HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

shuhann

yeah, u gals r right, will do the cleaning myself since i am the super fussy type, dun trust my hubby either to do a gud job..so told him i will do the cleaning myself..hehe
happy.gif
can save money too..have used up so much ah..

starry, not sure if i will b there sunday..but it's alright, we will have plenty of chances..me will be moving in on the 5th sept..after tat will b busy wif wedding prep..haven't started doing anything yet..haiz dun know where to start n wat to do..seem to me nothing to prepare..hehe
happy.gif

aveyron

Rachel, your rooms looks like a replicate of a hotel room, esp the sofa chairs! You can try making it look more personal and it will be just perfect!

rachelcheng

Aveyron,
Thks for the feedback! Will be going to Bangkok end of dec to get more decos to make it more personal..

Acer,
My very common common toilet
305630.jpg
305631.jpg

acer27

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your pics
happy.gif

your common toilet though simple but still very nice
happy.gif
I am thinking to shift the toilet door so that i can have a separate shower area.

how about pics of inside of ur walk in wardrobe? :p

rachelcheng

Haha, that one cannot cos very messy hehe... The stuffs inside hor, abit private also lah.. Basically it is just pole system like any other pole system wardrobe.

acer27

hi Rachel,

hahah..ok not going to look into your private stuff :p so you are using pole system. at first i dun intend to hack the storeroom but now i think is better to do so coz make the MBR bigger. But i have a problem now of where to build another storeroom.

rachelcheng

My friend built her storeroom at the dining wall which I placed my window mirror.The dining area can be smaller so actually it still look neat and nice.She used laminated feature wall.

acer27

HI Rachel,

I am thinking of building at the dining wall, but it has a aircon there, so have some restriction. you have make a good choice to build at the kitchen.

rachelcheng

You can consider building it there too, but use a laminated door same colour as your kitchen cabinet better cos we regret choosing aluminium as colour combi doesnt go realli well..

my_rock_baby

Hi,
After showing, my shower screen will leave some droplets of water. BUT when it dries up, it seems to leave some water markings. I heard there is some solution selling outside that can solve this problem, any idea anyone??

also, I find that homogenous seems to be more easily stain. eg. the wheel on my vacuum cleaner is "dirty" and it leaves some "black" marking when I pull the vacuum cleaner along. when I use my feet to sweep the marking, the black stain seems to stay there. Aiyo need to use a wet towel to rub the stain
sad.gif

my_rock_baby

Hi Rachel, I like the bedside lights in your MBR, did u also buy it from The Light Shop? thinking of getting something like that for my "not so lo-man-tic" bedroom ... haaa now my bedroom is really "kang kang" nothing inside
sad.gif

camy

Hi Shuhann,

Just to check with you how did you put those towel rack in your master bedroom toliet? I just found out those rack I bought couldn't fit into my ideal place as it is too long.Any suggestion?

shuhann

hi starrynight,
i put it above the toilet..my master bedroom toilet quite small after installing the vanity top so no choice..the shower area also so small, dun think my hubby will have a comfy shower coz he quite big size..hehe..

there are still some minor touch up for my place so patrick can't handover yet..but patrick n ah keong had done a great job..they checked every corner of their carpentry n seems like they are more strict n fussy then us whereas me n hubby dun bother to check..there were a couple of loose drawers n patrick asked the worker to redo them again..we were there on sat from 11+am to 9pm while patrick n ah keong came in on n off to do checking..thumbs up to them
happy.gif

overall me n hubby very satisfied wif their work..i loved the design of my walk in wardrobe
happy.gif
patrick will be installing the sound system for us n ah keong will be installing the TV n player for us in our bedroom coz tat part abit tricky..

starrynight, patrick told us ur carpentry will b up on tis tuesday
happy.gif

gals, me took some pic, will try to upload later
happy.gif

need_help2

hi bearyhugs; would you mind sharing your bamboo concept house pics ac i would want to get some ideas to deco my bare place.

hi rachel; thanks for the barang2 vase info. got them yesterday. so cheap @ $12 now. feel like getting some more. only left to get the bamboo but donno wic one to get. your place really shioklah.

rachelcheng

rockbaby, natural livng is at greatword city. yup their furniture are very resort. My sofa, standing light, bed and bedside lamp all from natural living.

matsu,
You can get the bamboo from the plant and flower market just beside Kovan Mrt..

