HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

chua_family2003

Hi corvette,

I didn't negotiate nor signed with Patrick after he revised his quote for the third time.He going to start work on this Thursday.I compare his quote with one of the ID firm & find that ID firm actually also higher 4-5K.That why I decide on Ho Bee.The ID firm even charge me on the protection sheets but Patrick did not.However,there one thing is that Patrick is too busy & u have to call & rush him.Now really hope he can do a gd job after hearing so many gd comments on his works.how much did he quote u?Mine is about $11-12K.

corvette

Hi Chua,
You mean you didn't signed with Patrick and he's going to start work liao???
kao_dizzy.gif

have you select ur tiles... etc?? i scare later signed liao hard to negotiate the price. mine is abt 30K like tat coz mine is resales, need to hack away almost everything.

rachelcheng

Hi Corvette,

Patrick price is either take it or leave it one.. We tried to negotiate but to no avail. he said that he already discounted liao when he add on the final quote.Honestly, his quote is already cheaper by others at least by 1K and above lor,... so even no discount also OK. Moreover you already said anotehr id quote 5-7K higher?? then of course you should rush patrick!

corvette

Hi Rachel,
ya, i agreed that his quote is lower than others... guess will called him tmr to chase for the quote. hopefully my reno can start by this week
happy.gif

falkor

Hi Corvette,
I didn't negotiate with Patrick either. actually he's so much cheaper already, I don't see what to cut down on.
I didn't bother too much about a so called "final" quote to sign off on. In the end the REAL final one is different cos we kept adding things in and taking things out. As long as we know his approximate price range, we were ok with it. he's so nice, he did quite a few 'extra' things for us.

I heard his computer was down lately, so maybe that's why he didn't reply.

chua_family2003

Hi corvette,

ya,we didn't sign with him yet but he willing to start work first cause we have selected that auspicious day to start reno.Mine is a condo so only do some carpentary work,grilles,electrical rewiring etc...Actually Patrick's did more things & still even cheaper then what's the ID firm quote me.That why I feel that he already given a very gd price to me.Moreover,heard so much gd comments & even seen some of the house's pic done by him fm this thread on Patrick's workmanship,I really hope he can do the same for mine too.

Hi everyone,

Now,I don't know how to design my feature wall & the altar.Anyone have any suggestion to help me.Do patrick do some design drawing too?

corvette

thanks atreyu and chua for sharing with me ur experience with Ho Bee. Will be chasing him for the final quote.

Hi Chua,
do you find a feng Shui master to calculate for you the auspicious date to start reno??

rachelcheng

hi chua,

You can ask patrick to get malcom to do the design for you...If not, you can go to the library to search for design ideas from those home mag. we did that too!

corvette

Hi everyone,
Can i check with those who have already completed their reno with Ho Bee. For the final pricing, is it base on the quotation you've signed or during reno time if there's any additional or deduction of the cost Patrick will re-draft the quotation?

falkor

hi corvette,
Patrick will re-draft based on what was actually done. cos I think everyone changes their mind about what to do in the course of the reno. (you add stuff and take away stuff) actually mine is not completely finished yet (still got rectifications and some extra stuff), but i made the final payment already. he brought along the old quote for me to compare against the real final one.

jackohy

Hi Rachel and bearyhugs,

Please share your pics & quotation with me too.
I'm looking for an ID at the moment.
Thanks.

chua_family2003

Hi corvette,

I didn't find a Feng Shui master for the date.I chk out the date on those traditional calendar which will tell u those dates can 'ton tu'& pray three days before u start reno works.
Another way is to request Patrick to meet u at your new house & at the same time,he can quote u base on site measure.It's more accurate & he can also advise u on some reno things.

Hi Rachel,

Thanks.Will chk out some design magazines.

Hi atreyu,

Can share with me your home pic if u have taken.

corvette

Thanks chua and atreyu. How's the progress of the reno for you guys?
I've gotten patrick quote last night and met him up to discuss on the quote. Finally, we've confirm to let patrick do the renovation. He'll be arranging for us to go down to select the tiles next week. I'm sooo excited
bounce.gif
, finally after sooo many months of searching and waiting, our reno going to start soon.

turtle

Hi all

I am also using Patrick from Ho Bee.

He is indeed a busy man, must call and remind him often. Same goes for me too.

