For All dog lovers

kibi

pegsfur, glad that coalie is recovering now....u should feel happy
happy.gif

normally, when i take taxi w/ my gals, i would call my regular taxi uncle who will ferry me around singapore (tat bad point is he only works in the day time, so after 6pm, i on my own)
sad.gif
my dogs cant be caged n put inside doggie bag, they r too big..even got cage, its too big n heavy... flagged a few times on the road, before boarding, would tell them tat i hv dogs w/ me...normally, those who dun mind will ferry you but they will still ask the same qns i.e. will they bite?

matka, the shop owner really very irresponsible...i guess, u wun go back to them again....cant imagine ur dog was lost while u sent them for grooming....

pegsfur

mag,

I think she has recovered. Last nite, my sis came to visit her & she was SOOOOOO happy! She actually let out those puppy yelping sound with the buttocks & tail swinging side by side vigourously
proud.gif
It's as if she was saying 'Oh, finally someone is here to visit me!' Hahaha ... it was a lovely sight ... & she played & played & played with my sis ... got lots of energy to release
happy.gif

kibi

matka, i agree with mag...u should try feng....u can safely knw tat ur dog is under good hands n u can also see how fend does her grooming....she always sterilize her equipments after every grooming...

binbin

hi hi pegsfur so cute! hehehhe can imagine coalie wagging. wow, didn't know they can recover so fast from the ops.
happy.gif
me considering bringing Prince there toooo....eventually we intend to do it.. Hey i was reading ur posting in the Babies and Doggies thread i can't help but laugh out loud heheheheh!!!! the way you rebuke them is sooo farnie!! way to go girl.
happy.gif

relaxfun

pegsfur

hey girl, i forgotten to tell you, last weekend i gave Mango a piece of boiled chicken liver which i try mixing them in her dry food thinking tat she might like it but she smell alreay then walk away leh! waste my chicken liver
sad.gif

matka

hi girls,

yah.. when i thought about it yesterday, i got more and more pek ceked. I was thinking - what if it was my dog? Apparently my husband said that the two ladies came out later... but they were walking out behind. Instead, the customers (us) were the ones running and more kan cheong than them. That means, if i sent my dog there and if it was the one who ran away, that means no effort taken to look for my dog? Scary man.

Actually we were going to spend quite a lot that day.. but after that thing happened, everything also don't want to buy already. hehe.. I'm never ever going back there again. *hmph*

haha.

Des/Mag, yep.. thanks for Feng's contact. We'll prob contact her since the pricing seems relatively similar to the ones that the pet stores offer
happy.gif

Pegsfur, glad to know Coalie is up and energetic again.
happy.gif

Mag, can you tell me where i can find out what kind of food is suitable for what kind of dogs at the various ages? I'm a bit scared to give my dog all kinds of food because his skin is a little sensitive. Thanks!

kibi

matka, if ur dog is sensitive, u need to knw wat kind of food is he sensitive.......so u have to start slowly.....feed her kibbles then slowly introduce the treats, if nothing happens, then introduce another kind.......if feeding on kibbles, try to switch to the kind of food which is more to sensitive skin...my 2 gals hv sensitive skin n they r allergy to beef....so i have switch to feeding them SG Holistique....abit exp.....

matka

hi des

my dog is a schnauzer so apparently their skin is a little bit more problematic. Was feeding him ANF dry food and yep, just switched to Solid Gold Puppy after the vet recommended he change food. I guess the expense is more worth it than having to go to the vet
happy.gif

I add Solid Gold meat mixed with the dry foods for him during lunch. But i heard that some people give their dogs vegetables as well. I'm not experimental so a bit afraid to give.. sekali anyhow give. hehe

relaxfun

matka

having skin prob best is to give Fish dry food, but will tend to be plain taste than chicken or lamb...

cos bought SG fish meal last year, at first Mango loves it, but later on dun want liao, so i gave everything to Feng (groomer) give to stray dogs or her own dogs lor :p Feng told me her Maltese likes it
happy.gif

Now Mango is on Pinnacle Chicken Dry food. I hear the their trout (fish) dry food is highly recommend as the fish contents is very very high!

