Castalia Wedding Gallery

xuanziz

Hi i have read good reviews abt Castalia and would like to find out more before going down to the shop. Can someone please share what's in a full standard package (i.e. pre-wedding shoot + AD, how many poses/photos, MUA? etc.) and what's the price range like? Many thanks :)

Synee

Hi xuanziz, according to my best recollection from my latest visit with them, for the RM5000+ package, the one with the designer gowns, you are entitled to 3 AD gowns, 2 suits, flower bouquet, corsage and decor for the cars. As for the photo shoot, this package comprised of 30 poses in a 10pg album. Not sure about the MUA cos I was only intro to the package. Of coz you have to pay more if you want to use their ampoule, nu bra and hair stylist. Hope this helps :)

febulous

Hi everyone, i recently dropped in at castalia to take a look at their package. True that the stff are friendly and not pushy at all. But they seems reluctant to let me try the gowns but i did try 2 of them. And also, more importantly, they mentio that they have these 15 gowns that are only available to customers who sign the more ex package. Anyone of you heard of this?

I didnt know they have this 15 designer gowns. When I first sat down, I asked if they have segregations for gowns because I know alot of bs in jb do that. But they told me none. Now im worried and they are close tomorrow. I couldnt check till wednesday. If they really exclude these designer gowns, I wouldnt have sign with them coz they let me tried one of gown in that range and I love it. I didnt go for the highest package.

Synee

On my recent visit, they hv one on display, a bling bling gown with a long train nd it is super pretty. That one is one of the "designer gown" that is only available if u sign the 5000+ package. Having said this, they still let me try on one of their other designer gown. I personally feel that these gowns are really more glamorous than the few i saw around. Then again, the sales mention that these gown might turn out differently for everyone so whether its worth to "upgrade" and hv access to them is up to personal choice. Dun b disheartened, might wan to take a closer look at their designer gown, perhaps ur dream gown is not one of those :)

febulous

On my recent visit, they hv one on display, a bling bling gown with a long train nd it is super pretty. That one is one of the "designer gown" that is only available if u sign the 5000+ package. Having said this, they still let me try on one of their other designer gown. I personally feel that these gowns are really more glamorous than the few i saw around. Then again, the sales mention that these gown might turn out differently for everyone so whether its worth to "upgrade" and hv access to them is up to personal choice. Dun b disheartened, might wan to take a closer look at their designer gown, perhaps ur dream gown is not one of those :)

I delibrately asked the question on gown range with package price. Even asked my bf to confirm that I asked this before... Perhaps they are not pushy to ask me get the 5k plus package... Hopefully my dream gown is not inside that range plus im a plus size. It decreases the chance too. Haha

sunshine1208

I see... Go desaru definitely need 2 days. I am only taking around jb area. When is your ps gown selection date?

I went on Monday already, tried all photoshoots gowns... Actually I din really select, somehow they know your style and able to choose the right ones for me..

MicBebe

Just to share a review for Castalia since we have benefited from the forum here. We took up a package with them a few months ago and we can say we are absolutely happy with their service and attitude. We were served by JC, Joey and as well their photographer, Ah Yuan spoke to us even before we took the package. We are impressed by his photography skills and an even simple and down to earth surrounding, he can make it really good. You can tell by the photo posted by Glenn. We didn't take their theme package as we are under budget and I must say they are really accommodating. So far our experience with them is that they have not hard sell us but they do stick to their principle to ensure up to standards especially on how to prepare for PS and selection of photos to make the album.

Joey is really bubbly and cheerful all the times. She is really good at touching up our wedding photo too. We are happy to have JC to help us with our gowns selection, and she will make sure we are happy with the photo design before we move on to another photo design. Be prepare to go down a few times if you really want your album to look well as that's what we do. For those who didn't take the theme package like we did, my fiance also can't find what she find initially but eventually she manage to find it! Phew. So doesn't mean if you didn't take the theme package, you won't find what you need. So just spend what your pocket allows you and they will take care the rest! Overall they are really friendly and helpful. Cheers - Mike

febulous

I went on Monday already, tried all photoshoots gowns... Actually I din really select, somehow they know your style and able to choose the right ones for me..

I tried their gowns before signing up. Those that I didnt thought I will ever wear, were the ones they grabbed for me... After trying, really suits me!

sunshine1208

Just to share a review for Castalia since we have benefited from the forum here. We took up a package with them a few months ago and we can say we are absolutely happy with their service and attitude. We were served by JC, Joey and as well their photographer, Ah Yuan spoke to us even before we took the package. We are impressed by his photography skills and an even simple and down to earth surrounding, he can make it really good. You can tell by the photo posted by Glenn. We didn't take their theme package as we are under budget and I must say they are really accommodating. So far our experience with them is that they have not hard sell us but they do stick to their principle to ensure up to standards especially on how to prepare for PS and selection of photos to make the album.

