J&C Bridal Collections

flowee

hi apple

mi aint with j&c but my frenz wenn n yi they r with j&c...
happy.gif

hows ur preparations comin along???

wenn

hi apple..

FIL said he will be tailoring 4 suits lor,, his, FH & 2 BILs,, the thing is that i dunno what design he will make
uhoh.gif

see how lah,, he will be bringing 1 suit over for FH to try b4 our ROM in june.. then go back & tailor it..
biggrin.gif

dunno whether i can bring a camera to snap some shots or not....
lame.gif

apple

hi flowee.. the truth, i hv not started the preparations yet. Do not know exactly wat needs to be done. So, which bridal shop u signed up with? when is YI wedding?

We hv not decide to confirm our ROM to be on the same day as the customary or seperate day. Headache!

Wenn.. when is ur ROM? i think u shld get ur FH to wear the suit & shoot it. but i dun understand.. to where u r unsure if photography is allowed?

wenn

Hi Apple!

My rom will be in june. Bought a simple dress from Daniel Yam liao.

i meant dunno whether cynthia allow us to take photos when we are trying on the gowns.. Yi's wedding is over liao... 24 jan.. u can chat with her on Any 2003 brides thread..
happy.gif

flowee

wenn

u mean ur fil will tailor 4 ur fh in mauritius then brin the suit back b4 ur weddin???
cheaper 2 tailor made there???

tokin abt takin of pixs durin ur appts???
think u can check with yi...
i think shd b able 2 take shots of ur ideal gown...
muz koe how u look in it mah...
happy.gif

apple

but u oredi settled with ur bridal n dinner venue rite???
those r the most impt items...
ur actual daz photographer is from j&c???

as 4 romin b4 or durin ur dinner, i personali wld prefer romin b4 or durin the weddin dinner...
2 bad i change turn back time oredi since we need the rom cert 4 our flat...
n my love nest is all done up liao waitin 4 us 2 shift in after our customary...
happy.gif

yi she oredi went thru her customary in jan 03...
she's with j&c...
u can chat with her in any 03 brides ( like wat wenn had replied )...

apple

hi flowee.. my banquet & bridal package is confirmed. Hv also confirmed with J&C for my actual day photography.

i intended to ROM on the same day as my customary. But hv not decide to do it in the morning or evening (regardless b4 or during the dinner). If in morning, will go to ROM centre. If evening, then will need to invite the JP to the hotel. Need to weigh out the logistics & budget.

If that is not feasible, will choose a day in either May/June for the ROM.

flowee

apple

heard from frenz (who romed in the mornin) on their weddin date tat's its veri tirin 2 move ard so many places on ur weddin date...
n its also pretti time consumin 2 hvin in mind ur tea ceremony @ both parents...
juz my thots...
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi flowee, wenn and apple,

i'm here. hehehe
was just kpoing in the forum and chanced upon this j&c thread.
yap, cynthia allows brides and grooms to take fotos when trying on the gowns.
happy.gif

hubby and i took many pics wif both digital and normal cameras during our fittings and the people at j&c are ok wif it!
i even took pics during my trial makeup.
happy.gif

wenn

hi Yi!
thanks for ur info
happy.gif
heh heh, can't wait for 1st appt!

hi apple!
i'll be going for ROM in june
happy.gif

not so rush for me... oso time given by the shifu doesn't includes nite for solemnisation

Y

yi

hi apple,

yap, got some pics that i scan that i can email to you but they aren't very clear coz scanner no good.

y dun you give me your email address?
happy.gif

hi wenn,

wow, got top secrets to share with apple huh? hehehe

wenn

yi, yup,, some secret to share
biggrin.gif
but i still wanna see ur photo album, although i can't make it for the meeting...

flowee,, something u tell me not to post here lor
happy.gif

apple

hi Yi.. rec'd ur lovely pics. Tks! Were u wearing a "cheong sum" like gown in the first pic? Nice!
happy.gif

Izzit MTM urs to keep?

