Cataract Op

its_cool

Hi
Anybody kins been to cataract Op b4? isit safe? how much isit?My MIL is afraid to go for this surgery.what are we suppose to do?she is afraid that she will go blind if the OP fail and afraid its too costly.she is 58 this year.

mark78

actually quite safe de. its a small ops. my mum did her cat. op by julian from eagles eyes. u can try google for eagle eyes eye care.

mark78

its quite fast. it took less than a couple of hr n there she goes. she ready to return home.

it cost me 5k. half was paid by my medi safe and other half by cash. try to get dr julian of eagle eye to do it.

smileguy

not sure whether ur MIL is in which stage of cataract but she should go for op if it is "ripe" meaning a total blur vision..if its in the early stage then is ok but as time goes by sure her vision will become blur..cos cataract grows...

If continue to drag on... more serious problem will arise.. may cos the drainage system of eye to be block which will increase the eye pressure tat will cause glaucoma that lead blindness..

its just a simple operation tat only need about 15-20min la..artificial lens will be implanted to the eye tat the cataract is removed...but of cos old ppl when heard of all this op...they will be scare..so try to make her comfortable n assure her is safe Op..its the EYE somemore..

it cost abt 3k plus in SNEC..but after CPF medisave u should pay abt 1k plus in cash..its a day surgery..so dont have to stay in ward..its quite a safe Op...dont have to worry..successful rate in sg is near to 100%..next moment u will see her having a perfect eyesight.

simpleman

yeah, I am going for vitrectomy and cataract operation at the same time next week.. 2 in one as I recently injured my left eye..

Cost about 10K for the 2 operation.. and yes, it should be safe lah.. don't know how much from medisave yet.. will know on monday when they give me the actual quotation.

Cataract operation by itself should be 3k to 5K.. Mine doctor said 4K.

smileguy

Sm
Take care...had both the surgery done in my left eye too..

Its_cool
Cataract will tend to grow back again after the surgery..but it can be easily remove using laser treament

its_cool

Hi everyone
Thanks for the advise.We have brought our MIL for an eye review today.The doc say currently her condition do not need any op yet..But if it worsen she will have to go for the ops.but she still need to go back for follow up again 3 months later.

verang12

Just wanted to share with all here the recent cataract surgery I had.

Preparation was simple, only antibiotics required prior to the op 2 days before.

Day of op, fasted for 6 hrs and was a day surgery technique. Technique used was the phaco emulsification one and what it meant was removal of the lens and reinsertion of a new one.

I was in and out of the OT as faster than a QQ can reach Bukit Panjang to CIQ . Waiting time was longer than total OP time. I have regained my vision fully and tested to be 6/6.

Those contemplating please go ahead and go for it. Effortless

Rachel Go

I have the same age as your MIL and I would like to say that I was also scared to get a surgery. The surgery went well; no complications or problems. I felt no discomfort and nothing bothered me. But for the first time in my life I was able to see through my right eye again. I can do my normal routine with ease again. I can drive, I can do errands. I can be on my own again. Just be with your MIL throughout the whole surgery. She needs you more now. You can check my doctor if you want https://steveseah.blogspot.com/

Batee

Hi
Anybody kins been to cataract Op b4? isit safe? how much isit?My MIL is afraid to go for this surgery.what are we suppose to do?she is afraid that she will go blind if the OP fail and afraid its too costly.she is 58 this year.

I'm not sure if it is around this much $3,024, $3,319.
but, of course it is safe!
If i were you, try my doctor https://steveseah.blogspot.com/
He has been a family doctor for years .

jason.chan

I'm considering Dr Steve Seah for my Epi-LASIK treatment later this year. May I ask about your experiences with him?

Whygetmarried

Hi, anyone’s family member has diabetes, mild retinopathy and cataract? Would like to know if this would complicate cataract operation and recovery, please. Thank you.

krizzyteng

I'm considering Dr Steve Seah for my Epi-LASIK treatment later this year. May I ask about your experiences with him?
We have experience with Dr Seah but for cataract surgery. He did the surgery for my grandmother on two separate occasions. My granny preferred to do one eye a week apart because travelling tires her easily and she didn't want to have patches on both eyes while recovering. Dr Seah's good. He was friendly during our consults and the surgery took only minutes. My granny also recovered quickly.