288275.jpg

Shelve partition in front of main door

288276.jpg

Shelving in bedroom

288277.jpg

Incomplete L-shape study table

my_rock_baby

Hi Rachel,
No problem. Nice meeting you too. I'm sure your house will turn out nice... must have faith in Patrick, he will do a good job
happy.gif
. Don't forget to post some picture of your lovely house here
happy.gif

qing22

Hi,

I will be getting my 5 rm resale flat soon. After reading the forum, I am thinking of engaging Patrick's service.

Appreciate if anyone can send me their quote given by Patrick and any pictures if available.My email address is [email protected]

rachelcheng

Hi all, i need advise as wat is the adv and disadv of kitchen sink to be mount on top of the solid surface or below the solid surface? Which is better to maintain? Thks!!

ssb

hi kastine,

why not u forward ur floor plan, requirement & email to patrick instead? i believe this will give u a better idea of his costing.
kao_wink.gif

qing22

Hi SSb

I have not receive the floor plan as I am still waiting for the first appointment.

Now I just want to get a rough idea of how much I should set aside for the renovation as I had spent quite a heafy amount on the diamond ring

ssb

hi kastine,

perhaps u can ask ur agent to help u to source for the floor plan, as many 5rm resale flat are quite standard. if nt juz do a rough stretch since u hv the floor area & valuation report.

happy.gif

ssb

hi rockbaby,

wah! u hv a striking blue & yellow combination!
kao_clap.gif
did u use ur masterbed rm as study room?? i can see the toilet.

my_rock_baby

btw, there is an online quotation on their website, so you can agar agar know how much they are charging instantly. Mike is the salesperson attend to me. I have been their "maintenance service" customer for the last 5 years for my existing house (my family sign yearly contract with this company to maintain our existing system 4). So far, we are very please with their service... they are really professional and not those who will "anyhow katok people" type. That's why I did not look for other company when I need to install my new house's aircon, just go straight to them
happy.gif
... If u really interested to get aircon from them, ask for Mike (the sales person) and tell him Shirley Tan from Blk 199B Punggol Field recommend. I have 2 colleague who are looking for aircon and he said if they quote my name, he will try to give some discount (haa don't know real or not, but no harm asking).

my_rock_baby

Hi sunsetbay,
I don't have studyroom leh. My feng shui master said "your MBR is suitable for your son, not suitable for you, so u got to swap room with your son"
sad.gif
.... and this study table is in MBR because this is my son's "wen chang" position (this position for him to study well).... so you see lah, all my investment in my son's room liao ... and he is only ... er 4 YEARS OLD!
happy.gif

my_rock_baby

Hi friends,
Thanks for your compliments. I think overall I should be paying Patrick around $18K. Mine is a new standard 5 room flat.

I did the following :
- floor tilings (living, dining, 3 bedroom, bomb shelter, kitchen and 2 toilets overlay)
- aluminium window grills
- concrete sink area
- kitchen cabinet
- simple horizontal shelving for 2 bedrooms
- L-shape study table
- shelve partition in front of main door
- whole house painting
- glass screen shower
- glass door for kitchen
- others (labour fee for installing some small items, eg. sanitary ware, etc)

Note that I did not do the following :
- no ceiling work (no L-box/false ceiling or cornices)
- no electricity work (except for 2-3 power point I ask Patrick to reposition).
- no builtin wardrobe (buying from outside, cheaper)

hello88

Hi Kastine Tay,

Your agent IS able to get the floor plan for you upon u signing the OTP. I got mine from the agent and she didnt charged us $5. Haha, what's $5 when the agent is getting more than $3k comm from me.

ssb

hi rockbaby,

$18k for 5rm reno is v worth. my MBR is also use for study rm as i don't like to sleep near the toilet where the noise of the flushing water fm upper units. so we chosen the room opposite the MBR as our main bedrm, we create a passwage way thru a walk-in wardrobe.
biggrin.gif
see pic.