Where was the 2nd & 3rd pic taken? Changi? Veri Nice!!

hi Wenn.. i'll be going for my fitting on 28 feb, next fri. My FH & mi feels tat its better to do it on a wkday than wkend!

wenn

hi apple!

cynthia booked me on a monday , 10 march...

must share with me ur designs hor
biggrin.gif

Yi took her outdoor shots at Ubin
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi apple,

thanks for your compliments.
yap, my EG is a cheong sum like gown with full-laced in silver.
happy.gif

love it alot! that day went to collect my actual day photos, just saw my gowns which came back from the cleaning. :p
nope, mine is just MTM and not for me to keep.
Anyway, itz kinda of elaborate to wear for dinners.
yap, wenn is right, we took our outdoor shots at pulau ubin, esplanade and fullerton hotel .
happy.gif

love the outdoor shots coz they are more natural.

wenn

Hi Yi!

Wanna check with u on something.. u used ur actual WG for outdoor shoot right?? need to pay extra for drycleaning or not?
happy.gif

apple

Sure Wenn.. will share my experience & design with u after my fittings!

hi Yi.. do they charge u extra for going to Pulau Ubin? If Sentosa was chosen, we won't be able to chose another location rite?

Y

yi

hi wenn,

yap, i used my actual WG for my outdoor shoot and no extra charge for drycleaning at all.
happy.gif

hi apple,

J&C dun charge extra for pulau ubin shoot but we have to pay for the ferry and transport charge to and within pulau ubin which amounts to $88 only.
happy.gif

i'm not sure abt the no. of location but i think sentosa has already lotsa of places to take fotos of liao.
happy.gif

apple

Hi Wenn, went for my first fitting. One word: Tiring!

Managed to select my WG. Tried abt 5 pcs. (remember u once said there was a gown with blue dolphins details.. saw that!) Selected a simple A-line full dress with criss cross at the back. There r little crystal details at the front bodice, none at the back.

I was assisted by Nicole, not Cyn. Most like its b'coz i hv taken up the package with Nicole hence she will be my contact point thro' out. Cyn did not allow us to take any pic(s) when trying, due to biz regulations.. so its quite a shame.
sad.gif

I was wondering.. my package entitles me to a new WG. (so do urs rite, wenn) How do i verify that its a new one? They claimed that no one has wore it before. Initially, i was abit skeptical but i guess will hv to leave it to the benefit of trust.. Rite!

My tea dress will not be a new pc. (urs too, wenn?) In other words, 2nd hand. Well.. I'm ok with that. Most importantly, i hope to find one that i like!
happy.gif

Anyway, i hv not choose my tea dress & EG yet. Hv to fix another day. So Good Luck with ur fittings, wenn.. do hope u will share with me ur fittings experience after next mon!

wenn

Hi Apple,
Ur gown sounds good. Is that ur ideal/dream design?

Heard that Cynthia allows u to take photo of the gown u have chosen. My teadress is OTR oso. I think both of us have the same package. I understand that they are having a fashion show in Apr. If u like their new collection, can still change ur WG b4 they start altering.

I'm oso not 100% sure that it is new or old. But the other time I asked, Sharon looked at the serial number of the gown & went to verify with their invoice book.. Can look out for extra stitching holes? stains?

A Winnie called me yesterday. I think she might be my coordinator although i've booked personally with Cynthia.

So when will u be deciding on ur EG design? Cynthia told me to bring those mag cutouts of the gown designs that i like. She oso told me to bring the shoes I bought. Will keep u posted.
happy.gif

apple

Hmm.. not ideally but it can do. hv to give & take i guess.
happy.gif

Yup! u can onli take pics after u hv selected ur gown. I was not aware tat they r hvg a fashion show in apr. but will they allow us to view their new collection before the show?

hmm.. i'm still looking at mag for my EG. not sure when i hv to decide on my EG. tink will hv to check with nicole. hope i still hv plenty of time. keke.. i hv not buy my shoes yet! u bot two pairs? wat color?

