House Moving (movers) Company - Any recommendation?

berszewai

Hi everyone,

I also used Wilson service, recommended above.

Initial impression is good. fast and punctual. Do not use foreign workers. however maybe they are rushing to do another house moving in the afternoon and in the process tried to lump all our stuff together and use cellophane wrap to wrap each trolley and not individually wrap the items. while unpacking the stuff at out new place, one of my cushion was slashed by the penknife and some of the furniture chipped my wall partion. and the last straw was anyhow place the items against the wall, causing scratch marks and one of the bedframe to fall onto my parquet causing dents. I paid more than paying Wilson to move my house as I need to get my contractor to do rectification works to my partitions and parquet. Wilson was not even apologetic and said such things can't be prevented.

I agree with hippo, engage Wilson at your own risk.

berszewai

Hi everyone,

I also used Wilson service, recommended above.

Initial impression is good. fast and punctual. Do not use foreign workers. however maybe they are rushing to do another house moving in the afternoon and in the process tried to lump all our stuff together and use cellophane wrap to wrap each trolley and not individually wrap the items. while unpacking the stuff at out new place, one of my cushion was slashed by the penknife and some of the furniture chipped my wall partion. and the last straw was anyhow place the items against the wall, causing scratch marks and one of the bedframe to fall onto my parquet causing dents. I paid more than paying Wilson to move my house as I need to get my contractor to do rectification works to my partitions and parquet. Wilson was not even apologetic and said such things can't be prevented.

I agree with hippo, engage Wilson at your own risk.

acid

i also have a very bad experince with my house moving. the company is RTM (jeffery, alvin, ms ng)

initial they come my old unit, quote $400, but on actual day become $800 due to more trips need to make.

the movers ruined my bed fame, wardrobe, knock on new flat wall (causing paint to scratch) and mutliple stuffs ....

my replacement cause for the items is over $1k

their boss and staff are very irresponsible, saying knocking/damaging stuffs is normal. even ask us why we never buy insurance for house moving.

in the end i pay them about 60% of the fees only

smile76f

If anyone is looking for a budget and helpful mover, you can get Albert at 90888890. If you are shifting home, discuss with Albert on how you hope things to be done, and seek his advise. I did my moving juz early dec, and he is very helpful with his advises.

icefreak

Thanks! Criz!! for your recommendation.

i moved recently and searched this forum to find some mover recommendations. decided to try Soon Hup Transportation (67841592)after reading Criz's review.

THE QUOTE:
- called up and described my moving requirements
- told them abt 30-40 boxes, fridge, dining set, king bed, 3 mattresses, golf bags, 2 computers etc......
- was quoted <$300 one covered truck one trip.
- move was from AMK to Bishan.
- long corridor + 2 flight stairs @ AMK and 4 flights stairs @ Bishan.

Soon Hup promptly delivered 30 carton boxes for our use.

while packing we realised 30 was not enough. called them and the lady said 'wah!' when i said i needed another 30 cartons. thought she'd start telling me the charges would be different etc but she didn't. 30 more boxes were delivered. and we used them all....hehe....yup 60 boxes!

MOVING DAY
- turned up an hour late. reason was they had 2 more jobs in the morning and delayed by rain etc. It was pouring that morning so I accepted.
- lucky for me it was just drizzling when we moved.
- 5 men turned up. 3 PRC + 2 locals. Supervisor Vincent was local.
- all workers were very efficient and the 2 of the PRC guys SUPER strong!
- mattress and display cabinets shrink wrapped. to prevent damage to the TV display cardboard ends were used.

The whole moving experience was less stressful than we envisioned having used a horrible mover in the past (eg. extra stairs=more $ etc).

If you're not looking for a efficient and reasonably priced mover I recommend them.

at the end I paid <$300 as agreed.....very good value if you ask me! google them, they have a webpage.

cheers.

criz

Glad that you're happy with their service.
I will be using their service again this Saturday for our final move to the new house.
Cheer.

liverpudian

Hi, moving hse in early Apr &amp; looking for good &amp; reliable movers (&amp; value-for-money of course). Any recommendations?

Read quite gd reviews on Jimmy. I'm practically moving my 'whole' hse minus fixtures like built-in stuff, air-con etc. Will he be able to do an efficient job &amp; does he do dismantling &amp; reassembling of children's bedset as well?

My wife read abt a "Global Removal" in 1 of the past issue of Simply Her mag (awarded 'Best Value' by the mag out of 4-5 movers featured). Anyone used them before &amp; able to share their experience?

Planning to get 3-4 quotes before making a decision. All recommendations welcomed. Thanks!

apple04

Hi ,

Have jus used Jimmy b4 CNY, as recommended above.

Im quite happy wif the services. Fast &amp; punctual. I really agree with the forum users here that jimmy is responsible &amp; reliable guy. He really take gd care of yr furniture in whole of the moving process.