I am not in a hurry to move in, so no problem for me.

chua_family2003

Hi corvette,

Ah keong went up to cover my house with the protection sheets yesterday & I will be meeting Patrick & his carpenter on Sun.Hubby said maybe Patrick will request us to make our first payment & signed up with him.How much did he quote u for your reno?

Hi Melody,

100% agreed with u that Patrick is so busy,always have to call him instead of he calls us.Sometimes so scared that will he remember what we want but so far so gd,no problems.How long have u started your reno & did he promise when he will complete?Now worry that can he finish mine in time cause I will have to move in by Jan as my flat already sold.On the other hand,don't want to rush him so that he can do it nicely.

Hi all,

can anyone advise me what are the stages of the reno eg:do false ceiling,then follow by electrical,painting etc.My BIL will help me to do the painting so need to know when he can come.

Thanks

rachelcheng

Hi Covette,
Congrats and Good luck for your reno!

chua,
Always tot you are male till now haha.Ok for my case, the electrical came first b4 the false ceiling. The painting came after the false ceiling. patrick will advise you on when they should come for the painting. Patrick didn't make it on time for my reno too. One week late. but we still move in first and allowed him to come back on weekends to complete lor.. The touch up and completion took almost a month plus, but OK for us since we can move in first.

falkor

Hi Corvette,
mine is almost finished, but there are some things outstanding.

I think altho Patrick is so busy, he's always ok with receiving our calls at all times of the day. and even if he doesn't pick up, he always called us back. I think we'll miss making our frequent calls to him once our final things are completed!

yup electrical came before false ceiling. I think floor came after that, then painting then carpentary. but there was another round of painting even after carpentary (extra coats esp for the dark walls). just ask Patrick when your BIL shld come in

turtle

Hi chua!

I haven't started my reno, he will be starting next week, but I need to confirm with him cos that date don't seem to be a good one. I must check the almanac again.

corvette

Hi Chua,
In this third quote, he quoted us ard 31K. But we've removed and added some stuff in it. He say will revised the forth quote and email us. He said that don't need to sign right now, coz the quote will still change one, but i've not ask him when should we gib him the first 40%.

*hi-five to Rachel* Heehee i also tot Chua is a male :p

hi atreyu, Congrats on ur completion of the reno.
You always called Patrick, did you SMS him?? coz i usually SMS him but no reply one leh. Think must called him to bug on him :p
Btw is it convenient for you to share with me your hse pics? Thanks in advance

eling

Hi all, I'm thnking of going for a contracto rlike Ho Bee instead of an ID.. wat do you all think? We just got our punggol flat and he layout is exactly the same as the punggol showflat .. so thinking can just reno exactly like the showflat.

corvette

Hi Eling,
For Ho Bee, you got to provide them with the design that you wanted coz they are not ID firm so design wise not as creative as ID company. Maybe you can flip thru those Design magazine and show them to Patrick and ask him to quote you.

chua_family2003

Hi Corvette & Rachel,

Hahaha..it's OK.Maybe have to change username to Mrs chua_family2003.
Meet up with Patrick & his carpenter yesterday.Basically,already finialise the whole reno items with sample drawings on my carpentries except my feature wall design.Even those small samll items,Patrick is so kind to give FOC & helps us to install some accessories for us.In the end,Patrick didn't request us to make payment yet & told us that he will start reno on next Mon cause he don't want to disturb my neighbour who is a Indian.

Hi Eling,

u can always call Patrick for a quote first & compare with other ID's firms.As for mine,I only compare his quote with another ID firm & already find that Patrick is cheaper than 4-5K & on top of that Patrick did not charge some of the things like protection sheets & final cleaning.ID charge me $200 for the two items.
Another things which u must take into consideration is their worksmanship & how others comments on theirs contractors or ID.I prefer contractor than ID cause maybe I'm an old- fashion woman always thinks that ID know how to design & draw only.Secondly,I didn't do alot of reno,just very simple & basic things for the sake of my hyperactive son,everythings have to be child-proof.
I also copy some of the design of the showflat & even request Patrick to view the showflat too.

eling

Hi corvette and MRS Chua ... tks for the advice. I just came back from Cis**rn, spent 2 hrs there, and very pleased w her service. She say w get back to us w the quotation in 1 week's time.

