Dentist

shortcakebubble

touraco..

i am not very sure about, just read it somewhere.. in the papers i think.. they are growing a whole tooth.. let me try to see if i can find out more about it.. SNEC is Singapore national eye centre at SGH

herbal

Hi
for those who have phobia of dentists, you can go to- Dr Philip Woo from Sengkang NTUC Denticare. He's really gentle and skillful!

baby5556

hi herbal, ya would like to know how the charges like also?

cos i been to a few dentist before and they have a consultation fees before they can analyse your teeth situtations.

means you have to tell them your problems on your tooth before they can do their job for u....think quite weird to me leh ;p

jasminetea

Hi Herbal,

I would like to know where is the location of Sengkang NTUC Denticare too. I thought it was at Compass point but realised it is not.
happy.gif

Cheers~

herbal

Hi hi
Yes, NTUC denticare Sengkang branch is at Rivervale Mall, 2nd storey. I'm not sure of their charges now but that time I went to Dr Woo, it was very reasonable. And if you have an NTUC member card, u can get discounts : )

lynnhow

Hey guys,

I really scare of going to dentist... i have not step in ever since 5 or 6 yrs ago but i tink i got cavity so have to go =( Have already made appointment at NTUC denticare at marine parade... anybody went there b4? OR can any1 recommend a good dentist in the east area?

Thx!

not_so_easy

been to one of the NTUC denticare at orchard, don't find them good.

there is one at serangoon, find him good, no pain, and he is patient too.

email me if you are keen

herbal

Hi there,
i just knew that the dentist has moved to a new clinic at Punggol Plaza (the new shopping mall at punggol 21). He's clinic is "The DENTAL INN" on level 4... hehe, i enquired about tooth whitening, it's $550... anyone knows the market rate? Normal scaling and polishing is $32...

koras

any gd dentist in the east.
cox i hate going to dentist also. scared pain. sob sob havent gone for few yrs liao

herbal

Koras, I used to live in Tampines, and I know there are a number of dentists there, but don't know whether they good or not ... sorry can't really help... how about going back to your old dentist that u are used to?

almondnutgirl

Go to Crown Dental Surgery
Blk 821 Tampines ST 81 #01-212 S520821 Tel:67889110,try this clinic not bad & quite famous within the areas.Hope it help you overcome the fear of dentist after you visit this clinic.He is an experience doc and very gentle too.Give it a try!

eml_

Dr WOO KOK TIM PHILIP

The Dental Inn
168 Punggol Field
#04-01 Punggol Plaza
Singapore 820168

Tel: 63128998

i'm comtemplating to go there.. any one has any idea their operating hours?

loterie

For those who are interested in doing dental services, @ a posh clinic in Camden Medical Centre on the 16th floor:

- Scaling & Polishing $ 80 - $120
- Teeth Whitening (in-clinic & home Kits) + Scaling & Polishing, now on promotion till March 07 for just $600!!

elovechat

juz say u r unemployed. dun wear posh clothes. sure get cheaper rate. Dr Yap from De Pacific Dental Group. Fast and the follow-up service is superb.

purple_cat

any one has an existing female dentist to recommend..? i have checked my neighbourhood - kallang area, but the dentist are male. Im more comfortable to have a female dentist to meddle with my teeth..
thanks!!

von_teh_su_su

Hi...

I got out my wisdom tooth a couple of months ago from my dentist. He is very nice, humourous and very good with his work. He will make u forget all the painfulness during the session.. hahaha! Very confortable with him, will definately recommend more friends back to him.

