Furama City Centre

gentasg

Hi Ladies,

My hubby and I went to furama city to view the ballroom and discussed the package. We are not very sure about the food (never been there for dinner before) but was told the banquet was prepared by the master chef from Furama Palace. Any ladies can kindly feed back on the food?

did any ladies manage to bargain
1. free flow of beer during the cocktail reception?

2. 10 ppl full course food tasting?

3. more then 12 bottles of wine provided?

My hubby and I have been to Plaza Parkroyal and Amara. Plaza and Furama City are within our budget and are more flexible.

Any ladies who have dinner/ experience with the hotels can kindly share with me?

Thanks
happy.gif

zhu_nai

Hi Linda/Lawrence

I have been to Grand Plaza Parkroyal to discuss package with Eric, the coordinator but not Plaza Parkroyal, these 2 different. He is q a nice guy, very professional attiude I would say. The package is good, with free flow beer on weekends... but not on weekdays i think. and the rest of the perks are good too. but i dun choose GPPR cos the ballroom too small for me...

Amara I have been to a dinner there before. my experience was very bad. lousy food and layout. maybe so happen only in the dinner i attended. i think some of the gals in the thread ever liaise with Amara before, maybe they can give you some feedback.

As for the contract with furama, errrr... it really depends on the relationship with the coordinator lor... but you can always request and negotiate... im sure they will find ways to accomodate.

Hi Recca
you are talking about the invitation card for teh bridal show tomorrow right???? my coordinator say its not complimentary, need to pay... pissed....

Hi Renee
i hope mine hse can also be beri nice... keke

recca

Hi Zhu Nai, IC. William told me that too. So no choice lor.

So Do you think we will meet each other there??? How to identify leh???

Hi Linda/Lawrence,
Me same as you. My 2 short list is Plaza Parkroyal and Furama. But In the end I still choose Furama cos the food is better and the ballroom is nicer. My mum dun like the smell of the ballroom in PPR. She feel that it is stink lor. so I give that up. If not the perk is really good.

zhu_nai

Hi Recca

I will be there although need to pay. bo bian lor... i tot sign up with furama ardy then can ask for complimentary mah. dunno after this time will they still have bridal show of simialr concept, so i dun wish to miss this chance.

errerr... how to identify ah.... keke.. dunno leh.. i may either be wearing a flower skirt with a black top or a flower top with jeans tomorrow... keke.... no joking.. really... so see whether we get to meet or not lor....

if not, what other suggestions you have for identifying ourselves? haha

recca

Hi Zhu Nai,
Ok, I will be wearing Bright blue polo tee. Me and my hubby sure wear qing nu zhuang one. So very easy to look out for me. From head to toe, most of our stuff is qing nu zhuang. Ha Ha Ha.....

So see you tomolo there ok.

dice

hi Gals

I will be there tom too =)
heard the dinner starts at around 7pm.

By the way, hw shall i go about booking the JP???

dapipi

Hi Renee,
Wow, ur place very nice..Luv your MBR light especially...Where is your lovenest located at? Ur home quite big for a 4rm...FH and I also looking around for a 4rm flat now..Will buy the flat after our wedding...
Was really worried about how the photos will look like...FH also keep on reminding me to tone up my arms..Now a bit stress...
301299.gif
U seen your PS photos ald?

Hi Dice,
U holding your solemnisation o/s or at the ROM bldg itself?

dice

Ade

I will be holding it on the AD. wanted DAvid Loh but he's already booked on that day. Do u have any recommendations? I prefer someone who is jovial and can do it in Mandarin and English (for our parents' sake).

For those who went to the show yesterday, how did u find the food? My FH and I thought that it was not bad except for the sharks fin. Cant even see any! But we are going to change that to fish maw or other soup so nevermind.

lovely2005

Hi Ade,

My hse is at choa chu kang, old 4rm thus seem big. Just selected my PS, very satisfied with WL job. Also managed to get back few unselected ones. Hoping to see the layout in Oct.
So happy...
kao_cheers.gif
can't stop looking at them. Too bad i cannot have all of them back.
kao_cry.gif

Dun worry too much abt the PS, sure will turn out fine coz the after selection the photographer will need to touch up those pic, in the end will be mei mei.
kao_wink.gif

recca

Hi All,
I went to the show on sat. Find the food still quite ok. But the Shark fin got a strong fishy smell and for the walnut cream desert, I dun like it too watery.

coolqoo

Hi Linda/Lawrence,
my co-ordinator is Jennifer lor... i just sign up with furama in June lor.. erm... so far okies lah... nego the perks that time she quite flexible lor... we managed to get 2 nights stay instead of one (without DBS credit card) and free flow of beer...

