HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

alden

Btw guys, for a 10ft WIW, in PVC finished c/w parition backing costs 2.6k isit ex?? i got this quote from some other reno. firm. just wanna know what the price range for this kind of carpentry works. Care to share???

alden

Hi rachel, so how's your reno going on?? when you shifting in? Btw, have you hear or seen malcolm works before?? can comment?? the whole thread seems like only talking bout patrick and ah keong..nothing much about malcolm leh...

acer27

How long later normally Patrick then submit his quote to you? I have waited almost 1 months already and have called him also.

rachelcheng

Alden,
I have already shifted in. My reno took 2 months. Think I ran thru the ho bee thread, i did see some comments on malcom. That is why i know he existed in ho bee. you have to run thru the threads again. if they are using same workers, then should be alright. I don't remeber seeing any negative remarks about malcom..

Acer,
As i am not in a hurry that time, I asked for a quote in feb. He did not get back to me at all after a few weeks. During that time, i was waiting for other comtractors quotations as well lor.. the rest got back to me faster. A few of them quite pushy and kept pestering. On my side i kept pestering patrick haha.Once i decided on patrick, that was already april. There were a lot of revised quotation as and when I change or add something. We managed to confirm everything in May and started reno late May. So it took me 3 months to settle everything. But mine is different case cos there is one period whereby I did not get back to patrick and nearly signed up with another firm.maybe you need to bring across the message to patrick that you want his service and not just quotation. As you know he is so busy, he do not want to waste time quoting for people who just want his quotation so as to mark down another's competitors price. Also, it is best to meet him up instead of just thru email. We even asked him to come down to our house to take measurement so as to quote. Its better that way lor..

acer27

hi Rachel,

Certainly Patrick will be one of top pick after seeing ur house Pics and the feedback i got here. But still need to see if his price is right for me. I actuallly ask him to go to my flat to take a look when i ask for his quote.

Btw, are you using chimney extractor fan for the kitchen?

rachelcheng

Patrick just left my house. He is really superb, willing to come on sunday to help me with the window casement thingy.. All of us overlooked this as I din ask him to change my windows. I can only say thumbs up for his after sales service.

Acer,
maybe you can remind him for your quotation? Via sms also can. usally if you are not in a hurry to move in, he will not be too kan jong. Mine is chimney hood.

pebsb

shuhann - i saw that you've a slim hood for your house, and a really nice black tempered glass hod? May I know what brand/model?
Due to lack of space in kitchen, I'm thinking of getting a slim hood, but not sure if the suckion is good enough (think its <600)

shuhann

pebs,
both the hod and hood is EF brand..the suction for the hood is around 600-650 (can't remember)..i wouldn't recommend u on that brand of hood coz i tried once n the kitchen is still so oily n smelly, suction not so gud after all..regret getting tat..i m not sure about chimney, mayb u can check wih those using chimney..

as for the glass hod, u have to consider the space in between them..mine has 3 cooker but i can only use 2 at a time because the middle one is too close to the other 2..so kinda regret getting tat too but at tat time we did not see the physical set as no set was available, juz thot it looks alright in the picture n we were looking for a glass one..nevertheless, still like the design..

pebsb

shuhann - thanks for the frank advice. I was also worried that the 600 suction not enough, despite my small kitchen (4.2m x 2m).
Im also consdering a small stove <800cm. Oh the middle one cant use ah?
Anyone has those one big on left, and 2 small on right - is that better?

rachelcheng

Alden,
you are welcome and thks for your comment.

cool,
sorry tht i dunno which is hood or hob. But the tall chimney on top is from EF and the stove is from turbo..

kopi_siudai

Hi Rachel,

How's your EF Chimney and Turbo stove? You using citygas or those cylinder gas tank type?

By the way, where is Minsheng located?

my_rock_baby

Hi, if u do a lot of heavy cooking, I would advise u to spent more on your hood and get this fujioh brand.
U may want to visit any Hoe Kee branch for a demo. U will be impressed with that
happy.gif

http://www.fujioh.com.sg/main.html

I did not buy the high end 800MK2 model because not cheap (er I think is around $600-$700,not very sure also). Instead I bought the FIT900 model because when I compare the spec between different model, I find this affordable yet comparable with the other high end model....
The reason why I take notice of Fujioh is because my colleague she bought the older model 1000LD few years ago (I think this model is replace by the new 800MK2 model) and she swear that she only need to clean the cabinet once every 2 months although her mother-in-law do heavy cooking everyday.... hmmm I haven used my FIT900 yet so cannot comment too much
happy.gif