288524.jpg

my_rock_baby

hi sunsetbay,
Good idea. By the way your drawing very tok gong hor
happy.gif
So the other extra room is for your kids huh? I alsolike WIW, but then budget tight so a lot of things have to forgo
happy.gif

shuhann

hi rockbaby,
sorry for not able to drop by your place on saturday..was busy..dropped by our place though, patrick already hacked 2 of the walls and they are starting tiling today..normally how long does it take to complete the tiling? since we didn't request anyone special, the tiling should be quite fast right?

your house looks lovely rockbaby..may i know how much does patrick charge for those shelves ledge? thot of doing some for my 2nd bedroom..

my reno is around 33k, not a final one yet..includes home for all rooms, overlay for master room's bathroom, L-shape study table and shelves for study room, WIW and 1 wardrobe, tv console, L-box and false ceiling, divider, shoe cabinet and kitchen cabinets..too much of carpentry, that's why ex..

gals, any contacts for curtains?

sunsetbay, how much is your WIW? mine around 3k..is it expensive?

my_rock_baby

Hi shuhann,
no problem. The tilings normally take 2-3 weeks.
It cost $300 to do the 4 piece of shelving at my window area.

I just placed a $100 for curtain deposit yesterday! There is this mini product fair outside Hougang Mall and there is a booth inside that showcase some curtains and binds. I talk to the boss and saw his curtain cloth sample and like it a lot. Most important, it is not expensive (I think). eg. roller bind (using the pulley method) cost around $130 for 2 panel of windows. For 4 panel window long curtain with quite nice curtain cloth, it cost $200+. If u choose those silky type of material, it will cost around $300+. I just paid a $100 deposit and will ask them to come to my house and do the measurement and choosing of material, after my renovation is done.
This is his contact :
Grand Art Contracts & furnishings
Showroom : Blk 153 Bukit Batok Street 11 #02-292, S(650153)
Tel : 65639989
Melvin Pang

ssb

hi,

shuhann, my WIW is ard $2k+. initially we want to buy ready made cabinate fm furniture shop but the cost of it is abt $1k+, so we opt for WIW which is bigger. how big is ur WIW? $3k must be bigger than mine.
proud.gif

shuhann

thanks rockbaby..will compare a few quotation for the curtains..one of them quote us around 1.3k to 1.5k..am still waiting for his final quote..doing curtains for living and dining and roller blinds for 3 bedrooms..

sunsetbay,
mine is 13ft L-shape WIW ($1950) plus 10ft L-shape feature wall with revolving door ($1500)..total $3450
sad.gif
very ex hor..is mine really bigger than yours? from the drawing, urs is not a L-shape? can your wardrobe be open both side?

bearyhugs

Hi Shuhann,
You can ask Malcom for the contact of the curtains. We got ours from his contact though...
Not sure if you rem the purple curtains in my bamboo hse?

ssb

13ft that's v big! i juz took my measuremt. mine only 8ft. it's only one sliding door on one end (see the arrow?). can u took a pic of ur revolving door whn its done?? v interesting leh.
kao_byebye.gif

shuhann

ok bearyhugs..yeap, remember your purple curtains
happy.gif
did you chose the colours yourself? may i know the total cost for your house curtains? btw, we haven't met Malcom yet till today..patrick said don't need to meet him, he will liase with Malcom..did all of you met up Malcom? how come we don't need to?

sunsetbay, yeap, i saw the sliding door..that means your wardrobe is both side, one facing computer table and one the passageway?

me need a big wardrobe coz hubby got so much of clothes, more than me, can u believe that? he is a shopping freak..hehe
happy.gif

will take pic of my place including the wardrobe with the revolving door
happy.gif
patrick did it before for one house..hubby like that idea very much but me prefer sliding door, so in the end give in to him..something different though..

shuhann

bearyhugs,
can i check with u, did you got free flow beer from MC? me only have 20L free..did you pay xtra for beer? how much did your guests consume? sorry gals, abit out of topic..

