Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

fanger

Morning... hi, i also had booked GCW as my wedding dinner. I booked the waterfront ballroom. I going food tasting this wednesday. My ad is on 31 Jan 2010. left 1 month +. hope it will goes fine.

charray

May i check with anyone who might have an idea... if i were to engage an external florist to do up my ballroom decor, how much will it cost per table? (roughly)... coz i saw in GCW's package, there's no sash tie backs provided for the chairs...only chair covers provided... then if i want additional flowers and tiebacks for all chairs, is it possible? Thanks!

chilaka

Hi CharRay

I was told that only the VIP tables will have seats with sash to differentiate the guests seats from the VIP seats. However, sash can be added to other seats at $3 per sash.

keysmaker_

Hey girls!

I need your advice. Would you girls prefer a weekday banquet (Monday) at grand ballroom or a sunday banquet at waterfront? considering the face that one ambience is better and yet the price is the same.... but the -ve issue is that one is at weekday and the other at weekend...

like to hear from you....

evelove87

Hi girls,

Sheena get back to me $880 per table for our dinner on Sunday in 2011. Inclusive of free flow beer and 1 bottle of wine per table. Must confirmed by tmr. Shall I take up?

hamtaroqoo

Hi Candice, are these two your only choice available? If given to me, of cos I would choose the grand ballroom because its so much different as compared to the waterfront room in terms of their size and design. And moreover, I think the attendance for wkends will be higher than wkdays leh..

evelove87

Hi Agnes,

The package includes the following
50% off the package price on selected menu for food tasting for 10 persons
A selection of wedding favours as give away to all guests
A dinner for the couple in the Bridal Suite before the reception (one main course with one non-alcoholic beverage per person from the In-Room Dining Menu)
One night stay in our romantic Bridal Suite with fruit basket and set breakfast-in-bed or buffet breakfast at Café Brio’s for the newly-weds
Complimentary use of one set of LCD projector with screen
A selection of exclusively designed invitation cards with envelopes based on 70% of confirmed attendance (excludes printing)
Guest book and pen for the reception desk
VIP parking lot at the hotel’s entrance for the bridal car
Receive 20% of parking coupons based on confirmed attendance
Free flow of beer during lunch/dinner OR Complimentary one bottle of red wine per confirmed table to be consumed during lunch/dinner only
Complimentary use of 2nd set of LCD Projector with Screen
Corkage waiver for all hard liquor brought into the hotel
Receive an additional 10% parking coupons based on confirmed attendance

brided

hi Agnes,
I just wedded in late november and my package also includes: a complimentary 1 night stay for helpers (1 room only), and complimentary use of the function room (I used it for my ROM 1 week prior to my dinner, which saved me $)
I had a good experience with GCW, largely due to the fact that provided good service. perhaps it is due to the disadvantage in location (some of my guest had trouble finding the place), GCW is eager to please the guest with good service. As for food, they have a unique edge over other hotels, my guest liked the generous serving of sharksfin, and other dishes.
But I must say they are not fabulous at managing banquets, unlike places like Nobel House. And the decor is not fantastic, unlike Merchant Court Hotel.

siling3

Hi Karen,

you mentioned that you got BOTH free flow of beer and 1 bottle of wine per table? tout its supposed to be EITHER? pls advise. thks!

hamtaroqoo

Hi Tan,
Thanks for your kind advice. However the reason that I have chosen GCW is their nice grand ballroom and their price is really good as compared to other hotels. Did u hold yours at the ballroom?

hamtaroqoo

I think Karen's wed package is different from the $888 one. $888 comes with free flow beer and 2 bottles of wine per confirmed table.

siling3

Hi Agnes,

I believe the one that you mentioned is obtained during the wedding fair?

As far as I am aware, the current promo is either free flow of beer or a btl of wine per confirmed table. Thus I am a bit confused by karen's package. Cos we tried asking for BOTH free flow of beer and a btl of wine per confirmed table but our request was rejected.

U mean, the hotel practices double standard?

hamtaroqoo

Hi Siling,

I heard that many couples gotten package with free flow beer AND bottles of wine during the hotel's anniversary promotion. I dun think its considered double standard but different perks and discounts on diff promotion period.
happy.gif

leowceri

Hey Everyone
I am consider GCW in my selection of hotel banquet for around 30 plus table.