My AD is in 31st dec.. so far i eng eng.. nothing much to do cos still quite sometime away.. but she say she will call us when it's time for getting the invitation cards, food tasting blar blar blar... so now wait lor... not too much contact with Jennifer though....

But impression wise,so far, my hubby find her friendly lor... easy to talk to lah..
kao_babydust.gif

gentasg

Hi coolqoo,

Your free flow of beer starts from when? the first dish or the reception?

Hi ladies,

I went to the show also. My hubby and I like the lotus lef rice and walnut cream, chicken also not bad. But we feel that it is more like a restaurant food..

Do anyone worry abt the furama exterior might indirectly affect the ang pow received?

Recca0852,
Think i saw you and your hubby wearing lover's top. so sweet ...

recca

Hi Linda and Lawrence,
U saw mw ah. Then why never call me? I tot of seeing forum pple there leh but can't see any lor. So sad..... I think abt 80% of our clothing is qing nu zhuang lor. So no need to fan 2 person dressing when go out. Ha Ha Ha......

dice

Hi Linda and Lawrence

My FH and me like the lotus leaf rice and chicken too...walnut cream also not bad. What do u mean when u say its taste like restaurant food? Hmm..then what kind of food were you hoping it to be like?

I was just telling my fren about my hotel and he told me ppl might give lesser leh. I duno how true it is but i think frens will give according to market rate. Its the relatives who might give lesser. Usually, the will bring the whole family but only give one person's ang bao.

Hi recca0852

Wow...you and your bf very en ai hor...is it just similar top or top and bottom??? Like dat very difficult to buy leh.

recca

Hi Dice,
We got similar top, bottom, glasses, watches, slipper, shoes and even swimming costume. Hee Hee..... A bit crazy hor..... I spend 5 years to collect lor. Once see it then we buy. Most of our top and bottom from Giordano lor.

I also like the chicken and the rice. But I dun like the walnut desert like eating satay sauce.

gentasg

Hi Recca,

Me waiting at the table beside you. The one nearer to the VIP table.

Dice,
I mean good food hehehe
Me asking ard for my frd's feedback. Seem all replied that the exterior looks old.

did anyone manage to baragin to have beer before the start of first dish?

recca

Hi Linda and Lawrence, Si meh. What dress are you wearing? I did notice some of the couple at that table. I can try to recall if I see you. Hee Hee...... We are so near yet so far.

coolqoo

Hi Linda& Lawrence

My free flow of beer is during the dinner lor.. not the pre-dinner... cos we dun wan our guest to get drunk before the dinner starts... :p

dice

Coolqoo, our free flow is during dinner too. I guess its okay not to serve beer during cocktail.

Are we entitled to the hotel's perks even if we dun sign up with San Mike?

Hehehehehe Recca, maybe u can change to some other dessert. I think someone in this thread change it to Yam paste. Which table were u seated at?

Linda&Lawrence

My frens' reaction were "HUH" when i told them. But at the end of the day, its our wedding so most importantly of all, we must feel comfortable with the ballroom, settings, food etc. For me, suite is imp too and i think Furama's suite look abit old-fashioned, doesnt give me the cozy feeling. I think guys are more chin chai in this aspect. My FH only goes for ballroom and food.

zhu_nai

hello all

wow so many postings after a few days..... i went to the show last sat too... i find the food so-so only leh. not as good as i thought it would be. I didn't like the rice and walnut cream. personally i feel they taste terribly. The chicken was not bad and the vege also. the cold dish, very normal. sharks fins ok lah... i can find the fins leh... hahahaaaa but a bit too much liquid in it.

Recca
now that you say you wear blue, i remember seeing a couple wearing that. if you face the stge, you were sitting on the right side of the ballroom right? i was at the left side, the table just next to the VIP table there.

i think in terms of coordinators, those at furama are all quite nice...

the seting was pretty simple actually... overall, i would only rate the hotel average.

memeyen

Hi, Me new to this tread, now looking ard for places that i can hold my dinner. Can anyone tell me how much you pay for each table. Also wat kind of perk you have received. Lastly, anyone manage to get a lesser price for each table.

gentasg

Hi Recca,

me wearing purplish pink rackback with three quarter bottom. Were u stitting with another older age lady?
U looking for BS? I m with whitelink.