Another brand of hood that I keep on seeing a lot of forumer say "GOOD" is Bellari brand. They mentioned something about the suction is "very powerful". hmmm I did visit Bellari before and like the design of their hood and hob and sink butin the end did not buy any from them because I still prefer to stick to some of the brands that people commonly use. Here is Belleri's website :

http://www.bellari.net/hoods.htm

btw, if you want to buy cheaper hood/hob/electrical appliances, etc etc, here's a list of the HDB shop that sell cheap cheap (never buy from those big names... like their name, their price also BIG BIG!!!) I save a lot just buying from these shops :

1.Lion City Co
Contact person : Joshua Ong
Tel : 94558515
Add : 684 Geylang Rd. Singapore 389608

2.Sweetsons Electrical Trading
Add: Blk 278 Bt Batok Ave 3 #01-263
Tel: 6563 2308, 65668150
Contact Person: Linda
no GST, no delivery charge

3.Maximum Credit Co Pte ltd
Add: Blk 121 #01-12 Bt Merah Lane 1 S(150121)
Tel: 6276 3331

4.Mega Discount Store Pte Ltd
Add : 112 East Coast Rd #B1-03 Katong Mall Singapore 428802
Tel : 6348 7998
Fax : 6348 7896

5.Ban Kim Chuan Enterprise Pte Ltd
Add: Bedok South
Tel: 6443 5298
Contact person: Mrs Tan

6.Goh Ah Bee
Add : Blk 210 Hougang St 21 #02-247 ((hougang south, near the hawker centre and the flower sellers, which is juz opposite kovan melody)
Tel : 6288 8611, 62803962

7.Ever Joint Electrical Trading
Tel : 64582578,
Add : Blk 159 Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 #01-534 Singapore 560159
free delivery and gst absorbed. cash only

8.Hong Liang Electrical Enterprise ** (someone say this is the cheapest)
Alxendra Village (opp. IKEA)
Add : Blk 123 Bukit Merah Lane #01-70
Tel : 62783331

9.Etronin
Tel : 67842525, 67817810

10.Asia Excel Marketing
Tel : 91052286 look for Ray
if you r looking 4 good prices n good service for hood, hob, sink, heaters, fridge, tv, washers, etc.
he's a freelance distributor of all these items. no overheads. thats y cheaper.

11.Meng Sheng
Addr : Blk 94, #01-16, Lorong 4, Toa Payoh
Singapore 310094.
Tel: 6354 4031/6256 4031
Tel : 63533031

Oh btw, I bought a combination of Fujioh Hood ($360) and Rinnai hob ($320) from Alex of Asia Excel Marketing. Thumbs up for his good service
happy.gif

rachelcheng

Dun buy from minsheng. Terrible service. I am using cylinder. Dunno if city gas is good. So far i have no complaints for my hood and hob.

my_rock_baby

eh Rachel, I just went to Isetan private sale today, bought a lot of household stuff. The best buy is a glass digital weighing scale for $59.90
happy.gif
... can't stop laughing now haaaa

kopi_siudai

Thank you my_rock_baby,

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to type out the list of lobang. I will definitely check it out.

Ah yo, talking about weighing scale, I'm disappointed with myself. Have to start watching what I eat. Ha!

my_rock_baby

no problem. I actually did not type out, just cut and paste from a "Renovation Document" that I received courtesy from one of the forumer here
happy.gif
... don't be so "gan dong" leh
happy.gif

oh, here's a picture of my "haven't used" hood and hob haaa... Now glass hob very IN THING, a lot of people using. Easy to clean somemore
happy.gif

316283.jpg

my_rock_baby

Hi cool,
I bought a combination of Fujioh Hood ($360) and Rinnai hob ($320) from Alex of Asia Excel Marketing. Thumbs up for his good service. er warranty, HAVE ... but I keep all warranty in my new house (er I still staying at old house now), so cannot find for you how many years. BUT I think should be same same as other brands.

novialim

Today we got to meet up with Malcom!
As it was raining, he was actually kind enough to pick us up to his office!!!

Both of us find him pretty funny and nice.
And his response time is so far the quickest.

First impression superb!

Pray pray that he will give us a nice, good quotation.....
And hope everything goes well for us!!!!!

rachelcheng

Novia,
No worries, he is sure to be as good as patrick cos they share the same company name haha! Patrick is so nice, i believe his partner will be as good.

gals,
So far i have bought stuffs from Ray(asia excel), hongliang, goh ah bee, minsheng, maximum credit(same company as hongliang) and Mega. Thanks to the list above hehe..

Service wise I will rate
1. Ray
2. Hongliang and maxi
3. Goh ah Bee
4. Mega
5. Minsheng

Price wise I suppose only, not a 100% accurate reflection cos bought diff things at diff places.

