Fu Lin Men

s021273

1st is the liqur 2nd is the service ba,cos that days there 2 banquet so they hire a lot of part timers then according to some guests feedback their service is bad...

piyo21

Hi all,

went for my food tasting last sat. The food was nice and the portion was huge. We did change the cooking style of one dish. Hope that they can maintain the same standard.

alicia_yong

Ling Ling> Thanks! So wat is the dish tat u din like abt? Check wif u, wen u go for food tasting, u get to taste all dishes tat u chose for the AD dishes?

fangfair

hi, am a newbie in this forum and recently just started to source for a banquet venue. am interested in FLM JCC outlet which i think it is more spacious than the one at Queens. No pillars and it is in the west heehee... went to have dinner at JCC and dimsum at Queens, my hb who is a choosy eater is quite pleased with the food. So most likely we would choose that place. Like to check if there's any photos to share about the wedding deco? Supposed to go to JCC yesterday to view a wedding setup but last min cant make it
sad.gif

elvis

Hi fangfair ,

You may go to their web site at www.flmrest.com to check the deco of the restaurant , and also can look to kenny gooi , he is the manager over they , very nice person. no worry ya, good luck la.

fangfair

hi Elvis,

I checked their website already but would like to see some photos from those who had their wedding dinner there, especially at JCC
happy.gif
you had ur wedding dinner there huh??

elvis

Dear Joa.

Is because the package is good free flow beer , wine & hard liquor also . the service off the manager and staff also good , their also serve good food , like nonya fish , golden soup, prawn with mayo .......

The place also look new . and you can go to this wed site , www.flmrest.com to check . or email to mr andy at [email protected] .Cheers

w3ngal

their package is good leh like everything we need is free (as in included). the food quality...seems like review not bad too. can we do our own decor (hire own even decor company team to redo)?

ellytusk

hi all,a relative just intro JCC to me, at first din like the idea of JCC. but the restaurant really look spacious and classy enough.

Any one got their wedding thr?

cljw84

Hi, I'm interested i having my AD @ JCC but not sure how the ballroom looks...anyone had their AD @ JCC and can send me the photos of what it looks like?

Lin Shufen> Nearest MRT station is Bugis or Dhoby Ghaut for Hotel Royal @ Queens. The hotel's actually in between PS & Bugis Junction, but it's a little closer to Bugis.

alicia_yong

Shufen> It's not far from bugis junction. Nearest mrt for now is bugis, but tink next yr, there's a new circle line, so nearest mrt then shld be bras basah.

Carol> U can go to this webby: http://www.flmrest.com/Home.html Then click Photo Gallery, u shld be able to see a few pics on the JCC outlet.

cljw84

Alicia> Thanks for the info, went to see the pics already, but was wondering if anyone who had their wedding there could share some pics of what the hall looks like...

drizzles54

Hi elvis, can u send mi the deco photos too? email [email protected]

Am tinking of FLM as well, tink the ALL-IN package is attractive. Anyone tried asking if we can have our own theme for the deco? Cos the deco in their web not so nice... Any min tables to get their ballroom at the Hotel Royal? Read that there is add charges of $1500 for ballrm, is it true?

Tks in advance for the advices!

Hapi prep ev one!!!

jsquare

Hi all, I am thinking of holding my wedding there too. AD in 2011. Any pics or experience to share pls? Thanks much in advance
happy.gif

[email protected]

For those who held their weddings at Fu Lin Men@ Queens, any comments/feedback to share?

cath21

Hi there,

I'm letting go a Banquet at JCC Fu Lin Men Restaurant on 23 Sept 2011.

Min. 25 tables. Very attractive package with lots of Perks.

Interested couple pls email me at [email protected]

jeremygoh

My wife and myself recently held our wedding banquet at FLM JCC in the Fircus ballroom. Initially we wanted the FLM function room, but it was already booked, to our dismay. However, we weren't disappointed as our wedding banquet went well and the managers KEN and EVE did a great job and everything was handled properly. Our guests were impressed with the food and services rendered and had a great time. I would recommend the restaurant to my friends and once again a big thanks to KEN and EVE for making our wedding banquet a memorable one !

sunshine4ever

Hi all,

Would like to recommend Fu Lin Men Chinese Restaurant as a venue for your Solemnization ceremony.

I had just held mine there on the 29 Sep 2012 at the Ficus function room and must say I am really impressed by the team who helped ensure the whole event run smoothly. Even details like putting down the window curtains during march in and lifting the curtains again after that (so that guests can view the greenery) were done without asking.

They even packed our portion of food nicely so that we can bring it back.

Kudos to the team, especially Eve and Ken!

Cheers,
Huiling

Eason Huang

Dear all brides-to-be and bridegrooms-to-be,

My wife and I had our wedding dinner at the Fu Lin Men restaurant (Jurong Country Club branch) recently and we had our fair share of happy moments and some areas of improvement. First of all, we would like to appreciate and thank Cristian (the senior manager for Grand Banquet (Hotel Royal) ) for all his hospitality and effort to make us feel welcomed to Fu Lin Men and also the hearty conversation when we first met. He was very experienced and approachable all along. We gave him two thumbs up for his service and quality of food and restaurant experience.

It started off by us going down to Grand Banquet at Queen St to discuss our wedding banquet package with Cristian. He was very patient to our questions and requests, and he tried to be as accomodating as possible. After much thinking, discussion and changes, we decided on the package. The package is actually quite good, considering all thrown in and minimum effort needed to find other sources. The price is reasonable and the food definitely receives two thumbs up from my wife, my friends and me. At the same time, the staff in Grand Banquet are very experienced and conversational and they will really go all out to make you feel at home and satisfied.

