Carlton Hotel

tigger

the bears...

41596.jpg

tigger

hi babyvon,

Married life? different I guess haha .... the pic are taken y my photographer .... Andrew from segami

elaine77

Hi tigger,

wahh.. the pics are good leh, makes the place looks quite grand. Those first 2 pics are the deco for the reception issit?

tigger

oh ya ... anyone interested in taaking Andrew can say tigger recommended. He say he will still give the $100 discount even if she is not Singaporebrides member. Cheers.....

blueberry

Hi Tigger,

So nice of you to share your photos. Looking back must have bring back lots of memories.
happy.gif

The cake look nice too.

Hi Elaine,

You sure have a lot of time to plan.. but time will run fast.. :p

Hi ZhuZhu,

I also burn my own CD.
sad.gif
din know got such rules..

elaine77

Hi tigger,

wahh.. good leh, will get the contact from you when the time gets nearer. You mean he is listed under SB directory?

babyvon

Hi Elaine,

I dunno if it's a good idea if u choose to hv the projector outside. The waiting area's reali small & squeezy shld most of ur guests turn up on time & most of them will not reali hv the chance to view it.
uhoh.gif

Moreover, if u choose to hv it outside, then u can't hv it inside. I feel tt if u've taken effort to do up a montage, the guests must def be able to view it.
happy.gif

Hi Koenig,

Nope, i didn't pay xtra for the projectors.
happy.gif
Just hv to beg, hpfully she'll agree.

Zhuzhu,

Sori, i didn't notice the projectors then but i guess it shld be on the stand...like wat u meantioned, since Jerrie said it cld be displayed outside.

Kk,

As for the burn CDs, i dun hv any prob with mine tt nite...I guess it'll all depend on luck!
wink.gif
Hwevr, i took their advice to hv the original CDs for the more impt events, like march-ins, cake-cutt'g, toast'g & fanfare.
happy.gif

Pls dun mention abt the help...Just here to share my experiences & hope others will benefit too. Cheers!
lame.gif

Tigger,

Thks for shar'g the lovely pics agn... Do hv lotsa fun & romance!
happy.gif
Any pics to share with us?

babyvon

Elaine,

Btw, i dun tink it wld be any prob with the ferns if u're gett'g ur own manpower.
happy.gif

Michellekoh,

No worries...Hope i was of some help! Cheers!
wink.gif

blueberry

Hi Michelle,

Dun worry about the deco.
The ballroom was newly renovated and with the lightening, it looks good enough.. with some more deco, will look even better
happy.gif

tigger

Hi all, all the decorations are done by Carlton ..... I thought it was nicely done up. Don't woory too much.
I ran out of photos of the deco ...... :p

blueberry

Hi Girls,

Want to check on this.
How do you know if you have extra tables or not??
When you sign for the contract, there is the stated number of table (eg 25) and max (26). If we used up to the max(26), do we pay for 26 tables ' price of 25.. I am kind of confuse why there is two number of tables.

zhuzhu

HI KK

Is there a free table for 20 tables booked? Then we only pay for 25 table lor..your 26th table is free

blueberry

Hi ZhuZhu,

I have booked 20 tables and the max number is 21..
Kind of confuse coz don't know which is which..
That means I paid for 20 tables and get 21 tables??

elaine77

Hi ladies,

tigger.. thanks for the pics, how many tables did you have at carlton? Im having around 36 tales.. im worried if it will be too crmap? Im going to sign the contract this sat, therefore gotta think carefully what if theres an increase of tables den will it be very crampy. The pic that you have shown is the newly setup stage, its quite nice when i was there to see the ballroom.

kk and zhuzhu.. u mean they having this promo or you booked this last yr during thier show?

tigger

Hi kk, elaine,

think the extra tables you talk abt is the reserve table. if it is not "opened" as in no guest sits there then you don't have to pay. But you have an upexpected turn out and you decide to let some guest sits in that reserve table, then you have to pay the full price for that table

babyvon

Hi Kk & Elaine,

I agree with Tigger...As long as u dun touch ur reserve tables, u wun be charged for tt.
happy.gif

Tigger,

Wat a coincidence! I had 27 + 2 tables too but i had to utilise 1 reserved.
wink.gif
Lucky u! Had the new decor & the bear!
happy.gif

Hi Michelle,

Gett'g rdy a new house & gett'g rdy for the AD's def a tiring task...But u'll def love all tt u'd done aft tt 'cos the experiences r just so fun & romantic! All z Best!
happy.gif

I enjoyed wat i went thru'...reali wldn't mind going thru' agn!
biggrin.gif

tigger

hi babyvon

really? haha ..... I too used 1 of the reserve table. I was glad i got the new setup too cause ..... a bit outdated I feel. The bear was a bonus!!

zhuzhu

HI KK & Elaine

Actually I cannot really remember what is stated in the contract. I tot there is a free table for every 20th table you had..or is it for another hotel
uhoh.gif

joyful29

Ho everyone,

I'm new to this web site.
I'm quite interested in holding my wedding at Carlton.
Any recommendation on who should i look for and wat should i look out for in the package?
Is there any min tables required?