1.Minsheng (cheap but lousy... lousy service)
2.Hongliang n maxi
3.Ray from asia excel
4.Mega
5.goh ah bee (can be most ex cos cannot bargain, but can be a plus point since everyone who goes to that shop will get the same price. No worries that your fren gets a better bargain for the same product there hehe.)

kopi_siudai

Hi my_rock_baby,

I remembered seeing one of your earlier pictures on your kitchen. I saw you have 2 pull-out baskets installed in your kitchen cabinet.

May I know how much you paid for it?

I saw Sim Siang Choon at IMM selling but I find it expensive. What do you think?

kopi_siudai

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for the above feedback. This is helpful.

You and my_rock_baby take all the trouble to type this out for our knowledge and info ... really move me lah.

I appreciate much-much. Even if it's cut and paste ..., you are still taking the effort of putting together.

Xie Xie my_rock_baby!! Xie Xie Rachel!!

my_rock_baby

Hi kopi,
no problem
happy.gif

Patrick bought the pull out basket for me so I don't know how much or the brand. He so nice quite a number of things he give me FOC
happy.gif

kopi_siudai

Hi my_rock_baby,

Are the items mentioned FOC in black &amp; white on quotation or ... were the items given FOC as a surprise during your reno?

bearyhugs

Hi all,
Long time no post! I'm one of those early early customers of Patrick, Malcom and Ah Keong. Have met all three of them and worked with them. Been satisfied with their works and not forgetting their excellent afterservice. No worries if you have chosen them as your contractor. We've made friends with each other since then and even invited them to our wedding. They are nice ppl. But like what others have always commented, you have to get back to them and not the other way round cos they are not the pushy kind. We've rec several of our friends to them too as frens are all impressed with my hse reno with the tight budget that we could work with previously. As some of you rem, my hse is the famous bamboo hse which is the very first one that Ho Bee did.

Rachel, rockbaby, congrats to the completion of your hse reno! Mus be really happy now seeing the fruit of labour bearing and enjoying it now.

gkf

Hi all,

does Ho Bee Renovation Works has a website?

How about their address if I want to ask them for a quote?

Thanks
GKF

rachelcheng

Beary!!!
Long time no hear! haha. Thanks to you for your bamboo idea. It really make a difference to my house! Whenever my frens asked about the bamboos, i will mention your house as I am very attracted to your bamboos!

GKF,
you can call patrick up at 96792934. be prepared to wait cos he is very busy. Also have to take initiative to call him or sms him to remind him for your quotation. Think many are still queuing to get his quote, jus like me few months ago.he has no website. Dun think he will ever need one with the publicity here in SB forum.

bearyhugs

Hi kopi siudai,
Hav sent u the link.

Rachel, thanks. Guess our bamboo concept made Ho Bee famous too. Patrick and Ah Keong told us that he had many customers asking him to do the bamboo partition after seeing our hse.
happy.gif
At first, Ah Keong was still saying that ours would be the first and the last he would do cos its rather tedious.

gkf

Hi all,

Seen lots of good comments here.

Are there anyone who has upload their home pictures which is designed and done by Ho Bee?

Hope to have a look.
happy.gif

You can send the link to [email protected]

Thanks!
GKF

kopi_siudai

Hi bearyhugs,

Many thanks for sending me the link. Yes, I've received and viewed your house.

Wow! Very impressed with what you did. Well done! Looks like you did a thorough reno. Wahhh, a lot of carpentary too. Must have cost you a lot.

Did you have a design concept on your own or did Ho Bee helped you to manage the decor?

kopi_siudai

Hi Rachel &amp; Bearyhugs,

You know, I'm toying with the idea of having bamboos for my house too. Ha!

Both of you have given me such influence over bamboos, ah yo ...

By the way, these bamboos are treated bamboos, right? Won't rot, hor?

rachelcheng

Kopi,
The bamboos are treated and wont rot la haha.. By the way, the florist farm just beside Kovan mrt sells very cheap bamboos.. Cheaper than wat i have bot from farm mart, so if you want to get, can get from there...
So now Ho bee's reputation lies in the bamboos haha!

gkf

Hi all,

Planning to do Country Style, anybody has let patrick design and build their reno in Country Style.

Any pics to show?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
GKF

bearyhugs

Hi kopi_sudai,
Thanks for the compliments. Jus mention to Patrick n Keong that u have seen pictures of the bamboo hse they first made. They would know us immediately... I resend u the pic link as I updated some of the pics w our new bed added. :>

Strez, sent u the link already.