E mail password

watching

Does anybody know how to hack your own e mail account ? I have a few e mail accounts but I forgot my password....

ariel84

I think you can do a "forget password" and it will prompt you the security question you put down. Other email accounts may send the info to your alternate email account that you've submitted upon sign up.

watching

They say, `Send password reset instructions to me in e-mail`, as in, my email, which I have no access to anymore. I don´t even remember my secret answer to my secret question.

Anyway, thank you for trying to help.

miloice

u can trial and error till u get it.

Did that for my dad's mailbox when he had passed on.

simpleman

If you have not re-installed your computer.. or cleared it, your computer could still have the password.

Then there are some tools available that may help to recover your password if it is still on your computer.

mrs_beast

My company is presently using a accounts programme but the "IT' staff had resigned and we don know the password to the programme inorder to change some settings, the company who sold us this programme also close down, anything we could do over here?

sg_peasant

To Mrs Beast,
You could theoretically, hack the password.
1. Find where the hash of the password sits on the pc.
2. Get someone to create a script to run through millions of possible combinations of password to generate the same hash.

In short get someone to try to hack it for you...
Not going to be cheap, so unless your account data is really that important, you might want to move on to a new account software.