When i told my frds abt furama, they said exterior looks quite old which i agree actually. hehehe

I find sharkfins too hehehe ... and i got two bowls coz my table not sitted full
happy.gif

lovely2005

<font color="aa00aa">hi linda/lawrence,

I am also with WL too... who hv u chosen to do PS and designing? Their service is quite good and love their PS.
Anyone need AD videography and photography?</font>

dice

Linda&amp;Larewnce

We were seated at the same table. I was the one wearing the checkered shirt and demin skirt. =)

Recca,

So u were seated at the table next to ours?? My back was facing your table so i only noticed the old lady...

Do u have any recommendation for AD videographer and photographer?

recca

Hi Zhu nai,
So you wre on the left and I am at the right last table. No wonder no chance to see you.

Linda&amp;Larewnce and Dice,
So you all were so near to me. That old lady is my mum. I just bring her down since she is free lor. She is quite happy with Furama lor. Initially, I wanted PPR but she dun like it. If she happy then I also happy le.
I also ate 2 bowl of sharkfin, I still found 1 big fin inside.

dice

Hmmmm....i must be "pak jiao" so cant see the fins...hehehhe...but anyway we are thinking of substituting the fins for something else. havent told our parents yet and wonder how they will react to it.

Recca0852, why didnt your mum like PPR? any particular reason? FH and me are going to see it tonight.

Renee....yes yes, pls send me the details for PS and VG at [email protected] you =)

recca

Hi Dice, My mum feel that the ballroom got a very old smell. Dunno how to descibe. My mum say this smell show that the ballroom is not use for quite a while. They need to air it lor. But the perk is really very good. The coord is also very friendly.

gentasg

Hi Dice,

Are u the one that went to Orchid Cty Club in the afternoon? Or the one living in the NORTH?
hehehe cant rem your dressing and the face...
So u book with furama?
Me went to PPR. the coordinator very flexible...

Renee,
I had used their ROM service. So far quite okie ... hehehe i havent decide on the designer and photographer. who are u choosing?
can send me the contact for PS and VG

[email protected]

Thanks ...

Recca,
U have booked with Furama?

lovely2005

Hi gentasg,

Jean is my designer while Vincent is photographer. I hv taken my PS and selected the photos. Very pleased with the outcome.

Hi gentasg and dice,

Hv send the contact.
302264.gif

recca

Hi Linda&amp;Larewnce, Yap I sign up with Furama quite sometime back. Then last Sat just sign the contract with them lor.

dice

Hi Linda&amp;Lawrence

I'm the one staying in the North =)
Havent sign up with Furama yet. My coordinator is on holiday so I'll wait for her to come back.
I went to PPR yesterday. The lobby has a funny smell and we dun really like the Ballroom. However, the view at the pool and pavilion is very nice! very balinese and just nice for a small celebration.

Hi Recca,

I duno about the smell but we didnt like it too. But I heard from the coordinator that they are going to renovate the ballrooms soon.

Hi Renee

Thanks! Will go and check now. how do u select the PG and VG? do u have to go down and see them like the BS? understand that some of them put up their work on the website so is that sufficient?

lovely2005

Hi dice,

U need to go down to c their work and communicate with videographer or photographer personally.
We select them based on:
- Creativity in work
- Price
- Able to communicate well them ( sure u dun wanna hire a snob, right)
- Perk, if any

I like meeting them face-to-face, so I know what kind of person they r.

Compare afew before u decide.

gentasg

Hi Dice,

So u r the one staying in the NORTH ... i stay in the NORTH as well ... hehehe so qiao to see u here ...
happy.gif

U confirm ur date? me still waiting for MIL to double check the date.

u need any packages? me have riverfront, novotel clarke quay, orchard hotel, grand copthorne

if u need, u just email me.

Renee,
Can i take a look at your PS photo?
[email protected]

dice

HI Renee

Thanks for the advise...aiyo, i thought dun need to go "shopping" anymore. looks like got to start again. i think my date is quite a hot date coz many hotels i've called are already booked on that date. scully i cant find any PG or VG to take my AD then jiat lat...