Strez,
wah you very lucky to get the vase sooooo cheap! At $12 I can buy 5 of them!

Shuhann,
Are you the one staying at punggol where Ah Keong even send professional photographer to take photos of your house? Heard from him that one house at punggol super duper nice.. Eager to look at it! For the photos why not you resize all and upload?

rachelcheng

matsu,
In details, there is a big flower/plants mart just beside Kovan Mrt and they sell bamboos of diff size. Think Kovan is more accessible than CCK farm mart, if not you can ask Ah keong to send you to farm mart at CCK near Lim Chu Kang area..

Actually I only like the living room and dining room for my house, the rest I feel quite common and so so onli.. But as I got to move in and see my house everyday, kinda not so excited le.. Rockbaby, do you have that kinda feeling for your house as in at first very excited of your new house and then after awhile feel not so excited already? Cos our handover date quite close so see if you feel the same..I feel very bad leh, get tired of things easily..

my_rock_baby

eh actually hor, I still very excited over my house haaaa because I still have a lot of things haven buy yet. hmmm maybe because I coordinate everything myself so the feeling of "achievement" still there haaa.
btw, did Patrick leave a BIG roll of cardboard sheet in your storeroom? aiyo there is a BIG roll of it in my storeroom and I don't know what to do with it
sad.gif
... also, my disembled toilet bowl is still there (hai I so blur that day he ask me whether want to remove the toilet bowl I blur blur told him NO because my mother needs it for her installation next time ... hai actually my mother needs the wash basin only!!!)

rachelcheng

Rockbaby,
My homo tiles got the same prob too! Mine worse cos I choose pure white and plain..Cannot shift the sofa cos got permanent stains...
Big roll of sheet? No lei..But big chunk of rubbish at my corridor. Just removed on sat.
Actually you all think patrick handsome or not? Tho not like super stars la, but I find him quite good looking compared to other contractors I have seen hehe..Ah Keong look very cute hor, everytime I saw him I feel like laughing cos his reaction sometimes very cute and funny.. abit side track le... oops..

I am on a week MC!! Cos I contracted Mumps and it is contagious so doctor give me a week quarantine.. scary hor? So I will be quite free tho lots of report nearing deadline..

my_rock_baby

yaya Ah Keong really very cute. His hairstyle everytime very stylo, and he only seems to wear checked shirt. As for Patrick ... er a bit "chao ta" liao he so tanned haaa. But he definitely is the most polite contractor I have ever seen
happy.gif

Rachel, I also sick
sad.gif
... and I am very scared it could be pneumonia because my son just had it lst week and hospitalized for 3 days
sad.gif
... really very sianz!

Do u think is the "grading" of the homogenous tiles? My old house use ceremic tiles and never encounter this kind of stain ... eh from the picture your tiles don't look like white.

rachelcheng

Oh maybe the lightings loh.. But I choose white, I tried to use bleach on it just now, hope the stain will be gone tomorrow as I am going to dab on it for the whole day. If successful I let you know and you can also try this method.
Pneumonia? Think it is also contagious, you better see a doctor to confirm b4 it gets serious..

happielee

Hi Rachel,
Nice house man! Just wondering.....
1. Did you ask Ho Bee to do everything (floor tiles,plumbing,wet work,painting,false ceiling,electrical) except carpentry for you? So that came up tp $26k?
2. How did you "visualize" the color and design concept to make sure it fits? Did he provide any perspective drawing?
I m also considering going to a contractor as it seems there may be some cost savings compared to going to an ID. But am worried whether the look n color will fit in or not....not a great visualiser:p
Thanks!

rachelcheng

hi slgerman,
For your question 1, my answer is yes to all except false ceiling.
For your question 2, Dun worry cos ICI provide free consultation on what colour suits your home theme if you purchase their paint and Patrick will arrange the appointment for you. I didn't request for any drawings except for kitchen cabinet. Think you will save alot going thru Ho Bee than an ID cos an ID actually quoted me $37K for what Patrick has done for me! more than 10K difference.Relationship with the contractor is also very important becos I have friend whom his contractor became his enemy and such cases are quite common. I am lucky that my relationship with Patrick and Ah keong is a smooth sailing one so far..

shuhann

hi rachel,
mine not at punggol..mine in AMK..my place not so nice lah..juz a common one..wah, me also want to see that nice house in punggol..mayb can ask ah keong to show us..

me will try to resize the pic of my house..didn't re-take yesterday..

