Furama Riverfront Singapore

tyx

Hi Chubby Ting,

I am still looking around too. I have shortlisted a few. Should be able to finalise within this month.

Although $1500 for 2 photographer is a reasonable price, but adding in one more VG will cost over $2k. There are ppl who book 1 PG and 1 VG and spend less than $1500. I do like the idea of having 2 PG as they can cover different perspective. Thus if I really signed up with them, I might do away with the VG.

witch

Hi Ryan,

I didn't have a VG cos I wanted to cut costs and since pictures are more important to me, I invested a bit more into a PG that I like.

It's up to individuals - most ppl think a VG is necessary for weddings. Thinking back, sometimes I wonder if I made a wrong choice by forgoing a VG but then I have not seen a good wedding video that I like so far so I rather put my money to better use.

Having said that, hope you will be able to find a good PG that you like
happy.gif

jazzy_chimes

hi ashely and ryan,
I have the same mindset. I also forgo taking up a VG cuz my FH and I think photos are more important than video and we rather spend a little more on PG.

virgounity

Hi Grace and Bride09,

Thanks for your advises and concern, I went down to take a look at a wedding set up..guess what i meet my former coordinator..Halim..I guess its fate as we didn’t arrange any appointment at all

He is real nice, as he know I am concern about the package etc..he proposes to me a very attractive package..i guess I am taking Furama again..I hope it will turn up well and smooth on that special day of mine..

If you ladies happen to be like me (package details is a crucial fact in choosing a venue), your can seek his help..he is really open in helping you..

Lastly, please send pictures of the Venus Ballroom to my email: [email protected]

Thanks a lot =)

jrgal

hi Ashley,chimes & Ryan,
initially i oso thot of doing away with VG..cos i spend 1.6k on PG liao..bt cos i regretted not recording VG during my rom ceremony,i hv decided to take up VG,hoping to capture those moments in time on video. thus i sign up with forest productions today for VG package at 1.2k inclusive of express highlights.

and eventually it's up to individual as everyone's priorities are different..juz giving my two cents worth..=p

jrgal

hi Aug n Joa,
congrats on signing up wif furama again=p believe ur AD will be beautiful n smooth going=)understand that u looking for PG,deciding on OEC or Atelier.i signed up with OEC Terry cos i m comfortable with him.

To me,rapport with the PG is more impt,cos he will be with me the entire AD,so in order to take more natural shots, it's better to get someone u r comfortable with. N i notice that Terry takes very journalistic paranomic pics,which are natural and candid thus 1 vote up for them..=p

blurbaby

hi... i am currently looking for venues too.. headache rite? cos everywhere price also increase..

anyone can share with me on their package? what is the price for a weekend dinner as hubby wanted to be on a SAT.. SUN also cannot..

edeninc

Hi all FRF brides =),

One question like to check if we want to take up venus package..minimun is 30 tables..can we do it in 28 tables + 2 or we have to take 30 tables at least =)

virgounity

Hi Jrgal, thanks for the recommendation, however i am looking for videographer service only. Hence terry willn't be the taker..

Hi Ahblur, ya all hotel is increasing price after or during March as they are having wedding show. I think you can try to call Halim, as he told me they are rolling out new prices after March. So better to book first ba =)

Hi SuzGal, guess its better to check with Halim, as i exchange a few items like room stay, wedding cards etc for better deal..a piece of advise, look through their package and analysis which is the item you don't require and try to negotiate for other with the coordinator.

Hope it's help.

stnov

soulsista....the reno to venus as promised by my coor right then in sep 06 was supposed to be done when my AD nears....i had my AD in jan08....wat do u think....=)

bbger

was at FRF jupiter ballroom last wkend helping my friend out for his wedding. overall pretty gd experience there and i was pretty pleased with jason, banquet manager. but according to my friend, he don't really have good time with Albert, so he insisted changing to another lady coordinator(forgotten her name though)

i'm looking at venus ballroom for my oct 09 wedding. anyone know if i book now, do i take current rate? or do i have to wait til rate revised? any additional perks i shld look out for when liasing with them?

also, can someone send venus ballroom's photos to me? [email protected]

thanks!

pinjie8275

Hi Lydia,

Please refer to Ashley's earlier posting for photos on Venus.

