Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

hamtaroqoo

hahaha...I was thinking, imagine all the GCW brides to meet together and discuss about our weddings..that will be so fun!!!
happy.gif

i am also looking for VG!
i like Substance Flim but they are exp! any similar to substance flim to recommand?

Icager - u are the best hehehe

PG i have someone in mind liaoz... just looking for VG hehehe

i wait for ur email =D

penguingal

1270056.jpg

Hi Brides to be,
I wan to bring something to your attention.
Attended a wedding dinner on Wed, everything was well except for the fish dish. As u can see from the photo, the waiter served us this dish. First glance, we thought the waiter sent wrongly cos its obviously leftover remains of the fish. After some time, then the waiter brought us the already portioned out in small plate for us. I think we have to take note cos old ppl might not be happi as seems inauspicious. Waiter should cut the fish in front of the guests. It will be more appropriate. Perhaps u gals can take note of this little part. Its not something v.v serious but I believe we want everything to be perfect including friends' feedback abt the food. Tats why we are all here, discussing n sharing litle details. ^.^

icager

Hi Penguin...=D Sure , whats yr email add?
Thanks for your info on this issue.
Agree with you that its rather inauspicious to many...

evelove87

Hi, I am 2011 bride. My ideal date is in July 2011. My bf and I have went to view the GRAND Ballroom and we really love it!!! The current perks for rebate of $58 is really very good deal. I know that is valid for wedding held before 30 April 2010. Do u think i shld try to sign up with them now or should wait till the perks from the next wedding show? pls help!!!

alas_double_

Hi Karen,
This is up to u to decide... Me & my HTB attended almost 10 plus of wedding show fr Feb 2009 to May 2009 before we decided to hold our wedding @ marina mandarin in May 2010. Yes, waterfront ballroom is nice! My advise to u is, take yr time to attend all hotels of wedding show before u commit becos i realise a hotel holds many wedding show in a year... Hope u find a satisfied ballroom soon
happy.gif

Cheerz,
AgnesGAL

maisie

hi Karen, my advise is to book now..if u were to wait for the next wedding show, ur ideal date might not be available...u will never know if grand cop raises its price next year or not too... =) just my 2 cents tots...

icager>> can share with me e details of e pkg as well? can email to [email protected]

Karen>> if u r particular abt e date.. i suggest u book 1st, as ur ideal date might nt be available esp if it is an auspicious date..

however u mus oso like e plc b4 u sign with them..

hamtaroqoo

Dear Karen
Agreed with the rest. You should book NOW or else your idea date might be gone....you will be surprised that a lot of couples actually book more than one year in advance..

evelove87

Agnes Goh, Jolene and Jere's Wife>>>

Thank you ladies, for ur advise! I have email Sheena, the banquet manager. Now waiting for her reply.

Btw the package does not include waiver of wine corkage. I can either choose free flow beer or 1 wine for every confirmed table. Nid to pay 50% for food tasting.

Do you think it will be too "over" to ask for free flow beer + 1 wine for every confirmed table+ free food tasting?

hamtaroqoo

Dear Karen
I dun think its too much lar...in fact it is quite a norm to have free flow of beer AND 1 wine per confirmed table. You can try to nego with her to add in all these...

evelove87

Agnes>> Anyway, Sheena, the senior banquet manager has replied me already. She say nid to increase $50.00 per table! Ridiculous lo! I m signing up now because of the current promo lei!

evelove87

She nv mention. But I guess is because of that! I replied her and ask for same pricing.. dunno whether she will give anot.. haiz.. ;-(

hamtaroqoo

Karen, maybe u can choose dates before the promo which is before 30 Apr right? $50 per table is too much leh...how about the free flow beer and red wine?

evelove87

Agnes>>> I guess I have to discuss with my bf. The dates are given by Feng Shui Master and I have planned to go Taiwan for photoshoot end of next year. Everything planned. I dun wish to change lei.. Haiz.. And the Sheena is on course today. Anyone know anyone else to contact other than Sheena? More senior than her? She is the senior banquet manager. I find her abit arrogant and I dun like!!!

evelove87

Agnes.. I haven't negotiate abt the free flow beer and 1 bottle wine.. and etc. But anyone can tell me who shld I speak to other than Sheena?

hamtaroqoo

Maybe u can speak with Elizabeth? I think they are holding the same position....oh no, she is the Event Mgr leh according to her namecard given to me. And she is really a nice lady
happy.gif

Btw which BS have you signed up with for your Taiwan photo-shoot? I'm interested also =p

hamtaroqoo

Karen, I'm not sure if they can give you perks like free flow or red wine since your pkg deal comes with the $58 rebate. But no harm trying as it really helps to save a lot of $$....

evelove87

oh.. okie.. but really find that the Sheena very irresponsible lo! I left her a sms, send her email. All nv reply/return call. Anyway, my BS is with Vivi Bride. I dun think any Singaporean took package with them yet. Sign up few mths back at Raffles City. Probably u want to give me ur email add? I email u the details? Oh.. and Agnes.. when is ur BIG DAY? ;-)

shopaholicjuan

Hi Karen,

I think GCW is offering 30 litre barrel of beer and you have the option of either free flow of beer OR 1 bottle of wine per table.