Any feedback on the food, service, ambience (i.e deco) on the place?

siling3

Hi Agnes,

I understand that. Actually, what I am referring is the current promo. Cos Christine mention BOTH free flow beer and wine thus I am confused. Nevertheless, she has cleared up the miscommunication. So, I guess no more confusion.
happy.gif

siling3

I dun think got 880 package de leh...
Lunch - 788 nett
dinner (weekday) - 838 nett
dinner (sun) - 888 nett
dinner (fri & sat) - 1,068 nett

maybe another typo lo... keke

evelove87

Hi Siling, mine is for wedding in 2011. There is an increase of $50 per table for wedding in 2011. So sunday wedding in 2011 will be $888+$50. But current promo is $58 discount per table. So all add up tp $880 nett. ;-)

xiaop03

Hi all BTB like to check is it the norm for GCW to only offer 50% discount for their food tasting, and that no superior room is available for helpers on AD? Cos thats wat i understand from Elizabeth. She mention that waiver of the food tasting only for 50 tables and above. Anyone have any idea what are the promotion perks under the wedding fair next year Jan?

rebeana

My AD is on Jan 2011.. I think it depends on their different type of promo.. For me, my min table is 40 tables to enjoy the free food tasting.. I negotiated for their big ballroom(cant rem the name) to accommodate 38 tables with Elizabeth agreed but that will mean no food tasting..

For my promo, mine comes with room for helpers
happy.gif

poponta

My AD is on Jan 2011 too and I booked the package in Oct where they include their hotel's 10th year anniversary perks...eg room for helpers, free flow beer+2 bottles of wine per confirmed table, free food tasting.

jonathan_c19

I will be booking my banquet in Mar 2011 (note, i still enjoy the $58 rebate as i confirm before 15 Dec), dinner is on a weekday, price is about $780 a/f rebate. GCW offers either free flow beer or 1 bottle of wine per table, no helper room, 50% off food tasting and etc...

Actually, i thought of asking for the helper room and free food tasting or even 1 wine per table. Either one will do, do you guys think it is too much?

charman0810

Hi Junwei, will your date be a weekday or weekend? I try to ask for the perks that you r requesting and was turned down. Reason being I already entitled to the $58 rebate and mine is weekend. I thought they are under the same management as Orchard hotel but then Orchard Hotel seem to be able to offer cash rebates at the same time can give alot of perks like free flow beer and wine etc.

jonathan_c19

Hi Char, Mine is on a weekday (tentatively).. same here as well.. kana rejected because of the cash rebate.. but overall, i think the cash rebate is still better.. the saving can afford to offset 1 wine per table and a helper room

vivberry

Hi ,

I am kinda worried after reading all the post regard to the GCW on the florist etc .. my AD is on 14 Mar 2010 and scare the outcome is not wat i expected . The Florist seem to be Irresponsible and the serve is too fast ( my cousin also commented after attend her friend AD on Dec)

charman0810

Hi Gum drops, mine was weekend dinner as well. try to ask for the helpers room but to no avail as they commented we already have the $ discount.

Hi Vivian whats the problem with the florist?

vivberry

Hi all,

Sorry if my pervious post kind of misleading. I have only spoken to the florist on Phone, she give me the feeling of no imperative. My worried started to build when after reading most of the histories post that commented bad on the florist..
Karen: GCW is quite good choice for bouquet on the price we paying. The foods have the standard and the comfortable ambience too... My coordinator is Sheena Tan; she is friendly and prompt replies my email.

I guess Florist is the only problem i am facing .

joan6699

Hi vivian
my actual day is also on sunday.

when u gng for the food tasting?
do share with me abt the menu k.

Thank so much

joan6699

Hi can someone advise me abt the wedding card?
My AD is on June, and according to the schedule,
it said must collect the card from printer 4 month b4? any idea?

blissful_jas

Hi Heartz,

My wedding is in June too. I have already visited tdragon (the card company assigned by GCW). I will be printing the cards early due to work commitments.

Basically, you will choose the card you like then decide on the printing style. Printing on inserts will be much cheaper than on cards itself. They will do the layout for you to approve after you have placed your order. After approval, they will require about 10 days to print the cards. So, you have to work backwards if you do not wish to print the cards early.

deerixp

Heartz

I just went to Tdragon last week.. hahaha.. next week will be proof reading the layout..My wedding end of March.

jinglebell10

Dear all,

I just finished my wedding at Grand Copthorne Waterfront. I have some wines left over from my wedding (the same ones as the in-house wine served at the hotel). The name of the wine is Santa Helena. If you are interested, can PM me or drop me an email at [email protected]

vivberry

Hi Jinglebell ,

Congratz to you !! So hows the wedding dinner goes ? Any thing that can share with us on their service or any thing that we need to pay attand on ?