y

yi

halo apple and wenn,

me an ex-J&C bride popping in to kpo. keke
so howz your preparation or gown selection?
happy.gif

carey

Hi Wenn and Apple,

My ROM is in June and customary in next year June too. We like to be in the same day.

So will go back to J&C around May for my ROM gown.

wenn

Hi Yi!
I've chosen my WG & EG liao. Waiting for 1st fitting/trial makeup/choose FH's suit on end-may. PS will be on early July
happy.gif

wenn

Hi Carey,
My ROM is in June too!
happy.gif

Oic, have both on the same day will be easier to remember lor... Mine will be separate but it is ok with us cos we've engraved the dates on our rings liao
biggrin.gif

apple

hi Yi.. i hv selected my WG. Pending for selection of EG, 1st fitting & trial makeup. PS on late May.
happy.gif

helo Carey.. my customary is in Sep. Hv not confirm my ROM yet.
blush.gif
Most likely will put it on the same day.

hey Wenn.. popped into OG. Some of the shoes (with crystals) costs $49 onli. on top of tat, there is a further 20% discount! not sure when the sale will end. but i still prefer the one i saw at metro.
biggrin.gif

roro

hi apple
strongly recommend same day.. more meaningful dun u think So...
wink.gif

I'm have it on the same day too, will be inviting JP to my dinner, say our vows in front of our relatives and friends.. more fun this way.

Y

yi

hi wenn and apple,

enjoying your preparation huh?
happy.gif

for me, i'm enjoying married life too. hehe
i just booked my 15days europe tour pkg at the recent natas fair so will be travelling in june if nothing goes wrong.
happy.gif

any new and nice gowns at J&C? I have got a friend looking for bridal pkg too. BTW, anyone know how much is a OTR pkg at J&C now?

apple

hi roro.. same sendiments. but me & FH r not comfy with the idea to solemnize in front of ALL our guests (ie b4 dinner in the banquet hall)..
blush.gif

we'r tinking of holding the solemnization ceremony b4 the cocktail starts, say 6.30pm, with juz our parents & close frens. Anyway, it is not confirmed yet. We might juz hold it on another day..
wink.gif

hi Yi.. preparation can be quite fun but tiring at times too..
crazy.gif
good to hear tat
married life is treating u well. hmm.. Europe.. beautiful place. Hv fun..
happy.gif

I think the OTR package is abt 3.5k. Y dun u ask ur fren to attend the J&C bridal show in April.

wenn

hi apple
dun worry about the shoes, you'll be able to find them
happy.gif

hi yi,
cynthia's 3.8k otr package includes new otr WG & MTM EG. suit is OTR. photos are 15R. i think she has her latest collection ready for her fashion show. can get ur fren to go down to take a look. it is better that she makes an appt to see cynthia directly. heard that a couple of her sales staff are quite pushy...
sad.gif

apple

Tks very much.. dear Wenn. Guess i'll juz hv to leave it to fate. As the saying goes 'chuan dao qiao tuo, zi ran zhi'
wink.gif

roro

Yup wenn, u r rite abt the pushy parts. My friend actually went down for her first appt and met Cynthia, everything went smoothly, and she decided to sign it upon her 2nd appt. But then, cynthia was too busy wif other custs, so one of the sales ppl talked to my friend and somehow ruin the whole thing. In the end they lost one cust. So it is better to talk to Cynthia!
wink.gif

wenn

hi roro,
yah lor, heard that got 2 gers there mostly on weekends.. they are on commission basis.. i feel that they need more tact instead of being overly eager to close a sale...
lame.gif

best to book appointment to meet up with Cynthia personally. better to meet her during weekdays or saturday & sunday mornings lor, especially when she just open shop...
happy.gif

can't be helped that their customer base is increasing & that there are lots of walk-in customers at the same time...
sad.gif
that's why Cynthia tries to arrange my appointments on weekdays lor.. i would rather take leave & let her have more time to attend to me....

lei

Halo all...

I have yet to go and meet up with J&C services staff..

Can someone share with me their packages??
Maybe the pricing and items if possible..

Thank You

wenn

Hi Lei,
Most of us took Cynthia's OTR package at 3888 which includes a new OTR gown & MTM EG. Her pricing structure is slightly different from most bridal shops. It would be better if u go down & chat with Cynthia.
happy.gif

apple

Yup Lei.. Wenn is right. Its best u consult Cyn directly.

Hey Wenn.. I hv finally got my shoes.
rofl.gif
Now, I'm hoping tat it will match my EG as well!
biggrin.gif

Ok.. shoes, done. Wat else do we need to get/do now?
lame.gif