For All dog lovers

krazy76baby

my sister is fostering a dog right now but she has already got 1 herself. she wishes to up a dog up for adoption.
if you wish to see the dog, please contact me.
conditions apply.
happy.gif

[email protected]

luv

Hello all, just want to share the happy news that Russel has been found by someone staying at Fernvale Road (near SengKang). They called AVA and AVA contacted my hubby already. He was found lying in the open fields exhuasted and very weak. Had cuts and wounds on his entire belly and all his paws had very serious blisters with skin peeling off etc. Brought him to James Tan Vet Ctr. He was put on drip due to dehydration.
Right now he is recuperating at home and probably take about 1 week to walk properly. Not sure i'm too sensitive or what but his eyes were very teary when we found him. Makes us want to cry to see him in such bad shape also.

Mag, the pet shop is Polka Dog but just want to say that this was an accident so i don't blame them entirely but only hope they had not waited for 2 hours to inform me after failing to find Russel. A lot of things can happen during that 2 hours u see....Anyway they did take part in the search and offered to place adverts etc.

Twinstar, Pegsfur, Leslie, Makta, thank you so much for your help and suggestions. We did go disribute Russels pic at those suspected areas. We were so close to the place that he was found but he was probably hiding in some corner from the rain. I'm just so thankful that someone actually bothered to go check him out and called the AVA...

We can finally sleep with peace of mind now.

matka

Hi Wonderful

I'm so glad to know that Russel has been found. Poor doggie... he must be traumatised from the incident. You and your hubby too.. you guys must be tired. How long after his disappearance was he found?

It's nice to know that there are good samaritans out there
happy.gif

Mag, so sweet... did Mango have yummy treats for her bday? hee. So cute.

twinstars

Hi Wonderful

Still thought of PM you whether you want to paste pics around my place because I stay near the area you mention...
Anyway, felt happy for you and your doggie's "reunion" !
Hopes your Russel recover soon!
happy.gif

pegsfur

Hi wonderful,

It is indeed wonderful to learn of your reunion!
happy.gif
The poor dog must have been so scared. But it's good that we have a happy ending!
happy.gif
Oh, next time must be more careful hor.

relaxfun

matka

I bought a hotdog bun from taka for her
happy.gif
cos thinking tat cake got cream and sweet scally she cannot control poopoo.. :p

She was so...happy!
happy.gif

katherine

hi,

think russell will prob stick to u a lot from now on..when my gf lost and found her dog, the dog now refused to leave her side...
happy.gif

dawnaura

Wonderful,

Congrats! Glad you found Russ, in fact told my hubby to look out for him when he's doing his rounds, but guess I can call it off now.
happy.gif
You think you're sensitive? I bawled my eyes out when I lost my papillon in 1998 - imagine a 8-month pregnant auntie wandering around for 2 hours looking for a lost dog! And when some kind soul returned the lovable idiot 3 days later, he wasn't that happy after all - probably cuz my hubby and his mum felt so guilty for losing him that they bought me a puppy ..... and that meant 3 dogs in the house!

Hey Mag, vaguely remember some local website selling birthday cakes especially for dogs ....... happy birthday, Mango! XOXOXO

relaxfun

Lesile Leong

Thanks ya!

Will intend to get the dog birthday cake when i meet my friends and their dogs next week, going to beach!
happy.gif

luv

Hmm, i shld really think of bringing russel for photoshoot after he gets better. His BD on 1st July. But he is so nervous about anything outside his territory (our house) so i guess i have to take the "me & my pet" package otherwise cannot control him. Imagine his "scared" look in the pic...haiyo...

mizi

Hi

I need some advice. My puppy. Schnauzer, just vomit some yellowish liquid out. She still have not eat her breakfast yet. I thinking to bring her to the vet. Anyone can advise me what to feed her? She does not eat much also. I am feeding her mixture of wet and dry food.

relaxfun

Mizi

My Maltese will tend to have this reaction once a while when she was puppy, sometimes becos she ate the rubber out of her toys so vomit out rubber stuffand yellow liquid she cannot digest thru her system another reason is if she hasnt been eating anything thru out the day, she will tend to vomit yellowish liquid, cos her stomach cannot find food to digest and dogs have very acidic stomach.. :p

I will find that she doesnt want to eat if she will soon wana vomit later on of the day or two.

mizi

Hi loveluis
Thanks for your advice.

