Goodwood Park Hotel

milmil

Hi moo & Junnie,

Thanks. Actually i have visited GWP before & seriously consider this. But i find that their ballroom deco quite standard unlike other hotel like Raffle. Dunno whether they are capable to do something different.

Our parents worry the food issue the most. Just want to have some feedback from all of you so that we can give them more confidence...
happy.gif

junnie

Hi Milmil,

Have u spoken to any coordinator? The red roses theme is quite nice, give me your email address i can forward some pics to u.
As for the food, no worries, the serving size, taste are good... I guess thats one of the reasons i chose the hotel.

scobido

junnie

can i c e red rose theme as well? tnx
happy.gif

when's your ad?

[email protected]

chalris

there are pple who invite more than 60tables, u will be surprised! personally i also think a smaller no is more cosy and can mingle w more pple compared to a large grp.

junnie

Hi Milmil
I have send the pics, hope it helps.
Hi Moo
I have send u the pics as well. My AD is on 8th Jan 2005. What about yours?

milmil

Junnie,

Thanks for your pics... I will seriously consider it. I find that they dun have much deco on the stage...hmm...i may have to work on that.

Now we are still discussing about the package. So far, we find that their co-ordinator is vyer helpful and friendly. Most probably we will have our wedding at Goodwood Park next year.

Hope that all of you can give me more comment on this hotel before i make my decision.

Thank you very much!
happy.gif

junnie

Hi Moo,

U got mail

Milmil
No worries, what other feedbacks u need? U can take your wedding pics in the hotel during the photoshoot, u can check with your coordinator if u are interested, For me i am more of a indoor person thus thats why did minimum outdoor shoot.

lindy_koh

Hi,
i'm new here,just called GWP, but there telling me 12-15 tables very tough..sigh..am lookin for place with a poolside to do my solemnisation.any ideas?

dilemmagal

Hi Junnie/Moo

Finally, can popped in to say "Hi". Busy on my works last few days.

Moo
Nope, hd not seen the red roses decor yet. my sales mgr is Jacqueline. If you find the ctrpiece boring, you may liaise with the flower shop to add more flowers. Jacqueline told me I can liaise directly from her.

Junnie
How's yr photoshooting. Fun? My bridal is flamingo. Waiting the album 2 b ready. Can send me the red roses decor?

junnie

Hi Dilemmagal,

Yep no prob can send u the pics, but whats your email add? Me had a blast, it was really fun, felt like a model for a day... me going to see my pics today.

scobido

hi lindy

try mercure roxy hotel located in e east?i kno w hilton has a roof top pool , unsure whether they allow solemziation for 10 - 15 tables, u can try amara?if not, shang ri-la's private collection may be ideal too =)

dilemmagal

is only 2 mths away frm your ad, everything settled? how's the food tasting?btw, do u know the payment schedule?

lindy_koh

hey thanks for the tip there. i heard that Hilton hotel has got quite a nice pool too. tried to call them to view the area, but i couldnt get a sales staff on friday - not a very good sign eh??

i'll be goin to ritz carlton to take a look as well..=P

there is a "lawn area" at the GWP rite? how is it?

tinting

Hi..
I'm new in this thread! Planning to have my solemnisation together with my wedding dinner on year 2006.
Thinking of having it either at Sentosa or GWP...
Do you think they can have both outdoor (solemnisation) and indoor (dinner)

junnie

Hi Dilemmgal,
U've Got Mail!!
Seeing my pics today..hope everything turns out okay!! Hope wont need to top up too much!! U leh, have u taken your pics yet?

milmil

Hi Cha Bo,
For me, i will have my both solemninsation & dinner at GWP.

For ROM, we will do it at Mayfair Pool on Jan. About 30 person. U also can do it at the pool side and it can hold up to 100 person + reception.

For dinner, i will have it at Tudor Ballroom on Dec for about 22+ table.

For more information, you can check with the co-ordinator. Hope this is useful.

weoseek

Hi everyone,
Just to shared my experience with gwp cos just had my wedding last sunday..It was a great great great wedding..Thanks to our coordinator Jeanie, who was kind enuff to accompany us waiting for the 1st march in..I even told her that the feeling was more kam cheong than having flip over exam paper, and realised I couldn't do any sums..hehe..The operations team has also been very helpful.

I had my wedding at the marquee and receptions at the pool site..all my previous worries, about lightings, ambience, are no problem at all..the marquee has able to give us a fantastic feel. As for the pool site reception, surprisingly relatives love it..cos they get to mingle around a lot.

