Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

jinglebell10

Hi Vivian,

Everything went well and I have good comments on the food and service. Don't worry!

I'm sure your wedding will also be great! You are in good hands!
happy.gif

Jinglebell,

congrats to u..
gd to hear good comments.. any prob with the florist? from previous posts seems that most brides has prob with the florist..

joan6699

Hi Ladies

do u all need to pay 50% for the food tasting?
Wonder is it necessary to go for the food tasting... How u all gals think?

rebeana

Hi Heartz

I don't have to pay for the food tasting if I hit 40 tables, which is their min for their grand ballroom.

I personally don't think it is necessary to go for the food tasting.. I mean, so what are you going to do if the food isn't to your expectation and you don't like it? Will they really change or take note of it? And in the first place, they will definately do a good job for you for the food tasting..

But then, I might still be going.. Because bf's parents think we should.. :p

rebeana

Hi Hertz

But the thing is, if I don't go for the free food tasting, I can exchange it for 1 table during AD..

My AD is still far away.. On the 15 Jan 2011

joan6699

oh....
seen like exchange for 1 table on actual day is a better offer... haha..
but if both side's parent reali wan it, also no choice...

now i also trying to cyco my HTB not to hav food tasting. haha

jinglebell10

I have no problem with the florist at all. I made appointment to meet her and confirmed everything and all was in place on my wedding day. Was quite happy with the setup done by JM Floral.

Overall, I am happy that I had my banquet at Grand Copthorne Waterfront.

jinglebell10

Dear all,

I just finished my wedding at Grand Copthorne Waterfront. I have some wines left over from my wedding (the same ones as the in-house wine served at the hotel). The name of the wine is Santa Helena. If you are interested, can PM me or drop me an email at [email protected]

Heartz, i will not be gg for food tasting.. cos we feel that e std will nt differ much frm foodtasting to actual..

Jinglebell, great to hear tat.. any pics to share with us?

joan6699

how i wish i can dont go for my food tasting, but my bf told me is the opportunity for both parent to meet up
sad.gif

Hi Jolene
When is ur AD?

Hi jinglebell,
congratz to u...
Can share the menu that u hav order?

renerene

Huh? Thought food tasting is to let you confirm the dishes you want for your AD?
Can choose and change the dishes if you are not happy during food tasting, right?

vivberry

Hi Jinglebell ,

I am so glad to hear about the good review . At first i am still worried about the Florist , now i am looking forward to mine ... ( any pic to share)

joan6699

Hi
mine will be on the 20 of june
happy.gif

last night jus ask my parent abt the food tasting & they think that is a necessary. guess i just hav to surrender! haha....

Jolene, urs is at grand ballroom?

blissful_jas

Hi Heartz,

Sorry for the late reply. I've seen the draft artwork and have approved. However, I'm holding back the printing because the guest list is not confirmed plus I'm printing on the cards instead of inserts. I just have to give them a call to print the cards once I'm definite about the numbers. I'm planning to print the cards after CNY so that it'll be ready before mid March.

joan6699

Hi Blissjas,
Is it very huge different in the amount for printing the insert or in the card?

Heard Tdragon card dun have much nice design.. is it true? haha

guess i also hav to put appointment soon after i confirm my estimated guestlist
happy.gif

maisie

Hi Heartz, i have 245 cards and it costs $109 to print inserts and $188 to print on the cards directly with gold ink...

Anyone had major issues with Grand Copthorne before?

rebeana

Hmmm I think for me I will just print inserts since not many people actually read or even notice the invitation cards..

Oh, but then, mine is still a long long long long way to go

joan6699

Hi Jere's Wife, Thank for the information
cant wait to go to Tdragon... hahaha

Hi Rebeana, dun worry... time will pass very fast... that time when i book my AD, is on the Mar 2009, i also thought it still very far away... yet now it coming and i havent prepare anything. haha

joan6699

Hi Rebeana

I haven't go to photoshoot yet.
Will be going on first week of march.

Due to my hubby busy schedule, he will only free after feb. so alot of thing, gonna do on march onward
sad.gif

jinglebell10

Hi,

was away for a short getaway.. just came back. thanks all for your wishes. but i do not have pics to share yet coz my photographer's photos are not ready yet.. but dun worry. i'm sure the designs of the ballroom will be to your likings
happy.gif

carolinn

Hi All!