Hi Mag

What did you feed mango after she vomit? My puppy these few day has no much of appetite. Thanks.

pegsfur

Mizi,

It could be gastric juice leh .... u were saying she don't eat much rite? Why don't you bring her to the vet just to make sure? Sometimes my dog will also vomit this yellow liquid thing if she din eat at her 'appointed' meal times
happy.gif

mizi

Hi Mag
I also fed the same as you. She only eat bit by bit.
Hi Pegsfur
I want to bring her to the vet also. My friend suggest me to feed her Po Chai pill first to see how. As that what she do when her dog has stomach upset.

relaxfun

Mizi

Other than not eating at the rite time, how about her drinking water?? does she drink as usual? cos she will to drink water den shld be alrite.

Does she get moody looking these few days or as usual like run and play as normal?? Anything unusual expect on diet???

mizi

Hi Mag

She drink the water as usual. Very active too. Always want to go out and walk. These few day, i even bring her to walk the staircase up to 6 storey with me.

pegsfur

Mizi,

Pls DON'T feed yr dog the po chai pills! U won't know if it's ok for yr dog even though it's ok for yr friend's dog.

I think you shld monitor her for 1 or 2 days, see if she still vomit or not. If she's ok, still play & drink & eat, then u shldn't worry too much.

matka

Hi girls

My dog has just reached 6 mths and his teeth are dropping. LOL. I think as a result of this, he hasn't been eating very well (like very sian to eat like that). But he's been drinking much more water. I hope this is normal.

Also i'm not too sure if you've experienced this. For the past 2 months, he's been sleeping along the corridor outside our bedroom. Everything has been going fine until 2 nights ago when, in the middle of the night, he'll come scratching and knocking on our door, as if he wants to come in. And he'll whimper as well. The first time I heard it, I woke up and went to see what was going on. As he seemed quite normal, I put him back to bed and went back to sleep. But he only went back to knocking the door again.

The same thing happened last night (at 4am!) and we chose to ignore it because we didn't want him to make it a habit in case he just wants to come in. I'm not sure if this is normal or if he was really scared of something. Have you girls experienced this before?

relaxfun

matka

lol... dropping teeth liao ah.... Mango still bites on toys while her teeth dropped.. very itchy teething for her i guess... I guess not eating well is becos of the toothache (bo gay) hehehee...

Mango sleeps with us in the room, but same thing as yr dog, if she hears any funny noise outside she will wana go out, giving a low bark at us telling us to open the door for her HAHAHA...
But sometimes its realli too much to wake us up every now and then PLUS My hubby doesnt like our bedroom door to be open for Mango's needs, so when he gets pissed off by her, he will just let her out and shut the door leaving her outside.

Maybe your dog wants to see you guys and be close to you lor and testing yr patients... just be firm, just leave him whimpering and dun answer the door.

luv

Hello Matka, your doggie just want to stay close to u and feel more secure at nite.
Same as my Russel lor. He also like that when he was puppy. Will start scratching our bedroom or study room door after 2 or 3 hours outside without us, especially at nite.
At first we wanted to trained him to be independent and also he can still use the common toilet when he need to pee or poo.
His persistence won over us after a while. He will sleep on the cushion we prepared for him in the bedroom.
Initially he cannot tahan and would pee on the mat outside the bathroom door. Then we laid newspaper inside the bathroom and left it ajar for his convenience. But the urine stench quite unbearable in the morning. So we scolded him and said he very troublesome (so bad hor ..don't know he understand or not).
Then after a week, we forgot to put newspaper. He somehow learnt to tahan and whenever he need to go, he would stand on his hind legs next to our bed and wake us up to open door to go outside toilet to pee. So me & hubby take turn at nite to open door...(sometimes so tired *yawn*).
As he grew older, he can wait till we woke up in the morning. But his another problem is, he farted more often now.. soooo smelly..sometimes can even hear him fart when his eyes were closed and sleeping....amazing !

matka

hahaha.. dogs are funny and loveable, aren't they?