I'm going down this Friday to speak with Eddie.

evelove87

Hi Christine Tan (shopaholicjuan),

I just check out from Sheena and got to understand that there is a waiver for wine too! As for the top up of $50 per table due to my wedding date, she have forward the email to her boss. Waiting for approval... I shall pray that her boss will approve!!!

fluffystuff

Hello all! Haven logged in for a while.

My mum attended a wedding dinner @ GCW on a weekday and she commented that the duet mushroom wif veggies is not nice... The fish was also not good. FYI.

I'll be going for my food tasting soon so will try to update my reviews wif pics!
happy.gif

btw, the fish posted by Penguin really looks horrid!!

Hi all! I'm interested in doing lunch banquet with GCW, but I don't think we can have at least 40 tables (ie min requirement for the Grand Ballroom).

Anyone managed to get Grand Ballroom with less tables? Will they be more flexible, since ours is a lunch, so may not be as popular as dinner?

shopaholicjuan

Hi Rainbow connection,

I think there should be room for negotiation. I'm also looking at the Grand Ballroom but I also have less than 40 tables for my wedding lunch.

I'm going to try and ask. =)

mstomrs

Hi GCW btb!

Happened to see some comments about the food..thought maybe I'd share my (2-cents)personal experience.
happy.gif

My banquet ended recently and our guests' comments were generally positive. Additionally, the hotel passed around a feedback form at the end of the banquet. I had 100% positive feedback on the taste of the food. Portion was also good. Only thing was the service, which had some comments for improvement.

Some ppl commented that the waiters/waitresses seemed like in a hurry to clear off the food/drinks. My dinner started around 8:15pm and dessert was served before 10:30pm.(Therefore, you may wish to highlight to your coordinator.)

Serving of drinks also abit slow..Guess they may not have sufficient staff (?) as it was a peak season and I think there were 4 banquets going on at the same time.

fernzy

hihi FB and I are considering wedding venues, including GCW. Actually i find Sheena is quite nice, and she replies quite fast as long as she's not away from office.

chanela

hi all,
i am considering grand corpthorne too cos of the grand ballroom. Thing is i dont know if i can fill out 40tables, and my AD we intend to hold 2011 Q3 so it is abit too early to book everything now. Bleed quite alot of $$

I havent seen other hotels yet, but having attended friend's weddings and all, i think none of those whom i attended i like, except Oriental but too expensive.

meimei_09

Hey BTB,

I agree with Frenzy.. Sheena is good & prompt in response
happy.gif
. I am with GCW, my dinner is on Feb 2010 but I am actually working in Australia.

My friend is the one who help me liaise with Sheena, I have met her before.. & she is always very prompt to reply emails (even when we ask silly & tedious questions)

Just thought I give you girls a feel of someone who has been working with Sheena for the last 10 months...
happy.gif

Cheers

rebeana

My experience with the banquet managers/coordinator is that they are always very very very busy. Yes they will reply but always like a day later or 2 which really makes me worried and wonder if they have time to coordinate and prepare for my big day..

However if you meet them, they are pretty alright people, just that I guess they are short-handed and I really don't feel good about it although I have booked my banquet with them.. What to do, beggers arn't choosers..
sad.gif

zhuge_liang

Hi Rebeana, as always every year, u got lots of wedding invitation from fren during the season of mid year and end year right? Tat's explain the busy busy busy period they are going through in order to reply ur email.

But I think probably u call them will be a better idea? If you are in a way urgent?
happy.gif

chanela

Dino, which ballroom did you take?
and i heard of some hotels telling you to pay 50% of everything 1 mth before the AD. is GCW like this? Cos i am very keen on this hotel, gathering more feedbacks before we sign w them. Love the grandballroom feel.

rebeana

Hi Zhuge Liang

Mine has already been settled. I have already booked my banquet with them, just some feedback on their service since there were some comments about it..

Yes I understand the vbusy busy busy busy period. But my point is, since they are busy busy busy, can they cope? And can they be sure they can deliver what we want? But well, its just my thoughts, and my problem have been solved.. At least for now..
happy.gif

zhuge_liang

Oic... Tat's good Rebeana... At least solved... Whatever it is, there's always a reason behind it... So look at the bright side oka... Stay happy preparing ur big day!
happy.gif

meimei_09

Hey Chanela,

My ballroom is the Waterfront Ballroom... I love the Grand Ballroom too but not enough tables for me
happy.gif
Anyway, the last time I had been there, their carpet had been changed...

No.. I just made deposit only till now. My wedding is 2 mths away, and GCW has not asked me to pay up for anything.. so maybe not worry?

I mean to put it fairly.. as what Zhuge Liang said they might be really busy during this time of the year (when there are like 2-3 weddings happening every weekend).. so is understandable that response may not be as fast.. if really want instant response, probably is call them
happy.gif