DIY Wedding Preparation - So much fun and So much to share!

libra007

People who know me would know I like to share experience, both good and bad.

I have came across some very nice people who have made my wedding turning out very well and nice! There were also some people whom I would like to warn to avoid if you are preparing for your wedding as they had made me gone through some stress and incurring unnecessary costs. I would start with the GOOD list.

GOOD List

1. Seamstress Kim
  • Her home based business is in Tampines. She has fully delivered my wedding gown, with everything perfect in 1st fitting. And the design is even better than what I originally had in mind!
  • She went through thoroughly on understanding my expectations and made me understand hers too. Communication is clear which is important in finally delivering the good piece of work.
  • She rejected my order initially as I only contacted her one month before my wedding, after my original engaged seamstress failed to meet the timeline. However she was kind-hearted and after hearing my story, she accepted to do my gown for me, provided I trust her and willing to pick up my gown just one day before my wedding.
  • Conclusion: My gown is perfect! I think it is destiny that helped me to 'fire' the original seamstress so I could have the perfect piece done by Kim.
2. Make-up Artist, Vivien Low
  • Very patient young lady.
  • She went into details and did my face like a piece of arts!
  • She did her work slowly and paid attention to all details.
  • She is a very good listener and willing to accept feedback and then worked with me towards giving me a look which made my hubby so pleased and all guests praising!
  • She communicated closely with me, before, during and after trial. This is the absolute important factor to ensure the actual day turned out so well!
  • I had a trial with another make-up artist before Vivien. Her work was so rush and without thinking. After that trial, I incidentally run into a friend who was generous with her feedback and told me I should communicate to that MUA not to turn me into an aunty! But when that friend saw me on the actual day, her comment about Vivien's work is 'she made you so stunning!'.
3. Tailor for alteration, Jenny
  • Very experienced and confidence.
  • She delivered what she promised, should it be the final work or timeline.
4. Kian Huat Catering
  • Boss was so patient to discuss and plan my menu with me.
  • So responsible and professional to ensure the setup was done properly that they volunteered to come earlier to survey the place and plan the setup.
  • The menu I had is Chinese dishes banquet style and the food was well appraised by everyone from my aunty to my nieces. Very well received by all generation!
TO AVOID list
  1. Home-based seamstress at Yishun
  2. MUAs at Holland Village area

If you would like to have more details of the GOOD and TO AVOID Lists, do feel free to message me. More than happy to share!

DIY your wedding is fun and could be very satisfactory! But it is important to start planning earlier, know what you want and select the right people to work with.

Hope your wedding will be as great as mine!

libra007

oh btw.. Florist wise.. Tree House is great! You don't need a bomb to get nice floral decoration to brighten up the whole place and event!
  • Reasonable price
  • Discussed and give good suggestions
  • Helped me to visualize the work they will deliver
  • Delivered on time

libra007

Hi Claudia,

I have emailed you the requested info. please check and let me know if you don't receive it.

libra007

Hi KK, I had my back-up wedding gown altered by Jenny at Holland Village. I like the discussion and time she spent to get the work done properly. Her number is 9238 8870. Her rate might be on high side for some people. But I believe in rewarding people fairly when they can deliver quality work. 6783At least when I let my important dresses in her hands, she has never failed me.

In case if anyone who wants to MTM her wedding gown, seamstress Kim's contact is 6783 1963.

mcpig

Hi KK, I had my back-up wedding gown altered by Jenny at Holland Village. I like the discussion and time she spent to get the work done properly. Her number is 9238 8870. Her rate might be on high side for some people. But I believe in rewarding people fairly when they can deliver quality work. 6783At least when I let my important dresses in her hands, she has never failed me.

In case if anyone who wants to MTM her wedding gown, seamstress Kim's contact is 6783 1963.

Hi, what's Kim's rate for MTM?

libra007

I have to update my post ref. this subject to make it now complete... completely nice pictures done by my photographer Steven Lew!

All the nice pieces - wedding gown by Kim, pretty shoes by Sinderalla, perfect make-up by MUA Vivien Low and yummy buffet by Kian Huat were captured under his camera lenses. Importantly he captured the expression and thoughts of my hubby and I well in his shots. As for the guests, his shots were so candid. All the pictures well summarized the happiness and memorable moments of that day!

Mr_Perry

People who know me would know I like to share experience, both good and bad.

I have came across some very nice people who have made my wedding turning out very well and nice! There were also some people whom I would like to warn to avoid if you are preparing for your wedding as they had made me gone through some stress and incurring unnecessary costs. I would start with the GOOD list.

GOOD List

1. Seamstress Kim
  • Her home based business is in Tampines. She has fully delivered my wedding gown, with everything perfect in 1st fitting. And the design is even better than what I originally had in mind!
  • She went through thoroughly on understanding my expectations and made me understand hers too. Communication is clear which is important in finally delivering the good piece of work.
  • She rejected my order initially as I only contacted her one month before my wedding, after my original engaged seamstress failed to meet the timeline. However she was kind-hearted and after hearing my story, she accepted to do my gown for me, provided I trust her and willing to pick up my gown just one day before my wedding.
  • Conclusion: My gown is perfect! I think it is destiny that helped me to 'fire' the original seamstress so I could have the perfect piece done by Kim.
2. Make-up Artist, Vivien Low
  • Very patient young lady.
  • She went into details and did my face like a piece of arts!
  • She did her work slowly and paid attention to all details.
  • She is a very good listener and willing to accept feedback and then worked with me towards giving me a look which made my hubby so pleased and all guests praising!
  • She communicated closely with me, before, during and after trial. This is the absolute important factor to ensure the actual day turned out so well!
  • I had a trial with another make-up artist before Vivien. Her work was so rush and without thinking. After that trial, I incidentally run into a friend who was generous with her feedback and told me I should communicate to that MUA not to turn me into an aunty! But when that friend saw me on the actual day, her comment about Vivien's work is 'she made you so stunning!'.
3. Tailor for alteration, Jenny
  • Very experienced and confidence.
  • She delivered what she promised, should it be the final work or timeline.
4. Kian Huat Catering
  • Boss was so patient to discuss and plan my menu with me.
  • So responsible and professional to ensure the setup was done properly that they volunteered to come earlier to survey the place and plan the setup.
  • The menu I had is Chinese dishes banquet style and the food was well appraised by everyone from my aunty to my nieces. Very well received by all generation!
TO AVOID list
  1. Home-based seamstress at Yishun
  2. MUAs at Holland Village area

If you would like to have more details of the GOOD and TO AVOID Lists, do feel free to message me. More than happy to share!

DIY your wedding is fun and could be very satisfactory! But it is important to start planning earlier, know what you want and select the right people to work with.

Hope your wedding will be as great as mine!
Hi, I would really like to know your MUA & Seamstress Kim contact. Would really appreciate you can share your contact as my wedding is around end of Dec'14. My email is [email protected]