HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

my_rock_baby

Hi hello,
I haven move in yet
happy.gif
... will move in end of Nov (got to arrange my son's new childcare first).
For me I do my furniture shopping when I started renovation, because that time a lot of furniture sale going on. When I see something I like, I ask ask the whether they can keep in warehouse for me (of course, need to either pay a deposit or in full). In fact, my dining table set is a display set I bought from OM and they kept in warehouse for me for 3 months. My sofa which is also from OM, they will only make the sofa 1 month before I need it, so that one also can order earlier. For those furniture from S & C, they don't have any sale so can buy anytime. I just buy them when my renovation is nearing completion and ask them to deliver after I finish cleaning the house.

my_rock_baby

actually I intend to buy a wardrobe from S & C again
happy.gif
... seen a sliding door 6 ft walnut color wardrobe selling for $700+ the last time I went there. Actually now kinda of "regret" did not ask Patrick to do a wardrobe for me in my room. Because my room "unusual shape" one side of the wall there is a concave area so if I want to do a wardrobe, Patrick need to do a "false wall" so that will cost $$$. Also, that time Patrick bring us to view one of the flat, I really don't like the wardrobe that the couple done ... now think of it, I only don't like the color haaa so can change the color to walnut meh!!! so stupid hor!

hello88

Hi my rock baby,

thanks alot. ic...ya, if your room is of unusual shape then would be more feasible to have your wardrobe made to measure.

bearyhugs

Hi rock baby,
yeah, u r right. We have been using the blinds from spotlight for some time. So far, happy with it. But I have to tell u that we only installed the blinds at our Master Bedroom so the blinds are practically down. We don't usually pull them up but do see a bit of "lopsidedness" problems when we try to pull it too hard. No choice when it's so much cheaper compared to those by professionals.

Have sent u the link, [email protected]. But my pics are taken few months back, so was still a bit bare during then.

rachelcheng

Hi all,
I have some questions, when should we pay our last payment to Patrick? After every single touch up is done or after we officially move in? Cos we have moved in already, but there are still touch ups to be done and it might take awhile cos they are quite busy also..

acer27

Hi Rachel,

your bathroom is really impressive!! Bascially your all house can be a show room
happy.gif
Can you let me know is your bathing area a complete set and what is the size? does it has a bath tub and how much is it?

Is your bathroom size 1.85 x 2.05?

my_rock_baby

wow very "hotel" like bathroom
happy.gif
... got bath tub somemore :D u must have spent a lot for that system??
btw the wooden shelve in the bath room, you got it from IKEA is it? I had one exactly the same in both my bathroom, they are for placing my "feng shui" plants haaa.

U give the final payment only after all the touch up are done. I got no more touch up but I still haven pay him the last payment wowhaaa... going to do so next week anyway. paiseh to drag so longgg....

my_rock_baby

hmmm bearyhugs, if got loopsided then I headache liao. Intend to do it for my room and I sure will pull it up... I wonder if get those curtain shop to do, their's really no loopsided? (cannot trust the sales lah they sure tell me won't have problem since they want to earn my $$$).... maybe I should just stick to roller binds....

rachelcheng

acer,

I am not sure of my bathroom size, but since the rest of your house layout is like mine, most prob it is the same size lah. The measurement of my bath unit is 1200 x 800. It is a complete set with a steam function controlled by a computer system with other functions like radio, cd, telephone, back and foot massage, small bathtub.I bought it during an exhibition so cheaper. Cost 2450 including installation,not sure how much it cost now, could be more ex or cheaper..

Rockbaby,
Yup you are right, the wooden shelves including the towel rack from Ikea. As for patrick, then I will pay him after all works done!
Hmmm, actually I prefer night view than day view cos think the lightings make the place look more cosy.

303912.jpg
303913.jpg

acer27

hi Rachel,
you really know how to enjoy life :p dun mind i ask, isnt your bath unit a bit small to have many function in it :p

After i see your last two pics, i am sure your house is exactly as mine
happy.gif

so you hack away your store room for your MBR rite?

rachelcheng

acer, I agreed with you. Honestly speaking, I only use the steam bath and FM radio, so it is not worth the money. Not that I know how to enjoy life, sometimes when you go to exhibitions, it is not easy to get out of the hardsell atmosphere empty handed. I admitted that I succumbed to the sales person hard selling tactics. Kinda regret and hope it will not turn out to be a white elephant lor..