Joey is really bubbly and cheerful all the times. She is really good at touching up our wedding photo too. We are happy to have JC to help us with our gowns selection, and she will make sure we are happy with the photo design before we move on to another photo design. Be prepare to go down a few times if you really want your album to look well as that's what we do. For those who didn't take the theme package like we did, my fiance also can't find what she find initially but eventually she manage to find it! Phew. So doesn't mean if you didn't take the theme package, you won't find what you need. So just spend what your pocket allows you and they will take care the rest! Overall they are really friendly and helpful. Cheers - Mike

That's nice ! Hope all our experience with them are fantastic ! Congrats everyone getting married soon ! Blissful marriage for all !

Cindy2186

I would like to share my experience with Castalia. I chance upon Castalia through this forum feedback.and their facebook. Those feedback I saw were good ones, none of them were negative. We decided to email them to arrange for a meet up session. It doesn't take long to reach their place, probably around 5 mins from JB custom. When we first step in, they showed us the pictures that past couples took. My husband and I were mesmerised by them. They were so natural looking, not those cliche wedding pictures that we used to see. All couples looked very natual in the pictures, no signs of fake smile or laughter. I remember asking the lady who attended to us, JC, if they were models but JC told me they were real couples. After browsing through the pictures, JC asked about my dream wedding dress and proceed to select a few for me to try on. I didn't expect I could try on their gowns as I have not signed any package with them. JC was super friendly and attentive throughout (p.s. she was super young too!). I don't feel them pressuring us to sign their package. In the end, I've decided to sign a package with them. They did not psycho us to take their most expensive package but instead they ask what we need. What I wanted was just 1 album and I do not want those bedside photo frame and car decor etc. They managed to convert those items that I do not want to the number of photos I can select. Afew months later, we went back to select our photoshoot gown and suit. Our package allows us to select 5 sets of outfit each. We also met up with the photographer, Ah Yuan, to let him know what's our theme and our story. My husband and I didn't though of any theme for our photoshoot, we were totally clueless. Ah Yuan was super nice, he told us to relax and to bring whatever props we want on the photoshoot day and he will settle the rest.
We allocated 2 days for photoshoot, 1 day for indoor and the other outdoor. Experience with the crew was awesome! Makeup artist will chat with us while doing our make up, sharing her personal stories and jokes. Photographer assistant, Wei Xian was super helpful al all times and even helped to coordinate outfits for my husband. Photographer, Ah Yuan was super professional in making us laugh when our smiles were quite stiff and taking awesome looking korean lookalive picture. I have not seen our album and select my gown. Will update once I've done those.

sunshine1208

Hehehe I haven't take my ps yet but I'm also Eric! Mind sharing your experience thereafter?

Eric is quite pro, and if you have your own things to bring for photoshoots, it will be better. He will take a few shoots like a story line and show us a few pics taken, we like them !
Another round for outdoor next week, hope weather is good !

febulous

Eric is quite pro, and if you have your own things to bring for photoshoots, it will be better. He will take a few shoots like a story line and show us a few pics taken, we like them !
Another round for outdoor next week, hope weather is good !

Your outdoor shoot very hot weather right??

Cathleen

Hi all,

I have done & collected my pre-wed photos! Just want to share my experience with Castalia.

One of my friend had their pre-wed photo-shoot with them, so I have decided to take a look there. I was first approached by JC - friendly girl with smiles. She showed me some of their work and tried to understand what are my requirements. Later on Joey joined in our discussion. Joey is very easy going and experience, she gave me very valuable advices and listened to my needs. After knowing what kind of photos that I wanted, they introduced their photographer - Yen. He is very pro, knowing exactly what I am looking for. Most importantly they did not sell their packages at very beginning but only after knowing my needs. I find this should be the way because I have heard some of the bridal shop they are trying to sell their packages the moment we enter the shop. The package that they offered to me is very reasonable! I also take a look at their gowns which I like them! The whole discussion went well but I did not sign the package on the spot as I need to discuss further with my hubby.

After much consideration, we signed the package! During this visit, we talked to Yen again, they noted down what are the "must shoot" things, what kind of "feel" that we wanted for our photos and discussed the photo-shoot locations, dates, etc. Helen - experience and approachable girl, and JC helped us with choosing the gowns and suits, patiently! Not forgetting Joey, give us truthful comments to ensure we select the matching gowns for the photoshoot. Roy - the young looking boss, also very nice and always chit-chat & entertain us!

