Furama Riverfront Singapore

junebug

I totally did not realise that Oct is just 8 months away...I am still taking my own sweet time thinking that I have lots of time...guest lists not compiled yet..have not called bridal studio to arrange appointment yet..going to call them up soon

sherrysoh

same here. only 8 mths to go and i still have tonnes of things not yet done! just receive my house keys too.. and need to prepare for the reno as well..
elaine> i am tinking of using the L shape march in..

elainetoh

Junxian, I went down to see the actual wedding on normal march in le. Guess mostly will take up the short march in rather L shape. Ain't that bad actuallyî•

myln02

Anyone gt their wedding dinner photos for Mercury ballroom? Was thinking of getting Jupiter bt when we see the Mercury , we changed our mind. It's more spacious.

chewychiu

Anyone can provide some comments below?

i) Food - nice?
ii) Mercury ballroom - Does it look small, cramp with low ceiling? If having a wedding dinner, it doesn't matter it overlooks forest or pool since at night we can't see a thing outside?
iii) service - good?
iv) Bridal suite - nice? looks old?

Thanks!

bingqiling

Dear All

Anyone care to share about the food review on Furama Riverfront hotel? Please kindly advise.

And the mercury ballroom. Thinking to go down for hotel viewing tomorrow. Is there any other thing that I need to ask during the trip down? I am just worried about ambience since mercury is not having really high ceiling.Don't know what impression it will give to my guests.

How is the service like? How many waitress/waiter going to attend the table?

Please kindly share with me...

Confused bride...

bingqiling

Dear All

I am thinking to go down to Furama tomorrow to view the ballroom. My wedding is on 2012. I am wondering how is the mercury's ambience? Is the ceiling high enough?

junxian

Vivian : the service is very good, the staffs are friendly and helpful. Bridal suite wise... The room is quite well maintained.

anyway, my AD is in Oct when should I go for food tasting?

happy_tulip

Hi Junxian,
So so coincidence...we choosing the same bridal shop and wedding banquet..haha..look like we got same taste right? Haha...

My wedding will held on July'11 at Venus ballroom...who is your co-ordinator?

myln02

Hi junxian, my wedding also held on Oct.

Will be having food tasting on late Aug
or early Sep. So what have you prepare?

I am taking my photoshoot this month
at Jb.

Hi Happy Tulip, ur Ad will be earlier than us.

Pls review after ur AD. Hope everything goes
well for u.

junxian

tulip : hee ... really coincidence... =D you can share your experience with us since your AD is earlier =D.. my coordinator is Terence Ng.

Irene : haha nothing much.. my mom is starting the customary preparation though. So i guess i arrange similar timing should be ok =P

tamiko

Hi babes,
can share ur pics for the ballroom?
is the bridal room the executive suite?
am looking at jupiter room cos im only getting 20 tables. been to their dinner once, food was ok. n their package is v attractive..haha

happy_tulip

Hi Junxian/Irenel,

We will arranging the food tasting on 10/5...yesterday only went to choose and confirm the invitation cards printing...this morning went to the wedding favour company thought can choose our wedding favour but i still prefer back to FRM lobby to choose coz the gift company not so organised with their display and i found some wedding favour display at FRM but not at the company.
Will post some comment here after my wedding at FRM...blessing all the comments are positive..haha.

myln02

Hi happy_tulip ,when is the time to choose wedding favour ?

My wedding is at Oct, Ter just told me June i can go down to printing company to print our invitation cards but never mention about wedding favour.

After wedding cards are done, he say around Aug or Sep then arrange food tasting. Thats it.

tamiko

Hihi, I went down last week to see their ballrooms. Jupiter suits us but their walkway is reali short. Anyone tried other ways? Mercury is nice too but their celling is too low n has many hidden pillar. Dun tink ppl can see much of stage but see the projector screen.. Haha their Perks r reali attractive but very old hotel w abit of stench.

happy_tulip

Hi Irene,

I hold until now only choose the wedding favour coz i hope they will come with more choices but seems like the wedding favour still the same so i suggest you can start choosing your wedding favour around Jul or early Aug...coz now still early for you, if you decided now later they really come with new favour you will regret oh.
happy.gif

myln02

Hi happy_tulip ,

thanks for the info. I think around Aug, i will go choose my wedding favours.

We need to tell our co-ordinator ? Ter only told me to go printing ourselves.

Then he say email him when i want to have food tasting.

Hi wheelie,

which ballroom you using ? What have you done so far ?

wheelie

Hi Irene,
I am using Jupiter (smallest room) cos the no. of guest I have is not much. Ter told me to look for him 3 mths before the wedding regarding the cards. So that's about June/July.

