HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

rachelcheng

Just wondering, is Ah keong an employee of patrick or a boss himself?? my reno almost done leh except some minor installations and touch up. Workmanship OK lah tho I have to admit that I have very high expectations due to the high recommendations here.But cannot expect everything to be so perfect also..I will give thumbs up to Ah keong and Patrick's service cos both of them sacrificed their saturday to do installation for me, raining somemore.. Feel that what they did is more than what a boss should be doing.. quite impress lah when I saw Patrick sawing the wood..So far, No regrets engaging them. Beary should be more grateful cos your bamboo is so much more than mine!!!! Mine only 6 bamboos and took so long to install!

my_rock_baby

hmm I think Ah Keong is an employee... because can see that sometimes he will ask Patrick for instructions. One thing about Ah Keong he really very funny hor (or is it I am those joker type...) I always like to "suan" Patrick and Ah Keong will always "face change color" haaaa. Ya, I will give thumbs up for Patrick and Ah Keong. Both came down to do my installation for me. And nearing the ending, only left with Patrick and he even help me to carry all the left over tiles from the kitchen to the storeroom (somemore that day he is having a much worst flu than me). Also, a lot of extra charges he "wave off" for me (or he has forotten??) ... anyway, I still woe him the last payment (haiz bo lui liao, got to wait till pay day)

rachelcheng

Hi for those who did electrical wiring, wat socket does patrick gave? Those old casing squarish type? Rock baby I saw yours is flat one leh.. He gave me those squarish protruding type..

bearyhugs

Hi all,
Actually, Ah keong is jus an employee but he works very closely with Patrick. He was the one who helped us install our bamboo too. We called him our bamboo designer.:> My HB also like to suan Patrick esp Ah Keong. Keong is quite hardworking and jovial man. He's quite a perfectionist too in terms of workmanship.

Hi atreyu, sent u the link already.

gar

Hi Bearyhugs

Here i see you again....i from GHA thread oso hehe

can send me your link for ur luv nest? btw how do i contact Ho Bee? seems like no website leh..

my_rock_baby

heh heh at this rate that Patrick is working, I think he no need website liao
happy.gif
... where got time to sit down and get people to do it? (btw last time heard u guys say he is going to have a showroom... eh that dream of his "realised" liao or not?) My mother who is waiting for his quotation also... wait until neck long liao
happy.gif
I told her Patrick told me he so busy recently until a few new potential clients he also got no time to do the quotation for them...

emmasharapova

hi my rock baby..

can i juz ask u.. where did u get your sofa.. its SO NICE!!!!! and how's the coffee table holding up? i am thinking of going down to S&C this weekend to check it out..
happy.gif
me also have been taking picts of my reno process...
happy.gif
its quite exciting.. but its taking a long time.. hehe...

hello88

Hi my rock baby,

any idea if S & C sell those children bedroom set? I'm looking for a sports car bed for my younger boy.

my_rock_baby

Hi celia,
YES, I saw the children sport car set in their booklet (it is not display in their shop, because the shop is just a normal HDB shop, not much space). They have a few pattern of the sport car set to choose. For me, I just buy a normal children bed and matching wardrobe for my son.

my_rock_baby

Hi emma,
I bought my L-shape sofa from OM Furniture (cost $980, during one of their "sale". I bought the "Legend" set). I really like my sofa because it is exactly what I look for, no long legs, seat must not be too soft or hard, each seat must be big and deep enough, micro-fabric cover
happy.gif
The delivery man from OM Furniture told me that their company just open another subsidery furniture store called Home2Be (very new, only a few weeks). Home3be sell "cheaper" range of furniture BUT the design looks like OM Furniture
happy.gif
... I just saw on the newspaper that they are having promotion, something like u buy some set of furniture and they give you free furniture also. And they have another L-shape sofa called "Momo" which cost $888, it looks like the "Legend".

