Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

carol

Hi Enid,
Most prob. will go for the food tasting in June..

Hi Anna,
MAybe you can let us know the outcome after the food tasting.

Hi Orchid,
I do have gold colour in my invitation cards, & wil be doing up the reception site with flowers & arrangement.

Cheers:
Carol

carol

Hi Enid,
Usually, they have a simple arrangement of flowers on the reception tables.

Mostly, the couple will bring a few of their wedding albums, & guest books. The hotel will also provide a Easel for the display of the wedding portrait.

My reception theme is "Shanghai Night" therefore wil do up the reception table will retro chinese decor, like oriental table cloth & so on.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

angel

Hi Carol

"Shangha Night" is cool...we are still thinking of what theme to use...but mine still long way
happy.gif

Hi Anna

do share ur feedback abt the food tasting...I will go for mine mostly likely in Oct or Nov this year cos my dinner is in Mar 2003.

carrie

Hi,
Can anyone advise on the size of the stage at HIPV? From what I can see from photos, seems like it's quite small?

carol

Hi Angel,
The idea came up by my hubby & myself, 7 to make the theme more outstanding, we'll be cracking our barins for more ideas....
Have been doing a lot of shooping on this area, looking for oldies, & tradtional stuffs...

Hey, take your take to choose the them that both of you love...

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

Carol,

You can use those 'cheongsam' cloth to make ang bao box or even to wrap guest book!
it will look really good and go with your theme. I can email you the instructions if you want.

Rest of the gals.. It's really easy. Just cut & paste! Just get the cloth you like and wrap it up! Let me know if you want the instructions: [email protected].

carol

Hi Angel,
Do update us of your wedding prepartions as well.
happy.gif

Hi Orchid,
That what I'l be doing... to the Ang bao box, as for the guest book, I'll be using a tradtional guest sign-up scroll with our wedding pics,(I'm wearing a kwa) printing on it.

My E-mail:
[email protected]

Thanks.
Cheers:
carol
happy.gif

stars

Hi Orchid,
You think you can email me the instructions too.
Thank you
[email protected]

Hi Carol
Nice to see you here. Hope everything is well

Hi SP
How are you? Still busy? If I am not wrong our wedding date very near rite? How's your preparation

stars

G

geogeo

Hi all HIPV brides to be,

I attended the sunday bridal show and the place is very grand and impressive.
But too bad I can only take the orchid rm bec of tables constraints
sad.gif

The ceiling in orchid rm very low and does seems as grand as the crystal rm.Don't know is it bec the rm is not fully set up.
Has anyone seen the orchid rm fully set up b4?
Or anyone attended wedding there?
Pls help.......

carol

Hi Stars,
Thanks, I'm fine, as you know, I'm busy with my reception decor... So got to do lots of shopping & cordinations...

So how's your preparations going on?

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

angel

Hi Carol

I will definitely keep u gals informed...however due to my exam (in June) so everything have to come to a standstill till after mid June. Meanwhile busy preparing for exam so is my FH but I will still try to come here to chat wif u gals whenever I can
happy.gif

Hi Orchid

it's really kind of u to offer the help...u must be someone very good wif handicraft
happy.gif

Can u oso email me the instructions as well @ [email protected]. Really appreciate. Thanx
happy.gif

Hi Geogeo

I have not seen the Orchid room so I don't think I offer any advise.

carol

Hi Angel,
Sure no problem.... Will see you here..

I still come in & chat with all HIPV brides here even after my wedding to share my experiences...

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

Hi..
OK will email you.
I didn't use to be good at craft... but this was really easy. all cut and paste. anyone can do! it's fun too!

carol

Hi Orchid,
I haven't received your file yet, I think you've left out the attached file the last time...

Thanks.

Cheers:
Carol
kiss.gif

S

sp

Hi carol, angel , stars , blue ocean , orchid ,

Did you attend the bridal show ? I just dropped by and wanted to say hi to Eugenia but she's very very busy, Seems like this year's bridal show is just as great as last year's. Congrats to all the brides who sign up !!!!
I tasted the hi tea food and I must say it's pretty good and definitely up to my expectation. I love the yam paste and mango pudding, now I'm at a loss which dessert to choose. How I wish I can have both, hahahaha.