pegsfur

mag,

is it becos u mixed it with dry food? May u shld try feeding it seperately. My coalie will come & wait for it when she knows that i'm cooking chix liver
happy.gif

binbin,

Aiyah .... cos i was so fed up with these people who treat dogs like commodities ... it is precisely becos of them that we have so many homeless dogs ...
sad.gif

jo23

Hi Matka, my dog is a schnazuer too. We gave him ANF when he was a puppy. He got a slight skin problem when he was about 3/4 months old. The pet shop which we go often doesnt recommend that. He himself has a female schnazuer which is allow to roam freely in the store, very cute. He recommended us Avoderm cos its contain Aloe Vera which is good for the skin. So switch to that and true enough, his skin problem got healed and his fur coat got smoother.
Then we come to know too that chicken can cause allergy very easily, his groomer advise us if possible try to give him either beef or lamb. Try not to give chicken if possible. In this way, can prevent their skin problems since schnazuer is more prone to skin problems. Also dun give them at all any human being food. We only allow Pepper to eat his own biscuits and food.
Maybe u can give it try.
happy.gif

Btw, how old is ur schnazuer now? male or female? Mine is 1.5 yr old now.

kibi

matka, how abt trying not to mix w/ the wet food w/ dry food (if ur dog is able to eat dry food only)......as some dogs are allergic to chicken n some are not, these varies....by introducing one each at a time, u will be able to find out wat type of food he's allergy though it really takes time.....some ppl will have to do hm cook for their dogs by steaming the chicken mixed w/ carrot...cant really remember exactly....but the most important is trying to find out wat type of food he's allergy so tat u will avoid feeding him the food he's allergy to (this is juz my tots)......some is fast n some is slow....cockers are oso quite prone to skin problems....ever since i feed them SG holistique, their skin is better n their furs had grown back....

matka

Hi everyone, thanks for the information
happy.gif

Mag, I haven't come across Fish dry food yet. Will look out for it!

Jo, Oh yes. I was at this pet shop at River Valley and she recommended Avoderm too. But when I asked the vet, she said it was some new-fangled vegetarian thing and asked us not to deprive our dog of meat. hehehe. You know how vets are ;)

She recommended Solid Gold, Abady and another brand that i cannot, for the life of me, remember. Since the pet food store downstairs sells Solid Gold, I guess it's also easier for me to get that. He's taking to it quite well. I'm currently slowly finishing up his ANF supply. Few more days to go! This pet shop owner actually told me that ANF dog food also makes my dog hyper. I hope he calms down with the new food. hehe.

I might get him some supplements tho.. was told that Dermatrix was good. Has anyone's dog tried it before?

Thanks for telling me about chicken. I'll take note of that. Does that apply to all poultry? I'm currently feeding him turkey... hope it doesn't affect him.

My schnauzer is now 4mths 3 weeks old, male and is still a shaggy dog. hee.

Des, how is holistique different from the normal food? I can't seem to find the information on the sample packaging that i was given.

kibi

matka, the holistique is fish instead of chicken n is more suitable for dogs w/ sensitive skin...initally i fed my dog abady but not good n develop rashes....my trainer is the pax who recommended me on holistique...so far, i have also recommended holistique to my friends'(to those who have skin allergy) n so far so good except tat 1 is allergy to chicken so have to steer clear fm chicken...for my gals, r beef, so whatever food tat is related to beef, i dun feed them (being a more KS mummy)...
happy.gif

relaxfun

matka

manog is on Dermatrix and abt to finish a bottle liao, everyday just half a tablet (chewable). She likes it alot, nv fail to eat everyday when i give her
happy.gif
Mango skin and coat is getting real soft and smooth lor.
happy.gif
Now trying on 'Forthmatrix' from the same brand, its a over all wellbeing supplement and can take together with 'Dermatrix' also chewable
happy.gif
I find that chewable tablets are better way to feed mango cos last time when we give her Nupro, quite troublesome if we dun feed her with wet food lor, cos nupro will usually blend and mix into her wet food and if onli mix with dry food, Mango dun wana eat lor.

relaxfun

WHAT IS DERMATRIX?for Dogs and Cats?

DERMATRIX is a great tasting fatty acid supplement containing all the nutrients needed to promote a healthy skin and shiny coat in dogs, cats and other companion animals. It contains a high concentration of Omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids (EFA) from plant and fish sources, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), vitamins and minerals important for skin and fur health. Daily supplementation with DERMATRIX prevents nutrition deficiencies which may result in many skin allergies and dull coats experienced by dogs and cats.

DERMATRIX is helpful for itchy dogs due to many skin conditions and allergies including atopic dermatitis (for more information, CLICK HERE).

