Fortune teller recommendation - for calculating good wedding dates?

sunbubble

I visited this fortune telling master (in fact the master is a lady) staying in Tampines St 32. She's doing most of her services in-house, at her residential place. Very nice, soft-spoken & friendly lady. She will tell you the GDL, ROM, AD and an chuan dates. Even if you cant decide on the spot the dates for AD/GDL, just give her a ring after you had cfm ya dates and she will tell you rest of the matters over the phone w/o additional costs.

She charges me $28, fixed price which I reckon as reasonably cheap. Her contact is 9693 8783 (Li Fang).

happi_bride

yes, i agree this Master is not very pro. Just my luck in meeting him. When I called, the people in the shop explained that its $38 for choosing dates for wedding AD and ROM dates are given free. When we went to select the dates, Wang said Y2007 is not good, so we asked him to choose Y2008 dates for us, and we asked if its ok to ROM in Y2007 then and hv AD in Y2008. He said ok, its fine. Then turn out that $38 was charged twice, once for Y2007 and another for 2007 and another for Y2008. So I think its pretty sad to say - I felt conned. I kow $38 is not a lot of money, but at least let us know that its double charges, so that we can decide if we need it a not.

When we see him, he did not do a lot of explanations. He simply just read from a book, and look at some chart, then give us some dates and ask us to choose the date then come back to him for more information. He is a man of few words. Maybe just no yuan with this shifu. And I dont even feel like going back to see him. Rather spend $ to see other shifu again.

cherry27

hi all,

i am new to this forum. Can i check with you all something.. i want to go to this Master for fortune telling but he want to know my date & time of birth. Date is okay but i heard that for the time of your birth is best not to let people know abt it. Is it true? Have anyone here went for fortune telling & given their date and time of birth to the masters??

thanks,
Eve

chrisop

Hi all,

I am getting married in September 2007. I managed to find a pretty good master to calculate my wedding date based on my friend's recommendation. He chose the date based on our Bazi - mine, my FH and both our parents, and not just through the Chinese Almanac. I think he is very professional and friendly as he took the time to explain the significance of the dates. Pretty satisfied with his service.
happy.gif
He charged us $100 which includes a detailed report on the selected dates.

His name is Master Tong. You can check out his website at www.cmgconsulting.com.sg

Eve,
You need to give your date and time of birth to be accurate. We gave our date and time of birth for our wedding date selection.

happi_bride

The Master Wang I go to did not explain any significance of dates. Just give you a few dates, then pay and byebye lor. I guess most of them are like that. You are lucky to have someone to explain the significance of the dates!
happy.gif

chrisop

Hi fanny,

I am pretty happy and relieved that the selection of dates was done smoothly the first time round and I can concentrate on my other wedding preparations. I felt a bit anxious over this matter of date selection at first cos there are so many recommendations for different masters and just don't know which to believe and which is the best. Whether to pick the cheaper or the more expensive ones. You are right... I feel lucky that I have picked the right one.
happy.gif

Master David Tong not only gave us the dates, he also selected the timing to an chuan, guo da li, jie xing niang and solemnisation. Think quite worth the money.

babyiguana

Hi Christina,

How much did master Tong charge you?? As you mentioned, I have quite a number of 'shifu' to choose. Still quite confuse which one should I go to.. =(

chrisop

Hi Babyiguana,

Master David Tong charged me $100 for solemnisation , AD, guo da li and an chuan dates and times.

Maybe you might want to try calling all those "shifu" that you've shortlisted to find out more about their rates and to get a "feel" of how they are like, whether you feel comfortable with them
happy.gif
. That's what I did.

ornette

Going to use Master Tong for our wedding date selection and bazi. He sound quite friendly over phone, some more cheaper. Some masters want to charge me a few hundred dollars just for date selection!

blissbel

hi
all

i m new... this my first post haha

heard about cmg they havig a fair at tiong bahru plz...

i need to get a date for 2008 year end i planning ROM and AD same day... cos FH will be going overseas for work back only second half of 2008

is the date too rushed

ryu

Hi Blissbel,

I've only just started planning my wedding last month and I've chosen my date to be Sept 08, so don't think it is too rush for you. I'm having ROM and wedding lunch on the same day too ^_^ but if you mean to start you should start soon coz for certain hotdates the hotels would be booked very early.

