Catholic Brides

lovelydove

Hello Chinz.. finally confirmed! Congrats..

I'm also planning for tea ceremony just before dinner. Shld be ok ba, den relatives can just make 1 trip and settle everything??

What time is your church ceremony? I'm doing afternoon at 3pm.

chinzilla

im having the ceremony in the morning . at abt 9.30am . till abt 12.30 including the outdoor shoot with the PG.

Then head home reach hotel at two. tea ceremony abt 5pm.

ngmelissa

Hi jetaime24! Yes I think probably we can start looking into the details about 5 months prior to the wedding? So Dec/Jan seems ok?

Hi chinzilla & Shan, I'm doing a next day lunch and am also planning to do tea ceremony just before the meal as well. Seems like the timing should be good since there's no rush after church? Especially if u plan to change to a cheongsam or kua for the tea ceremony?

lovelydove

Mellie, lunch next day I tink you have lotsa time, really no rush! So you will wear the CS or Kua for tea ceremony and change back to WG for march in?

Chinz, i also agree.. so tinking of doing away with Kua, just tea ceremony in my EG. And I am bloody lazy to change so many times la.. Haha...

Anybody knows what is the earliest time dinner can be served? Cos I'm doing Church -- Tea ceremony -- Dinner. No reception in between. So feel like starting dinner earlier so guests dont starved.

chinzilla

hmm i think abt 6 plus can already. but dpds on ur own prep time + make up timing oso . U might like to buffer some time for the PG to do the highlights

shanawawa

Hi DNCL,

Me same! All within a day. Mine abit rush. here goes.

Morning gatecrashing fetch bride-> Groom's place for tea ceremony -> Church wedding @ 11 am -> Reception at church -> Bride's place for tea ceremony -> Banquet dinner

lovelydove

Chinz, my PG told me at least 4 hrs in between den can do highlights.. so very tough. Prob can only show montage.

Hi DNCL, if 10am maybe U just wake up a bit earlier? Haha.. Cos still have to buffer for travelling time and phototaking time. BTW, I'm not engaging a VG. Only using PG.

yali

Hi all
I wish to have my ROM at St Teresa Church.

Can I just check, must my HTB and I be Christian or Catholic?

thanks!

dncl

@shan: i thought i wont have time for photo taking already. Cant see any slot leii... Actually VG is suggested by family. So can play it next time. Nvr thought of it before also.

sheltie

hi all,
I am holding my wedding service in St Teresa's in Dec and need a template for service as my htb, his family and some of my family are non catholics. Does anyone have a template and can share? Do you know where is a good source to select songs and readings / prayers from and whether they allow us to play any song for march in? I am also having everything in 1 day, hectic!

chinzilla

ya 4 hrs to do the highlights. montage is enuf le. more impt the PG captures the main points / spirit of the day. are u going to do the phototaking along the way? im quite baffled hw some couples can go to barrage or hort park on AD. haha blur

I thot of VG oso to keep memories of the family =D

hrm Julia can ask from the parish secretary? they might have a template? hee 1 day is quite hectic for sure!

Im still in 2 minds abt holding a mass coz while HTB and me are catholics, a gd majority of our relatives/ and my parents are non catholics.. hiaz scared they just zone out .

anyone engaging choir? i got quoted 350.. hmm abit out of my budget.. sighz are there alt aside from friends

shanawawa

Hi Julia,

Readings can be taken from marriage book (meant for wedding mass/services) from any church. You can get Priest or the secretary of the church to help. What is your email? I can send you some templates. ;)

sheltie

shanawawa, thanks in advance! my e -mail is [email protected]. Any ideas about song choices? We don't have to choose all church songs from hymns right? Like for eg, the ending song can be a pop song?

Chinzilla, hmmm the secretary ah, she's a bit fierce...

lovelydove

DNCL.. i mean phototaking at brides place and groom place also will take up quite some time. Hehe.. Cos some of my fren overrun on timing cos did not consider phototaking time..

Chinz, ya la, dunno why ppl got so much time and energy to go take picts. But I tink it's more for those who do not have prewedding shots? Also for the mass, just will have holy communion. If not many catholics will be pretty fast also. So will not be very very long. And I heard from Fr if afraid it will be too long can take out one reading?? Not sure how it's done but can discuss with Fr.