DERMATRIX is nutritionally superior to other Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) supplements on the market because:

DERMATRIX tablets contain Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. Other products usually contain only inexpensive fish oil (Omega 3), and therefore lack important plant derived EFA's;

Each tablet is a highly concentrated source of essential fatty acids of superior quality, so a bottle will last longer;

DERMATRIX contains fewer calories per daily serving and no vegetable fillers, so they have better nutritious value;

The dry-oil formulation make them easily digestible;

The chewable tablets are a treat to your pet;

They are scored so it is easy to break them for smaller pets.

kibi

i oso fed them other types of brands (abday, science diet) b4 switching to SG holistique......however, the results might varies......thus, if u really wan to try holisitique, try a small pack.....if ur dog does eat w/o mixing of any wet food, then u monitor his skin after 1 or 2 weeks or b4 the food finishes n sees how it goes......ever since, stuck forever to the holistique n dun really wan to change cos i dun wan them to go thru the torment again....if left untreated, it might get worse n u hv to bring ur dog to vet....

relaxfun

WHAT IS FORTRIX (forthmatrix i said earlier)for Dogs and Cats?

Antioxidants work best in mixtures made up of smaller amounts of a variety of groups, rather than a high concentration of single antioxidant. Ester-C as antioxidant it important, but powerful anti-oxidants need to include several antioxidant groups.

No single antioxidant protects against all conditions. Antioxidants work together as team players, working better when taken in combination than individually. The formula KALA Health put together contains eight groups of natural antioxidants that in combination protect against free radical cell damage in organs and organ linings. The components of the FORTRIX antioxidant system combine in a synergistic manner, giving maximum protection against free radical damage. Antioxidants are a great supplement and benefit, but should be used as an adjunct to and not as a replacement for conventional medicine.

you may go to www.arthrix.com for more details.

relaxfun

Jo

which area are you staying at? I got my dermatrix from Annie's corner at Toa Payoh. They have quite a good range of supplements
happy.gif

jo23

Mag, i m staying at tampines. is it? Will try to look around. Thanks!
Pepper's groomer ask me to get some supplement for him cos he is consider underweight. He eat alot but he can be hyperactive when we play with him. Wondering if it is bcos of this thus he dun put on weight. Should i get him some supplement to try or bring him to see a vet?

matka

hi Jo, sounds like a schnauzer thing - hyper. hehe

Do the other dogs go into this sudden spate of running-around like crazy? My dog will suddenly grab his toy and just run around the house in circles (well, not really in circles.. just round and round like obstacle course) really fast.. so fast sometimes he just bangs into the table, cupboard, door. Aiyo.

pegsfur

matka,

Yeah, my coalie used to do that when she's a pup ... just running in & out of the diff rooms like siao like that
proud.gif
But now no more leh.

relaxfun

Matka & Jo,

Mango also will do running in the house, we must act like chasing her den she will get excited and run rounds or like maciam doing shutter runs..hehehe
She will also bang onto the sofa or doors...

matka

hahaha... it must be very funny when they run around like crazy.

Sometimes when I'm doing my work, he'll be lying next to me minding his own business or trying to bite my foot. Then suddenly he'll get up like he's got a sudden inspiration and start CHEONG AHH!!! Crazy dog. :D

kibi

same as mine oso.....especially bi when run in n out of the bedroom n living room...then ki will chase her....so u can see two dogs running in n out......

kibi

sometimes when the 2 of them playing, u can hear a 'bong' sound, one of them have knocked onto the cupboard or wall.....make me so worry...when they played, its very rought...argggg....

relaxfun

there's one nite when Mango's next to her eye had a red patch but her eyes are still big and round and when i touch the patch, she doesnt seems to feel any pain so i leave it lor. The next day, the red patch got lighter.. i think she banged on the cupboard corner.. tats why red red.. :p

pam

Hi Matka,
The same Matka who had her wedding at Fullerton?
This is Pam from the Fullerton thread.
Have been reading that u got urself a puppy schnauzer. Me too juz got ourselves a corgi last month. Our puppy is turning 5 mths on this Sunday, so should be abt the same age as urs.
Will drop by this thread more often for more tips and advice.

matka

All the banging around reminds me of Murray, the dog in Mad About You.
happy.gif

Mag
happy.gif
, Pepper isn't my dog... he belongs to Jo. But yes, my dog has a tendency to try to bite our limbs. I always tell him "No!" constantly. He hardly bites furniture, but he loves cloth and our hands and feet. It's most drama when we wear jeans because he'll start chasing and biting when we walk and he gets dragged across the floor! Silly dog.

ehhe. at least you can see if Mango has bruises. My dog is salt and pepper (greyish brownish) so I won't be able to tell at all!