For the rate wise, u have to check from the website on their latest rate. I think you might be able to get the rate for Year 2008. I believe the rate will definitely up again. Hence book early is better...

Additional perks really depend on individual needs and you really have to discuss with ur co-ordinator. They will try to give u things u want.

co-ordinator

netfinity25

hi all,

sorry for the late reply........just back from my honeymoon....

will share with u once the photos ready...

as for the montage. if urs is from video academy should not be a problem. otherwise, tell ur vg tat the hotel do not recommend to use laptop. format into dvd....frf have a tech to man the system so dun worry abt it....

as for the theme and the t-shape mar in, accordingly to albert, we are the 1st to use it....hee hee...

tyx

Hi yi jing,

Yes, there is wedding lunch available and is sit down type. But their lunch rate is same as dinner.

netfinity25

stnov> the theme is pink glamour. it's a new theme

will share the photos once ready...
will try to upload some photos from fren cam in my multiply soon...feel free to add me in multiply: netfinity25

virgounity

Hi heard that they have changed the carpet..any update?

My sis's colleague just have their wedding ceremony, heard that every is not bad except for their serving staff..
They kept removing unfinished dishes, trying to the wedding fast...hope furama can look into this when advising their servicing staff. Eg. some salary top up for good service staff

Oh ya, heard from my coordinator they are increasing prices soon for 2009 tables..so sign up fast before they increase ba..

Cheers

Some of the photos for sharing..
635106.jpg
635107.jpg

raine11

Hello..
I'm new here.. Planning to book FRF too but my relative said the food is not nice.
Anyone tasted their food before? Can advise me?
I need help!!

gracelourdes

Raine, i guess food or tastewise, it's v subjective...in fact, wat u feel nice may not be wat's nice to ur relatives...however, ultimately, it's ur wedding...if everyone has a diff opinion, then who do u listen to?

generally, the food is ok...not that bad as described lah...

gracelourdes

anyway guys...just wondering...i know that FRF have 2 florist vendors..do u know if we prefer other florist n get them to do for our AD, do u tik FRF would allow? as in, we get FRF to liaise with the florist instead...ever come across such situation?

pinjie8275

Yes, I agreed with Grace Lourdes!

But so far, I usually heard abt compliments on FRF food... Also heard that FRF is 1 of the few hotels that served better food. kekeke... but still is up to individual to determine...

raine11

Hey Grace Lourdes,

Thanks for the feedback.
Cos i also hope my guest can go home happily after the dinner.. FRF able to give what i want so was happy with their service and their ballroom is nice too.. Esp their new wedding theme..

Are you also having your wedding dinner there? Or you been there for dinner?

gracelourdes

sure, Raine...

yup, i'm going to have my wedding dinner there next sept...anyway, i've have had 2 dinners where cos of my frds' weddings...so far, no complaints...1 more in jan next yr...so i'm quite happy to go there again...anyway, they do have tis nice dessert...the red bean balls or glutinous rice balls with red bean filling or sth like that...
happy.gif
happy.gif

btw, just another thing...if u have quite a few malay/indian-muslim frds, their indonesian food is a rave...an award-winning restaurant...so u worry abt chinese food, it's not bad...u worry abt halal food, it's good as well...wat more to ask for?? hehehe...even their buffet dinner is good...international cuisine also...hehehe

of cos i'm not saying this just cos FRF is my banquet venue...it's point for point...

raine11

Hey Grace,

My AD will be one mth after you.
Their new wedding theme is nice.. the butterflies garden.. Their package really not bad, just that need to pay for corkage charge for wine.. Have you book your bridal package? Which studio?

lwd80

Hi Raine,

when did the butterflies garden theme come out?
i just went to meet my coordinator, pink glamour is the latest theme. did not hear of any butterflies theme...

raine11

Hi Lim,

Who is your coordinator?
Is Garden Theme but is a new one..
Can you see my attachment? That is their new theme.

gracelourdes

Raine, show me the 3 new themes also leh...it seems frm my coordinator that they change themes yrly so likely come to our turns, it would be new themes also...but just want to see for fun lah...hehehe can email me at [email protected]

btw, Raine...wat room u intend to take?

raine11

Grace, have email to you..
Intend to take the Venus Ballroom.. went to view last sat.. They got big ballroom, big stage and nice recept area..