You very smart hor hehe..I converted the storeroom to a WIW for my MBR.

aveyron

Rachel,
Wah, now I can see why you say you spent quite a lot for your house. Envious leh...Mine is still an empty shell...

acer27

my house and urs is the same of course i know your storeroom is gone!! haha..

i have not got the key yet and still no news after the 1st appointment.

I have not engage a contractor! just started to hunt for contractor / ID! Seen alot of comments about HO BEE so might want to try him out. Your house is a good indication of Ho Bee works
happy.gif

By the way, do you design on your own or Ho Bee help to design as well?

Any pics of your MBR??

rachelcheng

Acer,
Patrick did give some advise when we present our ideas to him. Certain things we wanted to do but he will advise against it for our own good.My MBR not ready yet. Only the bed is ready hehe.. Btw I still have a storeroom, its in the kitchen where I construct a storeroom.

Aveyron,
Ours was once an empty shell, everything start from an empty shell ma
happy.gif

acer27

Rachel,

Where did you construct your storeroom? near the entrance of kitchen?? do you have any pics?

still thinking if i want to hack the storeroom, as the MBR is quite small but it is useful to have a storeroom.

rachelcheng

Joy,

I bought all my lights at balestier and it cost me $800++ for the whole house. can walk along that street and compare prices and design cos alot of light shops there. We din really do much comparison cos in a hurry to buy so might not have bought the cheapest..

rachelcheng

Joy,
It's called The Light Shop.

Pics of my kitchen, sorry for the late post cos need to tidy up the mess. The storeroom is beside the fridge. Kitchen cabinet designed and done by Ah Keong.

304075.jpg
304076.jpg

acer27

Hi Rachel,

It seems from the pics that ur kitchen is still very spacious after your have build the storeroom in it. quite a good use of space
happy.gif

Wld really like to see every part of your house..very envy!
happy.gif

rachelcheng

Ya, space in kitchen is very important, cannot stand cramp kitchens cos it will make cleaning so difficult as kitchen have to be cleaned very often. You can consider converting as well, think it is worth the investment cos I cannot imagine my MBR with an additional wardrobe in!

acer27

u know your size of your Storeroom?

but my kitchen already has quite new kitchen cabinetwith corian top, cant remove and build a storeroom.

I am thinking where else can i build a storeroom.

just to confirm, your total renovation cost exclude furnitures + appliances is $30K rite?

rachelcheng

Acer,
To be exact it is less than 30K.If exclude aircon and Light box. I sub contract my Lbox and air con. Patrick's quotation alone is only about $26K. I think the size of my storeroom is the same as the original one which is my WIW now. Just that the orientation is different. You can call Patrick to ask for a quotation to be more accurate.

need_help2

Hello Rachel;

Ive read somewhere that u bought your divider (vase/pot) from barang2? which outlet is that and how much was it? thinking of doin the same for my place. thanks

shuhann

hi bearyhug,
thanx for the info on the office chair..may i know how much u bought urs? how about bar stool? any ideas where to get nice one? most of the places are selling those common ones..looking for something different..

btw, sidetrack abit bearyhugs..i had my PS last month and chosen my photos yesterday..may i know did they gave u all the photos including those not chosen for album in softcopy to u?

shuhann

starrynight,
sorry for the late reply..my pc down..anyway, we do not have a neighbour yet coz our next door was released for the last walk in..so it will not be a chinese, but other religions..me and hubby so worried who will be our neighbour..dun know y that flat was chosen for walk in when most of chosen ones are at lower levels..

btw, the color at our 2nd bedroom is called poetic blue..is urs the same? u chose ur colors last weekend? patrick told us coz we met him on saturday too..he had installed all the bathroom accessories for us..luckily he had some free time..

how's ur house progress? any news from ah keong? he is redoing our shoe cabinet today coz his men made a mistake on the height of the settee..the rest of the carpentry is almost done..his men quite fast, they started only on last wednesday, now they are almost done..

camy

Hi shuhann,
So happy to see you here again. Hope that your PC is ok now.

I have not seen my neighbour yet too....they started reno earlier than me and now still in the process. Saw that their cabinet have already moved into their hse, think they are completing soon too. How come your next door is a walk in? Someone give up after selecting? Frankly speaking most high level unit will be the first to be taken up.