Hi stars
Thanks for your concern, my wedding is in Nov this year but how I wish it's next month, I can't wait to get over with it but at the same time I wish it's not so soon too as after putting in so much effort, it'll all be over in one day, sigh. How contradicting, huh ?

hi geogeo
I must say the ballroom is definitely more beautiful than Orchid room. But I guess both rooms project a different image, one is grand while the other is cozy, lor. Maybe you can fix an appt with the wedding consultant to view the orchid room setup before you decide, lor.
I think the promo package is valid until July.

hi anna
nice to have you here with us, please keep us updated. Thanks

SP

angel

Hi Orchid

have not received ur mail yet.

Hi SP

we attended the bridal show...u mean u were there too. I came in late (at abt 4pm). Yup, Eugenia was really busy that day but we managed to speak to her for a while.

orchid

HI...
I haven't sent the mail yet. was out whole day yesterday and very busy with reno designer. will send u this weekend ok?

carol

Hi SP,
Glad to hear from you.
happy.gif

No, I wasn't at the bridal show, 'cos I'm sick during last weekend. I received a mail from Eugenia, telling me that the Bridal show was a great success.

Come to think of it, my wedding will be in 2mths time, I have the same feeling as you, looking very much to that day while thinking, I'll miss all those days when me & my hubby are looking at the bridal gown, choosing the wedding flowers & writing the invitation cards. However, these will be kept in my memories forever.

Hope to see more HIPV brides here in the future.

Hi Orchid,
It's alright, wil be waiting patiently.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

angel

Hi Orchid

okie no problem.

Hi Carol

do take care...probably due to the flu bug or u must have been working too hard for ur wedding. Take plenty of fruits and drink lotsa H2O and rest is important too.

carol

Hi angel,
Thanks for your concern... Now, my hubby is going to monitor me very closely, he'll make sure I've enough rest, no more late nights & over stress due to our wedding preparations.

Hahaha... he really treat me like a kid.

What to do, have already been blacklisted
before!

Cheers:
carol
lame.gif

stars

HI Carol

You sick? Better now? Remember to rest more and relax. I am sure everything will turn out well.

Take care.

Hi to all

Take care too. The weather not that good. Very warm esp in the afternoon.

stars

carol

Hi Stars,
Thanks for asking....
I'm alright already.... Sick due the the bad weather & stress....

So now, getting time to relax & rest more, just to prepare myself throughly for my coming wedding.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

Hi carol, stars & angel,
I've just sent the email with the instructions. Hope you can follow easily
happy.gif

I didn't even know they had a bridal show!! Would have gone to take a look at the setup.

carol

Hi Orchid,
Thanks for the instructions. I've recived it.
I think will start doing it soon.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

Hi Carol & Angel, hope it turns out nice!!
Don't think you need much cloth. The last time i made a tissue box the same way, I used abt half metre of cloth only. ang bao box will need to be bigger... about twice or 3 times the size.

I realise i have 1 month to start doing my craft work on the wedding cards!!! *gasp*

anna

Dear ladies,

I am going for my food tasting tomorrow...hope everything go well....
Will let u guys know abt the food......

stars

HI Anna

Waiting for your comments about the food. Do you need to pay for the food tasting?
Thank you

Hi Orchid

Thank you for the instructions. I think I will do it later. Your wedding coming soon rite? When huh? I forgot sori

stars

anna

Hi Stars,

No I don't need to pay for my food tasting cos it's a complimentary(6 course for 8 persons) if I confirmed 30 tables for my wedding. How abt u, are you going for food tasting? And when is ur big day?

carol

Hi Orchid,
Yap, will be getting the materials this weekend, thanks for reminding me about that.

Hi Anna,
Do update us of the outcome of the food tsting, BTW, which menu have you choosen?

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

S

sp

Hi Anna

Food tasting today !? wow, must update us OK ?
Really looking forward to my food tasting too but not so soon.

SP

anna

Hi Carol/SP,

Ok..the food turn out well...I have choosen menu C with chinese Pancake as my dessert. How abt u Carol, which menu will you choose?

For menu C, dish 6(Braised Sliced Abalone & Mushrooms with Lettuce) and dish 7(Mixed mushrooms wrapped with beancurd skinin bamboo pith), these 2 dishes are quite similar, I think will be quite sickening if you see both of these dish with mushrooms right, so we requested to replaced dish 6's mushroom to sea cucumber. The hotel stated no problem.
As for dish 5, sauteed prawns with yam ring, this is good, the prawns is so big!
I don't know whether all these food will taste as the same during the actual day wedding, hope everything go well...

carol

Hi Anna,
Great to hera that your food tasting turn out fine.
Since my wedding is on Sunday, I'll be choosing between menu A & menu B....
I really hope it will be as great too...

