Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

zljoan

Hi cloud,

yup, they generally don't extend the stay. cost of extension depends on the period that you'd like to have your stay.

For me, as it's during the aerospace exhibition period, it costs more than usual. Thus, am extending my stay in their Premier room instead.

Hi sobe

thanks for your reply!
happy.gif

so on the 2nd day, u'll need to repack evting n move to a new room again?

amanda1982

hi everyone...

after hearing all the positive feedbacks, i guess i am feel more comfortable abt my upcoming wedding with HIOCC. i feeling very excited now as getting closer.

well, i had feeback to my co-ordinator some time back abt some of the bad feedbacks that was posted in here earlier. she is happy to hear all. for me i can point to her wat is to be taken note on.

cloud> i will be extending my stay in the bridal suite for another day. I have no idea about the cost for the extra nite.

zljoan

a bit belated but i'd just like to reassure all brides that my banquet at HIOCC went extremely well!

my family is quite picky about food and prior to the wedding, read quite a few negative comments here. brought my concerns not only on this but also service level and guess what? my guests really enjoyed the food and efficient service! to quote my usually critical cousin, "the food was good..especially by hotel banquet standards!" proper guidance was given from the march in to champagne pouring and all went without a hitch.

from someone who didn't even think of having HIOCC as a venue alternative initially, i am honestly glad that i changed my mind.
happy.gif

sdluvct

sobe>> So happy to hear the good reviews!!

BTW a quick question:
Do we contact our wedding coordinator like 3 months before our wedding or do we wait for them to contact us?

Not sure whats the procedure like and I find I am quite laid back now.. wedding in Aug so a bit worried..

winter2331

Hi everyone

Left 1 cartons of wine (12 bottles) for sale. It's the exact wine that Holiday Inn is providing FOC with their package, which is Cornerstone Classic French Red 2008

I'm looking at selling this off for $16 a piece. Good deal if you have their free corkage. Please call 83227607 if you're interested.

Thanks.

meimei05

Hi zrluvkt.. Juz in case, 3 months b4 ur wedding, email ur co ordinator. They wil send u a script s well s a sample of program tat wat u need to do.

w3ngal

the package for 2011 seems to be quite ex! anyone already booked for 2011 and managed to get more perks or deal?

how is their food?

the crysal ballroom march in is straight?

el2sgbrides

hi w3n, compared to other hotels within the vicinity it is not on the high side. y not u wait for their wedding show to try get more perks?

food is ok for me...

crystal ballroom march-in is straight unless u prefer the other arrangement.

Hi all, I had went for a site visit 2 wks ago. The renovation is spectacular and I love the crystal chandeliers in the ballroom. I read it from somewhere that they had spent 25 million for the revamps. Thats a lot of $.

Though there are some pillars, but they have 4 auto-control screens and 2 LCDs in the ballroom which covers all areas in there. With that, the guests will definitely catch all the details during your wedding.

Plus, they are also providing live-feeds which will be shown instantly on those screens. You can even change the ballroom lighting colours (i.e, pink, blue, light lilac, blue) and their technicians will take care of all the operations. Very high-tech and beautiful, it looks as if you are in a dreamy-crystal palace. And the best part, all these are FOC!

I got no issue with the menu, however, we would have booked it right away if not for the price. So, if there are more discounts and perks at the wedding show, we will seriously take it.

xiaochili

Hey pple, when is the wedding show? My hubby n I went down to HIOCC last night n there was a wedding dinner going on.. I fell in love with the crystal ballroom!! But my hubby dun like the reception area n he's pretty worried about the food quality as well... So we would wanna know if there will be more perks during the wedding show??

amanda1982

xiaochili> i think ur hubby is worry abt the small reception area. might be abit cramp if there is alot of ppl. dun have to worry abt the food, they are good.

