HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

bearyhugs

Strez,
Thanks for the compliments. Flat layout was more of less fixed by HDB. But we did hack off one of the kitchen walls and changed the entrance due to fengshui reasons.

To the rest who hav asked for the link, hav jus sent.

acer27

hi bearyhugs.

Please share your house pics with me
happy.gif

Thanks.

[email protected]

koxxic

Really fortunate to have found this thread.
Was on the lookout for my flat and totally lost about who or where to start.

Would really appreciate some help here if anyone could send me link of pics of their flats done by Patrick, quotations etc etc.

[email protected] can't wait to get my flat and start on the reno.

koxxic

anyway, notice some of the reno cost comes up to $33k - $40k.

Can i also check how do you all pay for it?

By bank loan or cash? I have this friend of mine who paid their reno fully by cash. But my savings where got so much?

rachelcheng

Hi calvin,
For my case, we paid cash via 3 or 4 instalments. But I believed that Patrick can help to apply loan for reno, you may call and ask him regarding this as I am not 100% sure. Ho Bee do not believe in reno packages, I asked him this question b4. He believes that every house is different and he prefers tailor made and yet at very competitive prices. You can be assured that there is NO hidden cost once quotation is finalised.

koxxic

Hi Rachel, thanks for the info and help.

Are u able to send me pics of your home? Hope to see some of their works before committing.

koxxic

Hi Rachel,

Thanks. U really have a nice and cosy home.
Notice the entrance to the dining are laminated flooring, that's really nice.

I love your living room. nice place to laze ard but your TV set can go bigger (will be even better)
happy.gif

Will show this pics to my wife and we can decide on Ho Bee liao.

Thanks

Anyone has anymore home pics to send that was done by Patrick?

chua_family2003

Hi Rachel,

can I view your home pic too?

Hi Calvin,

I've also decided on Ho Bee too.Have u got the quote fm Patrick?Now,I'm waiting for the advise to see where my "alter"(sorry if I misspell,chinese praying),then I will request Patrick to start work.Still have not sign up yet.
What will u be doing?Me only a little bit.

Hi Beryhugs & my rock baby,

saw your house pic,really impress by the works fm Patrick,very neat & nice.

bearyhugs

Hi to all the rest who've asked for the link, jus sent!
Actually, we din spend much on reno, everything was well within our budget.

alden

wah... rachel, your house really become an icon of ho bee leh... think ho bee reputation really jump after your house project... think you can put a signboard outside your house saying "open to public daily from 10am-10pm. then you just sit outside and collect cover charge. HAHA....

rachelcheng

haha, beary house is my inspiration. her house gave me quite some ideas. Ho bee has many very well done houses if you can run thru the threads. Those I can rememeber from Fanyong, aeina, beary, rockbaby, shuhann and more which i have missed out!

Mr Chua,
sent!

koxxic

Hi Bearyhugs,

your home is so nicely done. everything is so detailed. I love the platform part in your living room.

your MBR is one solid place. the WIW and featured wall looks great. can check how much you spend all in all?

gkf

Hi all,

Normally, how long does it take for patrick to return with design and quotation after you have given him your floor plan?

Thanks.
GKF

rachelcheng

Legan,
you gorgot your email add.

GKF,
Think he will only provide quotation just like other contractors b4 you sign up with him. Design wise think not very fair to ask him for it since you have not confirmed with him.

You must push him for it, don't wait for him to get back to you. Cos he will forget. sometimes he is very forgetful.

jla

Hi Rachel,

If I sign up with Patrick, will I get perspective drawing of the house? Does the designer will help us to choose our wall colour?

Anyway may I have ur contact for false ceiling too? Is it urs cheaper than Patrick? How abt electrical, do u have e contact too?

My email add: [email protected]

PS: Sorry for asking so much already

TIA
happy.gif

gkf

Hi Rac,

If he is not doing the design, how will he be able to quote me? Or should I be give him a design of what I want before he can quote?

Thanks.

rachelcheng

Hi jla,
For my false ceiling, it might not be cheaper than patrick. We engaged him because we have common friends. I can you give the contacts tomorrow. I don;t have it with me today. Also, I didn't ask patrick to give me any pers drawing.

GKF
think you have to give him a design if i am not wrong. You can ask him, he is in the best position to advise you.

gkf

Hi Rac,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you give him an design before he quote you if yes, how detailed is the design?

Can I say that we need to engage external designers to design and draw the picture in order to allow Patrick to quote?

Thanks and regards,
Kok Fei

rachelcheng

Hi GKF,
We just roughly draw it in our floor plan about where to hack, build wall etc.. Patrick is more of a contractor so design maybe you have to come up with your own.
Not sure if the others like beary come up with own design or by patrick? Maybe can advise?

bearyhugs

Hi GFK n Rachel,
We came up with the design ourselves too. But we also work with his designer Malcom so it was like a partial business thingy. Apparently, now Ah Keong can draw quite well too if you can let him know your requirements.

happylee

hi everyone,

thought of asking Ho Bee to do my renovation also so i called Patrick & he ask me to email him my flrplan & brief description of what i want to do. atfer sometime, Malcom email back to me with his quotation. but comparing his quotation with another quotation i have from another contractor, Malcom's quote is obviously higher. as i have a tight budget but at the same time hope to find a really good contractor. i thought lot of people said that Ho Bee is good & they have reasonable pricing, but why is my quotation more expensive? Can anyone pls help me...?

btw Rachel, can u pls share the ur quotation & ur pics wif me?

Thanks. [email protected]

rachelcheng

Dear gals,
I do not have any soft copy of my quotation. I can send you my home pics.

Happylee,
Patrick's quotation is 100% no hidden cost. Do not be taken in by low quotation. For some contractors, they say no hidden cost. but then when you start your reno, he will tell you that you need to do this in order to do that if not nothing can be done etc etc etc and in the end you ended up paying more. One way is to include all details and compare. Eg: if you want to add a feature door for a wardrobe, you should ask for the quote not only the door, but the hacking of the wall to make the door, building any false wall or ceiling to accomodate the size of the door etc. In any case, there are few contractors who can beat patrick's price.. For my case,I have around ten quotations before deciding on patrick. Only 2 are lower than patrick with no hidden cost. but not significantly lower, so I still choose patrick lor...So far No regrets...

falkor

Hi Happylee,

I definately have no regrets about going with patrick too. his service is great, he's friendly, and he helps us thinks things through before saying whether it can/can't be done.

Actually part of it is how comfortable you feel with the contractor too. I'm quite wary of those who are pushy or try to sell packages. always hidden costs and so on. So go with who you feel comfortable with, but make sure when you compare quotes you are comparing the same thing and there are no hidden costs.

corvette

Hi All,
i need to check with you guys, do you negotiate on the pricing with Patrick first b4 signed off or after signed off??? I've being waiting for quite sometimes for his 3rd revised quote (still hv not receive) and if there are more changes to the quote, i'm afraid will drag on
sad.gif
hope to have my house done up b4 CNY. I wonder should i wait for his quote or just choose other ID, price difference is ard 5~7K
sad.gif
now very trouble *sigh*