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

hey.. i suddenly had an idea of what to do with the plain white cards!! got it while having fever and on MC sleeping *L*. I'll be running a ribbon thru it and will be printing words on metallic paper. it looks really good now.

Anna
I'll probably be having the same menu. I like chinese pancake & the yam ring thing.

anna

Hi Orchid,

Really, The yam ring is really good, especially when you saw the big fat prawn....
When is ur wedding?
Yes, I agreed with you that the plain white card is really plain. I just printed one litte picture and with my name and my husband name outside the card...
Actually the chilled mango pudding with fruit cocktail is not bad too....I mean the dessert..

anna

Hi forever,

Yes, right seabass in Teochew style...I din tried the 1st dish cos I can only choose 6 dishes for the food tasting, so I choose the 2nd dish onward.

For the chicken, I think not bad loh got fried cracket..
When is ur wedding? Are you taking this menu too??

orchid

Hi anna,
My wedding is in Sep 14. When's yours?

Yums... thanks for sharing. we didn't have the food tasting cos didn't want to pay $300 for it. didn't come complimentary cos we had less than 30 tbls. and besides the comments we had from our friends so far was that Holiday Inn had really good food.

S

sp

Dear Anna

Thanks for the feedback. Will take note on the similar dishes. Hmm, heard that the 'live' prawns are very good too, now I'm at a loss which one to choose. I'm glad that another couple agrees that the food is good. Well, it seems like all the dishes are good now, it's a matter of which style of cooking you prefer.

Welcome forever. When's your wedding ?

Hi carol
Do feedback on your food tasting when the time comes ?

SP

anna

Hi Orchid,

My wedding is in 15/06/2002...less than one month from now.
yes, you are right, most of the comments was the food was good.
Anyway, hope everythings go well. Any how ur preparaton for your wedding?

orchid

Hi Anna,

Preparations are going well... except that my parents can't decide who to invite (or rather who not to invite) for the dinner. Did you have the same problem with your invitations?

have also started doing my craft work for the invites. It's a DIY!! I bought several of my stuff from concourse. they're really value for money. eg. i bought 1m of organza ribbon from a craft shop at $1.20 - to do the prototype. then went to concourse, got them for $9 per roll, which was 30 cents per metre!! can you imagine how much the craft shops are making??

anna

Hi Orchid,

Same here....I think the whole preparation, I dislike the planning of who to invite and who not to invite.

I think will be more to come, this Sunday is my guo da li. I just booked my cake at this prima deli.
I choose those assorted cakes, 10 pcs per box.
What do you mean by craft work for the invite? Invitation card? You are not going to use the hotel wedding inviting card?

carol

Hi Orchid,
Me too, headache when it comes to who to invite & worst to plan the seating allcoation.

I'm also doing some DIY art work for my invitation cards, will be doing up the envelopes with embossed stamping & the tying the cards with organza ribbons.

Hi Anna,
Woh, really fell excited for you...
So have you prepared all the things needed for your Guo Da Li???

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

anna

Hi carol,

Most of the things are done, wedding card for my mother & father's relative already ready. Cake already ordered, and the rest, I think will be done by my husband's side.

Your wedding invitation card must be very nice, especially with the orgnaza ribbons.

carol

Hi Anna,
Glad to hear that!
biggrin.gif

Guess you must be quite relaxed now.

Hahaha..... My card quite ok lah.... I love it very much 'cos it's the creation & hard work of me & my hubby.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

orchid

Hi Anna,

I'm using the white card from the Hotel. But DIY-ing the printing and the ribbons. We're printing using our color printer on to metallic paper.

My mom is procrastinating on the 'guo da li' items. she says she doesn't know what to ask for. so i told her that i'm giving her 1 month to think about it, sit down with my aunt (who's pretty of fait) and talk about it.

We're probably getting the cakes from Prima Deli too!

S

sp

hey, i'm going to concourse to get the ribbons to tie on my cards too ! I saw Eugenia's sample card and hers was simple and beautiful. She got the ribbons from concourse too and had to tie one by one ! Phew, what hard work. But it's once a life time, right ? So it better be worth all the effort, lor.
Now I'm thinking what colour to use, cream to match the card or other colour to make it more out standing ?
Orchid, what colour ribbon did you use ?

SP

orchid

Hi SP,

I'm using organza ribbons with gold trimmings. You can go to Spotlight or other craft shops like Kalms to take a look at the range of ribbons there are and compare against the card to see which ones you like.

Then buy like 1m to make a sample and bring it to concourse to get the full roll. Quite hard to look & compare at concourse cos they're all cramped in the shelves.