Address :
home2be
134 Joo Seng Road
Nobel Design House
Level 3,Singapore 368359
www.home2be.com.sg

OM Furniture
134 Joo Seng Road
Nobel Design House
Level 2,Singapore 368359
www.om-home.com

As for my coffee table, I bought it from S & C, I like it a lot also, it has big drawers where I can put a lot of things (eg. newspaper, magazine), so it will look neat.

my_rock_baby

Hi celia,
Normally the Saturday's Straits Times and the Friday's night WanBao will have A LOT of advertisment on furniture. I saw quite a number of children sport car bed already
happy.gif
(But the advertisment is in black and white, so don't know what color combination..)

my_rock_baby

hey ladies,
can I know what brand and model of TV, fridge and washing machine you will be buying? Me going to get all these items soon and now still headache, as everyone tells me different thing... haiz..

hello88

Hi my rock baby,

Thanks would check it out. Also saw sports car bed advertised by Best Design near Little Rd in yesterday's Wan Bao.

emmasharapova

hi my_rock_baby

i had alot of headache looking for all tat u mentioned too.. haha... so i guess we're not the only ones with the headache...

actually, for fridge, any brand like f&p, ariston, mitsubishi, hitachi and what have u are all alright.. cos since when do u hear of a fridge breaking down nowadays.. hehe...

as for TV, it depends on what kind u are looking for... of cos the reknown brands like panasonic and sony will have their fans.. they come with a higher price too.. but i think sony is way overrated nowadays... cos all my sony tvs have discoloration problems... so i bought a toshiba 43" projection tv.. cos looked ard, that's the one with the highest definition..

washing machine.. hmm.. the electrical shop pple told me.. electric appliance are so cheap nowadays as compared to the past, so we cant expect them to last as long... so if u realli want long lasting, go for european brands.. if not, samsung/lg is good enough... i went for a lil better quality.. i got hitachi...
happy.gif

hope it helps... aniwayz.. different pple will definately give your different opinions... so juz go with ur instincts.. and most imptly, get something that matches with your budget.. cos ultimately, those things are all gonna give u problems... :p

emmasharapova

hey!!! i bought my coffee table.. similar to yours, my rock baby.. but it has the metal thingy to pull out the drawer... is yours the venner collection or something? actually, i like yours better.. but think they will need to customise the drawer so it will take 3 weeks...

celia, they have v nice sportscar bed!!!! i am gonna get one.. hehe... red one.. number 1!!! hehehhee... they selling it at 260.. and mattress at 140.. but i'll go to furniture mall to take a look first.. cos i have a $200 voucher b'cos of an unfortunate incident.. fell victim to Modern Impression..
sad.gif

rachelcheng

Rockbaby,

I bot toshiba plasma fridge, bosch washing machine and dryer, so far no complains hehe..keep my fingers crossed. Tv, I stole from my previous bedroom, dun intend to get a new one yet cos old one still in good condition. Save money for other stuffs..

Officially moved in but still got touch ups to do, so when shd I settle my last payment? since I moved in le, consider handover? Not sure when to pay last payment leh..

Deremi,
You can call patrick for a quotation. He is a very responsible contractor. Most importantly, he is not going to count every single cent, not calculative at all.

my_rock_baby

Hi Rachel,
actually hor, I HAVEN made my last payment wowhaaaa... already more than 1 month liao. Anyway will be paying him soon lah, before I REALLY forgets
happy.gif
... He also very weird hor, never press me for payment heee.

btw, which model of the toshiba fridge u get?? 2 of my colleague also get the toshiba fridge, the GR-H45ST model.

my_rock_baby

Hi emma,
u also bought from S & C huh? heee. My coffee table is the veneer one, saw on the booklet that it has a metal thing also, but when they deliver to my place, it does not have the metal thing ... ya without that funny thing will look nicer. Also, don't like metal scare it will rust.

emmasharapova

hey my rock baby

ya.. i went there today to take a look.. hehe.. u are so lucky!!!! u got the one without the metal thing... i think i better call them to see if can change.. probably have to wait 3 weeks.. but think its worth it..
happy.gif
but hor.. i saw today's paper... there's one that looks exactly the same going for 199 at expo lehz.. but the ads are always deceiving!!! i got so excited so many times when i saw ads.. then go to the place, the items so unattractive.. unlike what they featured on the ad.. sigh... dunno if the expo one is made of good material not...

btw.. if the veneer got scratched, can u juz use a brown marker to cover it? hehe...