Dr Oh Chin Hong
Q&M Dental @ Yishun Central
Tel: 6851 6789

adrella

Q&M dental, the nurses veri blurr..be careful..i got bad experience on my face want...=''( got cut by the razor

reality

Hi all,

I'm also more comfortable with a female dentist. My current one is Dr Pong at NTUC Denticare, midpoint orchard. Been to her for extraction of wisdom tooth and cleaning since Jan 2006. Quite good and careful.

sansan76

i agree with adrella that the Q&M nurses are not very professional. i went 2 the 1 at old airport rd and the nurse told the dentist to be faster coz she's in a hurry to go hm. (she said it in front of me while the dentist is cleaning my teeth) in the the whole process is less than 10mins. i never went back there again

noscon

hi gals

i would recommend eastern dental at blk 303 jurong east. i once went to a dentist at bt panjang for a painful tooth. She recommended root canal n crowning for me which would cost a few hundreds. But my parents encouraged me to go to their usual dentist at eastern to get a 2nd opinion. So i did. the dentist there only put some medicine there n my pain was gone. i only need to do a filling after that to cover a hole she drilled to place the medicine. And because of her, i avoided paying a few hundred. Her fees are reasonable too...

isobellies

wow noscon, having a root canal and not having one is pretty drastic difference! did either dentist take xray for you? it might be that your pain is gone for now but could still need treatment later....

rinnie

Hi all..I had a very gd experience with Q&M. I think it depends on which outlet you go.. I did root canal and two wisdom tooth extraction...painless.u can look for my dentist..she's Dr. Sharon Chung at Hougang Central Branch=)

noscon

hi iso

i believe it varies from case to case. probably there was some way to "save" the nerve. She told me to try the medicine first. if it still aches like before then she recommend root canal.
happy.gif
But after placing the med, i didnt feel any pain anymore for the last 3 months.... she has since done a filling in that tooth and i no longer have an issue with that tooth...

as i said, it varies from person to person for each case but i just want to share my experiences here so that we can all benefit from one another's experiences..
happy.gif

bellrin8880

Hi

I have been using one particular dentist located at Paragon (at the last floor). Charges definitely slightly costly than from ntuc and other clinic. However his service is good and I have been using his service for at least 5 yrs plus and never change to any other dentist.

[email protected]

wendily

Hi all,

recently i just went to the dentist for my routine check up.

I went to the one at Jurong Pt, called Dental Trendz. It was recommeneded by one of the podders here.

I must say Dr Liew is really good. Very gentle. I must say this is the first time i went to dentist, and i'm not afraid to go back again. LOL

happycookie

Hi
don't visit the Smile Clinique Dental Surgeons at compasspoint. Went to extract my upper wisdom tooth. Dentist Chiong quoted me $80 before extraction but charged me $120 after extraction. I was very consious of the price he quoted because i was ready to boot if the price quoted is out of my budget. I was annoyed also becuase their price list stated $80-$100. so where did the $120 come from????? Anyway, he charges $90 for normal polishing and scaling...

herbal

I would like to recommend my dentist at Punggol Plaza - The Dental Inn

Value for money... hahaha and pleasant service!
http://geocitie.com/thedentalinn/ to find out how to get there... (PS: add an "s" behind "geocitie" in the url... very funny this forum don't allow me to put the word "geocitie*"??? strange leh

wendily

I just went to remove my wisdom tooth at Dental Trendz... I must say.. its really and experenced.. LOL... but it was way better then i expected.. the pain factor was 2/10.. It was like ant bite...

Definately worth the money... (i rather pay more then have more pain)

haohao20

ive been very afraid of dentists since young but the dentist at universal dental is very good.. he is very gentle and patient. he is located at khatib
happy.gif

vernwyen

erm, afraid to do the usual cleaning? I juzr cant stand the tool being 'grinding' my teeth, it gives me goosebumps.

So far my extractions at NTUC denticare (tpy) is pretty smooth. Dr Alan made me feel at ease and assure me that he will make sure the gum was numbed before doing the extraction. Seen him 3 times to pull out 6 teeth and i am very satisfied with his professionalism.

missy122

hey there

ascension dental clinic's Dr Quek is really good. And the prices he charge are really affordable. Been going there since 2006. Its based in Jurong East