so u hv decided on ur EG? wat color & style? will u be choosing a bustier for ur WG?

wenn

hi apple..
i'm not sure about viewing the gowns b4 the fashion show.. maybe u wanna call them to check?

i've only bought 1 pair of silver sandles with crystals from studio tangs... silver easier to match... more mileage
biggrin.gif

haven't decide on EG design yet.. most likely looking for orange or red tones.. bought a prom mag from MPH... inside got a lot of EG designs
happy.gif

i've reserved a bustier gown.. but not sure wanna change or not.. will keep u posted on that..

jelutong

Hi there,

Can I see any J&C album/gown here? I have just signed up with them and I'm going to choose my gown tomorrow... yeap, very fast coz my wedding is in June. :p

If you don't mind, can you send the photo to my address: [email protected]? Thanks a lot!

cheers,

apple

hi Wenn. will look out for the prom mag. Tks!

hmm.. tot ur fitting is on 10 mar? when did u reserve the bustier WG? Izzit when u confirm ur package? Fast work Wenn! Can describe more? Better yet, Got pic to share?

Wenn, ur shoe is 2/3 inch? I was tinking of 2 coz cant walk veri well in 3. keke..

Anyway, when CYn told us tat we r not allow to take pic when trying, we put our camera away.
sad.gif

Sori jelutong..

wenn

hallo apple
happy.gif

nope it is 1st appt. yup, reserved the gown when i signed up. eh, if i can remember correctly, it has a long train & some beadings on the bodice.. wait for my photo ok?

my shoes are ard 2". i can't take anything higher as i had knee injuries. moreover, FH only about 3" taller
biggrin.gif

apple

hi wenn, hv checked. can onli change if they hv not start any alterations. the show is on 26 apr. so it maybe a bit late then to change as my PS will be in may.

may go check out the prom mag tis wk. tks..

so when did u reserve ur WG? fast work. tot ur fittings is nxt wk? can share more abt ur gown? better still.. got any pics?
happy.gif

i put my camera away when cyn announced no pics alllowed when trying of gowns. so sori jelutong.. anyway, how did ur fittings go? wat is the style of ur gown? confirmed ur tea dress & EG too?
happy.gif

apple

Opps.. sori for the double posting.. tot my earlier afternoon post was not successful. the heavy workload is making me veri confused! Sorii..
embarrassed.gif

wenn

hi apple...
just wanna say that most gowns I tried yesterday are w/o much detailings. cynthia said that once we've finalised on the gown, she will alter it first... then she'll add extra beads, crystals or embroidery
happy.gif

initially, i've reserved a bustier gown with beading when i booked my package. but bustier seems quite common now. today, I chose a gown with lace boat-neck top & full skirt... like belle of beauty & the beast... my mom & FH liked it very much... so i chose this one instead...

too bad, my sis deleted the photo from her digicam, so I can't show u ... very sorry
sad.gif

my EG is supposed to be MTM but I took a new OTR EG yesterday. wanted orange EG mah,,, so ciao, we found one there... empire-line with spaghetti-straps.... i guess it hid my hips... so i dun look so bottom-heavy... when i go for 1st fitting in end of may,, i'll take photo to show u
happy.gif

Found out from Cynthia that she has 2 photographers for Photoshoot. Both are named Eric. Her in-house one is Eric, who did the photos for her website. The other is Eric Er of Attitude, but his photos are 8R & no touch-ups. I won't be taking Eric Er,, cos more ex...

roro

Hi J&C brides,
yest went down for my first appt, and was so impressed by their services that i signed their packages last nite. i think my package is same as Wenn where my EG is MTM and WG is New OTR. hopefully everything went well...
happy.gif

jelutong

Hi Apple,

Sorli for the late reply. Didn't get to log on to the forum in the past few days.

