House Moving (movers) Company - Any recommendation?

blueblue

Sorry to hear abt yr bad experience rollfade.

Thanks for sharing wif us. At least, we can know who are the bad ones around and less likely to use them.

tingting86

I would recommend Xpress movers althought their rates are slightly higher but all their workers are all local chinese and young and hardworking. I've used them twice and their service was good and fast. They provide free box and tapes i would say they are one of the best mover i used althought they are quite ex

blueblue

On second thoughts, better to go with the company that got insurance. Esp when u hv valuable things. My buyer engaged a mover and on the day of moving, the worker knocked against the big mirror. He denied it at first but my buyer caught him. The company end up hv to pay $800+ whereas the bill for moving is only $400+

javabeans

Hi BB Queen

hey i experience exactly the same thing. Spoke with him yesterday and tot things sounded ok. was suppose to get the box last nite but he din inform nor come by. called him 3 times today. 1 time disconnect, next 2 never answer. then dropped him 2 sms but no hv also. Hope nothing happen to him.

qwertrew

I also had the same experience as BBQueen and Javabeans - Jimmy said he would call me back but he didn't; I called him a second time and he said he will check his schedule and let me know. Anyway the outcome is after 3 weeks he never called back at all. Maybe because I am not moving alot of items and he not interested in "small business"".

Anyway I am moving next week and engaged this guy called Daniel(62977252)- he is prompt and I find his charges are cheaper than Jimmy's.

If you need a mover you can try this Daniel.

babyk

Hi,
I engaged Shalom Movers about 3 years ago when I moved house as it was recommended by some friends. Very professional and we were happy with their service. I remember it was trouble free.

Oh! Their trucks is hooded, if you know what I mean. So if you're planning to move during rainy seaason (like year end), maybe it's safer to look for one mover company with covered truck though I'm sure those with unhooded trucks would have their ways to protect your stuff from rain as well!

You can call their main line at 6287 6117 or visit their website at

http://www.shalom.com.sg/contact.htm

Good luck!

qwertrew

Hi lsmiley,

I changed my moving to 1 Aug so it will be this Friday. But my colleague used him for moving last Sat and she said he was not bad. Efficient and attitude is fine.

Charges dep on whether you are on lift landing and the items that you have to move, so I suggest that you give him a call to ask.

If your quote is less than $200, you gotta buy the carton boxes from him at S$1.50 each. He will only provide FOC carton box for above $200.

javabeans

Hi hi,

I'm a satisfied client of Jimmy's. Just did my house shifting yesterday. We have a osim massage chair and a king size mattress and bedframe. Jimmy was very accomodating and efficient. No nonsense jus move move move. Tho we a bit naggy, he was careful with the mattress and our osim chair!

Very responsive too. Tho in the initial stages was tuff getting him on the line. Called him 2 days b4 to confirm and actual day morning. Do give him a better picture of ur items. We threw in a last minute bedframe :p

Whole exercise from his arrival to shift in at destination took 1hr!

The only minor thing would be the delay he came over on actual day. otherwise, great service, good price! got the boxes for free for ours. total damage <120
happy.gif

qwertrew

I engaged Daniel (62977252) for my moving last Sat, was recommended by my colleague.

I didn't have much things to move, so they only charged me for half load. But for moving that costs less than $200, u gotta pay for the carton boxes lah. $1.50 each which I find is ok.

Their services are good; no attitude problem, very polite and efficient. Also find their rates very competitive.

When they gave me their namecard then I realised their services are from a halfway house, so its for a good cause in the end!
happy.gif

bubbles78

Hi all,

I've read good comment for Jimmy &amp; Shalom Movers. I'm currently looking for movers too and is interested to find out more on their services. Just like to find out :-
1. Do they both provide boxes and labels for packing?
2. How many weeks in advance did they pass you the boxes for packing?
3. Do they have to go up your house prior the shift to decide on the pricing?
4. Roughly how much does it cost for the shift? 1K?

