J&C Bridal Collections

T

thai

Hi,

I have signed up with J&C too. However, I feel that their accessories, veil are not as "modern". Also, the makeup person is not very updated with the new colour. One one hand, Cynthia is telling me that earth tone is out dated , on the other hand, she is asking me to use earth tone.

so vicky you might want to check who is your makeup person. apple, appreciate if you could share with us as well. thanks

elcube

hi apple,

we've decided to sign up with J&C because we like the photography styles and the gowns are ok too.
actually I quite like Graceful Image gowns, very pretty and romantic like, but as someone posted before, the lady boss is very business-like and serious... don't feel too comfortable. i hesitated in signing up with J&C initially because i found there are not many suitable evening gowns for me, and was considering the new OTR package that time. i guess she saw my problem, and to my surprised she offered me a MTM evening gown for rent for the same $3388 OTR pkg!! in the end, we signed up with her.

as for photographer, i recalled she told me that they have only one photographer, right?

angela

Hi !

Met up with Cynthia last evening. Indeed, she is a patient and chatty person. Tried a few wedding gowns too.

We signed up with J&C ! I took the $3888 package because i wanted 15R instead of 10R. Apparently, she was supposed to increase her price of her bridal package this month. But since i signed up before she can do the amendments, I got the old rates (year 2000 price) :)

elcube

Hi Angela,
Yeah, I agree that she's quite a chatty person.
I remembered that when we were enquiring on her bridal packages, she would tell us almost everything before we can even think of what to ask..she would clarify with us that there's no hidden costs and any extras are already written on the brochure, clear to you. Well, this is just the beginning for me. There are many things I've yet to face, and hope nothing goes wrong for me.

panicky

Hi Elcube,

I also prefer Graceful Image gowns but find that I don't feel comfortable with Judy, the boss. In the end I took up J & C coz it's highly recommended in the forum. There are 5 photographers with J & C but Cynthia works with Eric more frequently.

Hi Angela,

Don't mean to KPO but did the $3888 include the car? Did she offer you the $3388 package with 15R photos but no car?

apple

great to know that u gals have signed with cynthia, too!

elcube - seems like u had quite a good deal there, with the MTM EG thrown in! is your pics also 15R?

angela - what was the original package $$ of the 10R? curious lah...

Whwn i went down last week, cyn says there are 3 photographers currently but eric does most of the shoots. as Thai has mentioned about the makeup thingy, i wldn't know as i haven't discuss abt that with cyn. I took my trial makeup out but now mebbe will consider adding it back...

elcube

apple,
nope, the pics are all 10Rs cos I find that 15R is just too big and bulky. i think 15Rs is only for $3888 pkg unless u customised other pkgs.

panicky,
i had the same thoughts on Graceful Image boss too, and yeah... i signed up with J&C partly becos of so many good feedbacks abt her in this forum.

btw, how did u gals arrange for the first appt?
I actually forgot to ask cynthia .. blur..
she called u gals or the other way round?? thx.

apple

hi elcube,
when's ur wedding?? for my first appointment, i just called up as i also forgot to ask her when i should go down. Afterwhich, she will let you know the schedule...which month to go back for fittings, photgraphy, etc.

angela

Hi !

Panicky ,
The $3888 doesn't include the car. Hmmm...the $3388 package is with 10R photos not 15R (no car too). That's why i took $3888 because the photo is 15R. And i wanted the portrait too. But i will change from MTM to OTR if i can find something nice. U mean she offered u $3388 with 15R? If so, then i must check with her again...The packages she showed me are for yr 2000.

apple,
The package price for the 10R is $3388.

Like some of u gals, i signed up with J&C because of the good feedbacks. Hope everything will be smooth and turn out good :)

Didn't get to see much of her latest gowns as they are sent to a workshop for photo session. I really hope I can find something i really really like.

