Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

zljoan

jance > in that case, yours will be the nice pipa duck..wonder if can swap my smoked duck for pipa one...does anyone know if it's possible?

zljoan

wah...top somemore ah..haha...i seem to keep toping up my package...does anyone know how the smoked duck tastes like?

jasgin

Hi HIPV brides,

Anyone of you used black table cloth for their wedding banquet?

I'm planning to use black table cloth for 35 tables. I'm worried that the ballroom will look dark and cramp (black usually make the room look smaller). Any experience to share?

jsim15

Yo Jasgin,

i used d black table cloth...veri nice
happy.gif

jsim15

haha..happen to be online..all positive feedbacks..they say is veri grand n impressive..probably is a new look..all my guests r first time to HIPV ballrm
happy.gif
Can chose 2 col of d lights..maybe dun chose blue cos it look darker..i chose gold n purple

amanda1982

morning. i also jus got email from my co-ordinator tat the hotel name had been change. i personally feel the name length is abit long. but quite nice cos got the word "orchard"... haha...

sdluvct

Thanks for the post! Saw the big annoucement in the straits time today!! Very green

Didn't know parkview was opened in 1985!!
And the renovated lobby looked so spectacular!!! =D
Everything look so beautiful now! =D

cfusion2k

So has the price of the wedding banquets :p

The new pricing is so funny. Last time it is $888 nett for weekends. Now all they had changed is to add two pluses (ie. $888++) to the new pricing :p

taime81

Which dishes is better actually?

For Fish:
Steamed Soon Hock with Superior Soya Sauce or Steamed Red Garoupa ‘Teochew’ Style

For Abalone:
Braised Sliced Abalone and Mushroom with Spinach
or
Braised Sea Cucumber with Abalone and Spinach

jingx

Hi all, I had my wedding there recently, and I had a few complaints from my guests citing that the service staff were new and service was quite bad.

sept_09_bride

i went for a wedding dinner there in sept too.. me too feel tat service sucks.. tats y i decided nt to hv my wedding there liao.. even though i like the ballroom..

nicokin

Hi Jaynee,

How many tables do you have? If it is alot of tables, then can still try to justify. so scary..seems like the services depend on luck

sept2010

this is def not comforting for those who have booked or considering to book HIPV... hopefully the mgt will read abt this and improve the feedback... fingers crossed

zljoan

for those who had bad experiences, care to share more? previously someone left some feedback here and I voiced my concerns to my co-ordinator...good to learn more from those who had their weddings or were guests!

jingx

Hi nicokin: I had 32 tables. Everything else about the ballroom is good and the banquet manager was very good as well. However, I had received many feedbacks from guests seated at various tables that the service was bad on the night. Some egs, the service staff spilt some fish gravy on a guest while cutting the fish, glasses and plates with chipped corners were used and newbie service staff was slow in serving (even told guest he was new).

One question: Do service staff keep the wedding favours when they keep the extra table settings after all guests are seated (when table is not fully seated)?

sept_09_bride

sucks as in :
1) 1st dish comes then the waitress drop the table no on me.. lucky is nt the dish itself.. else, i will b pour with all the food on my dress..
2) ask them to refill drinks.. bt guess wat, me and my hubby hv same drinks and he is juz siting nxt to me, bt the waitress juz refill mine bt nt his..
3) din change my plate bt change my hubby 1 instead..
4) end up the guy in black jacket.. think he is the floor mannager or in charge, has to come and serve us himself..

food also cannot make it.. sharks fin too starchy.. fish too hard and cold..

I love HIPV initially.. and after i see the ballroom, i love it more.. b4 we enter the ballroom, the 2 big screen showing the couples pics/montage bside the stage makes the couple so outstanding.. so nice, esp the crystal theme..

bt the food and service cannot make it.. tats y, we decided to forgo this hotel lor..

nicokin

Hi,

Anyone has more pictures on the setting of the chairs and tables? What i mean is the table and chair colour combination. Saw the top of the forum have the all black theme and the red table with gold ribbon on the black chair. How about the normal seating (not VIP)?

Thanks!

sdluvct

Hi All,

Anyone held their solemnization on the same day as their AD like 30 mins to an 1hr earlier? Where will it be held? Do we have to pay extra $$ or don't need?
BTW, do we have to inform our coordinator earlier or we can just inform them like 3 to 4 months beforehand?

Thanks alot!

sdluvct

cheesebun> thanks for the link to the bridal show!

Anyone saw the arrangement on the stage? Is it the garden theme or it is the candlelight theme? It look so spectacular!!

eveeve

Dear CH (sept_09_bride)

I agreed of what you mentioned. it really suck, as i held my wedding 1 month ago.

it really a great diappointment.

many of my guest complaint of the food and services really bad.

cfusion2k

My colleagues and I attended a wedding just last week, and all my colleagues were full of praise of the ambience and food.