Thank you!

aley2008

Hi all,
Just wanna share my experience on Elite Movers. Pretty professional with uniform staff, they come to your house and give quotation. Quote was reasonable $550, bargain a little ... gave $50 discount. Boxes, tapes and labels are free, boxes to be returned later.

Professionalism ends here ... On the day of shifting, 2 person arrived on time i.e. scheduled 1-2pm ... arrive at 1pm. And started to assess situation. They complained to themselves the stuff seem more than $500 worth.

They started to stack the boxes on carts and lined them up by the lift. They were pretty efficient and within 30mins was able stack 80% of the items. The downside though are ... the stacks of stuff were left in the common corridor for the next 1hr. And they also as me to tapao lunch for them since they have not eaten. Reluctantly I agree.

An hour later, the monty crew arrive. Now there are 8 guys and 2 trucks. They started to load the stuff and dismantle furnitures and beds. Another hour past ... all the stuff fully loaded.

At the destination, the unloading was equal messy ... all the stuff were left at common corridor. One worker even argued with a resident.

The move include a pickup (Queen bed/mattress) from another location nearby the destination. I realised they provided another truck for that. But surprised by additional cost $60 since Queen Divan can fit into the lift eventhough I highlighted during the quotation.

All in all, the move took 4-5hrs.

Pros - reasonable priced, provided ample trucks (2 + 1 more at the end of the day). Though I think 2 is enough for the job.

Cons - last minute surprise for surcharges, Complained too much things (not my problem since they quoted on premises, workers are effective but rough, workers demanded for drinks/food, unloading is a little rough.

Most horrible thing is ... the worker pee at toilet I move from. And did not flush. I came back 1 week later to find out.

Final verdict 5.5/10 - will try another mover next time. Unless looking for cheap Mover. Hope the review helps.

hazeline

Hi all,

I used Citimap/Trsansco for my housing movin last month. The person came a few days before moving to quote me $300 based on wat i told him will be moved. He told me tat as long as it is 1 trip, i will be charged the price he quoted.

But on the actual day of moving, the men asked for another $120 more. I had no choice but to give in coz half of my things are alredi on the truck, i cant say no. And, im not sure if they will roughly handle my things if i said no. I felt cheated instantly.

Aft the whole event, i called the person who quoted me and he said he will do an investigation. I was told a few hrs later tat he has found out the persons who has asked for additional money and will be refunding me the $120. BUT, 2 weeks hv passed, i hv contacted the person afew times, but still no money back in sight. I was told that he will come to my home to refund me, but everytime, it is a disappointment. When i called him, he sounds irritating.

Why i quoted Transco is because, the person who came for quotation gave me a Transco leaftlet but the actual men who came for moving is from Citimap. I suppose is some form of secondment work..In any case, I do not recommend these 2 companies.

hazeline

I used Citimap/Trsansco for my housing movin last month. The person came a few days before moving to quote me $300 based on wat i told him will be moved. He told me tat as long as it is 1 trip, i will be charged the price he quoted.

But on the actual day of moving, the men asked for another $120 more. I had no choice but to give in coz half of my things are alredi on the truck, i cant say no. And, im not sure if they will roughly handle my things if i said no. I felt cheated instantly.

Aft the whole event, i called the person who quoted me and he said he will do an investigation. I was told a few hrs later tat he has found out the persons who has asked for additional money and will be refunding me the $120. BUT, almost 1 month hv passed, i hv contacted the person afew times, but still no money back in sight. I was told that he will come to my home to refund me, but everytime, it is a disappointment. When i last called him, he asked for my bank a/c no. and said tat the company will refund me by "next week". Now more than 1 week has passed but still no money when i updated my passbook last nite. Disapointed..

