Catholic Brides

honey_greentea

hello~ u gals will have lunch catering at church compound after wedding mass? then dinner at hotel at night isit? then in the invitation card have to tell them all these har?

zljoan

Greentea> I will be having brunch catering at the church compound - tentage @ the piazza..banquet another day. so, will be having 2 different cards 1 provided by hotel, as for the church invite, will prob design those 1-page card type. still wrecking my head on that one!

noknok

Greentea, yah.. have lunch n dinner. But think will have two seperate cards. Only some people we're inviting for both. The rest is either / or.

purinne

hiya greentea ... am havin church weddin and lunch on the same day ... so will put everything into the card provided by the hotel
happy.gif

fifteenmay

Hey all, thanks for the information. i found it puzzling cos my cousin actually had the unity candle part in her wedding mass and i saw other couples have it too in their wedding booklets. so i thought that its a new thing that we cant have it. just making sure

groovy2009

Noknok> we don't need the unity candle.
My reason to have it just to have more happenings during the wedding reception, take more photos :$.. hehe.. Anyway it's quite a common thing for wedding couples nowadays, so I guess having it in wedding reception is better, compare to have nothing at all.. And we can keep the candle as memories :p. hehehe..

honey_greentea

Sobe/Noknok/purinne: mine is also church wedding then lunch in hotel only. everything in one day! haha.. purinne, if i'm not mistaken, u'll have ur lunch reception in marina mandarin right?

zljoan

greentea> oooo...then are u still providing a reception in church? been some changes in my timing...initially wanted the mass at 2pm but since my mum wants the tea ceremony to be after mass aka solemnization only, went to change it to 9am... *sigh* my poor frens who live all the way in the east! one thing though, at least by the late afternoon I'll be free!
happy.gif

honey_greentea

Sobe, wont be having reception in church wor, will charter a bus and ferry them to the hotel after the 10am mass... dunno whether have enuf time or not if lunch starts at 12.30pm.

i thought morning mass would be better? feel more fresh ma. hehe.. how come u plan it at 2pm initially? i was also thinking to hv mass in the afternoon then followed by dinner but my mum prefers morning :S

estatic_bride

Hi Sobe,

Same with me. My mass oso will be in the morn 9am followed by buffet den tea ceremony at his hse den my hse.. estimated to end ard 4 latest.

Morning is freaking rush cos he still haf to reach my hse at 630 for the gate crashing den rush all the way from the west to the east to the church

My dinner is spaced 3 mths apart in March le.. Anybody u heard of is lidat?? feel abit wierd but dats the earliest date we can get from GCW.

Btw, something to ask.Rasel is v gd in terms of food quality or price eh? i see tt everyone is raving abt but no idea y izzit so pop.

estatic_bride

Hi Nok Nok,

I'm requesting for the hotel to get the cake earlier on my church wedding instead of banquet nite cos i feel dat church is the actual wedding which will not be so complete without the cake.

But hor, hotel onli provide 1kg of cake le which cfm is nt enuff.. So still tinking whether shud get a big one ourselve or just put the 1kg cake at my FMIL's hse to give relatives

zljoan

estatic> from west to east? wahh....that's really early and you've gotta start your prep even earlier! i'm in just a slightly better situation than you..hee...have an extra hour to prepare. can't recall if it's after 6 or 7am that i've gotta pay MUA surcharge - better ask again. ohh...you only want Grand Corpthorne and no other? As for Rasel, I've used them quite a few times. Initially, didn't want to use for my wedding but it's really value for money when you consider their service and food quality.

Greentea > yeah...9am is really early but no choice 11am timeslot was taken long long ago and 2pm is a little late if the tea ceremony is to take place after church.

estatic_bride

Greentea - ya lo..9 am v early but we r hoping that there isnnt any wedding mass at 11 den we can push it ltr to 10 den got more time.. GCW is Grand Corpthorne waterfront lo

Sobe - We take GCW cos its onli 888 nett for Sunday, v value for $$ plus sign up during a fair many perks too..
We check other hotels even 4 stars oso more ex than GWC..Btw, how much is Rasel per head for a reasonable menu ah? maybe i can consider them too cos i'm tinking of getting DeliHub initially

Btw, are ur gers getting Rasel to set up a reception table?

noknok

My Recept by Rasel cost $15 per pax. Min 100 pax. Not very sure abt the reception table though. have yet to go down and talk to them in details.

zljoan

estatic> WAHHHHHH....$888nett for Sun dinner at GWC for 2010? that's a fantastic deal! mine is that price for lunch. :s

Rasel has a few packages, it depends on your budget and/or the people you are catering for. I sorta customised my menu for bout $20/per pax. Reception and buffet table will be included/provided by Rasel if you take up any of their wedding packages with min. of 100pax. Simple n elegant set up is a definite but if you wanna really do the buffet line up and all, there'll be extra cost.

zljoan

greentea> yeah, having it the next day cos only close frens & relatives are invited to the banquet. for colleagues & friends, it's the church, hence the need to do it up nicely with tentage n all.

lunch banquet will be at Holiday Inn PV - upgraded the package, so basically paying for everything that you'd get for a dinner banquet at a slightly lower cost and fewer minimum no. of tables requirement.