Sorry to disturb,

Have some wines leftover from my wedding luncheon ended early January. They are Pierre Jean Merlot (France) - 2008. Have about 33 bottles left. and some Pierre Jean White Wine left too.

Not too sure but heard this is the wine that Goodwood Park serves during wedding banquets. If you BTBs and GTBs are interested can let me know yah?

I am selling at $16 a bottle, but if you are getting them in bulk can negotiate slightly. Self collection.

Please email me at carolinn80@gmail as I do not check forum that often. Cheers!

fluffystuff

Hi all! I've finished my wedding at GCW as well. Feedback on food is quite good.
happy.gif
We went for food tasting and we changed a couple of dish cuz they were not much to our liking. We paid 50% for food tasting cuz we thot that it'd be a good opportunity for both parents to meet as well.

Generally everything went well with the coordinators, banquet managers, T-dragon, and everyone else except florist.
sad.gif

vivberry

Hi Calla ,

I will be meeting sheena on this sat to discusse on the food and wedding favour etc .. Can share with me the dishes ..

zhuzhu2

Hi

I am thinking of having my wedding for next year in GCW.Any one mind sharing some pic and packages with me? You can pm me. Thanks a lot.

karenluva

Hello to all ladies…

I just sign up with GCW last Sunday 24 Jan 2010 at their wedding show…
After reading … it seems like I’m paying a rather high price for a Sunday wedding..
BTW.. my AD is Very far from now.. 13 Nov 2011…

I paid $978 for each table… it is expensive?? Although it is too late to do anything…

Cheers,
Karen

jonathan_c19

hmm... just a gauge for you, probably you can get $880 per table for Sunday if you book it like a month ago. Than again, they do not accept any booking after Apr'11. Probably this is the best deal you can get for a long time ahead

karenluva

Hi rebeana.. 13 Nov 2011 is a Sunday...
Thank you jonathan...

GCW's ballroom is really huge and spacious.. Plus the tall ceilings.. i really got nothing to complain... i really like the ballroom and spacious foyer very much...

Just a bit shocking to find that 2011 price went up so much compare to 2010...
sad.gif

jjbliss

Hi Karen,

My Fiance and I also signed up at the show and our wedding date is very near yours, 06/11/2011.

We went to the Aug 09 GCW show and was quoted 888 per table for a sunday and was hoping for a similar price but was disappointed that it was 978 this time around.

But judging by the trend, come later this year or early next yr, when our dates are more readily available among all hotels, the prices for other hotels would also be in this region. Cos all hotels usually increase their prices every 6 months or so by about $50. that's y they charge us additional $50 per table to anticipate that.

So if we find GCW affordable now as compared to the rest, by 2011, it wld still be affordable among all hotels as they wld have increased their price as well. =)

anyway juz being kiasu, can we compare the perks we got? maybe can pm me den i reply u cos ur pm not on.. now all we have to do is look forward to 2011! =)

shinchan09

Hi all,

just signed up GCW at their wedding show last Sunday. We were quite satisfied with our wedding consultant
happy.gif
The perks are not bad too, but to enjoy the perks, need to pay everything via DBS credit card.

hamtaroqoo

My AD is on 19 Dec this year and I haven't even done anything except GCW confirmation. Am I too slack!?!?!?! sigh....

Hi Calla,
What happened to the florist? Mind to share your experience with them? I'm quite worried becos u're not the 1st one to complain about them in this forum.

hello agnes! i think u should start looking for your bridal shop soon....

yep i also heard lotsa complaints about the florist... =(

fluffystuff

Hi Vivian,
sorrie for the late reply. Was away on holiday! :p Our dinner was on wkn .We had the chinese & japanese platter, braised sharksfin, roasted crispy chicken with curry leaves, steamed tiger prawns, stir fried scallops in szechuan sauce, sliced abalone, steamed garoupa and eefu noodles.

Good reviews for the platter and crispy chicken is a must have!
happy.gif

Besides one california maki from the platter, unfortunately, i didn't manage to eat anything else that day.
sad.gif

Hope this helps.

fluffystuff

Hmm.. dun wanna comment too much on the florist. Just that they have serious attitude problem. In the end, i got my coordinator to liaise with them. I refused to talk to them at all.

Please make sure that everything agreed upon is written and do check through what they have written.
happy.gif