Why i quoted Transco is because, the person who came for quotation gave me a Transco leaftlet but the actual men who came for moving is from Citimap. I suppose is some form of secondment work..In any case, I do not recommend these 2 companies.

hazeline

To be fair to Citimap/Transco, they have just refund me the $120. But it is aft 1 month since i hv moved house and numerous phone calls to enquire. After so much hassle, i finally got back my money.

hazeline

To be fair to Citimap/Transco, they have just refund me the $120. But it is aft 1 month since i hv moved house and numerous phone calls to enquire. After so much hassle, i finally got back my money.

ivans

Big NO to Citimap everyone. They moved my things in july o8, broke my antique coffee table and expensive dinning table and also my 29 inch tv.
When i contacted them they say will investigate but never come back. After a week i call their company and the boss picked up the line and told me his name is Kenny and people call him Kenny Rogers. After i narrated the situation to him he asked me to call the police! How is that for a mover!
Be careful when you deal with people like this.

josh_tay

I tried using Citimap yesterday. Here's my story to share. Arranged to pick from A to B at 1pm, one washing machine at 60bucks. At 1.45pm, no one in sight, called and check. Told they are on the way. at 2.15 received call saying they are late. In the end, they came at 3pm. Wow....
when they came, they did not bring bubble wrap as i specifically requested and i am even paying additional 10bucks for it. They apologised and said they will ask one of their guys to take cab and come back with it. I agreed and waited till 3.45, that's when it finally came. By 4pm we move out to location B. Reached location B at 4.30pm.

Dont know how to comment on their service, but their price is reasonable. Probably got to pay more to get service. I got a quotation from Shalom for 170, i almost fainted.

josh_tay

Crapz, i should have seen this posting on Citimap. My take for this company NO.
Fainted waiting for them for 2.5hrs. luckily i only test water, move my washing machine only!!!

tower

I have engaged Elite Movers for my house moving and storage in warehouse. Was quoted for $580 (Sengkang to warehouse), $350 (a month's storage) and $650 (warehouse to Hougang). My items included a total of 75 boxes, queen size mattress + bedframe, S/S size mattress + bedframe, 3 door wardrobe, Crosscom table + chair, 21" TV and some other loose items. 2 personnel came on time to bubble wrap all loose and fragile items. 1 hour later, another 5-6 workers came and moved all my items within 1 hour. They were very professional, careful yet efficient. I have ever heard of gangster tactics and horror stories from other companies regarding increase of prices due difficulties in moving not lift landing etc. All workers were S'poreans. I engaged them as my movers due to feedback from fellow forumers as the schedule for Shalom Movers were full. I definitely do not regret engaging them and look forward to their services if there is a need in future. Cheers!

vicks

Hi all,

I tried Elite movers. At first I thought the service was worth the money ($500) but on the day of moving, they spoilt one of our fan. They left something outside the lift of the old house. Further, they lost one of my box! I was very upset but nothing can be done....

tower

Oh so sad to hear that. I have no problems with them so far. Await the condition of my stuff when they shift from the warehouse to my Hougang flat at the end of the year. Wish me luck!

hippocampus

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing all these information. The only movers that I know are KC Dat and Colins' Movers, and this is before I read this thread. So I'm really glad that to know that I've got other options. Can someone tell me who's "Jimmy" and how can I contact him?

Thanks a lot!

hippocampus

Hi... I see some good feedback for Jimmy and Soon Hup but do they move Electone (Yamaha electronic organ) as well? Can anyone recommend a mover for this?

~daydreamer~

Hi all,

I am looking for a mover, but all the movers won't tell me how much until they see my house.

Any good ones to recommend?

I have a King bed+frame, TV console, sofa, dining set (1 table 4 chairs), TV/fridge/washing mc and about 30+ boxes, how much would it cost to pack and move?

Also, aside from asking about wrapping stuff properly, what other things should I be checking with the mover?

