House Moving (movers) Company - Any recommendation?

kpo

i'll usually use The Helping Hand. reasonable pricing..fast workers..doing a good deed at the same time.

the only not-so-good experience that i had w them was when they stucked tapes on my cabinet doors/dining table..upon removal of tapes, the varnish on the furniture came off as well.

chicklet

Shalom - I've used them twice. I've moved like 9 times in 10 years (gulp) and I can comfortably say they are the best folks I've encountered. Professional, punctual and good attitude! They wrap everything up real well, put in boxes and even leave rolls of wrapping paper which I've put to good use on the closet esp in the kitchen!

elinwokk

Shamlom is expensive and price is not negotiable. I find that overall after comparing quote from a few guys, helping hand was good value for money. but like KPO the tape leader used to secure my shelves took off varnish after I peeled it off. But good value for money and we are doing charity some more mah
happy.gif

preciouzalex

any one installed the laundry system for hanging clothes at the yard?? care to share. The electricity bills are killing me with extensive use of dryer...

gorix23

nelle, can you gimme the contact for high point, also, what do you think of the charges compared with the rest?

soko

you can try Wilson at 9029-2446. I just moved house with his movers last week and we are totally satisfied with the quotation and the way they handled our furniture and stuff. The items were wrapped up nicely and securely with their cellophane and the movers are very fast. Definitely a trustworthy mover!

creamyz

any good mover to recommend me? i only have a few stuff to move only..as i rented a room. call a few company they charge me ard $150-$200

strawberry_love

Hi,
i need a good mover too. currently staying with my PIL so only need to move my king size bedframe + mattress and some small miscs items to my new house.can i cost the est cost? and also is it's possible to move my king size bed frame as a whole or got to dismental it?

vvbbb

creamyz,

my friend recommended this mover, and hubby and me used him recently. His name is Jimmy, can call him at 92716042. My hubby paid $100 for his moving but hubby thought that $100 is a bit too much for moving his boxes of stuff (bed+drawers)

The following week, I used him again.I have a 5 boxes only but with one running machine. Hubby liked him cos he's friendly and FAST!! Jimmy let my hubby decide how much my hubby want to give him for my moving cos he thought my stuff is quite few, but i told my hubby 'not nice lah, at least give $50'.

15min to bring stuff down and 15 mins to bring stuff up, efficient.

staritzz

hi all,

u may wish to cover yourself with HomeCare home insurance damage or loss of contents temporarily removed by professional movers up to $5550 depending on your class of coverage.

This plan includes coverage of fire, burglary(evidence of forced entry not required), bursting of water tanks or pipes and some other listed perils.

feel free to email me for brouchure in print

berlinelee

hi,
can I know roughly the cost of the movers? I have stuff like quen size bed, fridge, washing machine, etc. so that they will not overcharge me. Thanks!

ridhwan82

hi staritzz (staritzz)

do you think i would be able to have the house movers' contacts please and the brochure would be great!!

vnc

Hi all,
Just want to give a review on Jimmy (92716042). We engaged them in Jul06 for moving house. And indeed, they gave good & cheap service. Both my husband and I are very satisfied with their service but sad to say, Jimmy told my hubby that they might end the business this coming Oct.

acid

anyone just move house?
any companies to recommend or avoid?

roughly how many days in advance do we need to engage them?

andydelz

Hi, i've no recommendation, just want to warn ppl out there to beware of this transport company call Superior services & transport. their service attitude is damn lousy. Granted, the conditions of my boxes are not good, granted, becoz most of them are comics (heavy), but hey! i'm the one paying for the services, i'm on the recieving end at some of their remarks, Quote: " Xiao di, your room so untidy one ah, want to pay us so we can come and help you pack next time?" , " xiao di, why so heavy? why you pack until so "light"? " and lastly , they ask my mode of transport to my new home, and i told them by "bic" (motorbike). Sarcastically, he remarked : " bic? bicycle ah?" and that's only a few quotes i recieved in just 20 mins? In the end, they are too lazy to get change for me, so one guy ask whether the change can treat them as "KOPI Lui" ( which means coffee treat).Mind you, its $20 he's asking. I gave in after he pester for a while. Ha, next time the company pay me in double i also wun use their services. I rather pay more if the service attitude is better.

tittieal

Hi, I need to find a cheap and reliable mover. Anyone can PM me the contacts? Have items like mattress, wardrobe, threadmill & 20+ boxes of belongings.. Anyone noes how much i shd be quoted? Thanks

albert_sy2

I'm also moving a fair amount of stuff...

2 closets
4 computer tables
1 single-size bed
1 pull out bed
1 fridge
1 washing machine
a hell of a lot of box full of stuff!!!

help!!!!!

mehmeh_lim

hi ladies,

i had engaged Wilson, recommended by buttercookies (see further up the pg). Very fast team he has.. Can't quite comment on price, but with comparisons made with some movers I called, he managed to charge us the lowest.
Items we moved @ $100:
1 Poster queen size bed + mattress
1 computer table
1 dresser
1 big mirror
8 boxes of stuff

Note: He didn't provide the boxes, but tt's fine on our part
happy.gif
Hope this helps!

criz

Hi All, I had recently used this Soon Hup Transportation to moved all our item to Warehouse Store, and will be using them again in 2-3 months to move to our new place.

They are pretty efficient and fast. Very professional. They moved all items out of our house within half an hour (5 rooms flat). We are very amazed on their speed. And their price are very reasonable. I did not compare too many mover, only 2 out of the full list the storage services recommended. But the others one quoted us double the pricing, so I think Soon Hup is the best for us. Btw, they also provided us with boxes and tapes. If anyone interested, PM me.