Like I mentioned before, our wedding was held at the Fu Lin Men Jurong Country Club as the premise is better-furnished and bigger, especially after the renovations in Sept/Oct 2013. We had high hopes for our wedding banquet there after the experience with Cristian in the Grand Banquet. However, we would just like to convey some contrasting feelings we felt during our wedding dinner itself. The feelings are mainly feedback from our parents, guests and ownself as a whole during, and after the wedding dinner.

Here are our thoughts:

Positive comments

(1) Guests love the noodles.

(2) Decoration of restaurant was nicely done, especially after the renovations. love the decoration of the easels for the posters.

(3) Cristian and Joanne have been very accommodating to the restaurant design requests and Cristian has tried his best to cater to our needs before the wedding. The staff also helped to decorate the restaurant for its future events.

(4) The Dim Sum tastes good. The groom’s mother like the Dim Sum.

AFI (During the wedding)

(1) Spoilt aircon – 85% of the guests were complaining that it was too hot and male guests who wore blazers had to take off their blazers.

(2) Clear instructions should be passed down to the restaurant AVA crew so they would have to stand by with the sound system at ALL times.

(3) Change of type of fish for 2 VIP tables – Manager did not inform couple that the VIP tables will be served with different type of steam fish from the guests.

(4) Uneven serving of food – Servers did not ensure that the food were served proportionately. Example for the shark fin’s soup, some guests had a lot of shark fins but other guests from the same table did not get even a tiny bit of shark fin. The 2 bowls of shark fins that the bride ate did not have any shark fin too.

(5) Steaming of fish not properly done – Guests complained that the fish was not properly cooked, either overcooked or under cooked.

(6) Service of servers – Servers started clearing plates and food when the guests have not finished eating. Some servers even cleared the plates in front of the guests without asking the guests if they are done with it. The bride’s parents did not manage to eat some of the dishes towards the end as the dishes were cleared before they went back from phototaking.

(7) Faulty mike – Mike gave problems when the groom was singing.

(8) No lights at bridal changing room after 12am – Groom and bride had to pack their stuff in the dark, with the help of 5 small candles.

(9)The shuttle bus is not easily found at the mrt station before the wedding and towards the end of the wedding dinner. More specific directions have to be made. (eg, station exit, more prominent landmarks)

(10)Table seating arrangements, if there are any changes, should be made known to the wedding couple weeks before the event, as it will disrupt the seating plans on actual day. There was a half an hour confusion among the reception and guests due to a new seating arrangement given to the groom on the same day of the wedding.

All in all, there is no doubt that some of the issues of concern are due to the management in the Jurong Country Club itself, such as the aircon issue and the lighting issue after the wedding, so much that the restaurant is to bear the brunt of it. Cristian came all the way to Jurong Country Club that very same night from Queen St to mitigate the issues with us to show his sincerity and service.

Therefore my wife and I came to a conclusion: That is, though both are under the same management; when it comes to experienced staff, quality of food and experience, the Grand Banquet venue with its crew win hands-down. When it comes to Fu Lin Men Jurong Country Club, it will stand out with its venue (facing a beautiful golf course), decorations (Crystal lightings) and bigger space for the event. Couples going for this JCC venue can be assured a pleasant experience, provided there is confirmation on clearing any doubts on the feedback we provided above, with the staff there.

To sum up, the excellent food, service, friendly staff in the Grand Banquet made my wife and me wanting to visit the restaurant again. Cristian is a good manager to talk to and would accomodate to your needs as long as they are reasonable. There are bound to be some happy, funny, frustrating moments during the wedding banquet, but of course, that is why they are called fond memories, aren't they? :)

Wishing all the couples out there blissful love always!

Warmest regards,
Eason

kshir

I just booked with Fu Lin Men at Jurong Country Club.

It's such a beautiful restaurant, pillarless and overlooks the greenery of the golfcourse. You can have the whole foyer of the 2nd floor to yourself too.

Cost is reasonable as well. Lots of parking space too. Not like some hotels where the carparks are dark and narrow.

Lots of perks in the package too.

Really glad we choose this venue after visiting more than 10 possible locations.

Looking forward to my wedding lunch in dec 2015!!

sweetish12

I just booked with Fu Lin Men at Jurong Country Club.

It's such a beautiful restaurant, pillarless and overlooks the greenery of the golfcourse. You can have the whole foyer of the 2nd floor to yourself too.

Cost is reasonable as well. Lots of parking space too. Not like some hotels where the carparks are dark and narrow.

Lots of perks in the package too.

Really glad we choose this venue after visiting more than 10 possible locations.

Looking forward to my wedding lunch in dec 2015!!

hi Kshir, can you share with me whether they did any extra throw-ins or discounts?

StStan

I had my wedding in Fu Lin Men last month.
comparing to many hotels I attended to for my friends and colleague's wedding, Fu Lin Men is really worth for money. I really love the hall with the chandeliers and there is no pillar in the hall so every one can see the stage and projector screen. for food, though I did not have all 8 dishes in my wedding, but most of my guests give a compliment to the food especially the lobster & suckling pig. for service, from the beginning to the end, they help us a lot in the preparation and also gave us suggestions. staff are friendly, especially Ken & Christian, and the rest of the team. i need to give them a big thank for my wedding.

kshir

I had my wedding in Fu Lin Men last month.
comparing to many hotels I attended to for my friends and colleague's wedding, Fu Lin Men is really worth for money. I really love the hall with the chandeliers and there is no pillar in the hall so every one can see the stage and projector screen. for food, though I did not have all 8 dishes in my wedding, but most of my guests give a compliment to the food especially the lobster & suckling pig. for service, from the beginning to the end, they help us a lot in the preparation and also gave us suggestions. staff are friendly, especially Ken & Christian, and the rest of the team. i need to give them a big thank for my wedding.

thanks for sharing! which menu did u choose?