But but...a bit unlucky ..cos food was not very good that nite, shark fin too starchy, rice too soft, most of the courses are too salty.

Anyway, didn't regret choosing gwp and the marquee..

All the best to all of you here..hope you will hv a very special wedding with gwp!

scobido

Congrats weoseek!
happy.gif

Glad that u have a wonderful wedding!

Just curious, how do u move your guests from the pool side to the marquee? they aren't confused?

How's your bridal suite?English looking?

lindy_koh

wow Weoseek ! u sound like u had a wonderful wedding, congrats!!! i'm actually surprised u did an outdoor during this time of the year. so u had a lunch buffet? a pity e food didnt turn out as u hope, but hey, at least everyone enjoyed!!

do u have any photos to share?

dazednconfused

HI...
Up to my ears in preparations! I need help!!! We're running out of time and options as venues are being booked left, right and centre for out chosen date - Nov. 26, 2005.
We'll be visiting GWP this weekend. The Tudor Ballroom has already been snapped up. But The Tudor Terrance is still available. Anyone visited The Tudor Terrance before? How? Comments??? Thanks!!!

milmil

Cha Bo,
Currently i don't have the pics. Maybe i can send it to u next week.

Actually you can go to GWP website to have a look.

weoseek

Our helpers initially only starts to move the relatives first, but everyone follows..in less than 5 mins all are in already. But i wasn't involve in it..so not very sure..It is quite smooth transition. One thing, I made a big mistake...gave two grp of ppl with same table no. ...Almost gave me a shock of my life..thought not enuff tables to cover all guest.

My bridal suite quite small leh, but its with two toilets..so quite useful when a lot of relative in the room.

Service was ok, but my fren mentioned that their waiter is a Malay guy, so when distributing the 1st dish, lobster combination..He only distribute the mango salod..Left the lobster meat on the main plate..so my frens need to help themselves hehee..

Deco in the marquee was fine too..I added an arch to make it less plain.

weoseek

Linda, my wedding is a dinner in the marquee..except the reception we placed at the poolsite fro 7pm to 8pm. We chose to do it like this cos of the limited space of reception at the marquee.

dilemmagal

Moo

Had not had my food tasting yet? arranged on 20 Dec. will let u knoe the food wise? Now busy calling people for address to send out invitation cards.

weoseek
Congrats and thanks for updating yr infor. As for the food, I will take note and remind my co-ordinator again.

Junnie
Thanks for your pics. Actually my co-ordinator also send to me too. Hows the viewing of yr pics?
Me long time taken my PS, waiting for the album 2 b ready.

dazednconfused

weoseek...
Hello. Can you tell this nervous bride-to-be what the Tudor Terrace was like? Will only get to view it this weekend. How is it different from the Tudor Ballroom? Thanks.

milmil

weoseek,
Are the florist & co-ordinator creative on the venue deco? Are they helpful on the request that you have? Do you need to top up a lot of the extra deco? I am very worry about their deco.. seem like very plain & simple...
sad.gif

tinting

Hi EMF,

Looking forward for your pic.

Weoseek,
Sorry to ask, what is marque?? Are you having buffet?? I'm thinking of dinner buffet, what do u suggest?

Hi everyone,
Normally when did you book the wedding dinner at GWP??

dazednconfused

HI all...
I took a look at GWP's website. The Tudor Terrace is a tent. A fully air-conditioned one. Definitely different form the ballroom setting, but could be a refreshing change from the routine "ballroom" atmosphere. Then again, to each his own.

chabo...
We've just begun scouting for a venue for our wedding dinner to be held end Nov 2005. MOST ballrooms at hotels have already been snapped up. I'm dead serious. So, my advise is to book as early as possible. Sad, but reality bites. Singaporeans have no choice but to be K.S. Otherwise, no venue for a nice wedding dinner. Cold hard fact.

tinting

Hi L.S

You mean the Tudor Terrace is a tent with air-conditioned... Cool!!! That's really interesting.. Actually i wanna do something different for my wedding.. Like Dinner buffet and etc... But do you know what is Marquee mean??

tinting

<sigh> I oso donno.... Plan next year, but i think is too rush lor.. So most probably year 2006..

My bf is not serious at all.. So v. hard to plan. He wishes to do it as simple as possible.. But once in a life-time le...