Thanks girls
happy.gif
My dog has been ok staying outside so far, but i don't know why it's only been happening the past two days. We don't want him sleeping in our room because our bed is on the platform floor and from experience...

when we least expect it...

... he'll run over to the bed and "attack" our heads. A bit frightening for it to happen at night, right? *grin*

luv

oh btw, forgot to ask something.

Does anyone has any experience with or heard any bad or good feedback about The Pet Hotel located in Pasir Ris Farmway, and the Animal Resort in Seletar Farmway ? I hope they really take good care of our precious.
Got to go overseas next weekend and needed a boarding place for russel for about 7~8 days.
The rates & living condition at The Pet Hotel seemed better but both charge additional $5 for a 10~15 mins walk each day...easy money leh.

relaxfun

WOnderful

I Got my Maltese from Animal Resort and we did saw dogs (mostly big dogs) there to stay and they sleep in cages outdoor lor. Quite bored to stay there i think.... :p lazy around the cage doing nothing... :p I rather put my dog with parents or friends.
happy.gif

My groomer Feng, www.vipaws.com has pet sitting services maybe you can check it out
happy.gif

luv

Hello Mag,
thanks, i have contacted Feng. After some thoughts, pet-sitting is not going to work for us. Russel tends to be very "fierce" towards strangers entering our house, and very barky when left alone for too long in the house. If Feng comes in only 1 hour a day, I don't think he will let her go off so easily. She may end up having to stay in my place for a week :p
My hubby parents are overseas, and my mum is too busy and unwilling to care for Russel. And knowing Russel does not have an angelic temperament 24 hrs a day (erh..some said he is a "dog of character" whatever that means), better not to trouble my friends too. Pai seh lah.

relaxfun

Wonderful

One thing i discourage staying in pet hotel is that who knows wat kind of pets they have there stay with ticks, fleas or mites????

Are you staying around Yishun Area? I ever visit a pet shop ard Chong Pang, the pet shop owner do pet sitting and we actually saw a dog they take care and told us she actually bring the dog home and sleep with her!
happy.gif
I think she's a real pet lover lor
happy.gif

janet

Hi all dog lovers, may i know y my dog pukes?? it's colourless and sticky looks like saliva... any advice wat's the causes?? thank you
happy.gif

relaxfun

Janet,

No idea, my maltese pukes yellowish liquid most of e time.

To all,

Does anyone's dog drools alot??? Wat causes it huh?

luv

Janet, my dog pukes once a while too, sometimes whitish and sticky, and sometimes with little spots of blood stains. Then sometimes he suddenly start gasping for air like kena asthma attack.
Checked with the vet. They said it is normal for dogs to puke due to stomach problem (eg, gastric, hunger, stomachache, discomfort in the throat etc) & will be fine after a day or maximum two. But if more than that and continue to loss appetite, must go see vet.

Mag,
Don't know much abt the drooling though.
And btw ,i used to stay in yishun but now moved to punggol liao. But don't recall any pet shop around chongpang...maybe i tend to patronize the one in sembawang & thomson plaza more often.
I will check around again for boarding options and see can find better options or not. thanks!

mandysst

yellowish liquid is actually gastic juice. it is normal for dogs to puke.

as for drools, different dogs drools differently. and it is actually the way they pespire. so it is perfectly alright. however, do give them plenty of water as if they drools a lot, it mean lots of water lose too.

pegsfur

Mizi,

Hope i'm not too late ... Coalie had her menses when she was abt 11 mths old. It lasted for abt a week. I didn't make her wear 'pampers' cos she's likelly to pull it off. So wat we do is to wipe away the stains whenever we see it on the floor. Like us humans, the 1st few days are heavier, & is the amt is reduced along the week.

However, if u find it troublesome, why don't u get your doggy spayed? Coalie was spayed a few months aft her menses. So she is completely free from having it for the rest of her life. Less trouble for me, less trouble for her too
happy.gif

pegsfur

Mag!!

Hahaha.... found u at last
happy.gif
Hey, what's the contact of your home groomer? I need her to groom coalie leh ... she like siao char boh liao. Btw, how's her charges like? I'm not going to do full grooming leh ... just trim the ears, around the eyes & the nails & paw pads cos I want to keep her coat long
happy.gif