Oh, it different. I use starrynight under the Dulux all. But end up it look like the same as yours. Ya, we have just completed our painting. Very satisfied with the result, just that the colour seem to turn out lighter than expected as other always tell me it will normally turn out darker. So you meet patrick last sat? I was so angry last sat coz he is late. I was suppose to go ikea by the shuttle bus but because of his lateness, I missed it. I also whet to buy some bathroom accessories so that he can fix it for me.

Think ah kheong went to KL. We are now waiting for him to come back to get an update from him. How is the workmanship? good?

shuhann

hi starrynight,
my pc is fine now
happy.gif

i guess our previous neighbour give up after selecting, agree wif u, normally HDB dun release high level unit for walk in..hope it will be a nice neighbour..our neighbour in front of us, the 4 room has stayed for quite some time..but the block is still too quiet..

as long as u like the color, then it's alright
happy.gif
yeap, we met patrick to pass him some payment..he told us he will meet us at 11am tat day..u can ask him to fix the accessories when his worker is installing ur carpentry to save time..he said he will be quite free after the 7th month..

yeap, ah keong went KL n was back yesterday..his workmanship not bad, i wud say quite gud..i don't think he hands on on all carpentry, mostly done by his worker, he juz supervise them..but no worries, we find them quite gud n hardworking too..but he has a few group of worker..urs most probably different from us..u may have to see their workmanship..

btw, the 3rd room ceiling is not level..a coincidence we have a suspended cabinet n therefore our cabinet is abit slant..we not very happy wif tat but not his fault, it's HDB..the only way to rectify is to create a false ceiling but we decline since the cabinet is already up n it will cost abit more for tat..same goes to our master room wall, the one next to the aircon panel..u may want to take note n lookout for ur place..

rachelcheng

hi slgerman, furla, Baobei,
My ID is Ho Bee lor.. Patrick is the boss. can call him at 96792934. as 4 quotation I do not have soft copy. Just call patrick to ask for a quotation.

rachelcheng

Ah Keong is a perfectionist lor, certain things as a owner I can accept but he can't haha! He will rectify till he satisfied. He is a real serious worker.

bearyhugs

Shuhan,
U can try Ikea for some of the norm bar stools. They sell some nice designs but it's those light brown typical pine wood colour. U can get Ah Keong to varnish to walnut colour for u.

For my PS, of course, they would not give u back all the photos in soft copy if you din select them. Unless u r willing to top up another 1 to 2 K.

shuhann

bearyhugs,
thanx for ur info..hmm..gud idea, can get ah keong to varnish for me
happy.gif

my house almost done now..final painting n floor polishing tomorrow..hope patrick can handover during the weekend..

starrynight,
how's ur house progress?

camy

Congrats Shuhann.
Thanks for your tip earlier on. I also notice that the floor on the full length window is not level. My platform appear to be different in width. No choice.....have to bear with it.

My progress is still the same....also don't know if he had start work for my cabinet or not.

So happy for you that your lovenest is ready. Do invite me next time. Hope to see you soon in our neighbourhood.

shuhann

thanx starrynight..
they have installed ur platform already? at least they started with something..no worries, ah keong's workers can do the installation very fast, around a week only done
happy.gif

u can drop by anytime starrynight..me normally will be there on saturday..i will b there tis saturday from morning till afternoon..patrick arranged someone to come down for the gas turn on, electrical appliances delivery n alarm system installation in the afternoon..in the morning will do some cleaning for the appliances..

rockbaby,
will try to take some pic tis weekend
happy.gif

now dreading for the cleaning part..feel like getting someone to do it..is $270 for cleaning expensive?

camy

Sure Shuhann.Sorry that I'm not free this saturday afternoon. What abt Sunday?Since we are so near each other, I believe we have plenty of chances.
Why waste the money to get someone to clean. After reno will be busy preparation customary. Can save a bit then save. Beside I not sure if they will do a good job or not. At least when I do, I will make sure every corner is clean.
Well, it up to you.....

my_rock_baby

ya can save the $270. For me I clean the whole house myself
happy.gif
... I first clean all the windows then the floor. The rest like toilets and kitchen cabinet I do it bit by bit (by then already no energy haaa)