Morning Pam, yup it's me
happy.gif
Cool! I've a friend who's planning to get a Corgi too. She's very excited abt it.

la_la

hi gals...

wat a close shave...xiaobai almost got raped....by a male dog!!!

I was at the park near my mum's place and there is a papillion,left unattended.The maid was happily chit chatting on public phone.. tHEN both doggie were playing happily, then the pap suddenly climb on top of xiaobai and hump!!?!!

My xiaobai was so angry that he walked away.. and i still scold xiaobai of being unfriendly. Little did i realise that xiaobai kena molested . That cute pap still dun give up, i so scared that i carried xiaobai cos i am afraid he will fight back and hurt the small pap..Then i still got to bring the pap back to the maid, in case he got lost..

aiyo..animal oso got bisexual liao..

matka

la la,

Poor Xiaobai! I hope he wasn't too traumatised. I think dogs will hump anything right? Even our legs. A silky terrier also attempted to hump my schnauzer.. then he tried to get away when he was being held on too tightly. Thing is, the silky terrier was already neutered so strange that the 'urge' is still there. Habit, maybe? Or excessive testosterones? hehe

jo23

mag, i had not start giving pepper any supplement yet.
Matka, same as pepper, he will start to go round and round, running very fast in and out, also dunno wat is he doing. There is once i am trying to hold on to him to brush his fur(he hate this), he thought i am playing with so e moment he struggle himself free, he will run fast to the other end and then run back to me then run to e other end again till i stopped him. Cant stand him.. haha...
Pepper like to run fast and bcos the flooring at my bf's house is marble, when pepper run fast, sometime he cant break in time and he will 'ski' thru. or likewise knock onto cupboard etc. Haha... sometime he cant stop in time, will end up fall down, i m scare that he will sprain his legs or worse still break his bones.

pegsfur

lala,

If males humping males, it's a sign of dominance. That pap is trying to dominate yr xiaobai & is trying to tell him whose the boss
happy.gif
It's quite common, even if the dog is neutered. So don't worry
happy.gif

Mag,

Yeah, i know coalie might put on weight, which i'm quite happy abt cos she's simply too skinny. But hor, i have to control her weight becos she has loose knee cap. The vet advised to give her glucosamine & keep her lean. She also said try not to let her jump excessively or avoid long walks
sad.gif
I just went to the pharmacy yesterday & bought a bottle of the supplement for her ... wah, cost me $97 leh ... but if it helps to lessen the discomfort, i dun really mind
sad.gif

pegsfur

Oh, btw, females will also hump, for the same reason.
happy.gif
My previous dog, Peggy, is very domineering ... she will try to hump dogs, whether male or female
happy.gif
She's got a lot of guts & character!

matka

oh haha.

i'm not looking forward to the day when my dog starts wanting to hump. How do you train them not to do that?

Also, my dog gets pretty .. understatement - EXTREMELY excited when he sees some people and dogs, and he tends to want to jump on them because he's so happy. When we're out, he's usually on the leash so we restrain him, but any clue how to discourage him from doing that? Some people welcome it but generally people don't like it.

relaxfun

matka

Oh pepper is Jo's dog hehehe paiseh
lame.gif
me blur blur
proud.gif

Pegsfur

wat supplement you bought?? so exp ah??? one bottle or more??

lala & matka

Hump is wat??? did xiao bai kana rape by the papillion?? the papillion so horny ah...
angry.gif

pegsfur

mag,

It's not so much for bone strengthening, but rather to sort of 'lubricate' the joints at the knee cap, so that it will not be stiff & uncomfortable, as well as to prevent her from getting arthritis or joints dieseases in the future when she age.

la_la

MAG,

hump means doggie version of human being "doggie style" without the penetration..heehee.
No lah, i sense something amiss, then i quickly carry xiaobai up liao.

Pegfur,

The papillion so daring, so small still want to be boss in front of jrt..come to think of it, xiaobai so sweet, din fight back..

How do u know that coalie got loose knee cap?any symptoms?

Matka,

I got the same problem with xiaobai oso,but he wun jump on dogs, just wag tail vigorously and go smell butts. But he will jump on pple, esp when there are visitors..Its just a friendly and harmless greeting, just that not all pple are comfortable with that..Initially, i will tell him "no" when he does that, but no effect leh..

jo23

Hi lala, i hv e same problem with pepper too. once there was a female shih tzu came over to my bf's house, he was so excited about it, kept wagging his tail and went to smell her butt. The shih tzu was so frightened and start to run, pepper thought she was playing with him and he start to chase her. End up we saw them running around the house.