blissbel

ryu
sorry cant find the thread
haha

have u found dates yet
which master u used

my case cos my BF will be going US for 9 months
back JIT for wedding and he leaving in DEC so v rushed

ryu

Hi blissbel,
i went to see Jon Sim and yes I've selected a date. In my case as my bf is overseas and won't be back till nearer the wedding date. I'll be doing all the planing by myself.
let me know if you need any help ^_^

blissbel

hi ryu

apologies for late post, lost the thread again. hai
same here i got to do all planning like hdb flat cos we jus got keys to new flat! sigh, when is your big day

ryu

Hi blissbel,
My big day is on 14sept08. How about yours? I've settled the major items like venue and BS. Now trying to get AD PG. Once I settle that can rest for a while and start with browsing for WG otr or design for mtm XD

Hi Ayukie,
I went to shifu by myself to calculate
happy.gif

ryu

Hi Ayukie,
I only brought along me and bf's lunar birth dates. cost me abt 108. However some masters require birth time as well and i've heard of others that require parents birth dates as well. Best is to check with the master that you will be visiting. Pricing varies as well.

zookeeper

hi all,

i would like to complain.. condemn this so called reputble fengshui master in geylang.. YOU LONG ZI! even though this has happened for 3 weeks already but i'm still fuming mad as that idiot has given us the WRONG DATE! he actually wrote the wrong date on the consultation paper for us and silly us for believing him we happily booked our wedding dinner on that date.

my Future MIL went to see him before the tong shu was supposedly out.. we immed went to book the hotel that we like.. and a couple months later when the tong shu was out, i went online to check out of curiosity to see if the dates he has given us is good. and i was shocked to see that 20 Jan 08 is actually a very lousy date for marriage.. it specifically said "Bu Yi Jia Qu"... so i went to ask him during our second visit as we need him to give us the timing to leave house etc.

i asked him how did he come up with the dates.. he snapped at me very rudely immediately.. accused me of not trusting him.. but i said its weird that the tong shu will say that its not recommended for marriage, only then did he look at the piece of paper with the dates that he has written for us. he simply said oh i wrote wrongly.. and asked how come we didnt check!!! at that point of time i jumped and yelled at him.

and he refused to apologize, insisted that its alright.. and he wil pick a good timing for us.. what kind of crap is this? who wants a good timing on a lousy date.. he rest assured me saying that don't worry i guarantee your marriage will be fine! i was farking mad at this point of time already. he's already so old and 1 foot in the coffin.. wat can he guarantee? i didnt mean to be nasty but his f#$% up and irresponsible attitude really made my blood boil. the last straw was went he told us not to be so pantang... if we are not pantang why woud we pay $200 to go see him... he's ridiculous!

forgive my ranting pls but i think his actions needs to be highlighted here as i dun think he respects us as his client and he has no professionalism at all!

m_and_n

Hey zookeeper.. so how did you settle the situation? did you book another date?

Its not right to say wrote wrongly. I thing he wrote correctly but wanted to weasel out by saying wrote wrongly...

My FSM is actually my dad and he did tell me that its not easy to pick dates nowadays as the Tong Shu is not out for most clients who want to book way way in advance.

littlebride2008

Hi All,

My AD is on the 6 Dec 2008. I would like to ask is it a must to know the auspicious date & time for the AD? Sorry, i'm very ignorant in this, as my parents are not sure too. Please help me to understand.

m_and_n

little bride,

Auspicous date and time are really something personal. Some ppl believe in it, some people don't. Hence that really depends on the individuals. =) Its for a peace of mind.

littlebride2008

Michael,

I'm unsure about this. As I'm the 1st daughter get marry, my parents are not very sure on the procedures. As for my PIL, they don't really care as my husband are the last to get married so they have prepare wedding for his sibling till "sianz" already. So what am I suppose to plan? My AD is Dec 08, still a long way hor, hope got enough time.

m_and_n

Its not really long way coz alot of people book in advance hotel bookings.

Typically you could look for a Feng Shui Master to advice you on the dates.