Cynthia told me that she will note down what are the gowns I look good in and then she will call me after cny to go down to try the gowns.

maybel

Hi all,

after listening to all the comments, I've decided to give J&C a try. To prevent both parties from waiting, I've book a app with them. The next day, I reach there on the app but no one came to my service.So I helped myself and pick up an album. To my disappointment, the photograph style were not to my liking. Also the gowns were very common,not much details on the gowns.I was very surprised that a bridal shop fancied by so many people wasn't to my liking at all. Kai Couture, Graceful Image and Ted Wu are all top bridal shops. I'm going to consider visiting their shop.

popcorn

hi,

I think it is one person's meat could be another man's poison. I visited their shop before. I found the photography ok. True, their on the rack gowns seem to be simple. But when i was there, they showed me their gowns which are much more elaborate, which are hung inside. But they said they are also for OTR.

I don't know about their normal service, but I had pretty good service. Maybe, you went at a time which is very crowded? Sometimes, people overstay their appointed time, or walk-ins?

I think it is ok to visit a few shops, sometimes, a shop favoured by others is just not your style, but does not mean it is bad. I hope you find a shop which is to your style.

elcube

Hi apple,
my wedding will be in August 2001. how abt u?
she told me that our first appt will be after CNY, but forgot to ask who call who first. so, u're saying that I just wait for her call right?

hi Maybel,
I agree with popcorn. J&C doesn't display all her gowns at the display hangers, most of it are at the workshop or somewhere inside because when I tested out the gowns, I found out that I look better in princess cut, so she brought out a few gowns of that design from inside, which I couldn't see any of that design from her normal display. anyway, good luck in your hunt. hope u'll find something to your liking. everyone has each own's preferences. just follow your heart.
btw, what kind of photography styles u prefer? I thought J&C's is quite modern, not the so-called Taiwanese styles.

apple

hi elcube,
mine's in Sep 2001!! and nooo....dun wait for her to call you. We have to be proactive so it's better for you to call her up after CNY when u are free to pop down. Then remember to ask her which month you have to go back again, either u make the next appt on the spot or tell her you call again to confirm the date.

sad

Hi apple,

I am interested to know who is your makeup artist.I am not very pleased with the makeup artist that Cynthia assign to me.

Hi Chin Leng.

What should I do if I do not like the style of the makeup artist? Pls advise. Thanks.

apple

sad,
i dun know about that yet. What kind of style makes u sad?? Did u have your trial makeup already?

C

chin leng

Hi Sad,

I think you can just let Cynthia know that you are not satisfied with the current make-up artist. But remember to let Cynthia know why you do not like the current artist so that she can arrange another make-up artist more to your preference.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

maybel

hi elude.

I've been to many other well-known bridal shops. Their gowns are much better than J&C's. Their gown are more "high-class" and more modern. I've made my choice, Graceful Image. Their gowns are more to my taste. Their photography styles are simply great. I'm really sorry but J&C is rather eeew! I'm all thumbs out for Graceful Image. Although I also thinks that their designer is quite "business-like". But, don't judge a person by it's looks. Just because Judy may seem "businesss-like", the gowns she designs are fabulous. This are just my piece of advice for all of you out there.

orange

Hi Maybel,

I have just came back from my 2nd fitting and Cynthia is really nice. I don't understand what you meant by eeew? If you like graceful image style, Cynthia is capable of those flowy design as well(my gown is flowy style as well). Photography style, Eric is really nice and friendly.

I do not meant to "create" a war here, but I always believe in one has to be reasonable and responsible when make certain statement.

popcorn

hello,
I feel that J&C gowns may not be your taste, but you should not say that the gowns are Eeeew. It is like insulting the taste of many of the brides who have gone through her and loved her gowns. For me, I have seen gowns i loved at J&C, and some gowns which i dont liked. I feel that it is a matter of taste.