my_rock_baby

huh brown marker... not sure leh
I think it depends on the extend of the scratch. Certain scratch will make it look like the wood natural pattern haaa

rachelcheng

hi hi, I bot the two doors one model GR-H35ST if not wrong, same version but smaller than 45 model.Bought at $520, dunno considered cheap or not..

my_rock_baby

hmm I think should be consider cheap. ME looking at the 2 door one GRH46ST, so far the best price I heard is $600. But since will be getting it maybe 2 months later, I think the price will drop again
happy.gif

jpk

Hi everyone,

The Ah Keong working for Patrick that you mentioned is it Malcolm Tan? Supposed to meet up with Patrick but end up he asked Malcolm to attend to us.

shuhann

Hi gals,

long time didn't post message ord..my place is delayed for almost one month coz patrick couldn't handover on time which we requested on 30th july..he said will handover on 20th aug..hopefully he can make it this time..

ah keong is so busy that when my hubby met him last night, he told me ah keong looks so stressed ah..so pity him..

now waiting for carpentry only..all the wetworks, lighting and plumbing was done few weeks ago..the carpentry works will be up next week..

rockbaby, have u move in ord? how long did u take to clean the house? me plan 2 weekends to clean the place..hope can move in right after the chinese 7th month..

my_rock_baby

Hi shuhann,
I will only move in end of Nov (need to wait till my son switch school). ya, the cleaning part is horrible. Just cleaning the big windows already took me 1 day! I think I spent 3 days to do the basic cleaning. other things like using cif to clean the stain on toilet door, etc... I just do it bit by bit when I go up... really no energy.

camy

Hi Shuhann,

Guess you are the one living at 315A one right? We meet Ah Kheong on Monday and and he was saying that he is doing up your house. He told us that you have got a few designs on the carpentary work which he is managing for you.

I'm just living opp you. My reno was delayed oso....sad sad

shuhann

hi starrynight,

yeap, me at 315A
happy.gif
nice seeing u here
happy.gif
patrick told us he is doing a place opposite us too..u hacked the kitchen wall and replace with glass panel for ur plasma tv right? we asked patrick how u did ur place, so he roughly told us ur design..

we do quite a number of carpentry, that´s y i think ah keong took quite quite some time for our place..has he started with ur carpentry yet? when will he be installing them for u? when will patrick handover to u?

patrick is super busy ah..haiz..pity him also

rachelcheng

Ya Patrick is really busy, so reno delay is expected. but I believed that he tried his very best to help us already, so no complaints lah. Should be happy for him for being so busy cos shows that he has many clients to entertain loh and his biz is expanding mah. Ah Keong is really a very good and responsible worker of his, with the two of them, we rest assured that everything will be in good hands.

JP,
Malcom is not ah keong, think he is Patrick's biz partner (not sure). Quotation I think best is to get from patrick, more accurate.

my_rock_baby

I bought the fish tank from a flower shop called Astoria. They have branches in Cebtrepoint, Compass Point, Great world city, Jurong Point, Taka, Suntec city, Paragon, Plaza Singapura, Thomson Plaza. I am not sure whether the fish tank is display in all the branches, but I bought mine from the Thomson Plaza branch and they have a real display there. It cost $500 (promotional price). It runs in some kindof system where u no need to change water frequently, just need to change the filter above. To change water, just need to use those 2-way pump to pump out 1/2 water then replace back by another 1/2 clean water. Eversince I put the fish tank up, everyone has been commenting that it look nice (haaa main attraction of my house liao). I haven rare any fish yet (moving in end November only), so still don't know how GOOD is it.

camy

Hi Shuhann,

Ya that our unit, but i not putting any plasma tv....not that rich after all the reno...just normal CRT.

We actually follow Ah kheong up to your place one day as he is going to measure your sink, think so, can't rem. May I know what is the paint colour you using for your Bedroom 2 (next to master room one)?

Ah kheong say that you also got lot of designs. He is having a terrible time for our design too....guess he really got a hard time with us. But he is really efficient and responsible. We had dinner with him one day after our discussion and he actually tell us some of his family problems. Patrick never state when he is handing over. We were quite upset with his service cause he never seem to care about our progress. While now, I hoping to get it over and done with! Think the carpentary will be up this month...how about you? When are you shifting in?