HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

matsu

Hi rachel,

Sorry, check with u again. thanks.

Abt your common toilet shower heads. U have total 3 outlets rite? The big shower head, the hand held shower head & the tap. So how many selectors do u have?

If u want to use the hand held 1, how many selectors do u need to adjust b4 u turn on the water?

I m trying to have the same combo but having prob telling the saleppls what r the stuff i need. Most of them keep telling me to do away with the hand held 1, they say vy troublesome, have to turn this then that but i want the hand held 1 too leh... thanks again
happy.gif

kopi_siudai

Hi Rachel ...........

Thank you dear ... I received your email already.

I never get tired seeing your house photos over and over again. Is as good as being virtually there. Really beautiful lah. But then hor, the owner more beautiful of course!

Did you come up with your own decor ideas or Patrick helps you with the ideas?

kopi_siudai

Hi shuhann,

Wahhh ... you have a lot of capentary done. How you managed to keep it at 33k? Fantastic lah! You must have super negotiation skills.

Pls advise me on some tips to talk to Patrick leh ...

In any case, we all wait for you to move in your new furnitures and make your house swee-swee, take more photos and show to us ok.

rachelcheng

rockbaby, matsu
Sent le!

Kopi,
My hubby design and tell patrick what he wants, patrick from there will give advise lor..Erm you say till i abit paiseh haha!!

matsu
there are 2 selector, one controlling the hand shower and rain shower, the other control the tap vs rain/hand shower. if you want the hand shower, just switch from tap to rain/hand shower, then from there choose either rain or hand shower.hope its not confusing.

matsu

rachel,

happy.gif
paiseh hor...ask u so many qns. thanks 4 being so nice.

saw the link liao, your hse really has the 'wow' effect, like some condo showroom. your hubby so good at designing.

mshoon

Hi my rock baby,

I like your full length windows and the layout of your house? Where is yr house located at? That is a 5 room rite? The 110m sq kind?

my_rock_baby

Hi hoon,
It is at Punggol Field Blk 199B, 5 room 110m sq. Nowadays a lot of flat has a combine living and dining area. I prefer to have both separately
happy.gif

my_rock_baby

Hi Rachel, I also using toshiba non-invertor. How do u like yours? I on it a few times and realised that each time I use the remote control to off the aircon, there will still be a green light flashing (is it the standby mode??). To get rid of the green light, I need to on the air con and off it again! ... hmmm my current old house air-con don't have this "feature" leh. Also, the aircon look too WHITE (my mother even commented that it looks plastic haaa) Anyway, I find it quiet (most important) and cooling (most most important)
happy.gif

pebsb

Hello, I saw Shuhann's place last sat. Its nicer in real life than pix. Shuhann & hubby were there too
happy.gif
Thanks so much for allowing us to intrude heh

I also saw 1 at 316A (low floor) - that's not Starrynite's place I think.

Each place has its own charm. But one thing for sure, both got BIG WIW!

shuhann

hi kopi-siudai,
no special tips on how to negotiate..juz told patrick to give us gud price..tat's all
happy.gif
me not a gud negotiator..

me juz moved in on monday..super busy..all furnitures already in..haven't have the time to take pic yet..will do so when i have settled down n keep u gals posted
happy.gif

schnauzie,
saw ur post at AMK balloting
happy.gif
yeap, me staying at AMK..same area as u..u have renovated ur place?

pebs,
thanks for ur compliment
happy.gif
mine juz a simple house..u didn't intrude
happy.gif
sorry for not able to entertain u n ur hubby coz we were so busy..as u'd seen, there were so many people at our place..think starrynite stayed at 15th floor..me got to have big WIW coz hubby got so much clothes tat i have a feeling our WIW not enuff for his clothes..haha
happy.gif

camy

Hi Pebs,
I saw patrick bring in a couple to view our flat on sat. Isn't that you? Where is your lovenest?

Hi shunhann,
Thanks for letting me to view your hse and the chit chat session. We really can share information sia!
Must let us see your pictures when everything is up. Gald to see that everything is done up already for you!

pebsb

oh starrynight - u're staying at 316A (low floor?) I tot U high floor? yours is the gray-theme house with the cosy study in MBR? My nest in SK

shuhann - wow your hubby so vain? heh, i told hubby, U take 1m, the rest all mine (3m)!

I didnt see TVs yet..are u guys getting plasma/lcd?

shuhann

no problem starrynight
happy.gif
post ur hse pic too when it's ready
happy.gif

me did not get plasma or LCD..just a normal 34" tv..

rachel,
can let me know which thread n nickname the punggol's house's owner at? me heard from ah keong, u tried to showed him the pic..me would like to view the house
happy.gif

pebsb

Hey, I need help! pls advise me how U set up the sound system in your living room?

There are 5 speakers (small ones about 6" x 12"). 3 speakers in front (1 on TV, 2 on each sides of TV). 2 speakers at the back (where sofa is).

For the front speakers, we thought we can just put them on the TV consol. How about the back speakers? Do we mount onto the ceiling, leave on floor or what? If mount on ceiling, I thought it may look ugly with the rack sticking out?

rachelcheng

Rockbaby,
My toshiba aircon also same problem leh, have to switch off two times to completely switch off! fed up. Anyway mine is having problem and will be asking them to come up and check one of these days. Willl ask them.