I hv managed to choose my WG (OTR)last week but still can't find the EG I like. I asked Cynthia for the new gowns she has for the Fashion show and she showed me some sketches and said that they are all quite revealing..
sad.gif

Wenn, how did you manage to find your gown? You have the color already in mind? I'm a bit lost with EG. I'm going this week again to choose my EG. wish me luck.

Apple, are you taking new gown? Cynthia told me that if I'm taking new gown for the fashion show, then she will not allow us to take picture.

Hi Roro, welcome to the community. So have you chosen your gown?
happy.gif

wenn

hi jelutong,
for the EG, more or less i wanted either dark red or orange.. i'm able to take orange as i'm fair..

is ur EG OTR or MTM?

apple

Hi Wenn.. Is ur WG half/full lace? I remember seeing one lace gown in the mag. Nice & elegant! Its quite a slim cutting dress, not the big can-can type. Urs something like tat? Anyway, i duno wat is boat neck.
sad.gif

Hey Wenn, wat did they give u for choosing OTR EG instead of MTM?

Hi Jelutong.. My package entitles me to a new gown. But i hv choosen one tat is not from her show. Anyway, how does ur WG look like?

wenn

HI Apple... Only the bodice is made of lace, with a bustier backing,,, quite difficult to describe
sad.gif

nope, not that gown in the mag... actually, that gown was worn by a bride last year liao.. Cynthia told me that i can get more photos since i've converted mine to OTR... but haven't discuss how many yet...

roro

Hey everybody,

Wenn: my wedding is on 8th of Dec, so Cynthia reckon my PS will be around end AUg or early SEpt

jelutong: thks! me haven choose my gown yet, but cynthia will be calling me next mth to choose from the bridal show one... so i guess i cannot take pic too...
sad.gif

Question: how do we know the gown is New or being wore by others before??

wenn

ehhhh, most of the new gowns have minimal beadings, embroidery etc...

oso, look out for
1) gown dirty?
2) holes from previous stitchings
3) fraying of the cloth

some of the things i can remember..

apple

hi wenn.. ur gown sounds veri mysterious & exciting! well, u hv selected ur WG & EG. how abt ur tea dress? Cheong sum? If yes, then i think u r quite settled. So i guess u won't be goinng down to J&C till ur 1st fitting in may.

hi roro.. i hv asked the same qn too. But since u get to chose ur WG fr the show, i guess they must be new.
happy.gif

wenn

hi apple,
kekeke,,, urs is mysterious too!

tea dress & PS gowns will be selected later.. in between 1st fitting & PS, still got to go down a couple of times (cynthia said). 1st fitting will be doing trial makeup oso.

see how, if she wants me to go down, i could as my office is quite near to city hall area..
happy.gif

apple

hey wenn.. mine is not mysterious at all. i juz found out tat my WG can be found at the J&C website.
happy.gif

Urs is! hmm.. lace bodice, bustier backing, boat neck top, full skirt.. so hard to imagine. remember to take more pics! Ur EG too!

Lucky belle.. my office is at IBP-Jurong.

Anyway, hv u tot of the places for ur PS?

jelutong

Hi hi Wenn/Apple/Roro,

My WG is a bustier gown with ruffled organza on top. If you have a copy of the latest Her World Brides, it looks like one of the design in there...
happy.gif

Apple, wat about yours? how does your WG look like?

As for the EG, I wanted laced gown but couldn't find one there. One that I saw from the album has been purchased by the bride. Do you know if Cynthia has laced gowns? I'll be going there for a 2nd visit next Monday to choose my EG. Mine is OTR.

Hey Wenn, my office is near J&C too. I can even go over during lunch time. :p

wenn

hi jelutong,
happy.gif

maybe u can ask Yi wat material is her EG,,, her EG looks sexy *wink*

i wanted to see her gown while i was there but cynthia said that she had oreadi sold it
sad.gif

wenn

hi apple,,
PS ah? not yet... still early to think about it leh :p but i've bought a cheap pair of silver sandles the other day at daimaru sale... $19 only
happy.gif

wow, ur office is so far away, quite tedious for u to come down here for appointments lor...