Julia, I know what you mean... keke... for the wedding service template can get from the Fr for your wedding mass. Who are you getting? They are like a million times more helpful. =P

chinzilla

thx shan. din noe we can take out a reading. hrm but will try to squeeze it all in . Hee so where do u intend to have ur shoot?

Btw if u wanna find ext florist , im looking at this two flower coutre and poppy floral. The former is cheaper than my church appointed florist and v accomodating

sheltie

haha yeah, I am having my wedding service in St Teresa as my preferred parish cannot accommodate me on 31 dec. I am sure the church secs got the templates since they have done so many weddings, but don't know why they don't wanna send us. Will get from father then. Am holding service at 1030am slot, should finish before 1130am, should I cater lunch or just cocktail / finger food as there is some cost savings if I don't do lunch and we are on a budget, but guests may expect lunch because of timing... so many things to do!

dncl

@shan: hahaha sorry i thought u mean like go somewhere for photo taking... 10am mass should be enought. Will take lot of pic before groom come huakkakakakak

Maybe for some they only have customry. sign up 10 hours PG, so still hv time to go other place.

I will take florist from church. Mine just simple wedding. So should be ok bah.

lovelydove

Chinz, I'm just gonna have studio shots with my doggies! Haha.. Cos have previously gone for a outdoor PS with another bridal but end up dun like the picts. No choice dun wanna waste money to do everything again. For the florist, have they given you a rough idea how much it would cost to decor the whole place?

Julia, it should be good to have some reception since it's lunch time and your guest might be hungry. Maybe go for lesser dishes but still can fill their tummy up?

chinzilla

heh shan noe how u feel. not too enthu abt my outdoor shots too. Nice of the BS to let your doggies join in ! hee u are a dog lover? grinz. "yi ding hen you ai xin" wat breed are they?

I enquired these two; the preliminary quotes

Risen Christ Church Florist : CS Nancy

Altar + the stand + Mother Mary's altar - 300 to 350
Pews: ~15 ea
Couple chair: 100 for both

Flower coutre

140 - Altar
90 - stand
20-25 - Pews
40 - couple chairs.

Going down to poppy floral later. I'll let you noe again.

So far are the quotes reasonable?

lovelydove

Chinz, Haha.. I have a jack russell and a mini schnauzer. Sooo cute. I just love dogs.. Dunno why. Dont worry so much, I'm sure your outdoor PS will turn out well!

Wah.. at first I only budget 500 for flora deco.. seems like have to up the budget. Have you consider blissful thots? A lot of ppl recommend it as value for money on the forum..

bigrockshow

Hope to get some advice from catholic brides to be!

We booked our date for Church of Risen Christ in Toa Payoh, I'm a methodist so we've got to complete the MPC.

Should i confirm/book with the Father before completing the course or after? I'm really worried he may be occupied on the day.

We have quite a schedule as well : Fetch bride, tea ceremony at groom's place -> tea ceremoney at bride's place -> Church wedding in the afternoon -> wedding dinner

Next, what about brides who have similar programs on their day? Do your photographer or videographer calculate the hours? i'm worried the videographer may not have enough time to do the highlights.

We decided to save on the floral since the entire event will be an hour or so and only inviting close relatives+brothers/sisters

hope to hear your views

lovelydove

Bigrockshow, you have booked the date for Risen Christ? From what I understand, you can only book the date if you have gotten a Fr... Most do not allow you to book the church first. At least for my parish. Maybe other Risen Christ brides can share their experience on this..

As for the MPC you can always complete it after confirming your wedding date with Fr. That is why they advise you to book at least 6 months before so you have time to complete MPC or EE.

chinzilla

Shan: dogs are cute !! Ur darlings are the really lively breed? Heh I think ur album will be really special coz it reflects ur personality
happy.gif

Got my outdoor ps photos le. Haha not to enthu abt it.

Actually I oso budget abt 500 for floral. Ithink it can be done! I'll prob skip the pews or use fake flowers
happy.gif
trying to work things out with flower couture .

Big rock show! I'm oso with risen Christ. They r ok I u dun confirm the father first, but the advice is to do so asap due to schedule. I got father John sim for our mass. Yup just confirm first n sign up for mpc or Ee.

When's ur wedding?
happy.gif
mpc for 4q 2011 is the only one left for this yr. Heh anyone noes the diff btw mpc and Ee? Was thinking one weekend might be too condensed.

