Furama Riverfront Singapore

myln02

Lol wheelie. AD was busy bt still gt moments for me to facebook n surf. Haha.Finally everything ended. Banquet start time was delayed due to traffic jam. Ended up food serve wasn't hot. Food portion was ok. Staffs service was good. Overall is good. Only thing is we are drunk!! Only gt partial memories after sending guest off.

mivti

Congrats Irene and wheelie
happy.gif
glad that overall experience is good for both of u. Which ballroom did both of u used and who's ur coordinator?

Can't wait for mine and hope all goes well
happy.gif

wheelie

I had some hiccups in the morning of my AD. Luckily everything went smooth for the banquet. We started at 8pm and ended at 10.15pm. N yes, glad that wedding is over!

I use Jupiter as the no. of guest I have is small and Terence is my coordinator.

honeykitty

Anyone know if Terence is still with Furama Riverfront? I vetted bad review about Ms Ira Ng on the other thread..n im worry if i will get her as my big day coordinator...or anyone has experience working with her??? Pls share ur experience...thanks a mil

meilingg

I just went for my food tasting last mth.

Celine, Terence is still there. He is my friend's coordinator.

Mine was Albert and i highly recommend him!

honeykitty

hi meiling,

oic...may i hv Albert's email? You may PM me or email to me at [email protected]

BTW, how was the food? nice? My company hold D&D in the same hotel 4 years ago. So i totally forgot how the food taste like..haha

Thanks a mil
happy.gif

bunbunb

Hi ladies, my coordinator is Terence too.. He advise that 2-3 weeks before our AD, we will get to chose the themes n wedding favor.. Will it be too rush?

Can someone advise what's the procedure/ like? My AD is on e sept.. When shld I con tact him to find out more abt the banquet dinner?

bunbunb

Hi ladies, I would like to ask those who just finished their wedding with furama.. You all have live band right?
Did you all give ang bao to them?

ethl

Hihi,

Anyone held their wedding at Jupiter ballroom? can share your experience on the short march in and the projector display?

Thank you so much!

goodgr8

Very experienced hotel for wedding events. I highly recommend Terence Ng, my wedding coordinator. Everything went smoothly on that day with their help.

thirt13n

Dear all, we are letting go of a package at Venus Ballroom on the 6th September 2014, dinner. For those who are interested, please contact me at [email protected].
Our Co-ordinator is Albert who is highly recommended!
Cheers

Snowy08

Raine...thz for understanding my feeling...they keep saying another couple booked eariler than me and refuse to inform the another couple...

They keep dragging this for a month liao...so we keep calling Richard but you guess what he said...He say is we really that urge for the money...

Problem is the refund of deposit is my MONEY as for the compensation they final agree is $6k. That my RIGHT for getting the compensation. HOW CAN HE SAY THAT....

Hi Elaine,
Came across your posts, though it had been a few years, but hope you get to see this and perhaps can share your experience with me. I booked my banquet with another hotel for Nov 2014, 3 months after I paid deposit, the banquet mgr informs me that there had been a double booking and they have not proposed any alternatives to us and cause us a wasted trip to the hotel today. It is very frustrating and worrying as we now don't have a banquet location. I need advice on what my rights are, what to demand for compensation on and also how to make them responsible for my wedding. Really hope you can read this and reply. My email address is: [email protected].

skyMAN

Hi all! I just looked at the photos from Internet and I'm quite pleased with the ballroom.. anyone held their banquet or rom in this hotel? Possible to provide some reviews please?

Hi all! I just looked at the photos from Internet and I'm quite pleased with the ballroom.. anyone held their banquet or rom in this hotel? Possible to provide some reviews please?
Hi ~

I have book their ROM for this coming october. Sales person is friendly. The one that cater me was angela ~=)

skyMAN

Hi ~

I have book their ROM for this coming october. Sales person is friendly. The one that cater me was angela ~=)
I'll be dropping by this Saturday to view the site.. hope its what we looking for.. been to few hotels and still haven't made up our mind..
You didn't book any banquet venue?