So, have u decided which package to take? What do you think of buffet dinner?? but donno the elders allow or not...
sad.gif

scrubbed

Hi L.S.,
I'd initially wanted GWP too, but tudor ballroom was also already taken. I had considered Tudor Terrace, but.. I found that there were a lot of cons. One of it is the noise level the door. The air-con vent at the door is really loud.. and it's exposed too which makes it really unsightly. Also, I didn't like that you have to walk past the restaurant to get to Tudor Terrace. Plus the reception area is really really small so guests would probably spill over to the restaurant area. I was also afraid guests wouldn't be able to find the marquee coz I myself had probs locating it initially.

I would prob have taken it anyway if it was cheaper than the ballroom.. but itz the same rate.. so I felt that it was 'bo hua'.

juz my 2 cents :D

tinting

hey scrubbed..

have you seen the poolside? What do u think? I've seen some pictures from internet... Ceiling in tudor ballroom is lower... right?

scrubbed

the poolside is beautiful.. ideal for a solemnization !! :D

As for tudor's ceiling.. can't recall liao. it didn't really strike me as low.. actually, the only ballroom where i felt the ceiling was too low is the fullerton's ;)

tinting

yeah yeah...
i went to Fullerton's (2nd or 3rd level, can't remember) ... I was quite surprise.. the foyer for reception is pretty small and crampy...

Initially, I thought it would be very grand, like those ballroom in the movie, but a bit disappointing when i saw it... It's kinda old...

No kidding, the dinner packages that they are offering are quite X

junnie

Hi Dillemmagal,

The photos was okay, we top up $200 for additional 4 photos!! Me going down to GWP for final meeting up to finalise things..hehehe cant believe it is one mth to my big day!! Have u found your actual day photographer and videographer?

lindy_koh

Hi weoseek,

I went to GWP tis afternoon,and met Jeanie.She is one lovely and cheerful lady, i really like her and if i do have my wedding there, i would DEFINITELY want her to be my coordinator.she comes across really easy going and friendly, no airs about her at air. =)

We totally love the marquee as well! we are 80% sure we will have our dinner there (also with pool cocktail reception b4 dinner) as we will prob hv to start early evening as we will have the solemnization by our pastor which will take about 45mins, so got to start early so that dinner will be served rite about 8pm.

Do you have any tips? What package did u take?Ours is a sat wedding so we only have victorian georgian to choose from. The more expensive package with the band sounds like a good deal. Did you also have e band.

We are going again next weekend to see the setup in e evening time, so excited!!

weoseek

My package was last yr..so dun hv anything call georgian etc. It cos $728+++ only for Sunday, so no band.

Jeanie is definitely a nice lady..We commited to the marquee in Jan 04..during that time marquee still not so common, later during the yr, even at pasar malam they uses marqee also..make me sooo worried. We almost visit gwp every month to check out the marquee..Only jeanie can tolerate us..hehehe..

Jeanie get back to our request very responsive for eg, I told her I want pure white cutlery..till now she still remembers lah..and then if i realised the marquee cloth dirty..I will tell her,she will also get someone to clean it. Very nice lady.

Try to hv only 19 to 20 tables. On my AD, I had only 19 tables..that passage way can be quite narrow also. Some guest even need to stand up and shift their chairs for me to get in.

In case you r getting flower gals, remember to ask Jeanie to give her more petals hehehe..One of my flower gals face looks so gloomy, cos she worried about the petals not enuff to cover the whole march in. So cute. ehhe..

Also, I think marquee is only nice with red roses..hv seen many many other color theme..none of it as nice as red roses.

PM me if you wanna see some pics, but only pictures taken by our own camera. Nice to find some one shared the same feeling for the marquee..

weoseek

Oh yeah, Linda when is your wedding? This yr around oct, gwp had a lot of renovation including the red carpet entrance area.

I'm so lucky that my wedding is in Dec, so all the renovation completed for x'mas.

weoseek

Hi EMF,

GWP's deco and center piece are pretty standard. If you are looking for any other things, need to top up a lot. But I believe the florist are very helpful to fulfil your request.

I only had an extra arch which cost $380..pretty ex if I compared with my london cab, which also cost $400..but at least i get to sit and move around with it..hehehe..

milmil

Hi Gals,
I went to GWP last Sun to have a look. Their Xmas deco is up and it is really especially at nite. Poolside at around 5 plus is really romantic.

I saw the red rose theme at the marquee.. it's nice too.

lindy_koh

hi hi,

you can email me your photos at [email protected] Thanks!! Actually i was hoping not to do red roses,hahah..prob opt for softer colour theme. Thanks so much for all the tips there. my wedding will be in aug'05.

i will be seeing jeanie again this weekend to see the evening set-up.=)