My collegue signed up with Graceful Image, but forfeited 1K. Why? They later found that OTR gowns of graceful image is no good in their opinion. And they feel that Graceful Image is not able to create their ideal gown. They also felt the service at graceful image is not up to their standard. They felt it is better to forfeit their deposit than take the risk. My other collegue also went to take a look at their gowns, and did not like them. Just as u have loved their gowns, my the collegues did not like them. Among other stories. But does it mean that graceful images gowns are EEEEwe and their services really bad? No, it just it is not to their taste and they may not be able to get along with the store people. I hope you take in account of other people's feelings before you make such sweeping statements. By making those statements, you are implying that the other brides who went through J&C are "low class" and "old fashion". Maybe, you should be a bit more tactful.

fairlady

Hi Maybel,

Let me quote your statement for Graceful Image : "Their gowns are more to my taste. Their photography styles are simply great.". Isn't this also your personal taste and preference? Just like the rest of the gals who signed up with J&C (including me). They fancy J&C gowns, photos and most importantly, their sincere services! And these gals have mostly selected their gowns and taken their photos.

Just want to share this genuine incident with you :
My ex-colleague signed up with Graceful Image. Reason was because she liked their gowns very much. In the end, she was given yellowish gowns to choose from and the attitude of the staff wasn't good. In the end, she had to pay them more to have her gown mtm.

I am not trying to scare or worry you. But i feel that it is not right to brand J&C as not "high-class and modern". If you have the money to engage the top designers in the market like Kai and Ted Wu, heh, by all means. But it doesn't mean that J&C gowns are less "high-class and modern". I just want to stress the point that everyone has his/her own preferences.

I sincerely wish that you will have a pleasant encounter with Graceful Image, just like we gals who signed up with J&C :)

christine

Hi popcorn,

Did you remember wrongly, did your friend sign up with J&C? I've got a colleague who signed up with J&C. She put a 1K deposit, but found out later that their service were not up to standard. But they can't forfeit their deposit as they have a budget. They went there during the app time to chose their gowns. They were not able to find one that they like. She went to J&C a second time. She wanted a certain design but they were not able to make that design. The designer adviced her to take a certain design as the designer thought that it would look nice on her. So, my friend accepted it as she thought that the designer was an experienced one. After her wedding gown was made, she found out that the design was not up to her taste and the engineering was badly done. The colour of the evening gown was totally wrong. Then, she explained to the designer that the design wasn't what she had wanted and the colour of the evening gown was totally wrong. But, the designer insist that the design was what she had wanted. At long last, the designer agreed to correct the gown, but simply disagreed to redo the evening gown. If my friend had really wanted a redo, she had to pay extra. My colleague already had a budget. How is she able to come up with more money to pay of the total. When she went for another fitting, the staff's attidude wasn't good. She had to try her best to ignore the menacing look that the staff gave her and continue fitting. After fitting, the gown was still very uncomfortable. She asked them to correct the gown. But, they refuse to do so and said that the photography date was near and they did not have the time to make the changes. During the photo date, the gown was uncomfortable. But, she did not have the choice but to continue taking the photo. When the photos were out, they were not up to expectation. Before the wedding day, she had no choice but to go out and rent another evening gown. The evening gown that J&C made was just too ugly. Although my colleague had a budget, she spent over$4k (including the extra rental of the other evening gown). So, she was unable to save any money at all.

My best wishes to all those who are going to considerate J&C as one of their options.

God bless you!!

M

mrs tan

Dear Fairlady,
I felt very surprised about your statment:"the attitude of the staff wasn't good." Personally, I don't agree with this. When I went for my photoshoot and fitting, the staffs there are all very willing to help and patient with me.

About the yellowish gowns that your collegue had received, maybe it is ivory colour. Wedding gowns have many choices, they are white, off-white and ivory(these are the basic colours).

For your collegue, she may had mistaken it for ivory:) In Graceful Image,there are many other white and off-white wedding gowns. I had already had my photoshoot taken and everything necessary for my big day is all done. My collegues all had sign up with Graceful Image and until now, they did not regret their choice.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs Tan

C

chin leng

Hi all,

Everyone has their own preferences. Let's respect each other's choices. There are always 2 sides to a coin. In any boutiques, some may have good experience and some may not. Ultimately, everyone makes their own choices.