Btw for vg, rule of thumb is 4-5 hrs w/o travelling time for the highlights . Maybe can skip e video for tea ceremony?

septlove

Hi all, can anyone advice if i am having the tea ceremony in SFX after the church service, can i wear my kua? coz it has all the dragons etc so i am not sure if i am allowed

lovelydove

Chinz, Actually the main reason why I wanna take with my doggies is becos one of them is already 10 years old. Wont have many years left, so it will be a nice memory...

Bigrockshow, so are you planning for next year too?

Septlove, dun tink there will be any problem with wearing kua, it's chinese traditional clothing wat. I have never heard of picts of dragons not allowed in church.. And most likely the tea ceremony will have be in the canteen and not in the main church, so shouldnt have any problem..

lovelydove

Chinz, MPC is over 6 weekends, every sat you will go to the presenting couple house and there will be sharing in groups and also individual couple time.

EE is just over 1 weekend and not as much sharing (I heard from my friends) due to time constrain. If couple have time, I will recommend MPC... More sharing and you will also make good friends from the course after spending 6 weeks together.

septlove

shan tks for sharing. the reason why i am asking is bcoz i heard some Christian church do not allow idolising 'dragons' and 'phoenix' as it is mytical hence there is something called a chritian kua. Ie the kua only has flower motifs on it!

chinzilla

i see ! yup it will be a gd keep sake =)
im going for MPC hopefully for the Oct intake. The organisers havent confirmed my slot yet. If we cant get in then no choice have to go for EE.

Urself ? are u signing up soon?

septlove

hello...do u know if i should meet up wtih fr frst before i print the mass booklets will he want to vet through? also anyone has wedding service booklet? (not wedding mass)

darguel

sept love - I would suggest you also get the choir/singer to have a look through in case some of the hymns not suitable or they don't know them or typos. The church parish secretary should have the booklet templates I think. Can get from them or can try asking Fr.

vern24

Hi All,

I am a BTB in June 2012. It's at SFX.

Shanawawa, if you are able to share whom to you liase with at church to help with all the preperation work. So far, we have made the reservation for wedding, done with the booking of the canteen and made the love offering.

Kind of lost as i do not know what i should do next.

shanawawa

Hi Vernie! SFX is so beautiful!! Great choice. Jz had my wedding on Sat. Now in Greece so I dun have my soft copies but rest assured all taken care of
happy.gif
when u booked with the secretary I'm sure they gave u a blue piece of paper? Have all the numbers stated there. I used the florist (Vincent) and organist (Mabel) by SFX. Highly recommended as they know the place well.
Dun need to get outside vendor. David is in charge of canteen coordination. He is superb!!

vern24

Hey Shana, Congrats and hope you are enjoying your honeymoon!

I do have the paper but do you think its too early to book nw? Btw, who was the celebrant of the mass? Do you think when you are back you could show me the decor of the church please. Can you also share how much was the florist and Organist. Did you have a choir? Apologies for the over flowing of questions. Think you are the best person to advise since you just had yours!

lovelydove

Shana, congrats! You finally done with wedding! Greece must be so beautiful!

Vern, I'm not with SFX but usually the booking of choir and florist just need to be 3 months before. Now will be too early! Haha.. Have you settled your BS and banquet?

Chinz, I'm sure you will enjoy MPC!!!

vern24

Hey Shan,

I am going with Digio for my BS. No banquet as we prefer a more casual affair. It will be lunch followed by lunch. Still sourcing for a good cater though.

wheelie

Sorry if I am asking a silly question: If I choose to flash the service using church's projector instead of printing booklets, I would need my own friend to operate the powerpoint is it? Church doesn't provide any manpower to assist on this right?

champagne5

Hi Vernie,

Could you pls advise how much you had to pay for the rental of the church and the canteen? is it a standard price or is it in the form of a love offering? Thanks.

vern24

Hi Champagne,

The church canteen is at a rental fee of $200. As for the church usage, it's a love offering. Any amount you are comfortable with.

darguel

Hi wheelie,
It depends on the church I think. I know for Immaculate Heart of Mary there is someone there to help with the slides and music.

Alternatively if you are using the church choir, you can ask them if one of them can do the slides for you? Since they are from that church they should be familiar with it.

champagne5

Hi Vern,

Thanks =) Can I check with you how much do you have to pay to decorate the church? or can we decorate it with our own flowers.. just at the pews?