Shuhann,
Haha, I am trying to show ah keong pics of the all houses. He kept asking me got punggol house, i din know he was toking bout that wow house, so keep checking to see if there is any house done in punggol.. Think the owner is not a SB bride leh..

pebsb

Rachel - I wanted to see the punggol house too but didnt get chance as owner was not at home. Patrick said he will try to take some photos but he so bz, abit tough..

Starrynite - im such a blur sotong, i did visit yr house. After Patrick, I visited another flat in the same block, but low floor. That's why i confused your house with that heh.

acer27

hi Pebs,
are u going with Patrick as your contractor?

i have ask for a quote about 2 weeks but no reply yet and i have ask him to arrange to see some of his work, also no reply yet.
guess he is busy!

shuhann

rachel,
i see..me thot u found tat wow house ord..haha..think ah keong told us they have confirmed to take pic of the house..will ask ah keong or patrick to show us once it's done
happy.gif

pebs,
we have 2 stand speakers on the floor, one on the tv and 2 back speakers which we mounted on the wall..it looks alright, no rack sticking out..mayb coz the stand is a tiny one..

camy

Hi Pebs,
It ok....think it better to see more work so that you are confident of his reno skills.

Finally, after long long wait, my house is completing soon.....think can hand over this week. Yeah!

corvette

Hi Gals,
I've just gotten the quotation from Ho Bee for my 4-Rm Resale, its about 30K, coz we have quite a lot of carpentary and almost hack away all the stuff. I'm quite shock to see that he have quoted me $1000 for my 5ft suspended shoe cabinet, that will be $200 per foot run...
sad.gif
so far this is the highest price i've got for my shoe cabinet. Any gals have their shoe cabinet done by Ho Bee??? can share with me your quote??? Thanks in advance
happy.gif

corvette

Sorry folks, i guess it will be better for you guys to call up patrick for a quote.
After seeing Rachael posting in another Ho Bee thread, what she say was quite true, passing the quote around not very good, might end up in the competitors hand.

rachelcheng

Hi corvette, you can clarify with patrick if that is $200 per foot run. I din do any shoe cabinet, but did a 2 panel sliding door, its around $800 if I am not wrong, so $1000 for the whole cabinet seems reasonable to me. I seriously don't think it will be the most expensive lor.. The workmanship for carpentry is quite good. based on my kitchen cabinet..Maybe you can get more quotations and compare. If there is someone cheaper than Ho bee, unless cheaper by alot, if not think can consider ho bee. At least you can be assured that anything you not happy, you will not end up in a war!

As for passing the quotations around, It is highly possible that the quotation ended up in competitors' hands.. patrick is very competitive in pricing lor..

corvette

Hi Rachel,
Thanks for your comments. Ya, I wanted to arrange to meet up with Patrick to discuss on the quotation but seems like he's very busy leh didn't get back to me. Will call him again
I agreed that overall his price is very competitive and he's quite a friendly guy. After looking @ the threads about Ho Bee, most pple got very good comments abt Patrick. I guess finding a good and reliable contractor is very important. Heehee I dun want to end up in a war with my contractor
biggrin.gif

rachelcheng

For patrick hor, you have to get back to him instead of otherwise lor hehe.. unlike other contractors who keep pestering you. We are always the one who get back to him since the first quotation. At first we tot why he so yaya, quite unhappy that he seems to not value us potential customers b4 we signed up. but the fact is He is really a busy man.One thing for sure is, if during the reno you need his attention, he will give you the priority. He treat his customers better than those who just want quotations. From my experience lar.. hehe.

alden

hmm... ah keong = malcolm.. i also wanna know leh... actually how good are they?? can anyone highlight me?? i also thinking of getting them to do..

alden

hmm.... just out of curiousity, if you ppl were to compare, malcolm, ah keong and patrick.. who will you ppl rank first in term of their servies and attitude??? No hard offences.. purely democracy opinion.

guanster

hi all:
i m having patrick to renov my place now.... its been few weeks...
i will like to say that you all can trust patrick to give u his best attentions and opinion if u get him to renov ur place...

he had been very receptive and accomodating to my weird requests and frequent changes of materials...

met ah keong once.... he is nice guy... he is the carpentry guy that is help me to formula the island worktop now...

malcolm i no see him b4...

cheers...

rachelcheng

I will rank both patrick and ah keong equally. Both are as good. As for malcom, i am not sure cos never seen him.
As for me, i do have some weird request, but will try to minimise cos very paiseh to ask him change this or that since he is so busy.. Everytime I feel so guilty due to my fickle minded.

nilpcac,
Maybe you want to give him a try? Should be as good bah.. Unless you are not in a hurry then wait for patrick lor. Think he must have lots of projects on hand now lar..

alden

nihpcac, have your reno kick off?? really eager to know how is malcolm work..coz rite now i aliaing with malcolm.. haven met him before but my feel is that he seems quite hard working. Becoz he takes only few hours or one day to give me the new quotation leh.. sometimes he send me the quotation ard 10pm...

Anyone can give me malcolm's work comment??

BTW, another out of curiousity question, how come HO BEE got so many work project huh?? Is it true or their project really good and owner just promote thru words of mouth?? Feel free to comment..