Hilarion Goh Photography

D

ding dong

Thanks for your advice. Think in that case, I should save up to buy a better one.
happy.gif

leo

hi hilarion

are you still available from 2 nov (customary) to 3 nov 2003 (banquet)? if so, can i get a quotation from you? thank-you.

H

hilarion

Dear Leo, I am indeed sorry that I have already been booked for the 2nd November 2003.

squirt

Hi Hilarion,

Read so much about you taking photos for actual day. Do you do indoor and outdoor photography?

H

hilarion

Dear Squirt, thank you for your enquiry. At present, I only do actual day and overseas weddings but not studio at this point-in-time. Do feel free to call me at 7000 008 0088 or page me at 9500 0088 for an appointment. I shall not be in town from 20 - 24 July 2003.

M

me

Hi Hilarion

saw from the homepage of SingaporeBrides there is a promotion for ROM photography. However, my ROM is on a Fri. May I know what is the charge and terms for a Friday ROM shoot? thks v much.

blur

hilarion, would like to view some of your works. where can i view this? you have gotten a showroom or something like that? I am searching for actual day photographer and videographer.

thanx

H

hilarion

Hi! blur, do call me at 7000 008 0088(OneSolution number)or page me at 9500 0088 for an appointment. I do not do video though, however, I recommend you Adrian from Video Lane.

H

hilarion

There are many labs in Singapore such as Colour Lab at Adelphi, Konota at Peninsula, Fotohub at OUB Centre, Soo Kee(many outlets), RGB at Beach Road or Windsland just to name a few. As for me, I personally attend to the colour corrections and printing myself. I do not leave that to the lab assistants to do that because of quality control.

jellie

Hi Hilarion,

I'm thinking of buying a digital camera, so it would be great if you could give me some comments on the following models:

1) Canon PowerShot A70
2) Canon Digital IXUS V3
3) Nikon Coolpix SQ
4) Nikon Coolpix 3500

My budget is around $700. Do we have to buy the memory card separately?

Thanks alot for your help!

H

hilarion

Hi! Jellie, go for the Canon A70 or IXUS 400. Memory cards have to be purchased seperately.

jellie

Hello Hilarion,

Thanks for your recommendations. Sorry for the trouble, but what do you think of Fujifilm A303? I went to Safe Superstore yesterday, and was told that Fuji digital cameras are better as their camera lens are better. Dunno true anot :p

The salesman also told me that Fuji cameras with 2 megapixels are equivalent to 3.2 megapixels for other brands like Canon. Is that true?

H

hilarion

You are welcome, Jellie. That is a pretty understatement. Please note that true optical resolution and interpolated resolution are different. Only go for the true and not for the interpolation. For digital cameras, my advice is to buy from shops such as Alan Photo, MS Color, Paris Silk Store, Cathay Photo, just to name a few. They are definitely cheaper. Go for the Canon or Nikon. They are still the top two brands in the market and have been making cameras for professional photographers.

hedwig

Hilarion did my ROM pictures in June. The pictures were very nice and relatives and friends had positive comments.

He makes sure that all the important moments are taken and his pictures has very good proportioning. He also had a balanced mixture of journalistic, close-up on the flowers, rings etc. and some "sweet, smiling into camera" pictures. This variety is great to have because it makes your album more interesting.

Hilarion's pictures are lively and cheerful, like ROM pictures should be.

Most importantly, Hilarion has a cheerful personality, patient and very polite to my relatives and friends.

H

hilarion

Thanks for your compliments and I will certainly even strive to serve you better for your actual day. If you want to do your overseas shoot, do let me know.

H

hilarion

Dear Melody,

I am having a promotion for those who booked before the 31st August 2003 at $108.00 only complete with up to 40 pcs 4R prints with album and CD of the original files.Please note that it is not valid for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and those held outside the ROM premises. Do feel free to call me at 9663-0088 should you require an appointment.

H

hilarion

For those who are keen to know the awards of the top stuff, here it is. It was extracted from dpreview.

