Furama Riverfront Singapore

shulinaoy

Hi,

Anyone have any comments on the services and food updates of this hotel?
Its currently in one of my list~
Thanks!

Just to let you know. I've finished the AD. Banquet managers were very nice and professional in making my day hitch free.
Guest said the food was good!
They even helped to convert the VIP room into a tea ceremony room and provided a server to help.

NicoletteT

Just to let you know. I've finished the AD. Banquet managers were very nice and professional in making my day hitch free.
Guest said the food was good!
They even helped to convert the VIP room into a tea ceremony room and provided a server to help.

Noted with thanks! :)
Because previously I wanted to opt for the biggest ballroom - Venus, but they said the VIP room is subjected if no one using the Jupiter room...

ETJourney2015

Hi everyone, can you all share your experiences with Furama Riverfront with me. I realised the perks are the same all these years where they offered free 3d2n stay in Bali.

The sales manager told me that we will put a deposit of 4k, by food tasting, we must pay 50% and 1 week before our wedding, we have to pay full? Is it their policy.?

shulinaoy

Hi everyone, can you all share your experiences with Furama Riverfront with me. I realised the perks are the same all these years where they offered free 3d2n stay in Bali.

The sales manager told me that we will put a deposit of 4k, by food tasting, we must pay 50% and 1 week before our wedding, we have to pay full? Is it their policy.?

Yups! I got married there! :) they are a great team! Very well run!

shulinaoy

Awe

Awesome. May I know who is your coordinator? Did you pay full one week before your actual day? =]

Heya! My coordinator was Albert. I paid full on the actual day but because I made use of the UOB one card rebate, I paid most of it over monthly installments by just dropping by the hotel to make payment. That saved me over 1k.

maddyTSY

Hi! Anyone held your AD dinner at Jupiter room? As my group pax size is rather small and i will only get to have max 25 tables. Possible to share with me your experiences and what's their current installment policy.

Thank you.

wong_0707

My husband and I held our wedding here in Mar 2021 and Mr Ozzy was assigned as our banquet operations manager. We had nothing but the worst experience dealing with Mr Ozzy.

Firstly, a week prior to our wedding we had already run through everything that needed to be done before and during the dinner banquet with Mr Albert. We saw that every single instruction was typed out and noted in a document and it was then said to be passed on to the banquet operations department. We had our ROM on stage and right after that, we needed 2 chairs to be placed below the stage for our tea ceremony. We were also told that the hotel will provide the tea/tea set for us. However 15 mins after our ROM, nothing was done. Our coordinator tried calling Mr Ozzy on the phone but to no avail. Our brothers and sisters (dressed in formal suit and dresses) had to carry the chairs up and down the stage to set up for the tea ceremony. And it was only after they asked one of the banquet waitresses to help prepare the tea, then was it done. Even so, the waitress looked confused, this shows us that no one knew what was going on.

After we had already set up for the tea ceremony on our own, Mr Ozzy then strolled into the ballroom doing nothing. We checked with him politely about why the tea ceremony was not set up properly, and he showed ZERO remorse and sarcastically replied - "Oh then I'll just set up here" and he proceeded to pull 2 VIP chairs closest to him.

Right before our ROM, we saw that there were a total of 4 witnesses chairs on the stage but we only needed 2. We then told Mr Ozzy to remove 2 chairs and he acknowledged. However after a long time and our ROM was starting, the chairs were still not removed. Our Solemnizer had to move the chairs down the stage himself. And we saw that during the process, Mr Ozzy was standing in zone 2, looking at our Solemnizer moving the chairs himself. Mr Ozzy looked and turned away, pretending not to see anything.

We had stated clearly in our floorplan that the number of chairs per table was to follow the guest list that we provided. However there were a total of 4 tables with the incorrect number of seats. This means that our guest went to the table assigned to them but had no place to sit. It was truly embarrassing and when we confronted Mr Ozzy about it, he argued back and said that it was not conveyed to him. Even if there were miscommunications between Mr Albert Liew and Mr Ozzy, we don't believe that we should receive such a tone of voice and treatment from Mr Ozzy. He literally has zero customer service skills and zero standard of professionalism.

This was not all. My husband had prepared a surprise video for me to be played after the speech. Right before our 2nd March in, Mr Ozzy was briefing us about the flow after our march in, he said "You'll go up and say your speech and after that I'll play the surprise video." Only after we all stared and looked at him blankly then he realized that he messed up. Just like that, my husband's surprise video for me was ruined. Halfway through the video, the screen closest to the stage turned black and Mr Ozzy just stood there and watched the rest of the video, nothing was done to try and fix the screen immediately.

Weddings are once in a lifetime and supposedly a happy occasion but Mr Ozzy from your hotel has brought us nothing but stress, anger and worries. Don't promise your customer "a hassle-free wedding" when your banquet manager has brought us nothing but stress. What were the multiple trips we made to the hotel to plan the wedding for when nothing planned was executed accordingly? Before we even said anything, anyone in the wedding industry could tell how messed up the banquet was - our other vendors came up and told us that Mr Ozzy was by far the worst banquet manager they've ever encountered.

It is not the kind of treatment I expected from a 4-star hotel. We were very disappointed and disgusted from this horrible experience. Please do yourselves (and your guest) a favor and not pick this hotel for your wedding.