For example, my FSM (dad) ... lol, what he do for us is to get the bazi for me and my wife and also other details of my wife's mum and my parents. my missus dad pass away when she was younger.

then we gave him the dates we want, and he will calculate out which out the more ok dates and inform us, at the same time, give us a list of things to do and spoke to us on guo da li and an chuang and stuff.. quite comprehensive in my humble opinion.

Then again i don't want to be seen as touting for services for my dad so you can look for an FSM to help you. just be abit careful.. you'll hear plenty of stories of con-artists and such.

With regards to finding Feng Shui Masters/Practitioners.. you can find them on the internet newspaper magazines.. of course there are those that don't believe in advertising.. lol.. that you'll have to get word of mouth..

Be prepared to spend from 20 bucks all the way to a few hundred.

Let me know if you need more help. What's your dialect group also, certain dialect group have more customs to adhere to.

m_and_n

I'm not sure how this is relevant to you so I'd advise you to consult a Feng Shui Master/Practitioner or a relative..

Traditionally:

1) Two families pick an auspicious date as the betrothal Day. This is a formal meeting between the parents of the perspective bride and groom.

The groom's family presents various proposal gifts. Thus, the two are considered officially engaged. Nowadays that hardly happens. lol...

2)Ping Jin (Dowry)/ Tables

Nowadays if the bridegroom's family gives pingjin to the bride's family, normally no tables are given. if tables are given, then the ang paos collected from the tables given are the pingjin. This practice is to thank the bride's family for taking care of the bride for so many years. There are cases, when the bridegroom gives tables and dowry, that really depends on individual.. sometimes in today's modern world, bridegroom and bride share the costs of the dinner.. Apart from this, li bing, suckling pig are given to the bride's family.. but that is really a cantonese custom.

3) The groom's family performs "an chuan" ritual... The groom's family decorates the bridal house for the wedding, while the bride's family prepares household accessories, mostly bedding and dining necessities, for the new home.

4) On the day of the wedding, two families performs "hair dressing" ritual and "capping" ritual for the bride and groom respectively. Then the groom sets out to the bride's home, and he will inevitably be blocked at her door by her friends, and the bridesmaids will play door game with the groom and his attendants. The bride and groom will then leave her home and proceed to meet the groom's parents for Tea Ceremony. The wedding date ceremony ends with the banquet

5) for more enquires, i really urge you to consult a FSM .. lol... this is only my half-baked effort.. lol..

littlebride2008

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the effort in letting me know that. Of course it does helps for me to discuss further with my husband with the information I have now, didn't know there are so many things. I thought marriage are just the two of us, it actually involved so many people and stuffs. Headache... *_*

m_and_n

little bride,

No worries, as far as i can help. lol.. forums are for ppl to share information right? Sometimes planning all these things are really the fun part about getting married, most of us will only do it once in our life time. lol...

Let me know if there's other things.. cheers!

splash

hi,

Something to share. For those who are not aware there are actually two verison of Tong Shu. One published in China and another from Hong Kong. Due to our region, Singapore follows the Hong Kong version. But they may have some teaching which go by the China version.

That could be the reason why the information can be different between the internet and the FSM.

PS: I am not an expert and i may be wrong.

surelylook09

I went to Long Tian Xiang Shi fu there to get my Wedding dates. He is efficient and very details in explianing.Even come with a booklet with dates up to 3 yrs to chose from, and all the procedures to follows from "ti Qing" to "An Chuan" And his price is reasonable too.

lovie_dovie

Hi Dottie

I would like to have the contact of Long Tian Xiang Shi Fu as yet to have a date as Tong Shu's not out for Year 2009.
Please advise me his charges.

Thanks!

teresa45

Hi all,

I have Long Shifu's contact. My wedding date also chosen by him. U gotta call him for advance booking by providing him both bride and
groom chinese birthday, time and both ur parent zodiac animal. he will calulate and print out into a booklet with date of 3yrs for u to chose
when u meet up with him.

The shifu contact will be as follow:-

Long Shifu
Tel: 64523048
HP 90675008.

Address:-
166 Lentor Loop
#14-01 Bullion Park
Tower 3

Hope u will get ur wanted date! gd luck! ;)