TIPA Awards 2003 - 2004
Best Digital Photo Products in Europe, 2003 - 2004

Pentax *ist: Best 35mm SLR Camera
Fujifilm Zoom Date F2.8: Best 35mm Compact Camera
Hasselblad X-Pan II: Best Prestige Camera
Canon EF 17-40 mm f/4 L USM: Best Lens
Olympus 4/3 Digital System: Best Innovative Technology
Nikon Coolpix SQ: Best Design
Hasselblad H1: Best Professional Product
Kodak Royal Supra 200/400: Best Colour Negative Film
Fujifilm Velvia 100F: Best Colour Slide Film
Olympus Mju 400 Digital: Best Digital Consumer Camera
Sony Cybershot DSC-V1: Best Digital Prosumer Camera
Canon EOS 1Ds: Best Digital SLR System Camera
Imacon Ixpress: Best Digital Professional Product
Sony DCR-TRV 950: Best Camcorder
Epson Perfection 3200 Photo: Best Flatbed Scanner
Minolta Dimage Scan 5400: Best Film Scanner
Epson Stylus Photo 900: Best Photo Printer
JASC Paint Shop Pro 8: Best Consumer Software
Tetenal Fine Art: Best Inkjet Photo Paper
Lexar 2GB 40x-Speed Prof. Series CompactFlash: Best Digital Accessory

jellie

Hi Hilarion,

Thanks a lot for your comments and list of award-winning cameras! Very useful for a layman like me
happy.gif

H

hilarion

You are welcome Jellie and I thought it might be useful. I was just being a kpo, you see
lol.gif

H

hilarion

Dear Winnie, I have already attached the price list for your perusal. Do feel free to call for an appointment.

H

hilarion

As I shall be overseas until 24th July 2003, please obtain my price list from [email protected]. In case that you are using Yahoo mail, you may not get your attachment in good order, you can write to [email protected] for a price list. She could be contacted at 9667-6913 and do leave your contact with her for me to follow-up when I return. Should you require to contact me urgently, you can call me at 9663-0088.

tulip

Hi Hilarion,

Usually, where did you send your CD for printing? If you dont mind telling me... Previously, i sent my CD to a shop at tiong bahru plaza for printing. Quite like their skill, but now the shop no longer there
I tried to send my CD to a few other photoshops for printing (4R Matt Kodak Royal). But the printouts are disappointed. Colour not rich some even look dull moreover not very sharp.. Those pictures are taken from my Sony P9 digital Camera

H

hilarion

Dear Tulip,

I sent them to several labs in Singapore. I would advice the use of glossy paper actually. Colour labs such as Konota, Colour Lab and Nets Imaging, Fotohub and RGB are all good labs but expect them to be really cheap, though.

Hi! u2, I am still avaliable on 13 Jan 2004. Do feel free to call me at 7000 008 0088 for an appointment.

I am aware that there is a problem in receiving my automated price list for those using Yahoo Mail. It turns out garbage. So for those of you who are using Yahoo Mail, please send your mail to [email protected] and I shall do my utmost best to reply your mail as soon as possible. For those of you wanting to have their studio pictures taken, do watch out for something exciting coming up.

For those interested in doing their photography in Japan, do write to me for further details. Leaving end March or early April 2004.

babestaurus

Hi,
Understand u hv got a ROM promo going on now. Can I check are you available on 9 sept 2003?

Also, yr ROM promo dos it incld return of all negatives?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Hi! Yvonne, I shall return all original files on the CD. I am currently still available for that day, however to be entitled to the $108 package, it has to be confirmed within the month of August 2003. This price of $108.00 will not be repeated and for those who want to have this price for the promotion will have to book before the end of this month.

Limited to 6 couples only. 27 - 29 October 2003 to Malacca. Price includes trip, accomodation, make-up and photography session, custom-made album and CD with all original files taken during session. All these at a very special price of $2,888 only. Please make your bookings early.

Dear all, thanks for the overwhelming enquiries about the Malacca session. This project will be done by our new company Tri-Angles which comprises of 2 photographers, Triston Yeo and I will be there for the session.

jedi

Dear Hilarion,

I am impressed by all the comments in this forum. Looking forward to having our pictures taken by you on 27 Sep. Best regards!

Hey Jed, Looking forward to your big day too. Thankfully, you have booked me much earlier as so many people are still looking for photographers for that day.

For those who are still keen to go to Malacca for their photoshoot, please sign up by the 5 September 2003 as we regret that we will not be able to take bookings after that.

shirubia

Hihi! David & I love the wedding pictures you took for us on 31 August 03! They are fantastic!
happy.gif

Thank you for advising & helping us throughout our wedding preparations & not to forget meeting our endless 'demands' as well! ;) You are our angel! Cheers! Catch you again after my honeymoon.

tweetie

Hi Hilarion,

I am interested to know the price quotes that u hv for next yr 2004. I m intending to have my photshoot in Sept. Will u still be availabe?? And btw, can u update me or give me more details abt the japan trip. My hubby n I will be interested. But we would to know how long will we be in japan n the price etc?

Hope to hear from u.

my email address is [email protected]