Hi Linda&amp;Lawrence

Hahaha...ya lor, so qiao..i guess it could be you coz i rem u told me that day your BS was WL..I have the other packages too but all either no available dates or we cant meet the min tables. To tell the truth, I didnt expect the dates to be snatched up so soon! So for now, Furama is still our first choice.

dapipi

Hi Dice,
Me oso holding on AD. I've booked David Loh. Not sure who to recommend u, coz so far i oni heard that David Loh is good...
302537.gif
So sorry about it...

Renee,
Glad that u love your PS...Can't wait for mine... U got any of your PS to share? Can email me the AD VG &amp; PG list? [email protected]
Thanx a million...
302538.gif

lovely2005

Hi gals,

I would love to share my photos with all of u but currently my scanner got prob so unlikely to upload so soon. Will send u all the link when I done.

Hi powerpuffgal,

I top up extra 38 photos beside my entitlement of 30pcs so total 68pcs.
It depends on how many u can bargain in the package...Esp if u gonna do mag stlye coz will need minimum 60pcs unless u go for full-page kind which can settle for less.
If u interested in WL, I can recommend u my coordinator. She is quite good and friendly.
However, if u do hv a budget, I have another package to let go but is less pic, 18 (full page)only not from WL.

coolqoo

hihi,

if you wanna change the dessert to yam paste.. they will usually say they will charge additional $10 per table lor.. which i think is totally ridiculous lor.. hehe.. so hor.. we bargain to change without cost and got it lor. hehe.. so hor.. please dun give them additional $$ for such request lor...
kao_clap.gif

dice

HI GALS, HAPPY NATIONAL DAY!!

Hi Linda&amp;Lawrence

Ya lor..Sat is a hot day. Moreover we are only looking at Lunar month 8 and 9. My mum is very "pang dang" so not much months for us to choose from..anyway we manage to get our date at Furama so that's a relief. If not FH joked that we can held it at the CC!!!

I duno think my office can msn leh, will try and let you know later.

Hi Ade

Yup, David loh is very popular! He can only give us the 7pm slot but that's too late since cocktail would have start by then. But I managed to get Mr Koh who sounds like a nice guy over the phone. When I called him, he told me to go down to see him the next day for briefing and to get the form. I was shocked coz my wedding is still a year away, so weird to be brief so early as we most prob wouldnt remember. Then in the end, found out that he thought it was this year! hehehe...

Renee..we'll wait patiently for your photos then. Like the chinese saying goes, "hao dong xi shi zhi de deng dai de". =)

Coolqoo, thanks for the tip. We'll make sure we dun pay extra $$. How is the yam paste like? nice?

lovely2005

hi powerpuffgal,

Actually I top up ard 1k for 38pc... they gave me a good price... partly due to fren recommendation lor.
Will send u the pic when I solve my scanner prob.
If u wanna visit WL, can look for my coordinator, see if they can work out something to cater for your needs.

rio

I m back....
happy.gif
i guess no one remember me...

Btw anyone got any suggestion of playing wat songs during march in of wedding banquet?

lovely2005

hi dice,

u hv
303338.gif

Hi rio,

kao_welcome.gif
back.
How hv u been?
Choosing of march-in is very much depend on u n hubby. U may wanna choose songs which hold special meaning between two of u.
For me, I chosen Eternal love by PJ Duncan, a song which I like alot.

303339.gif

rio

Hi Renee,

thanks for the welcome !!
happy.gif

Been busy with work ...
sad.gif

sorry i m guy..
happy.gif
thanks for the advice.
gona gather some info cos i really got no idea any romantic/love song...keke
Btw flip thru ur renovated house pics ... its a very spacious neat nest...:p

zhu_nai

Hi Rio

i remember you. i think there are q a lot of songs that are suitable for march in. Like what Renee said, you may wana choose songs that hold special meaning for you and your wife.

i think songs like, From THis Moment, Perfect Moment, and even the very conventional Wedding March can be very nice. go to a CD shop and serach for love songs. I remembered seeing some CDs that are compiled specially for weddings. go and have a look.. hahhaa

Renee
looking forward to seeing your photos.

lovely2005

Hi rio,

I do remember u, being the only guy ard in this thread but somehow after awhile u MIA, and now reappear.
happy.gif

Does ur wife has any favourite song which is romantic kind... maybe u can use it if suitable for march-in.
Normally first march-in song is abit slow. Something like Shania Twain - From this moment. It is quite popular as a march-in song....
Pop into other thread to check out, wat is hot for march-in songs....
kao_wink.gif