Meanwhile, nothing on the hotel side to do. I've just confirmed my BS and gg for PS next mth.

sherrysoh

Gals, i am a Oct bride-to-be too.. =)
i am taking the jupiter ballroom... tinking of doing the wedding invitation card end of this mth... is it too fast??

happy_tulip

Hi Irene,

I will confirm my wedding favour with my co-ordinator during food tasting (next week) and will ask him about my wedding theme.

I think anything you not sure can check with your co-ordinator. I believe he will happily to assist you.
happy.gif

mivti

Hi happy tulip, do share on what themes they have this year
happy.gif
My wedding is in the first week of dec at Jupiter ballroom. Will be heading to do my invitation cards in aug
happy.gif

cityscape

Dear All,

Furama RiverFront Hotel is one of my shortlisted wedding dinner venue, can anyone share with me the photo for jupiter room?

I heard that they don't have their own Chinese Restaurant here, so may I know are the wedding dinner food good like those chinese restaurants?

Is car parking an issue at Furama RiverFront Hotel?

Please do share and email me at [email protected]. Thanks a million.

cityscape

Dear All,

Furama RiverFront Hotel is one of my shortlisted wedding dinner venue, can anyone share with me the photo for jupiter room?

I heard that they don't have their own Chinese Restaurant here, so may I know are the wedding dinner food good like those chinese restaurants?

Is car parking an issue at Furama RiverFront Hotel?

Please do share and email me at [email protected]. Thanks a million.

joanne_lim

their food taste quite nice..
I went there for a visit 2 wk ago for my wedding package and solemnization but ending I never sign up with them.
Not due to any issue from them, is becos I prefer the ballroom @ Furama City Centre than Furama Riverfront.
But my sis wedding there, their decor and food all this very gd..
anyway dont worry about the parking, as I know they will offer the free parking coupon up to 20% to 30%.

happy_tulip

Hi,

I had done my food tasting yesterday...it's was a wonderful dinner and i really very happy with their services and food wise, i will give them 8.5/10.

The person incharge of our food tasting is Mr Jason (Asst Operation Manager,FRM). He is very friendly, patience and i do like his service very much.

About food, the cold plate ngo hiang,jelly fish,prawn salad and seafood roll are delicious. Come to second dish is sharkfin crabmeat soup, we all thumb up for it! Fish, prawn and vege all fresh and yummy. Just the chicken a bit overcooked but we highlighted to Jason, he immediate feedback to the chef and they also try the chicken and promise that will take note about this. The Eu Fu noodles with crabmeat is nice and i can't believe still can finish my noodle after the previous 6 dishes. Yam paste, just a little bit tasteless (Yam) but the level of sweetness is just nice...

I really hope during my actual day wedding dinner at FRM can remain the same quality of food and very good services or if can better and more than that.

Cheers FRM BTB!
happy.gif

cityscape

Hi Joanne Lim,

Thanks for the prompt reply. So their food taste nice even though it is not from chinese restaurant. The Jupiter ballroom at Furama Riverfront is it really bad or too small? By the I also got a friend name Joanne Lim.

happy_tulip

You are mostly welcome, mindy.
happy.gif

I haven't look at the theme because my co-ordinator not with us during the food tasting but i will arrange to meet him may be end of May.

Will keep update here.
happy.gif

tamiko

Hi Remus, hw many table r u looking at? Mine is abt 20-22 tables, shd b good enuff. If u have more den 25 tables den beta take mercury room. Today i jus went to view their bridal suite & club room. Not bad, they jus renovated their club level & rooms. we intend to use tt for anniversary stay. Honestly i find their perks are best among, n the sales manager told me they might b revising to increase $50 per table for next yr.btw they r giving 30% carparking as well. Not to worry...
happy.gif

tamiko

Hi Remus,hw many tables u intend to have? I jus went to see their bridal room & club room ydae. Their club rooms level has been renovated, nice view and new reno. We intend to use tt for anni stay. Their bridal room oso ok, quite spacious but oni 1 bathroom.
wat other perks are they offering to u guys?
Mine is the current package + live band, free canapes for cocktail recep, add 1 nite bridal stay. No further discounts off final bill which i rather prefer, haha.

junebug

Hi all,

Just wondering who did you liaise with to change coordinator?

I hope to give my coordinator a chance but I had emailed 1 week back to ask for some samples of themes available but till now there was no response...

junebug

Hi all BTBs,

Im an Oct BTB at Furama Riverfront too ^^

I was also thinking of going down to T-dragon to select wedding cards tomorrow. Will it be too soon?

myln02

Candy : So early ? My cordinator told me go next month. Anyway need to call the T-dragon to inform them or we just drop dwn ?

junebug

I emailed my coordinator today, she said the earlier we get it settled, the lesser thing we need to worry about. Anyway I just want to see the designs cause I might be topping up to get other designs.

I think we can just go down..just remember to bring the invoice for verification ba