Thks to all forum users for recommending &amp; sharing such gd mover wif us!
happy.gif

liverpudian

Hi, moving hse in early Apr &amp; looking for good &amp; reliable movers (&amp; value-for-money of course). Any recommendations?

Read quite gd reviews on Jimmy. I'm practically moving my 'whole' hse (king-sized bedframe &amp; mattress, sofa set, coffee table, writing desk, children bunk-bed set etc) minus fixtures like built-in stuff, air-con etc. Will he be able to do an efficient job &amp; does he do dismantling &amp; reassembling of children's bedset as well?

My wife read abt a "Global Removal" in 1 of the past issue of Simply Her mag (awarded 'Best Value' by the mag out of 4-5 movers featured). Anyone used them before &amp; able to share their experience?

Planning to get 3-4 quotes before making a decision. All recommendations welcomed. Thanks!

paperball

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of getting a mover ... 2 movers I checked told me they dun provide any insurance coverage ... and they also highlighted to me that local set-up movers majority do not have insurance ...

Any idea??

Thanks.

zacey

i have also just confirmed my house mover but din thot of this insurance thingy at all.. is that a must?

lemoncool

Jimmy quote is on the high side. He quoted me 250 for moving carton boxes and need to top up extra for any other furniture. The other company, Soon Hup only quoted me 160 for the same amount of stuff. On the actual day, we moved more than what we told them but they didn't ask us to pay extra for that. Give Jenny a call at 67841592.

Items we moved: ~30 carton boxes, 1 queen size mattress, 1 21" CTV, 1 computer system, 1 mini-hifi system, 2 single mattresses, 1 standing fan and micellaneous stuff. Their workers are local and the way their handle our stuff is very careful, even though they look a bit ah beng. They will ask you where to put all the things and also give some advice if they think it is not appropriate.

ekardo

how about I need transport for moving bulky but not heavy items like Study table and rattan chairs etc?

9 items from 2 nearby location in city to northeast..

spawnies

lemonade, I engaged Jimmy Movers back then based on all the positive feedback from most people in this forum. And I paid $250 nett (one truck load, one trip) for 60 cartons and some other existing furniture (29" TV, Queen size bed w/ Divan, 4 door wardrobe, 1 standing fan, Dining chairs, etc.

From lift landing unit (old house) to lift landing unit (new house), he didn't mentioned any extras for my "other furnitures".

Was there a miscommunication?

colt77

Hi ,

I would like to recommend Kenny from Citimap (HP: 91018331).. We have engaged him twice and found him gd... He will reached your place 10 min before the appt time and moving was finished very fast as they have a few manpower... Still rememeber that for the 2nd moving, we forgot to load 1 cupboard(dunno whose fault) and we called Kenny up after realising it in the late afternoon(shifting in the morning) and he actually went back to the old place and re-delivered for us, FOC... His rates also quite competitive..

lemoncool

Solaray, I doubt if there is any miss-com, because the "other furniture" is the reason I decided not to engage them. Anyway, I am happy with Soon Hup's service, one full load trip, and they even offer me drinks when we are on the way to my new place. Furthermore, it is cheaper.
happy.gif

spawnies

lemonade, I wouldn't know the exact exchange between you and them. But..

From my understanding that time, if it's lift landing to lift landing unit, so long everything can fit into one truck, one trip, it will be the same price. $250. Period.

Previous customers of Jimmy in this forum and renotalk would be able to attest to their standard pricing. In fact, a friend of mine that I recommended, engaged them 3 days ago, $250 as well.
happy.gif

lemoncool

Solaray, that puzzles me too. I have nothing against Jimmy's service, basically I just compared the pricing and decided to go with Soon Hup
happy.gif

golliwog

I just used Jimmy's moving service, and me and hubby were bowled over by their fantastic service. They were punctual, efficient, carefully wrapping our furniture with plastic wrapping before moving, and very importantly, had very positive attitudes!

They had to squeeze our king-sized mattress 6 floors down the narrow stairway of our old flat, and although Jimmy's brother mentioned he and another helper had "only had half life left after moving the mattress down", they were still very cheerful after that.

In contrast, the deliverymen who carried the mattress up to our old flat some yrs back did it with very very sullen faces.

After the move, Jimmy &amp; gang even offered to help us sweep the floor of our old flat, which we declined cos it's no point anyway.

I strongly recommend Jimmy to those who need moving services. I was quoted $280 for 60 carton boxes, a king sized mattress, 2 sofa beds, a big fridge, and plenty of other misc stuff. We topped up more $ cos they had to make a 2nd trip, and we were so pleased with their service.