Thanks a bunch!

helpful

Hi all
Juz want to tell you all that i juz move my house.I used Kim long removal service.I am very pleased with their service.They didn't break anything.(Phew..)I am glad I chose them.They also provide free quotation and they did not suddenly increase their price like wat happen to rollfade

moninet

hello.. can i check if the norm is call a few companies to come down to do a quotation? cos so far the few i called say must come see my house 1st before they can quote.

hippocampus

Yep. I've just moved 2 weekends ago, and I had 3 companies who came down to survey the stuff that I've got. One gave a quotation on the spot, the other two gave within a day.

I used Soon Seng. Very reasonable price and super efficient! Recommendable!

moninet

i called a few companies.. only global remover called me back so I used them for my move last weekend. Quote was reasonable when I asked around with my frens.

pinky_girl

Hi All,

Just to share with you that i've a contact for house mover. The $$ that he quote me was very reasonable. If interested, can pm me for his contact.

hippocampus

Soon Seng's quote was also very reasonable. More than 180 boxes, king-size bed, baby cot, 2 study tables with chairs, 5 bookcases, 1 big display cabinet, 3 cupboards, 1 long side-table, TV, fridge, dinning table and chairs, 5 pedestal cabinets, 3 wooden racks and more, to 3 locations. 1 fixed price regardless of number of trucks, and if the item cannot fit into the lift, they'll carry (with no charge) up to my unit (top floor of the flat). All for $880.

Nothing broke, nothing lost, and they had about 10 people moving this for me. Took only 3 hours from the time they came into my old house to the time they leave my old house.

And my Electone works just fine in the new place!

On the other hand, the Salvation Army sent their movers to collect a sofa set that I donated from my new place. There were only 4 items to be moved out of the place and 3 movers came. In less than 15 minutes, my main door was scratched when they moved the sofa out. Very upset 'cuz I spent a few hundreds getting the door sprayed before I moved in. The painter could not touch up the scratch mark.

Compare this to the huge move that I had - with so many things and so many movers, none of them scratched anything.

hippocampus

Soon Seng Transport Service 2000 - Tel: 63684988 (Alex). He'll visit your place to survey the items, and gives you a quotation on the spot.

Ask if they can provide you some tapes, bubble wrap or shrink wrap. They provide boxes - I think you pay a deposit that gets returned to you when you return the boxes. I didn't get their boxes though.

Confirm with them that there is no extra charge if items need to be hand-carried up, or that if an additional truck is needed. For my case, they had to call in an additional truck half-way through the move but there was no extra charge and the second truck came in very fast causing no delays to the move at all.

hello88

My family used The Helping Hand at Upper Serangoon not once but twice. Very happy with their professional services. They have improved greatly from the 1st time we engaged them in 2005. Though they are ex-drug addicts but they are very polite and have reformed after turning to God. At least they are honest that they are ex-addicts. But rest assured that only those who have already reformed for very long and deemed suitable can take up the job as movers. Their charges are much cheaper than the other 2 quotes that we got from 2 other movers so no regrets that we still choose to engage their services even though we had initially wanted to try out other movers recommended in renotalk and other forums.

hello88

this is their contact number given on their website 6283 2204.

I would suggest u contact a few movers to compare the prices which we did but eventually still feel its cheaper to engage them to help us.

They charged like $25 (if I remember correctly as hubby was the one who contacted them) for per floor if its not lift landing whereas other movers we contacted charges between $40-50 per floor.

faceoff

If you are not fussy and do not have too many things to move, maybe you guys can call Peter 94504269 for quotation, I have personally engaged him twice. Reasonable charges. Fit and rather polite guy. Said to be ex-Helping Hands.

lol_lyn

I've called up (The Helping Hands) for quotation. Seems like their charges are cheaper than the other few I've asked for.

Anyone else with good service comments about them?

hanvid

Hi,

I'm not sure if this discussion thread is still active but i would really appreciate if someone can pm me jimmy's contact details. I'll be moving in a few month's time and would like to have a reliable mover.

Thank you