Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

piper

hi hi..

I've booked my package last year & in the contract, it states that i'm allowed to choose my favours from fruit cake, pralines, potpurri or chopsticks. Will i be allowed to choose from the other items that bubblefun has mentioned?

I tot the magnet photoframe/coasters will be lovely as well...

does anyone knows if I can choose that as well?

sss

sss u can ask ur co-ordinator. mine is on leave. so hv to wait till she's back.

i think it's lousy. just a stalk of flower in a pathetic looking vase when all other hotels already hv something new.

bubblefun

sss

Is yr Co-orginator Grace? mine is also on leave adn she is Grace :D

the resturant i refer to is onthe second flr, the name is 'Pontini' if i spelled it correctly
happy.gif

the new ballroom is still under reno.. it will be ready by August they said...

bubblefun

Piper,

the favours are allow if you are willing to pay the extra i guess... my favours are onli fruitcakes and chocolates even though i sign with citibank promo leh....
sad.gif

my co-ordinator told me if my tables are more then they can give me more opinions on the favours lor.... my tables are 33+2 but we are inviting abt 390 now... hopefully if my attendance is 370 pax, i can get more choices.

sss

hi bubblefun, no my co-ord is elena. i think most of them are on leave. maybe hotel business not so good lately.

when did u all sign up? we signed up abt 1.5 yr ago which is ard early 2002. did u all read the contract carefully?

mei

Hi Bubblefun

It is the UOB Promotion that includes Special wedding favours instead of Chocolates or fruit cakes not CitiBank. Mine is the UOB promotion.

sss

hi mei, mine was the citibank promo. and it was stated tt special wedding favours instead of chocolate pralines or fruit cakes in the contract too!

sss

hi all,

just a reminder:

for citibank promo, it comes w $100 t-dragon printer and $100 june florist vouchers. it's not stated in the contract, but pls rem to get them from ur co-ord when ur wedding date is nearer.

are u all going to use the GCW inv cards? I think a bit ugly leh. but we'll use the red one for relatives. make our own cards for our own friends.

and for the june florist, no idea how good they're. wonder what can the $100 do for the decor. dun intend to spend much on the decor. but really hope at least the $100 can give a better centrepiece on the tables.

oso asked my co-ord abt the wedding favours. she says yes we'll be using those new favours but will discuss 1 mth before the actual day.

bubblefun

sss

Wats the package u took? and how many tables u confirmed? maybe u getting more things than me leh but mine is also citibank prom leh...

MY tables confirmed is 33+2 (on the contract) but might extend to 37+2,

Weekday dinner but will be changing my memu to weekend menu.

my favours are the usual chocolates and fruitcakes.

can u tell me yrs?

piper

me took the citibank package too...but it states on the contract that i can choose from cake, pralines, potpurri or chopsticks....so now dunno if i can take the other favours as well...

sss

hi bubblefun, i confirmed 43+2 tables. mine is weekend.

so strange. citibank promo got differences. piper is urs weekday or weekend?

there's 1 free 30l beer oso right? n 1 superior room for helpers right?

piper

hi sss,

mine's a weekday package. Beer i think is 30L & there's a superior room for helpers....but we've changed that to a voucher for hotel stay valid for 3 months coz our helpers & family said tat they dun need the room...

I'm not aware of the $100 printing & flower vouchers...it's not stated anyway in the contract or the citibank promo. Think i'll have to ask my co-ordinator for more details...

sss

hi piper,

how much is per table on weekday for citibank promo?

we oso exchanged the superior rm for another night stay in the bridal suite since we're not rushing off to honeymoon soon.

bubblefun

sss

wow, no wonder u've got so much favours to choose from... but i tt the citibank prom is standard cos my gal actually gave me a doc. stating the list of stuffs given free if sign up with Citibank mah....

and the Weekday package is 598+++ after $18 discount is abt 668nett lor

Piper & sss.

do u have a VIP table FOC on AD? and FOC ivory cover for chairs? mine is 20litres of beer extra, on top of the first 30 liters...and of cos with the helpers room and 1 nite stay for me and him...

piper

hi sss & bubblefun,

i might have remembered wrongly...think my beer should be 20L free...

I have all the goodies that u all mentioned in the citibank promo...the ivory chair covers, 1 free host table, etc etc...

I have about 40 tables...but now, might reduce to about 35..dunno if the co-ordinator will still extend the fancy wedding favours to us or not.

sss

hi bubblefun n piper,

weekend package is $718 +++. with citibank offer, there's a discount of $18 off per table. plus we signed up during a wedding show, so another $10 off per table. so it's $690 +++ per table.

yes, 1 VIP table FOC. what's AD? yeah ivory covers too. now u mention all these, i rem.. yes 20L on top of 30L. so total 50L i think need not get more beer as it shld be enough.

piper, why not u call up ur co-ord to check w her. i think shldnt be a problem.

piper

hi sss,

my wedding in dec....still early to check now...maybe when she call up then i'll ask her as well...

but u confirm will have the $100 printing & flowers voucher? if so, then I'll "demand" it from her...

sss

yes i confirm i've. but yours is weekday n there seems to be so much difference from urs and mine, so not sure abt urs.

in fact i'm going to get them from her today coz this weekend we're going to t-dragon to print the cards.

bubblefun

piper..

kindly let me noe if you co-ordinator allow you to still have to new favours FOC anot... i will have to tekan mine when she come back from leave.... i now est. abt 35-37 instead of 33-35 liao.. and i even taking weekend menu...