Tried to search for Ho Bee's website but couldn't find any ... do they have 1? Probably could you give me Patrick's contact pls? Tks

falkor

Hi corvette,
we usually called Patrick, if we needed to ask him details about something. but if it was not urgent, just a reminder, a yes/no question or late, then we would SMS. as far as I can recall, he would usually reply within a reasonable amt of time. I think if its a long wordy answer you need, better to call him

Eling,
there's no website. he doesn't have a shopfront either (prob that's why he can quote us less?)
You can get him at 96792934

rachelcheng

patrick has a factory for the capentry and a office, but its not those kind of shop front. He is opening a shopfront soon, but he din wan to let us know where it is leh..Maybe not confirm yet dats Y he din wan to reveal much. Patrick's sms reply so far the longest is "roger". The shortest is "OK" haha!

aeina

Recently, my heater spoilt and wires in it have melt off. Patrick came over to install heater for free, and even gave me a free heater. well, the heater has a defective hose but other than that, it is working fine. We don't mind having a free heater. In addition, he also helped us with my windows. my flat is a resales flat so he got a licensed window installer to help us out at foc once again. My reno has completed 2yrs ago and he is still helping us out. i must give him 2 thumbs up for his good service.

bearyhugs

Hi aeina,
Long time no see. We've also completed our reno for abt a yr already and still keep in touch with patrick. Recommended a lot of our frens to him as well. His aftersales service is good.

Send to all those who have asked for the link. Humble hse reno only.
happy.gif

corvette

Finally after the long wait, we've finally selected our tiles and will do the hacking of our house next week. I must say patrick is a very nice guy, as we didn't know how to go down to the tile supplier showroom, he came to our place to pick us up. During the selection, he'll gib us some advice on whether the tile combination nice a not.

koxxic

hi guys and gals, I have been hearing so much about Ho Bee. Without further ado, me and my FW has decided to use their service. I'm sure everything will work out just fine.

Anyway, i got a resale as well and it will be ready by end Dec or early Jan for the paperwork.
Once done, it's Ho Bee and Patrick we go..

Will keep u all updated once i'm in the process of reno.

By the way, if I call Patrick and quote that someone recommend, will it be easier?

aeina

Hi Bearyhug,
Long time no see.... been very busy with work until want to "peng sang" already.

Yes, corvette, Patrick also gave us advice on what tiles suit better to our theme etc. He can be a quiet man but u ask him, he will tell u.
happy.gif

rachelcheng

Koxxic,

He won't ask anyway cos he knew that most of us got his detail thru this forum lor... Yep keep us updated! Tho my reno was long over, but I can't help to come back here as often as I can haha! Same for aeina and bearybugs! Think aeina is the oldest customer of patrick...

my_rock_baby

happy.gif
I also can't help coming back once a while. alamak, I still haven move in to my new house... can only move during the Christmas holidays (imagine people eating turkey, I moving house)

vinster

Koxxic,
There's no need to say if someone recommend you to Ho Bee. I did not tell him either. Got his quote and compared with others who had engaged his service and the price is the similar. So Patrick is an honest guy although sometimes a little absent-minded.

acer27

Hi Rachel,
when you hack the wall thru the existing store room to make a walk in wardrobe, did you damage any of your downstair neighbour flat due to the knocking and hacking?

corvette

Finally, my house started the hacking, the workers are very fast only the first day, kitchen, living RM Bedrooms already hacked away. Wall between my WIW & Bedroom 2 was hacked off too. I can say so far so good
happy.gif
Only problem is the previous owner hacked away the wall between Bedroom 2 & 3 for their wardrobes and we didn't know abt it. Now we got to build back that wall...
sad.gif
another cost incurred.

kopi_siudai

Hi Koxxic,

If you have set your mind on Ho Bee, that's great! Keep to it. We're happy for you.

For us, we never regret choosing Ho Bee. In fact, Patrick is a very nice person. He has good listening ears and gives good and most importantly, honest suggestions and advise to us that helps us keep our reno budget within our means.

We are very appreciative of his service. For our house, we are fortunate to have great tiling workers. The boys did a superb fantastic job on our flooring.

And the tiling boys have very good nature attitude. Not those kind of rough workers with bad temper.

We are very pleased with the good team of workers which Patrick assigned to our house.

kopi_siudai

Hiiiiii Rachel,

Long time no talk. How have you been?

Myself, I have been very busy lately with the house reno and work. Very stress out!

You know, most people relax at 4th Quarter coz work activities slow down ... staff go on leave, etc. Whereas, I'm struggling at work and working late. *sigh ...*

By the way, my hubby is toying with the idea of having bamboos + potted plants at our recess area ... infront of main door. Good or no good?