Soon Hup p*ssed me off terribly. This lady called Annie (or Jenny.... can't rem exactly) made an appt to come down to my house to inspect to give a quote. We agreed on the date and time, and she never turned up. When I called her, she said "my men never go meh??", when in our first conversation, she actually said she's the one who is supposed to turn up. I made a 2nd appt with her, and again SHE DID NOT TURN UP! I gave up on Soon Hup, and made a mental note to post this on the forum.

Pls be careful if u do decide to engage Soon Hup. I'm totally not convinced of their reliability.

babyq

i used Global for my move on National Day. they had a team of 5 workers. i was quoted $1K (i have a lot of things!) and in the end it was increased to $1150 coz the location i shifted to was "difficult"! there is uneven kerb on grass patch and in the end they had to use a van to drive from the carpark over the grass patch to the apartment.

the apartment lift is also very small, so end up a number of items were carried up, thankfully only one flight of steps.

we gladly paid them the extra coz they even helped us pack two rooms!

at the end of it all, we gave the workers $100 tips coz i felt so bad just looking at them work under the hot sun the whole day.

i would recommend them. call tel: 6552 5813 for Angela.

alanchow76

Dear friends,

Heard about jimmy services quite good review here.

Any other transport to recommand?
Hope got price comparsion better

danieltiger

hi there,

recently, i had used the services of Shalom Movers. Very pleased with the delivery. total $310 with a drop off near my place

icebaby0

You can try Alan (HP: 93396562)
My cousin used him when she moved her stuff (including piano) said they did a good job. But I dunno if expensive anot.

cvg

i'm using jimmy tomo...last week he came over to my place to quote...i find him easy going...but still got to see how it goes tomo... will update again.

blueblue

My hubby has asked the Helping Hands. They charge $280/trip (covered truck). They gave a certain number of cartons and hv to pay $1/ctn if u need more. Seems very reasonable.

ys_lam

Hi ! Blue blue, can share the Helping Hands contact details? Me also looking for trusthy &amp; price reasonable house mover. many thanks
happy.gif

blueblue

Hi YS Lam

Juz saw yr msg. I dun hv the contact right now. Hv to check with my husband. U still need it?

Richard from Helping Hands revised price from $280 to $230 because he saw we dun hv much things to move. Is actually $200 and extra $30 is because my mum's plc do not hv direct access to lift.

magiccastle

hi,

Jimmy is good and professional. I have used his service recently for moving house after reading this thread. He really ensured that things are handled carefully. Even his indian workers are good. Took the initative to take some of the stuff for me that I was carrying.

I m quite satisfied with the service. Especially when they carried my 300kg piano which is not at lift level. Really hard work.

magiccastle

hi,

Jimmy is good and professional. I have used his service recently for moving house after reading this thread. He really ensured that things are handled carefully. Even his indian workers are good. Took the initative to take some of the stuff for me that I was carrying.

I m quite satisfied with the service. Especially when they carried my 300kg piano which is not at lift level. Really hard work.

eowyna

hi YS Lam

Helping hand contact no. is 6283 2204..

i called this co - Gethsemane.. anyone used their services before? Their price is $250/trip, addtl charge $20 for different lift landing..

ciarie

Hi all

seems tat Soon Hup Transportation (67841592)is not too bad... :D
may consider using them for my house moving..

btw, anyone used Advance movers before??
any reviews?

rollfade

Hi blueblue, I wanted to engage helping hands but unfortunately their Sat schedules were full. I used Soon Hup eventually and shifted last Saturday (24 May). Think the company have changed hands as no. has changed to 67477226.

The experience was horrid. They gave me the time 8.00 am but was 2.5hrs late. The lady boss has this unfriendly tone when I called to check on the morning itself. She said "you have to wait till 10 to 11am, not so fast lah' I asked why did she give me 8am if she has another appt before mine? She said had forgotten mine as too many things to do and she didn't even have the courtesy to tell me they will be late.

When they finally arrived, the lady pull stunt again. She exclaimed "wah, your queen size mattress very thick (12"), very diff to carry, must add a little more money". The reason for engaging a mover is bcos of my mattress cos I only have another 13 cartons. As I learnt that movers have hidden costs so I ask her way in advance are there anymore charges that I must be aware of besides my house not being on lift landing.

In the end I gave her only $10 more on top of the $200.

bb_queen

I called Jimmy a few times but he didn't pick up his phone. Then I managed to speak to him, smsed him my details and he is supposed to come by these few days to quote and to pass me the boxes. He didn't reply after getting my sms nor did he pick up my call again. It's kind of frustrating trying to contact him and I am beginning to wonder if he is reliable at all. He knows I am shifting next week and I need the boxes to pack and yet he didn't bother to contact me.

phantom88

Hi BB_Queen, my experience was exactly the same as yours. I think he becomes complacent after all the praises from forummers. I decided not to call him anymore because I would not want in a situation that on the actual day he does not turn up and I have no way to contact him.