The waiters and waitresses were polite throughout the wedding. The food presentation was not bad. Everyone commented the ee fu noodles was good
happy.gif

xiao_lambie

think the hotel still didnt improve much on its service and food a yr later after my feedback.

perhaps, some like me signed up previously be'cos of the good service rendered by the wedding coordinator and the location.

taime81

Hi,

I just had my wedding on the 25 dec. The ballroom is nice. Lots of positive feedback on the food. No complaint so far.
We're very pleased with their service, they really give their best and i love it when they arrange the santa clause present during the first dish as my wedding is on xmas itself. Guest and ourselves are surprize by santa visit. It was so sweet of them to make special arrangement for us. =)

I'm so glad to held my wedding @ holiday inn park view and special thanxs to Vasanthi, Faizal and Joshua. They are really nice ppl who assist us in 1 way or another to helps us achieve a perfect wedding. =)

eveeve

Hi All

i felt the main problem lies on the coordinator themselves did not train the waitress and waiters well, and they do not have a good communication with the other assistant or person in charge for the event!

if u get a responsible and helpful coordinator they will help you thru out and solve your problem instead they are the ONE giving so much problem to the newly wed the unecessary problems!

I really hope they will improve and provide a good training to all Waitress and waiters!

As well, for the event coordiantor.

cfusion2k

On the actual day itself, it is the banquet manager who is in charge of the banquet. The co-ordinator is merely the sales person in charge.

gin

Dear all HIOCC BTBs,
I just had my wedding banquet at HIOCC (aka HIPV) on 30 Dec 09 at Crystal Ballroom. I must really compliment and thank the guys there to make my wedding banquet a success.
happy.gif

Ballroom: Lots of compliments from friends and even my friend will recommend the place to his friends.

Food: I spoken to my dad and mum and jie meiz and bros...so far the food comments are quite positive and its still warm when served. At night, i tried the orh ni and i like very much la! I am a sweet tooth btw. heehee...

Service: VIP table was great! Warm water with straw was already prepared for me on the table and when i march to the stage there, Yvonne (the lady who served me at VIP table) was helping me with my gown so that i wont trip and fell while walking up the stage... And they are also very attentive.

Banquet Mgr: Mr. Eddie Liew, BEST MGR i seen so far...very professional in helping my hubby and also me....cos of some hiccups happened in the noon, was not feeling too good b4 the march in, he also asked me not to worry too much and everything is taken care of by him. And he also teach me how to walk in so that i wont trip too. VERY VERY GOOD! We so touched that we did gave Eddie a token of appreciation. Eddie also very accomodative and tell us the unopen table, we can da bao the food for family. Thruout the whole wedding banquet, EDDIE is reachable...so no worries about anything. At the end, we even took a pic with him. Will post in FB soon. I will also write a complimentary letter to HIOCC soon.

Coordinator: Krystal, VERY VERY Friendly and she provided a very personalized service. My hubby call her at ard 6.30pm telling her that i am having headache and ask her to help me buy panadols. She went out to buy for me and she even brought up a cup of hot chocolate for me and a cup of hot coffee for my hubby. We wanted to pay her back but she say it's ok. And before the wedding, she also liaise with me on alot of things and everything went well. Despite last min changes on table number and arrangement.

Sound system: No problem. We used my laptop to play the video cos my CD got problem. Eddie's asst, Nicholas, also asked me what song we are using for march in, as i cant seems to find it on my lap top (last min kan cheong), he offered to see if they have the song with them or not...see...some ppl dun even bother about it!

So overall, GREAT CHOICE on HIOCC. Feel free to pm me if you need more details!
happy.gif

eveeve

Hi xiao lambie (xiao_lambie)
Exactly! I agreed this with you very much.

Hi silverzgal (silverzgal)
My Coordinator is Florence,

Hi cfusion2k (cfusion2k)
Yes, I knew! But my coordinator didn't seen to liaise with the banquet manager well.

winter2331

Hi everyone

I have 4 cartons of wine (48 bottles total) for sale. It's the exact wine that Holiday Inn is providing FOC with their package, which is Cornerstone Classic French Red 2008

I'm looking at selling this off for $16 a piece. Good deal if you have their free corkage. Please call 83227607 if you're interested.

Thanks.

taime81

Gin > Eddie Liew is nice too. He was with us too. But most of the time, i laise with Fizal, super nice guy. =)
Actually, hubby and i was so pleased that we have our wedding @ holiday inn park view (orchard central). The people there are so helpful and helps us all the way.

Of cos not forgotting my coordinator, vasanthi.
Actually, i did saw the banquet manager brief the waitress n waiter before the wedding. In fact, they suggest to my bil that 1 of the table drink a lot, if we want to auto top up their red wine. They will even take extra effort for selected tables for our bosses etc.

nicokin

Hi all,

I also just have my wedding at the hotel.

The experience there was very good. Food was nice also. So for those who is worrying about the quality of the food (which i have been before the banquet), you can rest assured. Alot of my guests commented that the food was nice and some of them are quite fussy eater.

My Banquet Manager is also Eddie, a very helpful guy. He is very attentive and his team were very helpful. When i am walking up the stairs, they are always around to ensure that I do not trip.

My Sale Manager is Krystal and she is also very helpful. I think all the sales manager are very professional if you look down the forum. Every names are being mentioned before.

So all brides, do not worry too much and all items will just fall in place on that day. I can say i am quite a paranoid person, but during that day, all things will just naturally be in place. Just an advice, assign someone (from your brother or sister team) to liaise with the banquet people. That is what we did, and all decision making will be done by the person. Do not make yrself headache for nothing. Just have to enjoy every moments.

Hihi,

any brides extended ur stay at the bridal suite? do u know how much it costs?
cos we're thinking of extending as they refused to give us additional stay..
Thanks!