Thank u in advance

elaine77

Hi ladies,

I have just made booking with carlton hotel. Finally settled the banquet, i can sleep well now, have not been sleeping well because of selecting of venue really very troublesome and time-consuming. My hubby and i took a look again at the wedding setup today and was quite pleased with the wedding stage setup but the tealights stands for the march-in is a bit plain, we might add some more deco to it, will decide when the time comes nearer. I like the table centrepiece of lily flowers.. very nice fragrance when we step into the ballroom which smells like in a garden.. hehee..

We really like the keychain very much but we have another idea of wedding favors which we might use that and or give 2 wedding favors.

blueberry

Hi Gals,

Sorry. Din come in last frid.. Was on leave..

Hi ZhuZhu,

I think you could be right.. I book mine during the starlight promo... it was somewhere indicated.. I remember. But the contract din state it...

Hi Joyfull,

There is two rooms, esplande (12 -16) and empress(25-38). You can look for Jerrie.. at [email protected]

Hi Elaine,

I book thru the promo..
Glad that you are please with them.
At least now you can rest on one thing.. You booked the rest(BS??)

Hi Michellekoh,

Take care.. dun tire yourself...

babyvon

Hi Joyful29,

Do look out for Wedding Fairs...Usually u get very good deals outta them. I booked my banquet with Carlton dur'g a Wedding Fair in March last yr.
wink.gif
& i got a reali Good deal! Best of Luck!
lame.gif

babyvon

Kk & Zhuzhu,

Tink u ladies better dbl-chk with Jerrie regrd'g the xtra table...If it's not in the contract, u better get her to include it in. Cheers!
happy.gif

Hi Elaine,

Great tt u made the rite choice! Hapi prep & hr's wish'g u & ur hubby a Blessed & Blissful Marriage ahead!
happy.gif

babyvon

Hi Michelle,

Hapi prep too! M sure u'll enjoy every minute of it, no matter hw much stress! 'Cos nthg's better than hvg ur own LOVE NEST! Cheers!
biggrin.gif

elaine77

Hi babyvon,

Thanks for your blessing. My friend's friend just went to a wedding banquet at carlton last sat, i was abit worried when they said that the food was lousy, its the worst among the hotel they went.. hmm.. i told my friend that i have feedback from friends that wah lok food is nice therefore we booked there.. and location is good. I think its up to individual taste.

Im getting abit paranoid and worried about the loses and profit of banquet. My friends told me that most of the banquet especially hotel banquet have loses instead of profit.. because nowadays economy is bad and angbao is small.. sigh..

any ladies have such worries?

blueberry

Hi Elaine77,

I will only be inviting close relatives and friends.. (Selective) So that the turnup will be good and can mimisie the loss (in better profit)
I think the ang po can cover... Mkt rate is not that low for close friends and relatives.

As for the food, the food is not bad.. I been there twice. But you can't please everyone's tastebuds.. different people different taste..

Dun worry too much...

Me so far no worries yet... hope to maintain that forever....

Hi Babyvon,

Will check out with her...

cwy

Hi Elaine77

just for ur info....

i had my wedding dinner 14/2 n a few comments from my relatvies & frens saying tat the food is cold esp. shark fins lor... and dey aso change the fish to the cheaper type of fish but after dey told mi its oredi too late liao lor cos immediate after the dinner dey will ask u to fill up the feedback form lor so we wrote everything is good lor...

elaine77

Hi KK,

Thats good, not so many tables.. im having like 36 tables, thanks for your comments, at least theres some positive comments on the food. Im trying not to worry too much..
happy.gif

shook

cwy

I oso faced the same problem as u. Already so tired after banquet, they want us to fill feedback form immediately. We put everything good but the captain requested us to send in written feedback. I think he doesn't believe everything is gd.

We sent our feedback to Jerrie stating the gd & bad feedback gathered fm our guests & helpers. The bad feedback mostly due to Jerrie's fault. Of coz no action fm her. In her reply she only said thanks for your feedback, dun even have a word of sorry

blueberry

Hi cwy,

Congrats on your wedding...
Must be glad everything went on smoothly.