And if anyone needed the storage services, can also PM me, we had sourced few companies before settled down to this 'Lock & Store Self-Storage Pte Ltd'. Service very good.

Regards
Criz

oxygen_bar

I too have engaged 138 professional movers. Only called up 2 person to ask for quotations so cant really comment if they are cheap. But I dont think I will engage them again. As I've not gotten keys to my new house yet so I asked them to shift my things to my temporary accomodation. They indian workers were very fast but rough. And the guy who came to gave me the quotation said he'll send 2 guys to come over 2 hours before to pack the things so I was quite happy about it. But on the actual day, no one came and they were late for half an hour. And on the day when they shifted the thngs to my temporary accomodation, they were late for 2 hours!!! wasted my time. So now im on the look out for other movers for my next move. Any one can recommend pls email me [email protected] thanks

bbpram

hi criz,

can provide the contact for this 'lock & store self-storage pte ltd'? i need to store my stuff before i move into my new place in 6 months time.

do they actually lock up your stuff? i will have some documents which is quite confi so i am looking for a storage service to house my stuff.

appreciate your reply. thanks.

criz

hi bbpram

Here are the website:
www.lockandstore.com.sg - we choose them becos $, secure assurance and location more suitable to us, they located opposite the railway station.

yup, the premises only acessible thru the security access card. They have alot of foreign expat. customers. You can access 24/7, anytime, anyday. If you decide to use them, remember to printout the coupon to waive the admin. charge.

You can also check out this 2 companies who also provide similar services.
www.store-it.com.sg/
www.safe2store.com.sg

Hope this help.
Regards
Criz

mehmeh_lim

hi astrogirl,

i got it fr an earlier post (by soko) in this thread

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 8:12 am: Edit Post Print Post
you can try Wilson at 9029-2446. I just moved house with his movers last week and we are totally satisfied with the quotation and the way they handled our furniture and stuff. The items were wrapped up nicely and securely with their cellophane and the movers are very fast. Definitely a trustworthy mover!

jolemz

I must add on that what vnc has commented above is indeed true. I've just shifted into my new place comfortably on 22nd Oct with the help of Jimmy (92716042).

All thanks to vnc...I was desperately sourcing for a reliable housemover and chanced upon vnc's good review about Jimmy. Therefore, I tried my luck by contacting Jimmy and got a quote verbally over the phone after listing out all my items. Thereafter, I called a few housemovers to compare the charges and true enough, what Jimmy has quoted me was definitely cheaper than others.

2 days before my hse moving, I called Jimmy to confirm the deal and reminded him not to play me out & be on time. I crossed my fingers as I've read many bad experiences others had encounted with those unreliable and irresponsible housemovers in the forum.

In short, I have to comment that Jimmy is undeniably a responsible, punctual, considerate, fast & efficient mover. He takes good care of owner's stuff during the entire moving process. Reasonable and cheap rate without hidden nor extra cost upon completion at all.

My family members and HTB were totally impressed and sang praises on how efficient Jimmy and his fellow partners worked. Hahaha...

Highly recommendable to all fellow couples out there who are vexed or desperate in sourcing for a RESPONSIBLE & RELIABLE house-mover.

P.S. As mentioned in vnc post above, it's true that he does have the intention to wind down his business sometimes end of this year as his truck is due for scraping soon. Let him know that Jolene from Ubi Blk 315 recommended him to you guys when u call up ya...

Best of luck to all...Cheers/Jolene

hippo2002

My previous mover Sharin also very good. I already engaged him twice. But he is not available on the date I want for my next move.

So I have engaged Wilson (recommended above) to move for me this round. Will update you all about his service after he moved for me

jimmy_mover

Hi all, I'm writing on behalf of Jimmy (92716042). First of all, I would like to thank all of you who have recommended my services enthusiastically to their friends and fellow forum users here. As a result of your support, I am pleased to let you know that we will be resuming our mover services this coming December. We look forward to being of service to you.

jeannieng

Hi I used Superior Mover, recommeneded by my friend. It costs me less then 300 bucks. I've 50 paper boxes, 5 plastic boxes, washing machine, sofa, 1 single bed & matress, 2 bicycles, 2 glass cabinets, computer sets + scanner + printer, amplifier + cassette record + 2 DVD player, 1 projector TV & 20" CTV, 1 mahjong table + 4 fold chairs.

All in 1 lorry with 3 movers & 1 driver. So far, I'm satisified & impressed by their service. Thumb up!!!

cute_koala_123

Hi all, agree with joz & vnc. Engaged Jimmy for house moving 2 weeks ago. His team is really responsible & friendly guys and reasonable rates too.

Jimmy, glad to hear you are resuming your biz. Just hope that your price will still remain competitive....
happy.gif

ladygarnet

Hi, i need a mover too. I need recommendations. Pls kindly email me your house mover's details. Truly appreciate all kinds of help
happy.gif

vnc

Hi Joz / cute koala & all,
Great to hear that you guys had the same pleasant moving experience as me too! Really happy to hear that Jimmy is resuming his business also.
happy.gif

lilcreature

Hi
Anyone used M2 enterprise before? got their card pasted on my house gate ... his quote seemed quite ok .. any feedback on his workers?

pinkhippo2002

I have used Wilson service (recommended above)

Bad experience !!!!!!

His team knock my furniture till the wood peel off with dent
no attempt to be careful at all
bump furniture everywhere

He didn't even string wrap many items, just drag & go ! completely ruin my furniture!

engage Wilson (9029-2446) at your own risk

Bad experience !!!!!!