This forum is created for wedding couples to share their views and opinions but do refrain from making disparaging remarks.

Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

han

I totally agreed with Chin Leng's statement.

Whether your views are good or bad, just share with everyone here. Lets not use this forum to attack the others.

worried

Has anyone sign up wt J&C recently ? Hope to hear some comment/advise with rgds to their svcs level as well as their gowns and photography. : )

angelia

hi,
The service is really very good. Photography is done by Eric, inhouse photographer. One of my friend who took from one IMM shop saw my rejects, said it was better than those he chose for his album. Most of my collegues who saw my album said that it was good. Wedding gowns are dependent on yourself and styles that you like. For me, I tried more than 20 gowns before i found something that I liked (well i am fussy), I was allowed to change the gown even though I chose it, so long it is before it is altered down to my size. I loved my evening gown, it is a red make to measure bustier gown, with silver embiodery. Accessories are provided. If you are worried about her gowns, do go and try her gowns, before you sign up, see if you like it.

Alot of their customers have become their friends. I do not think you need to worry about their service or photography. Their service is superb, they stayed together with me till 11 pm to choose the photos for the album for me. They will not force you like some other studio to choose photos that you do not want. They will not say this one nice lah, buy more this and that. When I mentioned I was worried which hair style and kind of makeup suit me, cynthia arranged a evening which she and her assistant did more than 6 to 7 hairstyles to find out which suits me best, by the time we finished it was like 11:30 pm. I felt so bad about making them stay back so late.(This was on top of the trial makeup i already had earlier. As you can see, I am a worrier..hehehe) But You have to decide the gowns is to your taste, this is something no one can really help you decide. Taste is really subjective. I and my hubby love my gown, but my mom thinks it is nice, but the neckline is too low.

If you really worried, you can pop down next friday evening, I will be doing my final fitting then. And I can bring the sample photos.. (8P, the album is too heavy) for you to see. I think she is also updating her pics on the website, she will be putting up some of her recent customer photos on the website.

worried

Dear Angelia,

Thanks for your response. You make me feel at ease. Will try to drop by next Fri if I am available. When is yr wedding ? Mine is in December this yr. Do they hv a few make-up artist ? any particular one that I shld select. pls. advise.

angela

Hi Worried!

I just signed up with J&C this year, in January. Have went thru my 1st fitting and trial makeup already. The service is superb and l love my gowns.

Cynthia (designer) and her assistant Sally are very chatty laides. If you are in doubt/have worries, just ask them.

I really enjoyed every vist and I am looking forward for my 2nd fitting next month!!

angie

Hi,

Those of you who have been to J & C, has anyone checked out the other bridal shop a few shops away?

joy

Hi Angela,
I had signed up with J&C. Just wanna know from u that is it necessary to have a trial make up? Had enquiry form Cynthia and she said it is not necessary as they only do up ur hair.

angela

Hi Joy!

Personally, i feel that it's necessary to have a trial makeup. This will more or less let u know how u will look like on photoshoot and actual day. U have to be comfortable with the makeup.

U mean cynthia said it's not necessary to have a trial makeup? I have mine a few weeks ago. The makeup artist did my face, didnt do the hair.

apple

Hi Joy,
I actually opted out of the trial makeup but added it back on again later. I was afraid that i'll turned out with a wayang face on photoshoot & actual day. Also, the trial makeup gives me an idea of how much thicker the makeup for photoshoot wld be, according to my makeup artist.

btw, like angela, i also had my trial makeup at J&C abt 2 weeks ago.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

J&C Bridal Collections is having a joint promotion with Amara Singapore. The wedding promotion starts from 17 Sept to 22 Sept at the Atrium of Tanjong Pagar Shopping Arcade (next to Amara Singapore).

Promtional package prices are available if you sign-up during this promotion period.