I'll be dropping by this Saturday to view the site.. hope its what we looking for.. been to few hotels and still haven't made up our mind..
You didn't book any banquet venue?

Ooh, They have outdoor pool available for ROM as well. I have booked Swissotel at raffles for my banquet next year oct =)
I prefer with high ceiling ballroom and i need at least 45 tables so i only can choose within a few =(

happy_baby

I wouldn't have choosen furama riverfront if I know there is so much hidden clause.

1) My coordinator (Siti) changed without informing that she is quitting, all the additional perks given were sort of "reset"
2) Managed to fight back our additional perks from the director- ALBERT LIEW & they insisted that their coordinator (Siti) did inform us this & that which they did not and we paid our deposit S$500 in June 2013 (usually is S$3k for other hotel), Siti informed that we need to come back and pay the balance of S$3k during the wedding workshop in Oct 2013. Meaning that we need to pay total of S$3.5K when others paid S$3k only?
3) Siti mentioned that if she is overboard she can collect S$3k during our 1st meeting and another S$3k during the wedding workshop.
4) So we met up with the director- ALBERT LIEW in July 2013 to rectify the problem. He was all along siding Siti and said that she did mentioned that perk is for 15 tables & above. But Siti told me different story during our 1st meeting, I mentioned that I only got 15 tables and she said she is fine with it.
5) After a tense argument, the director said he will give us the perks if only we covered 17 tables (15 + 2 reserved). We even accommodate & agreed.
6) We thought all theme, favours could be done verbally or by email confirmation, guess what? He asked us to come down personally to choose theme & favours. And want us to accommodate his working hours- MON TO FRI 9AM TO 6PM! After much discussions, he agreed to meet us on Saturday- May 2014.
7) Food Tasting- There was a hair in the EE FU Noodles. I was so ashamed that such well known hotel has such poor hygiene issue!- Aug 2014
8) Now after food tasting feedback form has been sent to him, he wants to meet us again to discuss on the feedback!!! (What is there to discuss when you can't even ensure the cleanliness of your hotel's foods? He insisted to meet on MON to FRI, 9am to 6pm!!!! I even have to explain that we have exhausted our leave balance for the wedding preparations.
9) I mentioned if he really want to meet us one weekday, we will arrange and we will sign the agreement within this month. He said there is no hurry to sign the agreement as we might change our mind after that.

So conclusion, he wants us to go at least 5 times to the hotel:

1) Met up with first coordinator + pay 1st deposit (Jun 13)
2) Changed coordinator to Albert and pay balance of deposit (June 13)
3) wedding show- Why can't we pay the balance or entire deposit during this time? he said the entire benefits are only valid when I sign with Siti. However all benefits appeared in the wedding show too! What a gimmick! (Oct 13)
4) Choosing of theme & favours (May 2014)
5) Food tasting (Jul 14)- Theme & favours can actually be done on same day but just becos he don't work on weekends!
6)Final agreement- Yet to Sign (He said this can only be done 1 weeks from our wedding to reconfirm menu, favours & theme)- Strangely all others did this during their first meeting- First = final agreement. All other details can be discussed in email, but he mentioned he wanna be more detailed and meet us up. When I said I can do it August. He was mocking us that we were the FIRST COUPLE signing the final agreement so early.

I have told him I want to bring it to higher authority. He mentioned "FINE"!

So you can see how disgusting his attitude is and moreover he is a sales director.

I don't see the rest of the hotel arranging 5 meetings to get 1 thing done.

Super disappointed now, he even wants to take leave purposely to meet him on weekdays!
Contract didn't state that sales department works on mon to fri, office hours.

C&S

Hi.. I am a oct 2015 bride to be and i have booked furama riverfront jupitar room thinking that i do not have many guest. However, ended up i am having 27 tables.. sigh.