ssb

shuhann,

ya, my WIW is both sides can walk in, more convenient to goto the bathroom & the study room will also able to share the bathroom. initially we thought of having the WIW extended to the bathroom but as u know, toilet is an moisture area, we don't want the clothes to get mouldy so easily.

ohyeah, i rembr my MC package comes with two barrels of beers. the manager notified us that the beer is finishing within half hour. no choice but to open anthr two barrels.
crazy.gif

shuhann

hopefully i didn't need to open so many extra barrels but difficult coz my hubby from navy, so you can guess how much those people can consume..hope we can reduce the consumption coz it is a weekday..

your master room seems huge
happy.gif

ssb

hee.. anyway, it's once a lifetime. can recovered fm angbao one. mine also wkday, our liquor & wine consumption is mre than $2k! but in-law sponsored the liquor/ wine (fm outsider supplier).

my main bedroom area is ok, not really big but spacious enuff cos there's no wardrobe. we put two side drawers on the sides (advised by the feng shui master). a small tv on the corner which we seldom watch.
crazy.gif

qing22

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with Patrick's email address and contact number for me to forward him my floor plan

Thanks

bearyhugs

Hi Shuhann,
Din know that your wed was also at MC? When's your wed? Over already or nearing? We just had ours on the 20th May. MC offered us 30L complimentry though with extra 20L if we can hit 45 tables. But we managed to bargain for a good no. of wine bottles corkage waiver. Andy was really good to us... We also managed to upgrade our wed suite to their presidential suite. U wan to see our Wed photos link? Can send them to you too...:>

piper

hello Beary,

Issit ok for u to send me pics of your house as well? [email protected]

I'm now sourcing for IDs for my new flat. Still undecided who to engage. Does Ho Bee do designing as well or are they purely contractors? Who do I contact if I want them to give me a quote?

TIA.

shuhann

hi bearyhugs,
my wedding is end of this year, Dec
happy.gif
patrick and the rest attended your wedding right?
happy.gif
we met him the night he is attending your wedding..yeap, ours will be in MC too..the beer they offered you the same as ours too..but we can't hit 45..did you ordered extra beer aside from the 20L complimentary? if yes, how much more and how much u spent on the beer? may i know how much wine corkage Andy gave you? my coordinator was jennifer, she has left, so now not sure who is our coordinator..we got waived of 1 wine corkage for each table and we trade of the complimentary tea voucher for another 6/7 bottles..how about u? hmm..must try to upgrade our suite too
happy.gif

btw, how's andy? how's his service? were he there on your wedding night? i saw from the forum, his service is quite bad..

you've sent me your wedding link bearyhugs
happy.gif
i asked from you from the GHA link..you may have forgotten..but it's alright..your photos are lovely..your wedding gown are so sweet
happy.gif
likewise your evening gown
happy.gif
me signed up with GHA too..PS will be end of next month..me haven't started anything on wedding preparation..more excited about the house..how was your honeymoon in Bali?
happy.gif

shuhann

hi gals,
went up to my place to look last night..the wiring is done..the master bedroom's bathroom tiles are up except for flooring..same goes to the bomb shelter tiles..

btw, did you gals noticed that patrick conceals the wiring under the floor tiles? this is the first time i got to know that they can actually do that..just wondering, if the wires spoilt, does that mean they have to hack the flooring to change the wires? isn't that cumbersome?

ssb

hi shuhann,

v strange to conceal wiring under floor tiles. perhaps u wanna ask patrick to clear ur doubt. my thinking is, if the wiring spoilt, u hv to lay a new trunking on the wall & leave the wiring on the floor permanently.

shuhann

sunsetbay,
yeah, you are right..will check with patrick..actually we want a power point on the corridor wall, therefore from what i noticed, patrick lay the wire from our master bedroom's socket to that corridor wall point..abit difficult to explain..trying to make an appointment to see him tis saturday to clarify a few things..

tis thread has become abit quiet hor..

my_rock_baby

hey people, need some help here. Anyone of u know where to buy this item?? This item widely used by those cleaning lady in office/shopping centre, etc.

289545.jpg
289546.jpg