Thanks

karyinn

Hi,

Is the food and the Room layout of the hotel nice?? This Saturday, I am meeting the Wedding Banquet Consultant to enquire about the wedding for 12 - 14 tables.
But don't know can get good bargain or not..-.-.. my husband to be leave all this for me to source.. very stressful...

bubblefun

Karyinn

wat u asking is not the same ballroom as most of us... cos ours is the grand ballroom which needs 35 and above tables to book.

happy.gif
sorry cant help u

C

cazz

Dear Kayinn,

Try the River Front Ballroom I have seen the designers sketch. Its really nice. The interior decor would be zen style. If you like that it would be nice. Plus you can view the promenade area which is the singapore river bank. Goodluck!

C

cazz

Dear Karyinn,

You can also try Trader's Hotel Temasek Ballroom really nice and long march in and huge reception foyer. Or with your small group try China club. They take a Maximum of 15 tables. Good Luck!

C

cazz

Dear Karyinn,

Also you can try The Executive Club. As they take in a maximum of 20 tables. You will have a view like in Equinoxx but at half the price.

bubblefun

Karyinn

Haytt hotel got one small ballroom rectangle shape wan... the ceiling lightings very nice... elegant type not bad... max 28 tables

somemore its in orchard, easy to find...

karyinn

Hi ladies,

MY Rom will be at Regent Hotel Summer Palace Room. Errr, the consultant did bring me see the small ballroom. They minimum requirement is 16 tables. The room is very small.. especially the walking path. Imagine i and my FH quite big size, the marching path so small.. i think i will knock against guest chair :p

kite~

Hi,

Anyone held your wedding at the Waterfront ballroom or even the Grand Ballroom before? any comments? thanks.

aiyoyo

hi, those GCW brides, can u tell me how long does it takes to march in for the L shape arrangement so tt i can prepare a song tt's long enough. thanks.

storm

well, partly depends on how fast you walk. another thing is that the sound room can see when you are almost at the stage, so they will slowly lower the volume of the music. I watched my video and counted, it took us 45 sec from the time the door opened to the time we did the L shaped walk in. But it wasn't one of those slow elegant walks, it was like a nice walk in the park kind. so anything from 45sec to one min. hope this helps

aiyoyo

alamak! the most 1 min only ah? normal songs also got 2min + min leh. so sad... ok anyway, thanks for the info.

but i guess i'll be walking slower than u becos my wedding gown is v heavy. evening gown much lighter.

kite~

Hi,

I have checked with GCW. The waterfront ballrooom which is the smaller one cater for minimum 10 and maximum 25 tables. Anyone has already book this ballroom since now it's still under renovation? thanks.

eggie

hi kite,
i thought waterfront ballroom take minimum 20 and maximum 28? who do u talk to? i'm thinking of going to see the ballroom within this month. they said almost ready with some finishing touches.

btw, do u have any idea how many wedding they can accommodate in one night? since so many ballroom.

bubblefun

aiyoyo,

actually the song shld played all the way till u finished the cake cutting lor... not to worry abt the mins...

kite~

hi eggie,

yup that's what the GWC's staff told me. sorry i cant remember the name of the staff. Btw when do u intend to hold your wedding? me too i thought of going down to take alook at the new ballroom after renovation since my wedding will be end of next year. u?
happy.gif

eggie

hi kite,

my wedding will be in oct next year. i only need about 20-25 tables and thinking of going down soon to see if i like the Waterfront ballroom.

kite~

hi eggie,

ok do keep me update on ur viewing. thanks. maybe u can email or call them up to get the quotation and the menu for the wedding dinner.

eggie

hi kite,

i have not gone done for viewing. I'll only do so in another 2 weeks time. Will let you know. Now very curious how it looks. I only know many people says that the Waterfront ballroom looks nicer than the Riverfront but Waterfront have two big pillars. Hmm...will see if we like it.

When r u going down to take a look?

september

Helo everybody!

Has anyone choosen the flowers going to be usefor the ballroom flower stands, and table centrepiece decors?

Does anyone noe wat are the choices?
happy.gif

september

Hey everybody!

I also heard that hotels wont be allowed to park any cars rite in front of the hotel enterance anymore, due to the Indonesia Marriot Hotel Bombing incident... issit true???
sad.gif

kite~

Hi eggie,

I m not sure when i m going down. perhaps later. Remember to keep me update.
happy.gif
btw i heard the waterfront ballroom really nice as it consists of transparent window glass? not so sure...
happy.gif

eggie

hi kite,

i'll update you. I don't think waterfront ballroom has transparent window glass. You can already see some comments in another tread called conrad vs gcw. hope it helps.