Hi ZhuZhu,

I think I have that too.. Must check further.. free and compliment might be a different meaning...

elaine77

hi ladies, good morning!

cwy, thanks for your info, will take note and stress these to them. You mean they change the fish to a cheaper one without telling you all before the banquet? What about the service of the banquet staff?

shook, my co-ordinatoor is not Jerrie but whats wrong with her service?

cwy

foreverfriends

ya ya agreed with u totally lor... oredi so tired liao n still want us to fill the form... maybe dey knew if we fill in later sure there bound to be a lot of complains lor....

we aso wrote everything is good leh but the captain didnt said anything lor... n recently rec'd a letter from jerrie lor saying thks for giving so good comments lor....

hey do u hv any problems with the champagne opening huh??? cos for my champagne the stopper is a plastic wan instead of the wooden cork so we had a hard time with the champagne during the dinner lor... n aso so paisay lor...

elaine77
ya dey change without informing lor... so its better that ur guest can feedback to u immediately lor or else it will be too late after u hv fill up the form lor....

the service of the staff so so lor... dey can be quite slow in filling up the drinks lor....

elaine77

hi cwy,

I think they should inform all these earlier like changing to another fish, must stress to them this when we go for food-tasting..
For filling up of drinks, i think most hotels or rest. have this problem, i went to a few banquets like hyatt, regent and even westin are slow in re-filling drinks. Im more concerned about the food.. hehe.. my hubby keep stressing this to Diana this when we do our booking..

where did you go for your honeymoon? DO you have any pics to share for your AD?

shook

cwy
I let my brother brought champagne home coz we used red color sparkling juice instead of champagne. My wedding wz on mother's day. My mum loves red color so I had a red color theme. Din hear any complaint fm my brother tho
Memory searched me, my dad opened a bottle of champagne wif plastic cap, he said 1st time he came across plastic cover instead of cork cover.

elaine77
Well, Jerrie forgot minor things which she promised, even some items spelled out in the contract. She promised to provide 2 exclusive ang pow boxes. My receptionist asked for it a few times & got 1 terrible looking box. No portrait stand for our portrait tho my hubby & receptionist asked for it a few times. No cordless mike which she promised & only got 2 recep chairs instead of 4 which she promised.
I oso received feedback fm my guests dat food served not hot enuff & drinks filled up after A FEW reminders
Generally the feedback for food is quite gd

cwy

elaine77

talking abt food tasting, we had 2 dishes changed aso leh.... for the chicken dey make a mistake and as for the dessert dey said out of stock lor... do u think dis is ridiculous cos the menu is set 2 weeks b4 our tasting day lor so how can dey said the dessert is out of stock rite??? dey did apologise and did let us try out the 2 dishes again lor but we rejected lah cos go all the way there just to try the 2 dishes sound so "greedy" leh....

hey how come u r serve by Diana huh cos most brides here is serve by Jerrie lor... anyway just hv to keep reminding them ur request lor cos dey can be 4getful even though its written in black & white lah....

aiyo i think i complain too much liao cos in case carlton's stafff did pop in here leh.... anyway overall carlton's ballroom is classy and the suite is nice too xcept for the few unhappy things happen during the dinner lor.... afterall no regret lor....

so when is ur AD??? hv u found the bridal shop???

michellekoh

cwy,

if changing the dishes will have extra cost? v thinking upgrade our package but have to test first than decide.. worry a few comment mention the dishes cool, now hear from urs a bit scare..

elaine77

Hi ladies, GOod morning!

shook, ic.. hmm.. i have met her a few times, i find her quite friendly but abit cold at times. But she looks quite capable kind as she is the asst banquet manager.

kk,cwy, Diana is relatively new, she took over my ROM account when she joined Carlton, overrall im quite pleased with her service during my wedding and she arranged things nicely and without leaving out any. Hopefully she will maintain her standard or even better for my ROM.. hehee.
cwy,did u lodget a complaint to them that they change dish last minute? Can demand a discount because its thier mistake.

hahahaha.. if they really see this website and saw the comments, i hope that they will improve on ther service and most important.. the food.Looking on the comments on food, im abit worried because when i told pple about carlton, they know about wah lok, if my guest came with high hopes with wah lok food den if it turn our otherwise, it will be bad.

cwy

hi hi elaine77

i didnt lodge any compaint lah cos everthing is over liao n if i did dey wil think i m trying to create troubles lor.... kekeke