Recently, i have went for food tasting n realised that they did some reno with the ballroom with the projector at the front. I am very worried with the pillars n the projectors. Anyone can share with me their wedding experience at furama jupiter ballroom?

eawah

Hi all,

I was browsing the wedding package of the hotel n realized their lunch perks is a lot better than dinner. Is this normal? Any brides plan to have their wedding at this hotel?

Wen Xuan

I just attended my friend's wedding dinner at furama riverfront last 2 weeks. Food is ok and big portion. The wedding set up for the ballroom is pretty nice. The only concern was their servers which we needed to keep requesting for few times to refill our drinks. I only managed to have ard 3 glasses of drinks as they took very long to refill it. When some dishes served, the plates not even given. Other than this, i don't see any problem.

eawah

I just attended my friend's wedding dinner at furama riverfront last 2 weeks. Food is ok and big portion. The wedding set up for the ballroom is pretty nice. The only concern was their servers which we needed to keep requesting for few times to refill our drinks. I only managed to have ard 3 glasses of drinks as they took very long to refill it. When some dishes served, the plates not even given. Other than this, i don't see any problem.
Hi wen Xuan, this for the info!

Demisnail

Hi, this is the 2nd time that you created a new thread for an existing thread, would appreciate if you could continue at the main page of the venue.

There is a search button at the top right hand corner of the page that is below your username.

You can go go this page, hope it helps :)

eawah

Hi, this is the 2nd time that you created a new thread for an existing thread, would appreciate if you could continue at the main page of the venue.

There is a search button at the top right hand corner of the page that is below your username.

You can go go this page, hope it helps :)
Hi, sorry abt this. Thks for the info. Merry christmas!

hellostrangeerr

Attended wedding dinner at Furama 2 years back, terrible service - can you imagine server actually hurry us to finish the dish just because the next one is ready? Also, another server actually slip drunken prawn into the guest's back!

jovensharon

Hi. i have just recently book Jupiter ballroom for my AD in 2017, wanted to take up the one beside the pool, but afraid we cant meet the minimum table :/
any feedback to share?
It's better to take lesser table as ,you have to buffer guest last min MIA. I also booked furama. Mine is in Feb 2017 when is yours?

miette19

Hihi I'm hoping to find out more from brides who had their wedding at furama riverfront, like how's the food there. Am considering for my wedding banquet. Thanks!

shulinaoy

Anyone have feedback on furama riverfront banquet?
I have a banquet w them this coming nov. so far everything quite smooth! I quite like the service.

Booking the food tasting and the Bali honeymoon thing was really easy.

They recently renovated the rooms also. So the bridal suite is brand new.

Gerin3

My Bro's held his wedding at Furama River Front three years back..

What I can say is.... GREAT!
Service is good
Food is good too! Only the noodle a bit too salty the rest are GOOD. (Many guest saying hotel food is not good but so far furama serve the BEST yummy food to all guest)

My bro took Total 30tables is under Mercury category, the hall is nicely decorated... comparing to price, I guess is also consider cheap.. worth!

I am thinking to held my wedding as well.. either end of 2017 or 2018head!

cherylthumb

I have a banquet w them this coming nov. so far everything quite smooth! I quite like the service.

Booking the food tasting and the Bali honeymoon thing was really easy.

They recently renovated the rooms also. So the bridal suite is brand new.
Hello! When is your food tasting? Can you update on how's the food? Or have you heard any feedback on the food? Thanks!

shulinaoy

Hello! When is your food tasting? Can you update on how's the food? Or have you heard any feedback on the food? Thanks!
So far all the feedback I heard was that the food is very good for the banquet price.
Personally I thought the food tasting was quite good except I didn't like the chicken Bakwa for the cold dish. The mango pudding was a bit messy also.
My BF thought everything ok but the prawns were extremely good!
Banquet managed quite nice so he let us change the Bakwa and the mango pudding to some other dish after we have feedback.

Still two thumbs up w the service and professionalism of Furama