honey_greentea

Yo... my chirch does not have choir group leh. then we have to invite choirs from other churches one is it? any recommendation?
I juz realized Philip lye is from St. Mary de... Some of u here are using him rite.

noknok

Greentea - Can't advise since I also not sure. Sorry.

btw, is it like a must to wear Full White gown for church wedding? I'm thinking of a white and red gown.

krystal80

hi greentea, if ur planning to use choirs from other churches, check with them if they can sing at other churches coz some dun =)

noknok, to be honest, I dun think so...it's up to u, ur family elders and parents (imo) but if ur concerned, maybe u can check with ur priest =)

I know mine has to be a white white gown but that's coz of family demands =)

estatic_bride

Nok Nok, I tink can wear off white ba cos i know my colleague wore off white for her church wedding.

Hi Greentea, roughly wad is the rate to charter a bus from ur church to the hotel? my case would be from my hse to the church and back.. Is there different rates for different seaters?

honey_greentea

Hi estatic bride, i have done some research on the charter bus, they hv a few options like for standard 20 seater bus, they charge at $150 for first 3 hours. or $75-$80 per trip. for your case if u opt for per trip rate, then it would be $160 for two trips. a bigger bus i.e. 40 seater will be more expensive by 10-20 dollars only so it is more worthy if u get a 40-seater bus. like per trip is only 85-90 for a 40-seater bus
happy.gif

momomic

hi all! i'm new to this thread and looking to have my big day in Mar 2010.

Now in a dilemma over having a lunch or dinner banquet. Wondering if any of you here is having or have held a wedding lunch at hotel after church service and can share your detailed schedule?

I tried to plan mine out but either way the timing seems very tight.

zljoan

hi momomic, I may be wrong but I thought we generally do not hold weddings in church during the period of Lent?

I'm having a lunch banquet but it's gonna be held the day after my church wedding -- can't have it on the same day cos am providing brunch thereafter!

purinne

hihi momomic
happy.gif
... i'll b havin mi church weddin and lunch on the same day
happy.gif
... goin to b very much of a rush but wanna hav everything done in a day
happy.gif
... i'll b gettin chartered bus to bring my guests to the lunch venue imme after my church weddin ... and church weddin will b at 1030am
happy.gif

noknok

Hi momomic - I agree with sobe.. dun think priest will allow weddings during lent. My priest once told me this couple wanna get married on Good Friday, they tried looking but rejected by many priests. Finally they found one but the priest ask them to wear black for their wedding. You may want to consult the priest first before deciding on the date.

momomic

Thanks sobe, purinne and noknok.. i'll check with my priest on the date.

so purinne, will your helpers leave for the lunch venue before the church ceremony to do the set-up and testing of sound system, projector, etc?

If they leave after the church ceremony, is there sufficient time for them to set up before guests start arriving?

purinne

hiya momomic
happy.gif

i haven planned on that yet ... however, as at now, we dun intend to hav any montage, etc at the lunch ... coz its too tight to do one ... but mite b subjected to change nearer the date ba ... so for now not so much of a worry for us on the projector part ... as for sound system part, my sis will b helpin mi with it ... she said no worries ...

my helpers will leave imme after my church weddin to ursher my guests to the hotel ... i intend to check with the hotel whether they allow me to do some of the checks the nite before ... if can then probably gettin my helpers to help mi with it
happy.gif
... otherwise ... i gotta depend on my coordinator to help mi with most of the stuffies

also, there'll b a cocktail session before the lunch starts ... so tat'll help to buy me some time to do the last min checks
happy.gif

purinne

oh ya ... one of mi frenz engaged a one-day weddin planner to help them run their day ... so if u r worried, can consider tat too
happy.gif

i thot its a pretty gd idea
happy.gif

momomic

hi gals, just to let you know that i checked with a couple of churches and there are no restrictions on having wedding masses/service during Lent season - It's only Good Friday when they don't allow.

Thanks purinne for sharing your plan. I guess i'm being a worrywart huh... haha...

For those who are doing dinner banquet, do you provide light refreshments or lunch for guests after the church mass/service?

purinne

hiya momomic
happy.gif
... u r most welcome
happy.gif
... actually im a worrywart too ...
happy.gif
... FH seems to b takin it leisurely and stress-free manner
happy.gif

noknok

momomic - I'm providing lunch for my guests and then dinner banquet as well.

My service will start at 11am, then dinner starts at 7pm. In between is the tea ceremony. I dun think I'll invite everyone for the church wedding, esp my bosses. Will only invite friends for the church. Banquet is more for collegues n relatives cos most of them are not catholics or christians.

zljoan

sigh.....just been told that this wk's MPC session has been changed to Sat...if can't attend it, gotta join the next quarter!
sad.gif

zljoan

Noknok, cos last week's session at SJI was cancelled due to the H1N1 alert. Instead, we had the home session. They managed to find a new location but it's on Sat instead of Sun and it's almost impossible for me and my fh to attend due to prior arrangements! I suppose the other couples have no problem ba...so in quite a fix about this....

zljoan

dunno...seeing what we can do at the moment. hopefully if worst scenario, it'll be just that particular session and not the whole thing! :s