Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

hey sammi.... *sidetrack* may i know who did u get to take pics for u n ur hubby from lightpixels?

sammi0819

hey berlinda,

I gt alwin from lightedpixels.
happy.gif

i recently heard a story abt of Lightedpixels... a very disturbing one this week abt their photographer (not the one sammi used) but i cant share it here... as the persons involved i dun think they wanna disclose at this point of time... very disappointed... i went to their website and i really thought the person's work is good!

penguingal

Sammi, your actual days photos are veriiiiiii pretty.. U looked gorgeous lei. Can share with me which photographer u used on tat dae?
I saw your photos n I reali like it. Haa of cos u must be pretti enough to carry the gowns.

Hi people,

Can check with you if the perks that Happy gal mentioned earlier is still on?

Any idea what is the min.tables for the grand ballroom? any room for negotiation?

many many thanks! =)

maisie

hi chocostrawberries, the best is to contact grand copthorne for the details..

the min for grand ballroom is 40 for weekends..are you looking at weekdays or weekends? i nego till 38 tables for weekend....

maisie

gina: best to get from hotel coz in the earlier posts, someone said there will be price increase after the Aug bridal show. i am unsure too... =)

natsu_yuki

Hi!

Would like to check if anyone went for food tasting and have pictures of the food? Mine's a weekend, in 1 month's time and I have not exactly confirmed the menu with my coordinator, still deciding on a couple of items.

Would be great if someone could email me some pics! my email: [email protected]

Thank you!!

shortfart

Hi all, I am considering GCW as a venue for my wedding dinner in March 2011. Just looked through the package and price posted on Singapore Brides and it doesn't show free flow of beer and free wine...so am a little confused!COuld someone please share the latest package and the perks offered and if possible some images of the Grand Ballroom?Am looking at 40-42 tables!Thanks!

rebeana

I just went to confirm my wedding with GCW yesterday.. *happy*

Anyway my coordinator told me that I would need to liaise with her on the table liner and the florist on the deco of the ballroom which got me alittle worried especially since I am someone which no sense of design.. Im so worried that the design I chooose will not match and come out to be ugly..

rebeana

Hi Benny

My package is as of what GWC provided. Except that I have an extra room, free flow of beer and 2 bottles of confirmed wine per table.

Hi Maisie

Thanks!!! My AD is still a long long long long way to go.. 15 Jan 2011.. LOL..
Wanted to book dates from Sept - Dec 2010 but all the dates I wanted is fully booked.. So sad.. Anyway Jan 2011 is fine la..

firenze

hi Rabeana,

Don't worry. The florist has a few set designs (with photos to show you) so you can just choose from there. You can just tell them your theme and they will make suggestions cos i believe they have a lot of experience. I also don't really have an eye for aesthetic and i just went to see the florist...was quite fast esp cos i have a budget don't want to spend extra on deco. You can also look through bridal magazines to get an idea of what you want for the deco. But if you really have a fixed idea of what you want, may have to top up with the florist for extra deco or more exotic flowers.
2011 very far off la...enjoy the prep!
happy.gif

miomio

Hi, im keen in holding my wedding in GCW, i only have 25tables, so i can only take the waterfront ballroom... i understand there's two pillars in it.. On the other hand, im looking at Novotel cinnamon ballroom and M Hotel banquet suite...
Can anyone advise?

winterglee

i maybe going for food tasting, any tasted and have any comments on my menu?

1) prawn cocktail combination platter
2) braised shark fin with assorted seafood
3) roasted crispy chicken topped with deep fried garlic and almond seeds in fermented beancurd sauce
4) baked prawn wrapped in bacon with thai sauce with stir fried fresh scallops with assorted pepper in spicy sauce
5) braised duet mushrooms and conpoy with seasonal vegetable
6) steamed fresh sea bass in preserved yellow bean
7) stewed ee fu noodles with yellow chives in barbeque sauce

thanks alot if any1 can share with me your feedback
happy.gif

icager

Hi Winter,
Heard tat review for items number 2,3,4 is good..
Not sure about the rest of the dishes though.=)

U gg for the fd tasting?

icager

Most welcome....
Actually,my opinion is get the waiver of 1 table rather than food tasting.
As food tasting and actual banquet the food quality and taste will differ as they will be cookin for so many guests..=)

icager

But its up to individual too...=)
Or maybe u can ask yr co-ordinator wads their specialities...May be of help to u...

i'm gg for the free food tasting
bcos i think its a good time both families can sit down for a get together and discuss on the wedding together =D

i do agree, it will be more worth it to take the free 1 table instead heehee

fluffystuff

Icager: Thanks for the pics.

Berlinda: I'm going for food tasting next month. Thot it'll be nice for two families to meet and shun bian taste the food. Hehe..

meimei_09

Hi all
happy.gif

I am also trying to decide for the food tasting menu, wonder if I can hear from btb on their comments on food? (weekday food preferable as my AD is on a Sunday)

Lol.. worrying about food tasting when I won't even be there as I am working overseas :p

Calla ~ enjoy da food tasting !!
i think i will do mine after 2010 chinese new year haha still long way to go :p

fluffystuff

Berlinda: I shld be going for food tasting next month or early dec latest cuz AD in Jan 2010. Will try to take pics and gif my reviews.
happy.gif

Dino: AD's on sat so can only do food tasting for sat menu.