For more details, you can visit here.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

J&C Bridal Collections has added new gowns and photo albums in the website. You can take a look at the new gowns and photos at http://www.jcbridalcollections.com. If you do not see the new pages, please click on "Refresh/Reload" button on your browser. Alternatively, you can press the "F5" button on your keyboard to view the latest pages.

The newest pages are all marked with "Copyright 2001" at the bottom of the pages.

Also, J&C Bridal Collections joint promotion with Amara Hotel started yesterday. The promtion will only be offered until this 22 Sept (Friday).

Regards,
Chin Leng.

girly

Hi,

Anyone has any experience or have signed up with J & C Bridal Collection?

My huuby and & I were thinking of either Flamingo or J&C. So far, heard good reviews on Flamingo but no news on J&C.

Anyone cares to share their experience?

angelia

hi,
I took a package from J&C. Their service was fantastic, photography is very good, and their gowns turned out well for me. But I am not sure what you want to know. Maybe, you can post things that you want to know, see if i can help answer them.

Cynthia is quite nice, do not worry if you did not get the best deal when you sign up. I think she is still negotiable even after you sign up. J&C will not force you to take extra photos if you do not want, and there is not much hidden cost.

girly

Hi Angela,
Care to share with me the package you took? Are your grown made-to measure? Also any idea how they charge if we want to upgrade the car to maybe Jaguar?

Did you have any trial make-up?

angelia

hi,
I sign up last year around July during a promotion, so the price would have increased quite abit.

Cost of package 3588
wedding gown (rental)
evening (mtm to keep)
men's suit (rental)
2 hand bouquets
2 8R tabletops
10R pics (Cannot remember 22 or 24)
hair & makeup - trial, studio,day/night i think.
Car decor.
Paid another 80 dollars for another suit. We took 1 tuxedo and one normal suit for my hubby.

They do not have a limit to the number of changes to the studio photography and the number of outdoor shoot places. If it rains, the photography session will be reschedule with no extra charge.
I got the negatives back for the photos I chose.

I took a E200 outside. It may be cheaper if you get your jaguar outside. I think it cost around high 600+ to rent a jaguar outside.

C

curious girl

Hi Angelia,
Thanks for you info.. Greatly appreciate...
happy.gif
And that quite a good package you have. Now,.. I think the prcie would definitely have gone up....
sad.gif

BTW, do you have your photos in softcopy?
wink.gif

jean

Hi prettyinpink,

Am thinking of signing up with J&C cos' of all the good comments I have read in this forum. Are their rates competitive? How much is their package now? What does your package comprises of? Hope you can share with me. Thanks!!!

prettyinpink

Hi Jean,
I signed up with J & C after reading all the good comments from the forum. I went down to try a few gowns to see if i liked the cut and design...turned out pretty okay. Then we started sharign our ideas with Cynthia and Sally and all of us got excited about it. I must say they are very professional and not pushy at all. So far, my 3 visits to the boutique (before signing on the last visit) were pleasant. Some of the ex-customers came back to visit them and I can see they are happy and satisfied customers.

I must say J & C offers very competitive rates. there are S$3388, S$3588, S$3888 depending on the customer's requirement.
My package includes
1)MTM/OTR WG (in exchange for more photos if OTR)
2)OTR EG
3)OTR man's suit
4)trial make up
5)make up for day and night on the actual day
6)studio make-up and photography
7)2 bouquets of flowers
8)18 pcs 15" photos
9)some pcs of 3R/4R (can't remember the nos.)
10)1 large one with frame (can't remember the size)

They are pretty flexible. Jean, when is your wedding? I think most importantly, for whatever price you pay, service and reliability are most critical. That's why i did not really compare the prices as i am sure there are many boutiques out there that can offer better rates (before adding all the hidden costs)but dun make you feel good. Cynthia is very humble. Both my husband and i feel very comfortable with her.

Tell me more about your wedding preparation.
happy.gif