We arrived early on photo-shooting day. MUA Silvia very skillful, I like the make-up & hairdo from her - natural, not too fanciful! Wei Xian - the assistant of photographer, helped my hubby with his suits matching with the accessories. Yen is very pro, trying to allay our anxiety, crack jokes and capture our natural smiles! Wei Xian helped us with all the chores likes carrying our bags & gowns, tidying our clothing, ensure lighting is good, touch-up our make-ups etc, make us feel like a stars hehe! The photoshoot wouldn't went so smoothly without Yen & Wei Xian! I have received so much compliments for the photos!!

I must say a big THANK YOU to all the staffs at Castalia! Their professionalism & tip-top service make us so much at ease during our wedding preparation! Regardless from the 1st consultation to gown selection, photo shooting, choosing photos, until the actual day preparations (hand bouquet, wed car deco)... they are so warmth, friendly, flexible & approachable! Kudos to all of you - Joey, Yen, JC, Helen, Roy, Silvia & Wei Xian!!

cheryl89

Hi all! I just signed up with Castalia too and would like to check for e review with their MUA. Is there anyone who can provide me with e reviews for MUA by e name of 小宣(xiao xuan)??

cheryl89

I just had my indoor shoot and my mua is xiao xuan. She's good! Able to change every hairdo according to my outfit! And matched every accessories with it too!

Phew. Glad to see this good review! Was worried as I didnt get to see any make up done by her when i signed up for e package.

Glenn Tan

hi all, I receive a called from Joey (Castalia) today, I must say she really very customer orientated, she told me that the whole stretch of bridal shop in that area will be out of electricity tomorrow as they receive a notice from the Malaysia Gov, so she inform me to go down another week to select my wife evening gown instead of tomorrow, as she don't want us to waste a trip there. out of curiosity,I ask her what will be happening to those couple that are going for PS this few day, she say she had call them and inform them so that they will not waste the trip down and waste MUA $$, and also for those couple where they need to go down there to select their photo design, really thoughtful of her, as some other BS shop will just continue to proceed with the PS, but in a warm environment, whereby I had friend already kana, and they were complaining here and there.

so I disturb her liao, now she own me 2 cup of coffee bean instead that I own her haha....

anyway good customer services, I would rather take the ps with air-con rather then warm and humid environment haha... finally my album will be out soon heh heh...

judi28

hi all, I receive a called from Joey (Castalia) today, I must say she really very customer orientated, she told me that the whole stretch of bridal shop in that area will be out of electricity tomorrow as they receive a notice from the Malaysia Gov, so she inform me to go down another week to select my wife evening gown instead of tomorrow, as she don't want us to waste a trip there. out of curiosity,I ask her what will be happening to those couple that are going for PS this few day, she say she had call them and inform them so that they will not waste the trip down and waste MUA $$, and also for those couple where they need to go down there to select their photo design, really thoughtful of her, as some other BS shop will just continue to proceed with the PS, but in a warm environment, whereby I had friend already kana, and they were complaining here and there.

so I disturb her liao, now she own me 2 cup of coffee bean instead that I own her haha....

anyway good customer services, I would rather take the ps with air-con rather then warm and humid environment haha... finally my album will be out soon heh heh...
I totally understand.. Joey is really nice. Supposedly taking my indoor shoot 2 weeks ago, and she called saying the electricity was cut off and would be unstable Next 2 days, Which will affect the shoot... she Don't want us to risk and ask us to reschedule.. so she scheduled everything together with my outdoor shoot... really thoughtful of them...

judi28

I totally understand.. Joey is really nice. Supposedly taking my indoor shoot 2 weeks ago, and she called saying the electricity was cut off and would be unstable Next 2 days, Which will affect the shoot... she Don't want us to risk and ask us to reschedule.. so she scheduled everything together with my outdoor shoot... really thoughtful of them...
I mean scheduled to the same week as my outdoor one. To make things easier..

judi28

Hello,

I have just collected my album and would like to share my wonderful experience with castalia! Joey and JC have been really nice and helpful to us, as well as Eric the photographer, and wei xian.. My wedding is supposedly next Nov, but something happened to groom side and we have to hold it within 100days. Everything became so rush, as we have not done anything other than booking BS and venue.

Upon understanding our situation, castalia assured us that this can be done and indeed, we did everything within 2 n half months.. probably this is normal to every BS and they would definitely have the experience, but I felt it's the attitude and service matter most. And castalia did it. They tried their best to cater to your expectations to make this journey an enjoyable one, despite rushing whole day long.. they even reminded us the day before, and they try their best to complete the milestone within the timeline they promised.

Xiao xuan was my MUA and She's awesome. She's very friendly and helpful, and she did my make up and hairstyles to something similar of what I wanted Which I love it a lot. Wei xian also put in a lot of effort, whereby one of it is he has to hold and run, to make the veil fly.. as it's not easy to have the correct feel at one take, he has to redo a few times, Which is really not easy.

Overall, I had a good experience with them and I felt what they excel in, is their attitude and service.