Hi gals, I have placed my deposit with HIOCC last evening. Will also enjoy the perks from the wedding show, so we are going down to pay the rest of deposit. I'm excited! My AD is on 6 March 2011. Anyone has confirmed with HIOCC too?

amanda1982

jasmine> wat is the promotion from wedding show in HIOCC now?

sept2010> it depend on wat type of food you are refering to. i am going for the menu with the yam paste.

amanda1982

i already got my package with HIOCC. my wedding is in May this yr. but will like to check for frens wat kind of promotion they have. they having wedding show on this sun rite?

mistyice07

juz wondering does anyone feel that the left side of the crystal ballroom with low ceiling is of any concerns? I feel that those guests sitting in that region will be feel left out as if they are being separated from the main ballroom? any comments?

lewischee

just wondering if anyone had feedback on the services & food for HIOCC? There are quite some bad 2009 feedbacks in this forum, but 2010 seems so much better. So they really have good improvement? Or they aren't consistent? Our wedding is 2011.

We went for the wedding show yesterday, the lights are nice. With the 4 projector screens and 2 LCDs, don't think any guest will be left out since they can have live feed.

dear gals, I have signed up with HIOCC already. My wedding is next yr 6 March. The lower ceiling is not a concern at all after we have seen a full setup in the ballroom. In fact, the whole ballroom looks very classy and cozy. You should go take a look for yourself when there is a full setup. Very nice!

Not to worry abt their services and food, I got many good comments from my friends who attended weddings at HIOCC earlier this year.
happy.gif

amanda1982

Great to hear tat. i am so looking forward for my wedding on next Sat. I cant believe tat it is coming so fast to me. Yes, it is very classy and grand. i love the lighting in the ballroom. it looked much better than before it is renovated.

yumsoup

hi~ i like the crystal ballroom so much after seeing some of the attached thumbnails... does anyone mind to share with me their banquet pics? i wish to see more pics of the Crystal ballroom before approaching the co-ordinator.. please email me [email protected]. Thanks alot!

yumsoup

i'm actually quite worried that the 3 big pillars by the side will block much view of the stage for those guests seated that area...

any complains?

sdluvct

Hi everyone,

I held my wedding last week @ the crystal ballroom... superb feedback except for 1 dish but no worries!!! We, the bride are more concern of the feel instead of the dishes right? Hahaha..

Just one review: the fish has not much taste.. I got the Soon Hock one... and the portions are huge! =)

Sales Mgr: Adeline, Banquet Mgr: Eric/Kumar
Thank ade/guys for the good work! Keep it up! =)

sept2010

Hi brides to be,
I think the hotel has done such a good job that they deserve a post from me n my husband right after our wedding. Our big day was yesterday but my thanks for the hotel starts from 1yr ago when I booked the banquet. My sales manager Adeline has been responsive and prompt in her reply. As anxious bridezilla, nothing is more important than receiving a reply to your query. On the actual day, Wilson was our banquet manager and we do not have to worry a single bit. He was there to brief us on every single details. He will also prepare water for us after we were sabo to drink. All in all, we just had to leave everything to him and he had not dissapointed us. Many thanks to other staff like Jonathan and Eric for making this possible.

To all considering this hotel, it's really one of my best decision made!

feliciatan

Hi zrluvkt,

I was planning to hold my wedding banquet @ crystal ballroom, but heard saw from forum saying that there is pillars blocking. has the pillar affect your wedding?

glad if u could email some of the photos of the ballroom.
my email: [email protected]

Thanks in advance^^

fairydust

hi ladies, i pop by to HIOCC with my hubby last weekend to view the crystal ballroom. it's so pretty! both of us like it alot, but i feel the 3 pillars are blocking the view of quite a number of tables. any brides hold their dinner there can advice?

Eddie (i believe is the banquet manager) was preparing the ballroom when i arrive, told us that there are LCD projector and TV screen to cater to those tables that may be blocked by the pillars.

starlite

hi all, just to say Hol Inn has done a great job for my wedding.. Thanks especially to Eddie, the banquet mgr who did all arrangements to make it fuss free for us =)

While there are pillars in the ballroom, most of the guests will b able to see e LCD projection screens..