gals,now my home tiles also got lotsa black stain from the trolley wheels which they delivered my fridge last weekend..asked patrick if he can help to remove by polishing, he said not sure..haiz..so heartpain ah..if any of u got a solution, let me know, can?

shuhann

gals,
can we put or stick anything underneath the sofa to avoid staining the tiles? me might be moving my sofa around or getting a new one..if got stain, means i have to put my sofa there forever?

rachelcheng

shuhann and rockbaby,
Bad news.. I bought the breach for the sole purpose of cleaning the tiles cos patrick told me bleaching might work.. But the stain is still there after one day of dabbing..some stains are caused by the workers an still unable to removed.. Tho one glace not that obvious, but when looking at it it appears obvious to me. In any case, not only my sofa, the rest of my furniture is going to stuck there forever.. For those furniture not in yet, you can buy those meant to be stick under your furniture base, but dunno wat is it called.

gonggong24,
The contact is not with me now have to ask hubby when he is back tonight.. Is patrick your contractor? If so you can call and ask him as he has the contact.

shuhann

guess we have to get that stick thing for our furniture..rachel, mayb u can get some of that too so that the damage might not worsen tho the stain already there..

btw, me thot of selling of my dining bench..do u think it will be useful if i advertise them under market place? me dun like my dining chairs n hubby dun like the sofa we bought..

rachelcheng

Think it is useful cos many brides sold their stuffs there successfully. No harm giving a try.. Think no need to buy the base for my furniture cos I cannot think of better place for my sofa etc..

shuhann

rachel,
how long it takes patrick to do minor touch up for ur place after all the carpentry is up? till today, patrick's workers still doing touch up and seems to me they have slow down..think it will be another few weeks before he can handover..

rachelcheng

It took a few saturdays in fact and I am still waiting for him to arrange another sat which he has not done so for last 2 weeks.. Last touch up to be done for now lor.. Anyway he has not collected the final payment from us also..we moved in le so in the sense not urgent for the touch up to be done asap cos most of the things already done lor.. My stainless steel dish rack was up only last last sat which I have already moved in for more than 3 weeks! Have to place my bowls all over the solid top.. I din rush him cos I understand that he is busy with other projects. There was once ah keong was supposed to help me install my platform when at the same time he made an appointment with another customer to view the factory on a sat. Ended up he can't do our platform..

shuhann

me cannot move in yet..his worker still doing touch up like cleaning the drawers, silicone the edges, final painting n flooring still not done also..some lighting not up yet..still quite dusty..

do u gals spray water when cleaning the floor? or juz mop? how about the cabinet n wardrobe? u juz wipe only? do u only use clear water or do u mix wif something else? how about the smell of the cabinet? need u gals advise..

my_rock_baby

smell of cabinet
- since I am not staying there yet, I will leave all the cabinet door open (after leaving for 2 weeks my cabinet now no chemical smell already)

cleaning of furniture/cabinet :
- wipe with clean water. But if there are any stain (eg. some black stain due to finger print, etc), I will use CIF (for veneer, I dare not use CIF, scare will spoilt it)

Cleaning of floor
- I use my osim mermaid to vacuum twice. Then I mop the floor (solution add in magic clean). BTW after few weeks, dusty again even though I leave all my window close. So sometimes when I go up, I will vacuum again.

Happy cleaning
happy.gif

happielee

Hi Rachel,
Thank you for your tips.It is really helpful.
As for the stain, u may wanna try either vinegar or baking soda. Works wonders for my place.)

Hi all,few more questions for the experts :
1. Can anyone please share how much a platform (pls specify size) usually costs?
2. Has anyone use those black rubber matting (like those in industrial flooring) to lay on any part of their flooring at home? Is it sticky upon contact with sweat?

Thanks!

camy

Hi Shhuhann,

Thanks for sharing.

Ya, the cabinet was up today...not all as the lorry cannot take up everything. Spend the whole afternoon watching how the worker did up the cabinet. Thumb up for them as they are very serious and hardworking. One of them even stay after we left the place at 7pm.

Do any of the gal actually clean up that area where the cabinet is going to sit on? I forget to clean up the spot and now it seems like all the dust will be forever trap in the spot!

Ya, I would like to know how your gals clean up your place, such as the window. My neighbour upstair spray water directly on the window causing the water flowing down, wetting my window grills....very inconsiderate hor.